CAG Cemetery, may you rest in peace

One can say that DragonLordFrodo had a near-death experience but he woke up on the slab before he was buried in the CAG cementary.

DealMasterX

I think he was the first person to be banned from CAG and I think it was because he signed up for EBGames.com's affilliate program under CAG (as if he was the owner of CAG)

[quote name='Scorch']I can't believe we've went this far in the thread without mentioning DDF (DenisDFat)[/QUOTE]
He just left and now annoys the people over at 1up.

I'm glad electrictroy is gone, as he supposedly had some archive of posts that he'd post here at least just once.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']From the Michelle Kwan boards:

[quote name='electrictroy']
What do you have in common with Michelle???
I like to smile.[/quote]

[/quote]

:dunce:

In that case, we're all like famous people, :rofl:.

do you get a warning or anything before being banned? i doubt i'm anywhere near being banned...i have my asshole moments, but so do most of the people here. i know there are some posters here that make things personal and take this board too seriously...it's just a fun place to chat and stuff.

just curious about what exactly it takes to get banned and if there is normally a warning.

[quote name='darkmere']do you get a warning or anything before being banned? i doubt i'm anywhere near being banned...i have my asshole moments, but so do most of the people here. i know there are some posters here that make things personal and take this board too seriously...it's just a fun place to chat and stuff.

just curious about what exactly it takes to get banned and if there is normally a warning.[/QUOTE]
All you need to do is ask to get banned, it's not that hard. You don't get a warning, you just can't log in for however long you're banned.

yeah...i'm not looking to get banned. i just didn't know if the mods warn you if you're being an asshole and tell you to change your routine or if it's just done. i think i joined the board in the final days of dlf and i remember people constantly complaining about him and stuff...you'd think someone would take a hint. i don't see too many people like that lately. i found zenithian's outburst kinda amusing actually...i was shocked about his ban more than anything (even if it was just temporary.) guess it was more like a trip to a drunk tank than a ban.

DLF is the first name I think of when I think of banned people, even if he was eventually unbanned.

I got banned from AOL years ago over ridiculous things that people say all the time here. Though their bans were never permanent.

[quote name='darkmere']do you get a warning or anything before being banned? i doubt i'm anywhere near being banned...i have my asshole moments, but so do most of the people here. i know there are some posters here that make things personal and take this board too seriously...it's just a fun place to chat and stuff.

just curious about what exactly it takes to get banned and if there is normally a warning.[/QUOTE]

People generally know when they've done something ban worthy, so there's really no need to warn people most of the time. They typically get the hint when they get a short ban (or if they don't, those are the ones that progress to the permanent ban).

[quote name='darkmere']yeah...i'm not looking to get banned. i just didn't know if the mods warn you if you're being an asshole and tell you to change your routine or if it's just done. i think i joined the board in the final days of dlf and i remember people constantly complaining about him and stuff...you'd think someone would take a hint. i don't see too many people like that lately. i found zenithian's outburst kinda amusing actually...i was shocked about his ban more than anything (even if it was just temporary.) guess it was more like a trip to a drunk tank than a ban.[/quote]

The best thing is to not be an asshole to start with. There are a few clowns here who think it's funny to stir shit up all the time, but overall things are still decent here and that seems to have died down some. I know who's full of shit on CAG and who isn't and that's enough for me.

ZL's situation was weird because I never saw it coming. He always seemed cool to me. I remember he had a bit of a rough spot he was going through a while back and all the good guys on the wrestling board all wished him the best and hoped things worked out. All I can say is whatever is bothering him I hope it gets worked out.

*cough* 8-[ *cough*

:lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The best thing is to not be an asshole to start with. There are a few clowns here who think it's funny to stir shit up all the time, but overall things are still decent here and that seems to have died down some. I know who's full of shit on CAG and who isn't and that's enough for me.
[/quote]

DDF wasn't banned because he didn't do anything wrong. The only thing he was really 'guilty' of was being annoying/unconventional. He didn't make posts about his crystalizing semen, make racially motivated comments against admins, or otherwise violate the TOS. All he really did was say things sucked because everyone would say they were cool because everyone else did. IE, Zelda. I miss him, he was funny. Yet he was in no way banned.
[quote name='darkmere']yeah...i'm not looking to get banned. i just didn't know if the mods warn you if you're being an asshole and tell you to change your routine or if it's just done. i think i joined the board in the final days of dlf and i remember people constantly complaining about him and stuff...you'd think someone would take a hint. i don't see too many people like that lately. i found zenithian's outburst kinda amusing actually...i was shocked about his ban more than anything (even if it was just temporary.) guess it was more like a trip to a drunk tank than a ban.[/quote]

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Kayden, you are alright IMO. That avatar would atone for anything you may have ever done. It's that damn good. :D[/quote]

:mrgreen: I made a version that cycles a rainbow of colors, but the smallest I could get it was 12kb. =( New avatar limit makes me a sad flamer. :cry:

[quote name='Kayden']:mrgreen: I made a version that cycles a rainbow of colors, but the smallest I could get it was 12kb. =( New avatar limit makes me a sad flamer. :cry:[/quote]

Man, I didn't even know there was a new limit. When did that happen?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, I didn't even know there was a new limit. When did that happen?[/quote]
I don't know when it happened, but the new limit is 9.8kb instead of the former 20kb.

I've got this one down to 10.2, but the colors are pixelating.

muncherc4pa.gif

Damnit... I got it down to 9.8, but "Your file of 9.8 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 9.8 KB for this filetype."

[quote name='Kayden']I don't know when it happened, but the new limit is 9.8kb instead of the former 20kb.

I've got this one down to 10.2, but the colors are pixelating.

muncherc4pa.gif

Damnit... I got it down to 9.8, but "Your file of 9.8 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 9.8 KB for this filetype."[/QUOTE]

I am both glad and angry that you've got the rainbow one working now... glad becuase it's cool. Angry becuase now I'm gonna waste an untold amount of time just staring at it. :bouncy:

To those of you complaining about DDF: shut up. You people drove a good man out of this place. You were all too simple to comprehend his manic genius. And now he's gone, and I'll never forgive you for it. Never.

I'd also like to throw a shout-out to Bobbin for cleaning up his act and returning under the edifice of one of my favorite actors.

[quote name='Ledhed']To those of you complaining about DDF: shut up. You people drove a good man out of this place. You were all too simple to comprehend his manic genius. And now he's gone, and I'll never forgive you for it. Never.

I'd also like to throw a shout-out to Bobbin for cleaning up his act and returning under the edifice of one of my favorite actors.[/quote]

That nigger would go to his public library and post about how FFVII sucks on CAG just to get a rise out of everyone. Nobody ever seemed to realize that though.

I'll agree about Bobbin, except for the whole annoying as hell thinking he's William H. Macy thing.

[quote name='Trakan']That nigger would go to his public library and post about how FFVII sucks on CAG just to get a rise out of everyone. Nobody ever seemed to realize that though.

I'll agree about Bobbin, except for the whole annoying as hell thinking he's William H. Macy thing.[/quote]

He IS William H. Macy!! :whistle2:x

[quote name='Trakan']He would go to his public library and post about how FFVII sucks on CAG just to get a rise out of everyone. Nobody ever seemed to realize that though.

I'll agree about Bobbin, except for the whole annoying as hell thinking he's William H. Macy thing.[/quote]

I think everyone knew that. Still he was disruptive. Thank God for vBulletin so people could ignore him. Thank God for Defender in the assist in getting him to leave. He was a troll and contributed very little to the site. I have no problem with humor. If he had done it a few times that would have been one thing. He did that crap for at least an entire calendar year.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I am both glad and angry that you've got the rainbow one working now... glad becuase it's cool. Angry becuase now I'm gonna waste an untold amount of time just staring at it. :bouncy:[/quote]

I'm tempted to listen to Kermit the Frog sing Rainbow Connection while looking at it. :lol:

[quote name='Brak']I thought U2K was the shit. His posts were right up there with slidecage's.

I loved his postive reviews of $1.99 Circuit City dogshit bin titles. He'd play the worst of the worst.[/QUOTE]

I also miss U2K. His threads were always good for a laugh.

[quote name='Brak']I thought U2K was the shit. His posts were right up there with slidecage's.

I loved his postive reviews of $1.99 Circuit City dogshit bin titles. He'd play the worst of the worst.[/QUOTE]

If it weren't for him, I'd never know the true greatness of Rogue Ops :lol:

Kayden with the rainbow number muncher!!!! oh, how I loved to play number muncher in elementary. the feeling of nostalgia has taken over. thanks for the nosalgia trip dude.

I just remembered someone .. wasnt BostonFrontier banned for being an idiot? I remember he/she had that stupid Evanescence avatar and tried to cause a ruckus in every thread.

[quote name='Ledhed']To those of you complaining about DDF: shut up. You people drove a good man out of this place. You were all too simple to comprehend his manic genius. And now he's gone, and I'll never forgive you for it. Never.[/quote]

Oh horseshit. He was a troll. If he had any uniqueness, it was that he succeeded at being a troll by saying so very little. Unlike electrictroy, who would start the very same thread eleven times, often within half a minute of the last one being closed by Shrike, DDF could do a lot with very little.

I also think that his story about the magazine rack is a complete and total fabrication.

He contributed nothing, unless you were entertained by the idea of people getting up in arms about someone saying some extremely popular franchise sucked. If so, I'm sure that you'd be entertained by "Baby Einstein" videos as well.

I'd also like to throw a shout-out to Bobbin for cleaning up his act and returning under the edifice of one of my favorite actors.

Cleaned up!?! Yow, what was that annoying sumbitch like before he found this awful gimmick?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
I'm tempted to listen to Kermit the Frog sing Rainbow Connection while looking at it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

OK, I know my boyfriend has a copy of that somewhere... :bouncy:

[quote name='Maklershed']I just remembered someone .. wasnt BostonFrontier banned for being an idiot? I remember he/she had that stupid Evanescence avatar and tried to cause a ruckus in every thread.[/quote]

No.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74173

BF just lurks now.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']...

OK, I know my boyfriend has a copy of that somewhere... :bouncy:[/quote]

I found a midi version online. Not as good as the actaul song with Kermit singing, but it will suffice. :)

I think we all need to write an apologetic note to DDF, begging him to come back.

[quote name='Apossum']I think we all need to write an apologetic note to DDF, begging him to come back.[/quote]

Dear DDF

One word review of CAG with you.

Sucks.

Sincerely,

The cool people.

:lol:

I say we give all the banned members one thread they can post in.

It would be almost a Royal Rumble of CAG fugups, and it would be glorious. Oh, so glorius.

[quote name='Kayden']Dear DDF

One word review of CAG with you.

Sucks.

Sincerely,

The cool people.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Nice!

don't forget the

:grouphug:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']...

OK, I know my boyfriend has a copy of that somewhere... :bouncy:[/quote]

Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see?
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

All of us under its spell,
We know that it's probably magic...

... Have you been half asleep? And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
... Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
I think they're one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm s'posed to be...
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

I doubt anyone is actually surprised that I would be the first one to post the lyrics.

I'd have to say that Kenny Login's version is pretty good, though, Kermit's rendition must be considered the penultimate.

[quote name='Scorch']I can't believe we've went this far in the thread without mentioning DDF (DenisDFat)[/quote]

Thing is he's all over 1up.com now...DenisDuckFat. He's an A$$!

DDF also used to post at GAF. The "magazine rack" story is legend there, too. I've been on a few gaming forums where U2K has been banned. There was a guy named "Chris" (can't remember his CAG name) who was banned for pretending to have been scammed.

[quote name='adamsappel']DDF also used to post at GAF. The "magazine rack" story is legend there, too. I've been on a few gaming forums where U2K has been banned. There was a guy named "Chris" (can't remember his CAG name) who was banned for pretending to have been scammed.[/QUOTE]

Links?

ChrisInCali?

The buff, self important jerkoff?

[quote name='adamsappel']DDF also used to post at GAF. The "magazine rack" story is legend there, too. I've been on a few gaming forums where U2K has been banned. There was a guy named "Chris" (can't remember his CAG name) who was banned for pretending to have been scammed.[/quote]

bread's done
Back