CAG Fighting Game Collection Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'm surprised more people don't play Guilty Gear X2 on X-Box live. Everytime I go on nobody's playing. In fact more people are playing SVC Chaos than GG. I'm surprised people play SVC Chaos still, it's an awful game.[/QUOTE]

GGX2 was always super-laggy for me and I usually don't get any lag (even on doa:U, unless the other guy was lagged.)

kinda wish I still had an xbox and live...I completely wreck everyone I play here at school (though I have basic skills in most fighters)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'm surprised more people don't play Guilty Gear X2 on X-Box live. Everytime I go on nobody's playing. In fact more people are playing SVC Chaos than GG. I'm surprised people play SVC Chaos still, it's an awful game.[/quote]I play ggxxr on xbox live all time. Just post a time and I'll play.

I was playing a friend in GG a few days ago and I wasn't getting any lag. But he lives really close to me and we both have a fast connection. But playing GG with lag is the worst, cause it plays so fast. I deal with it on SamShow.

I'd like to play some matches right now but I gotta get to work soon.

Question - How does the point system generally work on X-Box Live? Is it the person that wins first who gets the points or the person that wins last, cause I know if you play someone 50 times, only one match will count, which sucks cause people like to quit as soon as they win.

i think thats only on SamSho

As far as GG, i stopped playing it a while back due to a lack of people on. When it first came out there was a decent amount of people but now its dead

@Rodimus: awsome to see your playin Card Fighters clash... if you want a good fight I can dust off my NGPC for some play ;)

I think everyone can agree that once internet speeds don't really become a problem anymore (ie the era after our kid's births) that fighters will be primarily safe ground online. I expect something like this to happen first in arcades, then home which may bring back life into the arcades.

lol, did anyone even listen or like my radio show?

CFC is a great game, but very broken (i'm sure everybody has 3 yashiro's, 3 akumas and 3 wild ioris in their deck) the 2nd installment weakened these "super cards" and added the reaction cards to the game. I can't wait to see what falcoon's going to do witht the ds version of this series.

oh and rolento, the show is decent, but that computer voice gets old quick. oh and btw I marked out when i heard the parappa the rappa song:D my last gripe with your show is that it had a bit too much techno-style music.

CFC is a great game, but very broken (i'm sure everybody has 3 yashiro's, 3 akumas and 3 wild ioris in their deck) the 2nd installment weakened these "super cards" and added the reaction cards to the game. I can't wait to see what falcoon's going to do witht the ds version of this series.

oh and rolento, the show is decent, but that computer voice gets old quick. oh and btw I marked out when i heard the parappa the rappa song my last gripe with your show is that it had a bit too much techno-style music.

yeah, CFC is very broken, but to buy the updated version here in the US is a bitch... at least I hope the DS version will fix all those gripes. Plus, I hope it's ported to the US and not a Japanese release only. And yes... my main decks have the 3 Yashiro/akuma/wild irori combo... it's an easy win. I also mix in some Kyo's and people with abilitys that do automatic damage to the opponents main HP.

lol I have a stupid reason for the robotic voice... it's cuz I don't own a damn micraphone, so I had to have the computer do allthe speaking for me... sorry for all the techno music, but I tried to mix it up a bit. Probably the show after next will focus on rock. Next time's show (if there will be any) will be strictly epic and soft music from probably ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, GUN, and other random stuff...

I wonder if anyone knows which song is the rumble fish one. :lol:

I'd like a good CFC match. But if we play it'd probably be better to have rules. like createing a deck with no "S" or "A" cards.

After I collect enough cards I'm gonna create a themed deck of villians. I have like 90% of the cards so far. To bad I have the Capcom version, I'd like to get the Geese card.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'd like a good CFC match. But if we play it'd probably be better to have rules. like createing a deck with no "S" or "A" cards.

After I collect enough cards I'm gonna create a themed deck of villians. I have like 90% of the cards so far. To bad I have the Capcom version, I'd like to get the Geese card.[/QUOTE]

Back when NGPC was new my friend and I would play each other in class (yes... good old public school). Luckly he had the SNK version and I had the SNK version... I had a 100% cards till a friend of mine borrowed it and deleted my save by accident. I was kinda pissed, but it gave me an excuse to play through it again (which I enjoyed just as much as the first time).

I would say no cards with HP over 900 or something for a good game...

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Rolento - So you have the SNK version?[/QUOTE]

I wish... I got the same version as you... good ole capcom. At least its got Mech Zangief.

I believe the SNK version has the stronger cards. it's got geese with his 1500 hp goodness, and krauser is the equivalent of mech-zangief, and blue mary can be really annoying with her special power. I'm sure glad I picked up the snk version all those years back.

[quote name='gigan54']I believe the SNK version has the stronger cards. it's got geese with his 1500 hp goodness, and krauser is the equivalent of mech-zangief, and blue mary can be really annoying with her special power. I'm sure glad I picked up the snk version all those years back.[/QUOTE]

Capcom had the equivalant of the geese card: Mech Akuma... hard as hell to get though...

oh and check this out :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLu0cwe4jao

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Capcom had the equivalant of the geese card: Mech Akuma... hard as hell to get though...

oh and check this out :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLu0cwe4jao[/QUOTE]

yeah they both had mech-akuma though, but you had to trade with someone in order to get him, which sucked since i'm probably the only person in my area that played it. and it was hella easy to get multiple geese cards as well. good ole' mask! I've probably beaten that guy well over 100 times.

[quote name='gigan54']yeah they both had mech-akuma though, but you had to trade with someone in order to get him, which sucked since i'm probably the only person in my area that played it. and it was hella easy to get multiple geese cards as well. good ole' mask! I've probably beaten that guy well over 100 times.[/QUOTE]

same here... I don't know how many times I've beaten that guy... geeze... i need to go back and play that now...

I wish I had the SNK version, but I really didn't have a choice. The only thing that makes Mech Zangief an "S" card is that he can get back-up from normal Zangeif to make him just as powerful as Geese, also he's got +5 SP. I think Geese has 0 +SP.

I'd like to make a nice Back-Up deck that has a ton of back-up characters. I know the KOF Ikari team is pretty much back up each other, and an annoying deck that focuses on discarding enemy cards. Cards like Andy and Sagat are perfect for that.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I wish I had the SNK version, but I really didn't have a choice. The only thing that makes Mech Zangief an "S" card is that he can get back-up from normal Zangeif to make him just as powerful as Geese, also he's got +5 SP. I think Geese has 0 +SP.

I'd like to make a nice Back-Up deck that has a ton of back-up characters. I know the KOF Ikari team is pretty much back up each other, and an annoying deck that focuses on discarding enemy cards. Cards like Andy and Sagat are perfect for that.[/QUOTE]

I think one of my decks is totally a backup deck... it was a pain in the ass to have the most compatability between backing up cards, but I got it done. I think I even made a deck that focused on constantly clearing the playfield every turn romoving both sides of characters. Pointless, but fun.

Does anyone here make custom arcade sticks for the PS2? Or do you have any that you'd like to sell? I've been looking to get one for awhile...

Ahh the famous Raijin Aoki combo vid from Tekken 4... when that was first released a few years back everyone went nuts...! Damn time flies.

y2kenjination: Check shoryuken.com 's Tech Talk forum for custom arcade stick info.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Wacky Project Justice goodness on youtube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ot9D-eCUmg&search=project%20justice (ROFL)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ivZpQ4KBvXE&search=project%20justice (Some finishers, kinda dark at times though)[/QUOTE]

that first tag never made any sense to me in Project Justice, but it was the best humiliation move to finish off apponents with... most people I've played against go crazy when they get killed by that. Ah... need to go back and play it some more.

here's the brokeness of Rival schools... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6871354481480287654&q=rival+schools

also, I can't the video, but there use to be a combo vid of Project Justice Glitch Combos... this one has I think one where you can stand in the air as well as infinites:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8926422650736874750&q=rival+schools

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that first tag never made any sense to me in Project Justice, but it was the best humiliation move to finish off apponents with... most people I've played against go crazy when they get killed by that. Ah... need to go back and play it some more.

here's the brokeness of Rival schools... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6871354481480287654&q=rival+schools

also, I can't the video, but there use to be a combo vid of Project Justice Glitch Combos... this one has I think one where you can stand in the air as well as infinites:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8926422650736874750&q=rival+schools[/quote]

Cool stuff! Thanks!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that first tag never made any sense to me in Project Justice, but it was the best humiliation move to finish off apponents with... most people I've played against go crazy when they get killed by that. Ah... need to go back and play it some more.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8926422650736874750&q=rival+schools[/quote]

Nice. I like seeing high-level fights and combo vids of underappreciated fighters.

Yeah, I just saw a match video of Shin vs Taki (linked today at GFB), and all I said was "damn, that game got screwed." I remember when people were saying "that Shin guy can combo into so many star-removing moves" and now it's like "hey, I'm Toki and I'll just take away 3/4 of your life bar with one combo."

But that's my view based on one recent video and a few videos when the game was first released.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Nice. I like seeing high-level fights and combo vids of underappreciated fighters.[/QUOTE]

highly agreed... so here's some amazing MK combos/gltiches!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WxALDbVG3NY

also... whatever happened to the Tobal series? did the team get absorbed by namco? (ie. markman will probably have the best answer).

[quote name='BustaUppa']Check the credits at the end of that video... the "Shock" who performed most of those combos is the same "Shock" I was playing against in some of those 8 On The Break match videos (found HERE and HERE)![/QUOTE]

oh nice! tell him I give both you and him props for the skill :)

Tagged.

How is everyone liking Tekken: Dark Resurrection so far? I'm driving an hour and a half to play it tomorrow, hope it's worth it.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Tagged.

How is everyone liking Tekken: Dark Resurrection so far? I'm driving an hour and a half to play it tomorrow, hope it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

it's nowhere near me, but if I found a cabinet I wouldn't be off of it till I can't breath.

it's official: I suck at SNK fighting games.

anyone here good with Vanessa in KOF '01? there's this combo in a faq at GF that I can't get to work-- C, f+p, (dragon punch) + Any Punch.

that last DP+any punch move doesn't come out, since the guy is knocked down by the f+p :whistle2:? weird.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Tagged.

How is everyone liking Tekken: Dark Resurrection so far? I'm driving an hour and a half to play it tomorrow, hope it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Loving it. By far the most balanced Tekken game yet.

[quote name='Apossum']it's official: I suck at SNK fighting games.

anyone here good with Vanessa in KOF '01? there's this combo in a faq at GF that I can't get to work-- C, f+p, (dragon punch) + Any Punch.

that last DP+any punch move doesn't come out, since the guy is knocked down by the f+p :whistle2:? weird.[/QUOTE]

you have to do it wbefore the second punch from the forward +A comes out. if you're too slow, vanessa will just knock them down.the hard part will be pulling off a super from this setup. if you're just learning vanessa, stick with the close standing C to set up some combos

I had forgotten how awesome Tekken 5 was, just in general. I love being Asuka, solely cause she's the one character where I can seriously create 10+ hit combos that aren't in the command list...

[quote name='karsh']I had forgotten how awesome Tekken 5 was, just in general. I love being Asuka, solely cause she's the one character where I can seriously create 10+ hit combos that aren't in the command list...[/QUOTE]

Asuka always felt too awkward for me, but then again I primarily play power characters. So I guess that explains it...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Asuka always felt too awkward for me, but then again I primarily play power characters. So I guess that explains it...[/quote]

Yeah, I can definitely see how Asuka could feel awkward to people. I dunno. I just found an insane combo that you can do infinitely if you can pull it off. It's the fact that her down-back+right kick sweep that you can do three times can go immediately into her square+circle (I guess that's right kick+left punch?) move which can, through triangle, square, square, circle, be brought back into the sweeping kick from before. I absolutely raped some of the computer opponents in Arcade mode with it, including a 2nd Dan (when I was only an 8th Kyu).

[quote name='karsh']Yeah, I can definitely see how Asuka could feel awkward to people. I dunno. I just found an insane combo that you can do infinitely if you can pull it off. It's the fact that her down-back+right kick sweep that you can do three times can go immediately into her square+circle (I guess that's right kick+left punch?) move which can, through triangle, square, square, circle, be brought back into the sweeping kick from before. I absolutely raped some of the computer opponents in Arcade mode with it, including a 2nd Dan (when I was only an 8th Kyu).[/QUOTE]

if you want infinites, steve is the way to go, but asuka has some decent mix ups. The one I see the most primarily is her multiple sweeps to spinning kick jumps... it does great damage, but after a while is too pradictable IMHO. It is probably the easiest move for me to low parry since I see it so much.

[quote name='MarkMan']Asuka's strings are way too predictable and against good players gaurantee her death. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah Asuka's strings are trash, although I hear she is close to top tier in Dark Resurrection.

The truth?

She's mid tier at best, she's not top tier. Asuka is still Asuka it's just her opposition has been tweaked. Some good things Asuka has now is that she has a 10 frame punisher. She's still easily sidewalked/sidestepped.

[quote name='MarkMan']She's mid tier at best, she's not top tier. Asuka is still Asuka it's just her opposition has been tweaked. Some good things Asuka has now is that she has a 10 frame punisher. She's still easily sidewalked/sidestepped.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, for a character like her, she seems to play slower than alot of other characters. It's more about getting people to come into your combos and then taking advantage of the time they're still in your proximity being hit. She dosn't have a good poke IMHO thus she kinda relies on counters or just alot of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back