CAG Fighter Thread XXXIX - Fighters Reborn 08 Ultimate Match

LOL joe at your dream! lolol... that's crazy. We have a special 'training' regimen for that kind of stuff, but not that harsh! hahaha...

I played some VF5 and SF2HF online earlier. I had some good matches in VF5, and faced Rodimus's Zangief in SF2HF. He beat me pretty soundly, but I did beat him once with Blanka. :cool:

I'm going to build my 360 stick very soon. I'm tired of the broke ass 360 pad. I'll just have to figure out how I'm going to connect a headset to it. I could desolder the connector and run some wires to it. The stick is going to be wireless and smaller than my big monster custom, so it will fit in my lap.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I played some VF5 and SF2HF online earlier. I had some good matches in VF5, and faced Rodimus's Zangief in SF2HF. He beat me pretty soundly, but I did beat him once with Blanka. :cool:[/quote]

GG on Street Fighter. I think you also beat me with Sagat but I was using Guile. Sorry, all I use is Zangief, hope that didn't annoy you too much.

But about Bulletwitch I picked it up at CC's clearance sale a few months ago for $8. My first time playing it was last night. It's okay, I was so bored last night I decided to give it a shot. I'm not a big fan of the genre but if you could find one for $15 I'd say go for it. It seems very short.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']GG on Street Fighter. I think you also beat me with Sagat but I was using Guile. Sorry, all I use is Zangief, hope that didn't annoy you too much.

But about Bulletwitch I picked it up at CC's clearance sale a few months ago for $8. My first time playing it was last night. It's okay, I was so bored last night I decided to give it a shot. I'm not a big fan of the genre but if you could find one for $15 I'd say go for it. It seems very short.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mind you playing as The 'Gief, because you don't cheat like the AI. It does some dirty cheating shit like if you jump in, it starts blocking before you even attack, which isn't possible, and instant SPDs from sweep range. I had some fun matches, and yeah, I beat your Guile with Sagat, but it was extremely close.

I asked you about BW because you're the only friend I have that has played it, I think. I know Play magazine liked it, but a game has to be a borderline hate crime for Play to not like it.

I'm going to build my 360 stick next week for sure. I'm about to order the parts from Lizard Lick. I'll have some pics of it, so you guys can see my ghetto construction. ;)

So.. I just heard King of Fighters XII is 100% completely hand drawn and that there is zero cell shading in it.
"We knew it was going to be hard going in," says Kukino. "But we wanted to make the ultimate 2D fighting game." Up close, that meticulous attention to detail becomes apparent, and you're always noticing a flourish here or a nice touch there. Every inch of the screen has something interesting going on. "We wanted the look of the game to have more in common with manga or anime,"
Just wow is all I can say. Got this from Kotaku.

God, KOF XII sounds better and better every day. Now just give me a screenshot of K' and let me flip out for a while.

Man, I can't even imagine how awesome KOF XII would be online. Seriously... who wouldn't want to play that like all damn day.

[quote name='heavyd853']A person with no hands, but even that's stretching it.[/QUOTE]

You ever seen people with no hands using a stick to type on a keyboard? Well, they actually do that.

And they will do that to play KOF XII. MAXIMAL AUDIENCE.

Love the way it looks, but I've never been hooked to KoF. Will this be the one? Will Apossum finally fall in love with SNK?
probably not.

KoF XII is gonna be tits, but my hype wagon still goes to Street Fighter because well... it's Street Fighter 4. I really hope it stops looking like a reskinned SF2 though.

Also, I just finished watching King of Kong. That movie was badass. Ever go to a Rickey's, Rodimus?

Evening bitches. Got Street Fighter Anniversary Collection from Goozex and it reminded me how great fighting games are.......Disgaea nearly had me sucked in forever.

I remember TMNT:TF being kinda fun on the SNES, but I didn't really hear anything about it for the NES. I can only assume that there were no really "positive" responses, though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']are there any good NES fighters? I hear of a robot fighting game with the word "joy" in it?[/QUOTE]hitboxes are slightly off, but otherwise I'd say it's a pretty solid port: ;)

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PP9iwvBDhbA[/media]

I don't know of any straight fighters on the NES. And from what I remember about TMNT tournament fighters, is that it was terrible.

[quote name='MarkMan']TMNT Tournament Fighters[/QUOTE]

I wasn't into the NES version of that game, but the SNES one....that's another story.

Recently I almost dropped the dough on a SNES so that I could play TMNT and Ranma 1/2 again :)

[quote name='asianxcore']I wasn't into the NES version of that game, but the SNES one....that's another story.

Recently I almost dropped the dough on a SNES so that I could play TMNT and Ranma 1/2 again :)[/quote]

I did that a few weeks ago (to get TMNT IV and Megaman X) and I haven't regretted it. Though, I got the games for pretty cheap and the SNES was paid for in store credit. I'm still hunting down a copy of SFA2 on the system though.

[quote name='SL4IN']I did that a few weeks ago (to get TMNT IV and Megaman X) and I haven't regretted it. Though, I got the games for pretty cheap and the SNES was paid for in store credit. I'm still hunting down a copy of SFA2 on the system though.[/QUOTE]

best part about sfa2 on snes:

"round one, FIGHT!" (loadtimeloadtimeloadtimeloadtime) *actual match begins*

[quote name='SL4IN']I did that a few weeks ago (to get TMNT IV and Megaman X) and I haven't regretted it. Though, I got the games for pretty cheap and the SNES was paid for in store credit. I'm still hunting down a copy of SFA2 on the system though.[/QUOTE]

Should have hit me up about a month ago :(

[quote name='jimfoley16']Should have hit me up about a month ago :([/quote]

Srsly? Man I want it pretty badly. Alpha is my favorite SF series.

Ah well. I have Alpha 3 on psp, which is what I play most on the thing and it'll hold me over.

I ordered the parts for my 360 stick from Lizard Lick. I even got a friendly email in which Chad, owner of Lizard Lick, refunded $2.30 because the shipping was cheaper than estimated. That has earned some repeat business from me in the future. It may be only $2.30, but most businesses would pocket the difference. Thumbs up.

TEKKEN 6 In The USA: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

March 5, 2008

Hardcore Tekken fans all over the USA are all wondering one thing, WHEN. When will Tekken 6 be playable for us? While Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Great Britain, Hong Kong, China and other countries are all enjoying the latest installment of our favorite series… Tekken supporters in the United States(Except Houston, TX) are crying inside for a chance to finally play Tekken 6. For the full story on Tekken 6 coming to the US, click below…

Read the rest of this entry »

Hmm... interesting that there's a Tekken 6 Arcade machine in Houston, which is only about a 30-40 minute drive for me. Spring Break trip to houston next week!

Third EVO title announced...

www.sdtekken.com
www.evo2k.com

So far we have...

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Another game being announced tomorrow at 12 noon.

Only six games total this year.

I think the remaining three will be:

Super Turbo HD
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

If Brawl is going to be at Evo, then I might finally have chance at playing at Evo. Which is saddening, since I'm such poop at all the other games there.
Although I have a feeling that I could get....somewhat good at 3rd Strike if I buckled down.

I'm hoping for War Gods, Dual Heroes, and Fight For Life for EVO 2008. ;)

The only game I'd even have a slim chance at for EVO is VF5, maybe Tekken if I played it like a madman.

Wow *possibly* no CVS2 for EVO 2K8?

I can understand that the games take a little longer because of the format of the game. Dang, I'm always a fan of (any) CVS2 play, including high-level matches.

[quote name='MarkMan']Third EVO title announced...

www.sdtekken.com
www.evo2k.com

So far we have...

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Another game being announced tomorrow at 12 noon.

Only six games total this year.

I think the remaining three will be:

Super Turbo HD
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Super Turbo HD, what happened to that game? vaporware lol?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I heard that they were phasing out CvS2 for Evo, but I still refuse to believe it.[/QUOTE]

That's retarded. CvS2 belongs at EVO.

bread's done
Back