CAG Forza Motor Club: ITS ALIVE!!!

Yeah, most of the races I've been in with other CAGs have been fun, though there seems to be far too many of the oval races. BTW, when you have these CAGs only meet ups, are the games private? I've seen some games with a few people, tried to join and it returned me to the Friends List. I tried getting back into a game with azn, Stealthy, and JimmieMac, but couldn't.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, most of the races I've been in with other CAGs have been fun, though there seems to be far too many of the oval races. BTW, when you have these CAGs only meet ups, are the games private? I've seen some games with a few people, tried to join and it returned me to the Friends List. I tried getting back into a game with azn, Stealthy, and JimmieMac, but couldn't.[/QUOTE]

I dunno it does the same thing for me when those three are in the room.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Generally we just try to all be around so we can hookup in races without a lot of kids/BSers. Im hoping Sat night we can get some action going. Ill set up some rooms/races with more friendly terms (no crashes,etc) just so everybody can get involved. We'll just play it by ear and see what everybody wants to do.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to play some Forza with you guys, but this weekend is no good for me.

I have to attend a wedding in Maggie Valley and we're leaving early Friday morning.

I do have SamuraiFez and Ozzkev55 on my Friends list now though, so I should be able to get in on the action in not so distant future. I need to practice anyways...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, most of the races I've been in with other CAGs have been fun, though there seems to be far too many of the oval races. BTW, when you have these CAGs only meet ups, are the games private? I've seen some games with a few people, tried to join and it returned me to the Friends List. I tried getting back into a game with azn, Stealthy, and JimmieMac, but couldn't.[/QUOTE]

They kinda farked up the private setups. You can make a game friends only yet regular people slip in without trouble. A bit annoying.

You getting booted may have been the maximum player # was reached but it was slow to report. That or Jimmy hates you and insta-booted you :p

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hey supa do u have a mic???[/QUOTE]
No I do not. Just no need for one until now it seems.

[quote name='CheapyD']You hook a cheap ass up with an invite, will ya (gamertag = CheapyD)?[/QUOTE]

Will do.

For all NON THIS SITE OWNERS :p, just add me to your Friends list (supadupacheap78) I dont check these threads constantly so you may miss out on an event (which neither you nor I want)

Mike

Thats happened to me a few times, also. But, when I try again it lets me in.

[quote name='-BigC-']set up a date

I WANT MY ENZO DAMN U

Anyone hit level 48 yet?It seems ridiculously high right now[/QUOTE]
I'm at 36 now and the gap from that and 35 was nearly 300,000 Credits. Lots of endurance races for me.

Panzer Four and I were putting up a pretty good showing for our club against another club. I gotta say though, it was nice to hear those guys calling out where they were in turns or passing so they don't cause as much damage.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'm at 36 now and the gap from that and 35 was nearly 300,000 Credits. Lots of endurance races for me.

Panzer Four and I were putting up a pretty good showing for our club against another club. I gotta say though, it was nice to hear those guys calling out where they were in turns or passing so they don't cause as much damage.[/QUOTE]
Alright since my parents are out for the day, i might just have to get this going again

[quote name='-BigC-']set up a date

I WANT MY ENZO DAMN U

Anyone hit level 48 yet?It seems ridiculously high right now[/QUOTE]

What is the deal with the enzo? Really. Yeah, its one of the better cars but it is wholey undrivable by 95% of the cheap cheating mofos that have it.

Yeah, having to wait sucks but theres a reason why you have to wait... the car is a beast. My thrill comes from not owning a car (any fool can) but driving it well.

I also think the Enzo isnt a very "fun" drive either. People hype the damn thing way too much.

**Id also like to remind everybody begging for one that whoever sells it to you is LOSING money, no matter what Region they are. Need to find a really decent soul willing to LOSE credits to give you a car he worked his tail off to get**

[quote name='supadupacheap']What is the deal with the enzo? Really. Yeah, its one of the better cars but it is wholey undrivable by 95% of the cheap cheating mofos that have it.

Yeah, having to wait sucks but theres a reason why you have to wait... the car is a beast. My thrill comes from not owning a car (any fool can) but driving it well.

I also think the Enzo isnt a very "fun" drive either. People hype the damn thing way too much.

**Id also like to remind everybody begging for one that whoever sells it to you is LOSING money, no matter what Region they are. Need to find a really decent soul willing to LOSE credits to give you a car he worked his tail off to get**[/QUOTE]

wait...so you can't offer more money than the system allows or something?

oh yea i just got the game

i'll add you to the FR and ask for an invite (try not to have a full FR please ;))...gonna take a while to get up to the ranks with you guys, but i'll get there eventually since summer break is almost here :)

[quote name='swetooth9']wait...so you can't offer more money than the system allows or something?

oh yea i just got the game

i'll add you to the FR and ask for an invite (try not to have a full FR please ;))...gonna take a while to get up to the ranks with you guys, but i'll get there eventually since summer break is almost here :)[/QUOTE]

Prices are set by the system. No adjustment possible.

[quote name='coltcannon']GT:ColtCannon
AIM:coitcannon[/QUOTE]
you gotta send a friend request to supa

I want the enzo not because its great but because I like the car.I dont spend money on cars just because there fast.I prefer non racing specified cars.High end cars u wont see on the street but maybe once in yer life if u live in LA or NY or somethen.I aint into the Formula 1 racing cars or the GT cars.GT cars are cool they handle great but id wait and earn those.

Also I aint played online yet this weekend ima post what time ima be on and if anyone wants to game.I aint good at all

As for the meetups (if and when they happen), would everyone be willing to do races in stock cars? At least a few of those types of races. I only started diving into the races with the stock car specifications and it makes for some of the best racing in the game thus far. It wasn't even the higher classed cars. Even the C and B races were quite fun.

Stock Ferrari 355 Challenge races are quite a bit of fun as well. Though I think races with the fleets of CAG RSXs would be fun.

Can I get an invite, Mike? I own the game now. I haven't gotten to play much since Tuesday, though, since I've been dead tired due to E3.

I posted about this in the other thread, but I see that you want to make this the "official" thread.

[quote name='Matt Young']Can I get an invite, Mike? I own the game now. I haven't gotten to play much since Tuesday, though, since I've been dead tired due to E3.

I posted about this in the other thread, but I see that you want to make this the "official" thread.[/QUOTE]

Matt, I did invite you as well as hit up the car club invite Not sure whats up. Ill pop back onto live in a few min and see what I can do.

**Edit** You dork. I was correct. Your invite was sent out days ago. You DO need more sleep boy :lol:

Anyway, soon as you accept it, you are in. Welcome aboard. :D

I guess I should also add that if you guys arent getting invites, please AIM or PM me. I feel like Im dishing em out like crazy but a few of you have already said ya got nothing so far. :whistle2:(

I had sent you a friend request but it wasn't accepted or declined. I saw today that it had been accepted. I haven't had much time to play or get online since I was at E3 Wednesday through Friday.

So you guys aren't getting the Car Club invites huh? Odd. I saw at least 5 invites pending in the Car Club list.

BTW everyone, when are we actually going to start doing something with the car club? I know there's meet ups for the Halo clan, but nothing with this one. And most everytime I'm on or check the FL, everyone on there is playing Halo 2. Just wondering.

Just in case any of you don't know, you have to go onto Xbox Live and into the Car Club section to receive and accept the invite. I just accepted mine a short while ago.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So you guys aren't getting the Car Club invites huh? Odd. I saw at least 5 invites pending in the Car Club list.

BTW everyone, when are we actually going to start doing something with the car club? I know there's meet ups for the Halo clan, but nothing with this one. And most everytime I'm on or check the FL, everyone on there is playing Halo 2. Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

should we make it an official "day"?

the only reason i have not played online much is b/c i'm still tryin to play single player :)

also, i go to halo 2 "practice" so, i miss out of forza on those days as well

I was just wondering if there was a point to all of this. I'm not trying to disparage anyone. Aside from being part of the car club, really, what does it do?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So you guys aren't getting the Car Club invites huh? Odd. I saw at least 5 invites pending in the Car Club list.

BTW everyone, when are we actually going to start doing something with the car club? I know there's meet ups for the Halo clan, but nothing with this one. And most everytime I'm on or check the FL, everyone on there is playing Halo 2. Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Its very difficult to compete vs. the Halo Clan. What makes it worse is theres no required meets (like in an NBA or NFL league) All you can do is set a date and time and hope for the dedicated to show.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of CAGers have A.D.D. We are way past the "new game smell" phase of forzas release cycle. Hopefully we'll get some people back and involved but Im not so sure.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I was just wondering if there was a point to all of this. I'm not trying to disparage anyone. Aside from being part of the car club, really, what does it do?[/QUOTE]

For devoted leagues it allows you to race and rank as a group. Also, it helps organizing your friends list with fellow racers. I love CAG but if you want a really devoted hardcore club, try out Forzacentral.com's league They are awesome but just too out of my league for me to really enjoy the racing.

jaket and zewone are playing forza right now, so i think it's just a matter of when is the best time to meet...it's obviously best to schedule a day that doesn't interfere with halo clan days...

maybe thursdays?

I say thursdays or Tuesdays or Saturday

Ima be on later today

Gamertag MrMajicJeff ill send u the friend invite later as well

It's pushing 1 AM on the east coast, so this isn't looking likely. Dammit... I want to show off my hot pink Acura.

I motion that we make Sunday the official CAG Motor Club meet-up day. It'd be great to arrange races on other days of the week, but Sunday is traditionally the "day of rest" where I and most others don't have anything to do most of the time. It'd be great to kick back, chat with some CAGs, and get down to some good old fashioned racin'.

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon about no one showing up.

[quote name='Matt Young']It's pushing 1 AM on the east coast, so this isn't looking likely. Dammit... I want to show off my hot pink Acura.

I motion that we make Sunday the official CAG Motor Club meet-up day. It'd be great to arrange races on other days of the week, but Sunday is traditionally the "day of rest" where I and most others don't have anything to do most of the time. It'd be great to kick back, chat with some CAGs, and get down to some good old fashioned racin'.

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon about no one showing up.[/QUOTE]

pushing 1 am? its only 11 over there

So it's gonna be Sunday evenings? I was hoping for Sunday afternoons maybe. The entertainment room is taken up Sunday nights and I don't have the save on the Xbox in the smaller TV room. Anyone know if I can transfer saves over with a memory card? This might be the first time I actually need one of those.

I'm not limited to Sunday nights. Sunday is the one day of the week that I can almost guarantee availability for most of the day, except for mornings. Mornings are when I sleep away the alcohol poisoning from the previous evening.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So it's gonna be Sunday evenings? I was hoping for Sunday afternoons maybe. The entertainment room is taken up Sunday nights and I don't have the save on the Xbox in the smaller TV room. Anyone know if I can transfer saves over with a memory card? This might be the first time I actually need one of those.[/QUOTE]

Second'ed

No way we can win out over any Halo 2 Clan functions plus Sunday night isnt so hot much after 11pm EST (since many of us do work)

Sunday afternoon seems #1 to me. Thats when a lot of real races happen, seems to make sense to follow that pattern.

I'm going to be destroyed. I switched to first person view and I do all right in Arcade races, but I've maybe done 2 career races and ZERO online races. Hell, all the offline races I've played have been D Class.

Unfortunately, I haven't really had much time to play this or any other Xbox Live games in the last 2 weeks since I've been really busy, and when I'm not, I spend way too much time on the internet (mainly this board).

But hey, if Cheapy is working full time (I assume), keeping up the site, and is still tearing shit up in Forza, while a lot of you other guys work and go to school and still manage to be good, I guess I have no excuses. Damn my undiagnosed ADD for preventing me from dedicating much time to any one game.

bread's done
Back