CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='heavyd853']Well I'd be getting the fanta for 20 bucks, and I need to mod my SE since one of the buttons is out and it doesn't have a stick top anymore (lol). I just wanted to see how a korean stick felt, and maybe play some Tekken on it.[/QUOTE]

$20 is an okay price. Is it a Taeyoung or Myoungshin( I would advise staying away from Crown) ? You can see what fantas feel like if any of your arcades have cabs for sfiv and not viewlex, maybe even T6 though not sure on this.. ( unless of course they have been modded. ) To me they just feel and act like super Happs.

MM is that a NA release, wondering since it was made by Joytech.

[quote name='coleipoo']Talked to a cutomer service rep and said they will pay for shipping but not honor the 129.99 price...I would have to pay 149.99 if I wanted the PS3 version. So no thanks. Just another business I refuse to buy from.[/QUOTE]

could be a blesssing in disguise, its easier to dual mod the 360 version than the ps3 version.

[quote name='Milkyman']could be a blesssing in disguise, its easier to dual mod the 360 version than the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have a 360 though, wouldn't do him any good unless he plans to get one. ;)

Yes, dual modding the 360 SE/TE sticks is way easier than dual modding a PS3 stick. But he'd need to know how to solder, too.

So I was modding my friend's SE stick the other day and I noticed something very very strange.
The ball of the joystick will not come off. It seems to be the ball is one piece with the metal rod.

Anyone have this problem? Did another batch of SE sticks end up like this since they had the washer issue?

I've taking apart 5 SE sticks already and this is the only one that is like this.
This doesn't bother my friend since I only switched out the buttons, but it bother me to no end.
I sat there and twisted the thing with a flat head for like 10 mins before I asked my friend to try to hold the ball while I twist it. Even tried to use pliers on the rod with a cloth cover. WTH is up?

I'm guessing my next question would be, can I take the stick out without removing the ball some other way? Maybe from the bottom (mounting plate side) or something?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']So I was modding my friend's SE stick the other day and I noticed something very very strange.
The ball of the joystick will not come off. It seems to be the ball is one piece with the metal rod.

Anyone have this problem? Did another batch of SE sticks end up like this since they had the washer issue?

I've taking apart 5 SE sticks already and this is the only one that is like this.
This doesn't bother my friend since I only switched out the buttons, but it bother me to no end.
I sat there and twisted the thing with a flat head for like 10 mins before I asked my friend to try to hold the ball while I twist it. Even tried to use pliers on the rod with a cloth cover. WTH is up?

I'm guessing my next question would be, can I take the stick out without removing the ball some other way? Maybe from the bottom (mounting plate side) or something?[/QUOTE]
Maybe the ball is greased up.Grab a damp paper towel and squeeze out most of the water.Place damp paper on the ball and turn counter clock wise ...I think.This should give you more grip on the ball.This also works with hard to open things like pickle jars.
Do this with the joystick upside down or sideways.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greyzieoriental']
I'm guessing my next question would be, can I take the stick out without removing the ball some other way? Maybe from the bottom (mounting plate side) or something?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can remove most sticks from the bottom, though it requires almost complete disassembly. Remove the restrictor gate and as many other parts as possible, then pull off the C ring (I like to push the actuator toward the surface plate then push on the ring's tab with a precision flathead screwdriver). With the C ring removed, the entire stick should just fall apart.

[quote name='gunm']What's with the $10 premium for the MvC2 TE stick on GS.com?[/QUOTE]

Its probably due to the higher licensing fee of Marvel

[quote name='chunga']Its probably due to the higher licensing fee of Marvel[/QUOTE]

Be glad it's not DC. They're more expensive than Marvel and they require any licensee to commission new art from their catalog of artists and they cannot reuse old art.

[quote name='gunm']What's with the $10 premium for the MvC2 TE stick on GS.com?[/QUOTE]

Where's the listing? I didn't know they were up for preorder yet.

Will somebody please elaborate on this? Was there actually a listing for the product and did have a picture or contain any info?

[quote name='distgfx']Keep pestering them, call them and contact the BBB. I wouldn't give up on that shit. Yet another reason I never buy from buy.com[/QUOTE]

This is good advice. I've complained to the BBB and the State Attorney general before (about Buy.com) and it actually worked. It takes like 10 minutes to go to the BBB site and your state attorney general site.

Buy.com is a piece of shit.

Picked up another TE from Fry's for $118.xx not as great as that one day sale but cheap enough.
Hoping for another sale at Fry's soon so I can pick up a PS3 TE on the cheap.
They had a whole pile of them.

http://i5.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/37/81/ec1e_1.JPG ---->PS2 to wii/Gamecube
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/coverlink/PS2_to_PS3_PC_Converter_(1).jpg -->PS2 to ps3/PC
http://usih.merchantrunglobal.com/I...03&MerchantID=787&ImageID=6050&DisplaySize=-1 ---->PS2 to Xbox/Xbox360

With these 3 Adapters you can turn any PS2 Arcade Fight Joystick (Hori,etc) into a universal stick for all 7 systems on the market
1.PS2
2.PS3
3.PC
4.Xbox
5.Xbox360
6.Gamecube
7.Wii

All 3 adapters will run you under 15 plus the cost of the fight stick ..... cheapest way to have a stick for every system, everything including stick cost me under 60$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I've been playing Namco fighting games for years with the PlayStation controller and with Tekken 6 coming out soon I thought about using a Arcade Stick rather than a controller. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a PS3 arcade stick that is not the Street Fighter tournament edition and may possibly work on PS2? Is Hori reliable?

Is that PS2 to Xbox 360 adapter actually good?

BTW I finally got a TE stick! For $117 shipped from Amazon. Can't wait to put the exclusive custom art on it that I've had ready for months now.

And did you guys know that I developed a way to install an RJ-45 jack inside the TE's cable compartment? It's most useful for people who want their TEs to look like stock sticks and yet work with extra consoles. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7354050&postcount=767

[quote name='MarkMan']Get a PS2 arcade stick and use a good converter (Pelican, inPin, Real, HAIS).[/QUOTE]

Finally! Somebody acknowledges the HAIS, thank you!

[quote name='FroMann']Hey guys. I've been playing Namco fighting games for years with the PlayStation controller and with Tekken 6 coming out soon I thought about using a Arcade Stick rather than a controller. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a PS3 arcade stick that is not the Street Fighter tournament edition and may possibly work on PS2? Is Hori reliable?[/QUOTE]
What I used was reliable as far as I could tell, since it was owned by a friend.
cagus.smile.jpg

Whoa. Does that Japanese Madcatz FightPad have both bumper buttons on the face? Will a revision like that ever come out in America, Markman?

Well, everyone's TE layout can be anything they want it to be since the buttons use quick disconnects. And while that layout is bad for non-fighting games, the colorful buttons are kinda pretty.

GS.com took down the MvC2 TE stick listing. Wish I had taken a screen capture that it was really up there and for $159.99 pre-order. :p

[quote name='eastx']Is that PS2 to Xbox 360 adapter actually good?

BTW I finally got a TE stick! For $117 shipped from Amazon. Can't wait to put the exclusive custom art on it that I've had ready for months now.

And did you guys know that I developed a way to install an RJ-45 jack inside the TE's cable compartment? It's most useful for people who want their TEs to look like stock sticks and yet work with extra consoles. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7354050&postcount=767[/QUOTE]

What is the point of an RJ-45 jack inside the arcade sticks?

[quote name='sendme']What is the point of an RJ-45 jack inside the arcade sticks?[/QUOTE]

so u can switch between ps2, xbox, and gamecube cables

Uh, I'm pretty sure this is not good. My SFIV TE stick came in Friday, been playing it since. And today, when I move left to the stick, it makes a slight squeaking noise. Anyone knows what's wrong with it?

Damn thats not bad. You should look locally for some used sticks, I picked up an SE for 30 from a guy here and fully modded it to make it work again, since the stick had issues and 2 buttons didnt work. Well worth the price.

[quote name='gunm']Ooo, I want this. It looks like a HRAP EX, but maybe MM can confirm?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3jhb.html[/QUOTE]
Being a licensed stick, it's not -really- a HRAP (true HRAPs are never attached to a game license). I believe it was confirmed the stick uses an LS-32 (I want to say Famitsu was the source but I can't recall at the moment) but there was no word on the buttons, so they're probably generic Hori. Also no word on whether or not the buttons are on quick disconnects or soldered to a PCB.

[quote name='StarCreator'] Also no word on whether or not the buttons are on quick disconnects or soldered to a PCB.
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Pardon the newb, but what difference does that make. Modding your own buttons in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back