CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']I Hear ya, having just ordered a TE last week. Its really difficult to justify spending that type of dough on a stick. I can't wait to use it though, I'm pretty psyched for it actually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we will see. At least it will be fun to mod. I plan on putting some MvC2 art in there and an octo plate.

[quote name='controlcommerce']Nice collection. You need at least one American Happs style stick though (for Marvel baby!). ;)[/QUOTE]

Got two, they just aren't in the pic. :razz:

As you wish. :) The big wooden box I built myself, using limited tools. It really needs to be routered and refinished sometime.

ShitHAPPens.jpg

just curious...how much did it cost u guys to order the plexiglass sheet + artwork from arthrong from srk? googled and didnt find crap.

Bomber any idea on how I would fix the metal plate on a SE. On my second ( unmodded ) SE the metal plate that the art is on is coming off in the lower right corner. Not the art, but the plate itself is no longer being held down by what ever glue was used. Any idea on how I would go about fixing this( type of glue I would use, or just rip the damn plate off and be done with it. )?

I have already sent MC about 4 emails though out last month but they won't even respond, so I am done with that dumb shit. Already sold my TE and seems a buddy of mine will take my modded SE off my hands at cost. Seems I am going to be stuck with this other one so bla. Might as well double up on my Hori preoders for October.

[quote name='LostRoad']Bomber any idea on how I would fix the metal plate on a SE. On my second ( unmodded ) SE the metal plate that the art is on is coming off in the lower right corner. Not the art, but the plate itself is no longer being held down by what ever glue was used. Any idea on how I would go about fixing this( type of glue I would use, or just rip the damn plate off and be done with it. )?

I have already sent MC about 4 emails though out last month but they won't even respond, so I am done with that dumb shit. Already sold my TE and seems a buddy of mine will take my modded SE off my hands at cost. Seems I am going to be stuck with this other one so bla. Might as well double up on my Hori preoders for October.[/QUOTE]

that plate is held on there with glue?? I thought it was screwed onto the plastic base? some super glue maybe

[quote name='anubis20']that plate is held on there with glue?? I thought it was screwed onto the plastic base? some super glue maybe[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any screws when I modded my first one. Would super glue work though? Since it is metal going on to plastic?

There should be 5 screws under the SFIV artwork on the SE stick. 2 on the left, 1 on the top and 2 on the right. Madcatz seem to have horrible Quality Control so it might just be a loose screw. I bought 2 fightsticks and modded 1 of them then sold it. The second one I bought already had a screw loose inside which was part of the 4 screws holding the stick in place.

None of these problems were present in my TE's.

Unless Wireless is really important to you, I say just keep the Madcatz and mod it. I don't believe there is any word on whether the Wireless Hori's will be using quick disconnects (making modding super easy). Maybe MM confirmed it somewhere and I missed it.

LostRoad like Greyzie said it's held on with screws (you need to kill the old art to get to them). You could put some arcade parts in there if you haven't already and replace the sticker with custom artwork, which would result in a very nice stick.

I now have 3 sticks, Wireless 360 SFAC stick, 360 SF4 TE stick and T5 stick with inpin. The TE is really slick. I am still getting used to sticks, but the TE seems like the winner.

The Hori sticks I was talking about is the upcoming EX-SE and PS3 SA. Already have one of each on preorder, and they are both wired. Think you were thinking of the T6 stick Grey. Thanks for the info though when I get home I will take it apart and see what I can do to get the edge back down. The EX-SE is a great stick, I found I like the Hori case better than TEs and it comes fully seimuitsu so I wont have to mod it at all. The SA is sanwa, but I guess it wont hurt to have one sanwa stick around.

Na this one hasn't been modded yet Bomber, but I have a few sets of seimuitsu buttions for back up for my other sticks. New art work is going to be the real pain since I am so damn indecive when it comes to art.

This thread is huge at 88 pages, so I apologize if this has been covered.

For those that have swapped the art on a TE...did you cut new plexi and place it underneath? Or could you just lami-label over the original art and expect to recover it later?

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to arcade sticks in general. I've had a SE on my PS3 for a while and I don't really have too many problems with it. I have one question though, do you think I should get the Tekken 6 Hori stick for my 360 or get another SE and mod it?

[quote name='chunga']Hey guys, I'm kinda new to arcade sticks in general. I've had a SE on my PS3 for a while and I don't really have too many problems with it. I have one question though, do you think I should get the Tekken 6 Hori stick for my 360 or get another SE and mod it?[/QUOTE]

i donno anythinga bout the tekken sticks, but Hori is coming out with these for fall

http://sdtekken.com/2009/07/06/fall-season-of-arcade-sticks/

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']This thread is huge at 88 pages, so I apologize if this has been covered.

For those that have swapped the art on a TE...did you cut new plexi and place it underneath? Or could you just lami-label over the original art and expect to recover it later?[/QUOTE]You can peel off the original red TE art then lami-label over the metal panel.

I just got two Dreamgear Arcade Fighter sticks for my first mods, and I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a template? (I'm super lame and don't want to make my own)

Thanks!

[quote name='anubis20']I have both of those on pre-order at amazon.[/QUOTE]

Hey anubis, I finally got the mesh ball tops in. Man, that Akihabara Shop really sucks!
They charged me 710yen for airmail shipping even though I am in Japan already. Then, they put 140yen worth of stamps on a regular paper bag and rolled the balls up in it. :roll:

In any case, now I guess I just need the artwork printed and a plastic cover made for it so I can finally use it. Can you give me an estimate of how much you would charge to have it done for me and shipped here?

My TE came today. I played with it for an hour (smooth as butter) and then promptly voided the warranty.

img0104d.jpg

After I'd taken off all the "quick" disconnects, I realized I hadn't written down what color goes to what button. "No problem, these things are labeled" I told myself. And then I noticed the relay (I don't know what it's really called, it's the two rows of black plastic that the other ends of the button cables plug into) was for PS3. No shit. X, O, Square and Triangle. "Great, that's going to be a lot of trial and error" I thought. Wait a minute? Didn't that guy from SRK break down the whole deal on YouTube? Yep...and he took the "liberty" of removing all the disconnects before filming. fuck. About a half hours worth of web surfing later, I found this, reposted here for reference purposes:

img0118c.jpg

Kink...sorry, FedEx Office didn't have the lami-label that everyone mentions when talking about this sort of thing. So my new art (shopped, printed, and meticulously cut by my beautiful, loving wife) is straight up laminated. Without further ado, my new classic. Hope you enjoy it!

img0105mpr.jpg

img0106jon.jpg

[quote name='dv8mad']Hey anubis, I finally got the mesh ball tops in. Man, that Akihabara Shop really sucks!
They charged me 710yen for airmail shipping even though I am in Japan already. Then, they put 140yen worth of stamps on a regular paper bag and rolled the balls up in it. :roll:

In any case, now I guess I just need the artwork printed and a plastic cover made for it so I can finally use it. Can you give me an estimate of how much you would charge to have it done for me and shipped here?[/QUOTE]

PM sent

Oh snap, back (almost) from USMC Officer Candidate School and what do I find on Amazon but in stock SF IV TE sticks and the upcoming Hori SE/SA stix?!

I missed you guys.

[quote name='coleipoo']You can, but you need an intel chipset motherboard or if you don't have that, a special PC card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that kind of sucks. I guess it's not worth it. Does anyone know if there is any chance madcats might put out a driver or something?

[quote name='thadwhit']Yeah that kind of sucks. I guess it's not worth it. Does anyone know if there is any chance madcats might put out a driver or something?[/QUOTE]

Last I had heard, they were... but that was a really, really long time ago. I have no clue now.

So, I spent most of me free time today trying to install a MC Cthlhu and Imp board into my SF IV SE stick got everything wired up, plugged it in, and no power... Everything looked wired up correctly, but nothing from the stick :roll:. I was worried that I shorted the PCB or something, but I undid all the connections for the boards and everything works fine. Just felt like sharing my frustration. ;)

[quote name='eastx']Welcome back Halo005!

Gr8, did you put something nonconductive beneath the Cthulhu when you mounted it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I totally missed CAG.

Without sounding like an ignorant dick, are there still any issues with the SF IV TEs or is this batch fixed? I'd rather not deal with opening it up and/or sending it back to Madcatz.

I was going to dual mod my TE the other day, but my soldering iron tip needs to get replaced. Shit was tuuuuuuuurible. I really hate going to Radio Shack though.

VSHG

[quote name='Halo05']Thanks. I totally missed CAG.

Without sounding like an ignorant dick, are there still any issues with the SF IV TEs or is this batch fixed? I'd rather not deal with opening it up and/or sending it back to Madcatz.[/QUOTE]

They are fine now. Not that many from the starter batch where messed up. Hori is coming out with new sticks later this year if you are that worried about it. The PS3 one is full sanwa and the 360 is seimitsu which is very nice. Really though the TE is the better deal for a PS3 stick unless you mod with seimitsu like myself. $119 for the PS3 stick $139 for the 360.

@eastx: Yeah, I was following your guide and saw the note to put something non-conductive underneath so I put a piece of cardboard between the two boards.

So I'm thinking about buying a taeyoung fanta from one of the people here who just got back from korea, but the problem is that it would be hard to mount without buying something like a saulabi box. He mentioned custom mounting plates, which seem alright, but I was wondering what you guys think about trying to mount a fanta in a TE or SE or something.

[quote name='heavyd853']So I'm thinking about buying a taeyoung fanta from one of the people here who just got back from korea, but the problem is that it would be hard to mount without buying something like a saulabi box. He mentioned custom mounting plates, which seem alright, but I was wondering what you guys think about trying to mount a fanta in a TE or SE or something.[/QUOTE]

Eh seems like more work than it is worth unless you are getting it for a good deal. I take it you want it for MvC2? I would say just buy a Korean stick to be honest, they are pretty damn cheap and a good one will only run you like $50-$60. I have never tried to put a fanta in a TE or SE so have no idea if it would fit right, they are longer so who knows. Don't own any HAPs?

Well I'd be getting the fanta for 20 bucks, and I need to mod my SE since one of the buttons is out and it doesn't have a stick top anymore (lol). I just wanted to see how a korean stick felt, and maybe play some Tekken on it.

So here is my dillema. I ordered the ps3 TE from buy.com when it was on sale for 129.99 a couple weeks ago. I get my package in the mail and I am excited as hell. Open it up and the 360 TE is in the box. Have no use for it as I don't have a xbox.

Buy.com is saying they did nothing wrong, and told me if I want to return it, I have to pay 20 dollars shipping to return it. On top of that, they won't honor the 129.99 price. So in order to return the order they fucked up on, I have to pay 50 dollars.

Should I just dual mod the stick then? Kind of scared because I've never used a soldering gun before. How hard is it?

Also, I will never buy from buy.com ever again.

[quote name='MarkMan']Here comes a new challenger...

PS1/PS2 arcade stick owners... Get hype...

Review later this week!
[/QUOTE]
Wow, that might work for me. I have two of the Tekken 5 arcade sticks for PS2. Let me know how it works!

Is it just one controller port per unit?

[quote name='coleipoo']So here is my dillema. I ordered the ps3 TE from buy.com when it was on sale for 129.99 a couple weeks ago. I get my package in the mail and I am excited as hell. Open it up and the 360 TE is in the box. Have no use for it as I don't have a xbox.

Buy.com is saying they did nothing wrong, and told me if I want to return it, I have to pay 20 dollars shipping to return it. On top of that, they won't honor the 129.99 price. So in order to return the order they fucked up on, I have to pay 50 dollars.

Should I just dual mod the stick then? Kind of scared because I've never used a soldering gun before. How hard is it?

Also, I will never buy from buy.com ever again.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't give up on trying to get an exchange or at the very least a partial refund - they fuck'd up, it's their responsibility to take care of you. If you can, try to get in touch with them over the phone - I find you get your point across a lot better that way. At last resort, start posting negative reviews at resellerratings and other rating sites and some stores will try to take care of you when they notice.

[quote name='coleipoo']So here is my dillema. I ordered the ps3 TE from buy.com when it was on sale for 129.99 a couple weeks ago. I get my package in the mail and I am excited as hell. Open it up and the 360 TE is in the box. Have no use for it as I don't have a xbox.

Also, I will never buy from buy.com ever again.[/QUOTE]

Keep pestering them, call them and contact the BBB. I wouldn't give up on that shit. Yet another reason I never buy from buy.com

Talked to a cutomer service rep and said they will pay for shipping but not honor the 129.99 price...I would have to pay 149.99 if I wanted the PS3 version. So no thanks. Just another business I refuse to buy from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back