CAG Fighter Thread XXXIX - Fighters Reborn 08 Ultimate Match

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']A large blame on why HD is taking so damn long to finish is because of MS's XBLA size limits... ghey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. Seriously like everyone that owns a 360 these days has a hard drive, it's so lame to limit us because a very small portion of people that probably wouldn't buy the game anyway.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Yeah it is. Seriously like everyone that owns a 360 these days has a hard drive, it's so lame to limit us because a very small portion of people that probably wouldn't buy the game anyway.[/quote]

This. and exactly how gimped of a version will 360 owners get?

[quote name='SL4IN']This. and exactly how gimped of a version will 360 owners get?[/QUOTE]

Most likely the graphical detail will be a bit worse and/or missing assets (background animation mainly) in the 360 version while PS3 version has it all.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Most likely the graphical detail will be a bit worse and/or missing assets (background animation mainly) in the 360 version while PS3 version has it all.[/quote]

That's seriously lame. I'm really looking forward to it, but if the differences are going to be noticeable, then it wouldn't be worth my money.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']A large blame on why HD is taking so damn long to finish is because of MS's XBLA size limits... ghey.[/QUOTE]

...and WAY busy making everything safe on block ;)

hm. I just noticed this after some extensive playing, but why in SFA 3 does Sagat's tiger uppercut chain as a 4/5 hit combo, but in SVC2, it only accounts as 1 hit?

[quote name='MarkMan']Different games have different properties. :)[/quote]

Then I guess it's just me being niave and thinking since they're both done by capcom, they'll have the same combo/chain properties. :D

EDIT: Mr. Beef, there's 3 SNK vs Capcom's.

oh well then I'm completely messed up. I meant, the difference between the tiger uppercut in CVS2 and SFA3.

my mistake XD

How is T. Hawk in SFA3? I assume he has to be better than he is in Super Turbo, mirite? Seeing as I'm part native-american, I have to know. ;)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']How is T. Hawk in SFA3? I assume he has to be better than he is in Super Turbo, mirite? Seeing as I'm part native-american, I have to know. ;)[/quote]

He's good, but I really like SFA 3 for how the combo mechanics work, they just feel different than other street fighters, but the Alpha series is also my favorite SF series.

He plays similar to Zangief, but with more finess/agility with his moves. and not grapple heavy at all compared to zangief. His supre moves however...... are almost exactly like zangief's with the whole 360 turn on the d-pad with a combination of 1 or 2 buttons.

I play T. Hawk well (atleast I think so) but Sagat is really my meat and potatoes.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That's retarded. CvS2 belongs at EVO.[/quote]I'd disagree. the game is pretty boring-no one ever picks any character beyond blanka, sagat. it takes too long to run at evo and I'm sure the staff at srk would love to boot the game. I personally would like to see sf4 replace it but seeing as the game constantly receives the most entrants, second only to 3rd strike, I highly doubt that's going to happen

I dunno...at this point, it would take CvS2 being announced at EVO to make me start training in it again. Which is sad, because I was finally starting to get good with Joe. :cry:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']MM got what I was saying. CvS2 had $$$at and his multi-hit Tiger Uppercut. I didn't know that SvC only gave it one hit.[/QUOTE]Also, I could be remembering wrong, but Alpha 3 technically had both versions of the Tiger Uppercut. I believe it reverted back to the single-hit version if you chose X-ism.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Also, I could be remembering wrong, but Alpha 3 technically had both versions of the Tiger Uppercut. I believe it reverted back to the single-hit version if you chose X-ism.[/quote]

This. I usually play in A-ism, so the tiger uppercut was a multi-hit.

And in CVS2, it's a single hit.

If it was one hit with light punch, that would make sense. I always went all-out with my uppercuts. ;)

Then I learned how to play, and I stopped using him.

Is the tiger uppercut affected by any of the -isms in CvS2? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it like:

C-ism: basically plays like Alpha 3's A-ism
A-ism: plays like Alpha 3's V-ism / Alpha 2 (damn, they made this confusing)
P-ism: plays like Street Fighter III with parries and stuff

aaaand since none of those really equate to a "Super Turbo" mode, you get multi-hitting Tiger Uppercuts no matter what you choose. Is that the right idea?

I've never played CvS2 very seriously, but are any of the -isms shunned / hated / banned in higher-level fighting circles? I was under the impression that V-ism was somewhat broken in Alpha 3, so I was wondering.

Tiger Uppercut is the same in all grooves in CvS2. From what I've seen, A-groove and K-groove are pretty popular, but a lot could've changed from a couple of months ago, when I was paying attention to it.

I'm playing the 'cube version of CVS2, so there's only GC-ism (everything is mapped to the c-stick) and AC-ism. so, I always play AC-ism. and I believe I'm playing C-groove.

In SFA3, I play A-ism.

So we have 3rd Strike (which I've been meaning to play for the longest time), and Brawl (which I've been playing for a while). Seems good to me.

SL41N, get a DC or a PS2, and play CvS2 the way it was meant to be played, please. GC version is just...ugh, with a side of UGH.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']So we have 3rd Strike (which I've been meaning to play for the longest time), and Brawl (which I've been playing for a while). Seems good to me.

SL41N, get a DC or a PS2, and play CvS2 the way it was meant to be played, please. GC version is just...ugh, with a side of UGH.[/quote]

I have a PS2, and there's a copy of CVS2 in at work, I can get it cheap so I just might bite on it then. What platform is it played on at EVO?

[quote name='SL4IN']I have a PS2, and there's a copy of CVS2 in at work, I can get it cheap so I just might bite on it then. What platform is it played on at EVO?[/QUOTE]

PS2

I traded in my PS2 copies of Guilty Gear XX and CvS2 when I got an Xbox... I regret it though, simply because the PS2 is such a readily accessible platform (before you even consider the tourney acceptance).

[quote name='SL4IN']guess that decides what version I should've been practicing on.[/quote]
Fixed. ;)

Oh, but can't you go online with the Box version? Or are the servers dead for that one?

I never got into 3rd strike, mostly because of the completely new characters and I never spent much time with it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Fixed. ;)

Oh, but can't you go online with the Box version? Or are the servers dead for that one?[/QUOTE]Oh it was worth it for online. I'm glad I have the Xbox versions, I just wish I didn't get rid of the PS2 versions.

Hopefully this weekend, I'm going to head to Planet Zero and check out Tekken 6. Also I will get pics from Iphone and place here on CAG.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol:

cuz everyone knows that that takes a few megs of memory ;)[/QUOTE]

....not at the rate they are going

I'm waiting for the journal entry stating that random scrub Shoryu's are safe on....well anything. Randomly throw it out and be safe from any sort of whiff punishment.

As JimFoley knows, Groove selection in CVS2 depends on what character is being played. Each groove has properties, which all characters gain advantages/disadvantages from. You can't play a low-tier character and hope to win against an A-Groove team that is made up of either a PTF Bison or a "Sho-Sho" Sakura.

To answer Busta's question about CVS2, there aren't any Grooves in CVS2 that are shunned or hated by fighting game circles. The only ones that are banned at console tourneys, are the random ass "EX" Grooves (or "Custom Groove") present on the console versions of the game.

Also no offense to anyone here but play fighting games on the platforms with their best conversions.

...and Mr. Beef....Daly City? We gotta play CVS2 sometime :)

[quote name='asianxcore']
Also no offense to anyone here but play fighting games on the platforms with their best conversions.
[/QUOTE]

Tisk tisk, my Asian friend, but shouldn't you be playin' dat Dreamcast version of CVS2 then?

[quote name='SL4IN']so I guess I'm going to dump my GC version of CVS2 to get a ps2 version.[/quote]
You won't regret it as much as I regretted playing EO in the first place.

It still trips me out that to this day there is NO perfect port of Super Street Fighter II TURBO... lol... that's got to be like some kind of record...

We should compile a list of best versions for games on multiple systems/that had multiple versions....

[quote name='MarkMan']It still trips me out that to this day there is NO perfect port of Super Street Fighter II TURBO... lol... that's got to be like some kind of record...

We should compile a list of best versions for games on multiple systems/that had multiple versions....[/QUOTE]

agreed

[quote name='MarkMan']It still trips me out that to this day there is NO perfect port of Super Street Fighter II TURBO... lol... that's got to be like some kind of record...

We should compile a list of best versions for games on multiple systems/that had multiple versions....[/quote]

I agree with this as well.

and EO wasn't that bad Mr. Beef.....

bread's done
Back