CAG Forza Motor Club: ITS ALIVE!!!

Just FYI Matt, most everytime people race in the club, it's B-class races. If you need a car, let me know since I've pretty much opened up every car. I've only got about 12 more to unlock in the career mode.

Damn... So what's the difference, other than speed? I've only put a few hours into this game, but I've only done D class since I figured I'd work my way up, clearing the arcade mode in Class D, then C, then B, A, S, and finally, R.

Thanks for the car offer. I'll gladly take you up on it if I need to, but in the meantime, I guess I'd better try out some Class B races.

I so wanted to kick ass in my hot pink Acura. (There's no way to say that without sounding gay.... oh well.)

Not a whole lot, really. Like you said, speed, but handling issues, especially with some of the RWD at higher speeds.

You might want to really get into the Career mode since we play the online career mode meaning we use cars you have in your garage. If you want a hot pink Acura, the Acura NSX competes nicely in the B-class with some mods. I can get you one of those. Just sucks that I can't set the price since I don't really need the money, I'd give it to you at a discount.

what are some of the "top tier" b-level cars? i'm only a level 15 and i dont think it's my "racing skill" that is making me lose games, but rather the car that i use...

any suggestions?

thanks

I'm fond of the Subaru 22B since it handles quite nicely. So does the Acura NSX (not the Honda one or the R-type...haven't tried those yet).

The Subaru is a prize-car you win in the Amateur Cups > Rallisport Face Off.

I'm not really sure what the "top" B-class car is (obviously depending on tuning and parts), but a lot of people seem to drive the Tommy Kaira m20b Impreza.

hmm...i started in the Asian region...i dont have a NSX yet...do you think it will be a "prize"? or do you think i have to just buy it?

i think i might have a 22b though..hmm...

I dunno...the NSX feels heavy to me...I wouldn't say it controls very well, but thats just my opinion. With mods it can compete, but I just find you need to break earlier and more often because it doesn't grip as well and slides off the track.

It can be a little slow into the corners since you have to line it up better w/ RWD, but off the corner, that baby just sticks. Anyway, I'm not much more into winning races online now. I just like going on, trying different cars and that sort of thing. It's amazing how much I enjoy the game even without having the feeling of needing to win.

supa--I finally saw the Forza trailer with your 350Z track in it. Unless it's some super-special unlockable, it doesn't look as though as it's in the game (if that isn't already a surprise). I've been at level 50 and I've only got 10 cars to unlock and none of them are that car.

I thought it may have been a user-made car. The parts are there. The side-skirts, spoiler (can't tell what the front nose looks like in the pic you posted), are in the game as the Nismo parts, but the rear bumper in that pic is actually the Stillen one.

I tried making it tonight, but it doesn't look quite right. The basic design I can do, but the letters weren't for a variety of reasons (referencing the pic you posted):

1) There's no white "Brembo" race sticker. It only comes in red and can't be changed.
2) The HGS (or whatever that company name is) that appears on the sideskirt isn't the same logo. It's the same company, but in red and black.
3) There isn't a single "Nismo" sticker shockingly. I haven't looked, but I don't think there's a Mugen either for the Hondas. Maybe I'm wrong, but there certainly isn't a "Nismo" one.

I certainly hope the first downloadable content has more decal options. An easier way to input text would be great. And I want a Realtime TSX please.

[quote name='swetooth9']hmm...i started in the Asian region...i dont have a NSX yet...do you think it will be a "prize"? or do you think i have to just buy it?

i think i might have a 22b though..hmm...[/QUOTE]
You'll definetely have to buy an NSX starting from the Asian region. The only prize NSX is the Realtime Racing NSX and that's in the NSX Event in the Championship series. The only way to enter that is with a stock NSX. Some people recommend tuning the Honda NSX-R, but I did just fine with the newer Acura NSX (not sure of the model year, there's two).

You should have a 22b by now or pretty soon. That one is a prize car that I stated in a race event.

I have a 1973 Porsche 911 that I upgraded to S1 as the opponents in this race are super fast.

The problem is, the car seems to have overly sensitive steering...how can I fix this?

Even though the race is only about 2 1/2 minutes, I can't keep the car on the road long enough to win. Any ideas?

[quote name='CheapyD']I have a 1973 Porsche 911 that I upgraded to S1 as the opponents in this race are super fast.

The problem is, the car seems to have overly sensitive steering...how can I fix this?

Even though the race is only about 2 1/2 minutes, I can't keep the car on the road long enough to win. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

That was my first race that gave me alot of trouble. At first my car was too responsive and I noticed it was way to light. I took off weight reductions and if it was possible I increased downforce. It was one of the hardest races I ever did so far.

Was that the one on the Nurburgring? Not a big fan of the early Porsches since they're really jittery on turns.

You could try softening the anti-roll bar settings on the rear or raising your tire pressures. IIRC, I didn't really mess with the car settings early on and just did lots of blocking on that long straight in the race. Once you get into the twisties, just hold the inside and they have nowhere to go.

I'd suggest the tire pressure settings first. Going up maybe 4psi on the fronts and leaving the back at default.

[quote name='CheapyD']Thanks for the tips, guys. I was able to win the races and reach level 25.
Woot![/QUOTE]
That's halfway to my level 50.:booty:

Cheapy's starting to kick some ass online.

Does anyone else play pretty much in B-Class all the time? Im sick of these guys that Pick the Tommy Kaira Subaru and slam into you at every turn.

The Subarau 22B and the Skyline (forgot wich one) are the best cars I have for this class.
One guy I played with had some Civic hatchback that was owning everyone. Pretty amazing.

Yeah, there are a few idiots out there. For some reason though when CAGs hit me, it's funny. I'm talking to you Asian Kid. Damn you and your Evo.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, there are a few idiots out there. For some reason though when CAGs hit me, it's funny. I'm talking to you Asian Kid. Damn you and your Evo.[/QUOTE]

:razz: you dont need a spoiler, haha

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, there are a few idiots out there. For some reason though when CAGs hit me, it's funny. I'm talking to you Asian Kid. Damn you and your Evo.[/QUOTE]
Ive got to play against you bumper car drivers...im itchin to try out my skills

I don't know about you guys, but I could sure go for some Friday afternoon Forza around 5:30pm EST today.

Looking to make another CAG themed car. Any suggestions?

So far I have the "Forum Post" Audi and a "2CHEAP4U" RSX. I've done a few other random cars as well ("Hot and Cold/Rainbow" Impreza, "White Hot" 350Z, "Herbie the Lovebug" Beetle, "Pig Roast" RX-7, and my favorite, the "Miss Saigon" NSX.)

Was looking to put the Cheapy Icon Face on the hood of a car, but that's gonna take double the layers since there's no option for black lines and color fills. They better offer a download to improve on the paint and decal sections.

When I play with people I know or the club, its alot more fun, so a dont mind a little bumping, just be ready to get bumped back. Cept I can never find anyone in the club thats not playing Halo 2. Theres a guy I have on my friend list that uses all the old cars and is really good with them. Its like being beaten by an R/C car.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']
Was looking to put the Cheapy Icon Face on the hood of a car, but that's gonna take double the layers since there's no option for black lines and color fills. They better offer a download to improve on the paint and decal sections.[/QUOTE]

The thing that pisses me off is that If a car comes with a racing stripe, all your layers have to go under it. The Shelby Cobra has 2 white circles where numbers are supposed to go, but I cant even put anything on them so it looks kinda stupid.

[quote name='danny-o']I can never find anyone in the club thats not playing Halo 2.[/QUOTE]
Damn Halo....

And supa...what's the news about the meetup?
[quote name='danny-o']The thing that pisses me off is that If a car comes with a racing stripe, all your layers have to go under it. The Shelby Cobra has 2 white circles where numbers are supposed to go, but I cant even put anything on them so it looks kinda stupid.[/QUOTE]
I've yet to try it out on cars with racing stripes, but that would suck. It's a good step in customizing cars, but I just want more options and better tools.

Good racing today Cheap and whoever else was there(sorry i froget names easy).We gonna make sunday afternoons/evenings a set time or what?

Anyone have a good parts list/setup for an RSX Type-S for B class? I just like the paint that I put on it and want to use it at least a few times online and come in at a decent position.

You guys still play this game? For those who are and also part of the club, what B-class car do you most often use? And what overall theme/design would you like on that car?

I'm seeing if I can get some sort of majority on the car class/design and see what I can come up with. Been spending more time with the decals than I have been racing lately.

well...i just got my new xbox (old one couldn't play on live anymore) and it wouldn't let me copy data to the memory card, so i will have to start over :(

[quote name='SteveMcQ']You guys still play this game? For those who are and also part of the club, what B-class car do you most often use? And what overall theme/design would you like on that car?

I'm seeing if I can get some sort of majority on the car class/design and see what I can come up with. Been spending more time with the decals than I have been racing lately.[/QUOTE]

I use a skyline and the subaru 22B for b-class. I dont use that godamn tommy kaira crap. its like cheating.

[quote name='swetooth9']well...i just got my new xbox (old one couldn't play on live anymore) and it wouldn't let me copy data to the memory card, so i will have to start over :([/QUOTE]

That sucks. That's one thing I hate about the HDD. I have another Xbox in the house and another one in the other, but I can't transfer all the games I want over. I hope this is something they remedy in future HDD-based consoles.

What level were you?

I got a vote for a Skyline and a 22B (I use that one myself). I know Cheapy uses an NSX quite a bit. Any others out there?

And to explain why I'm doing that, I'm seeing if there's one particular B-class car everyone uses so when we race online as a club (if that ever happens) I can try to make a skin which everyone can have to distinguish us from the others. Or not.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That sucks. That's one thing I hate about the HDD. I have another Xbox in the house and another one in the other, but I can't transfer all the games I want over. I hope this is something they remedy in future HDD-based consoles.

What level were you?

I got a vote for a Skyline and a 22B (I use that one myself). I know Cheapy uses an NSX quite a bit. Any others out there?

And to explain why I'm doing that, I'm seeing if there's one particular B-class car everyone uses so when we race online as a club (if that ever happens) I can try to make a skin which everyone can have to distinguish us from the others. Or not.[/QUOTE]

i was only a 15...but still :D if you want to sell me an NSX, that would be nice ;)

Just sent Supa a friend request for the club ... just recently got the game, and have been playing the career here online... give me an add!

GT: kaijuguy

[quote name='swetooth9']i was only a 15...but still :D if you want to sell me an NSX, that would be nice ;)[/QUOTE]
Which one? Year and make since there's quite a few. And I've got nearly every car aside from 10 cars I've yet to unlock in Career mode. How you ask? Sunset Peninsula Speedway races. Nearly $100,000 Credits for 4 minutes worth of racing. It's nice...so very, very nice.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Which one? Year and make since there's quite a few. And I've got nearly every car aside from 10 cars I've yet to unlock in Career mode. How you ask? Sunset Peninsula Speedway races. Nearly $100,000 Credits for 4 minutes worth of racing. It's nice...so very, very nice.[/QUOTE]

uhh...i dont know...the "best" version overall i guess :)

Well, I use the Acura NSX (newer model year) extensively. Some prefer the Honda NSX-R. Let me know if you want to take a look at my garage and the NSXs in there. My Miss Saigon NSX isn't for sale, but I can get you one with the same parts.

Any certain time you guys want to play tomorrow? I'm looking forward to finally taking this baby online. Since I'm on Pacific time, I may have to drag my ass out of bed, so it'd be nice to know if I should set an alarm.

Yeah, anyone else planning to play today/tonight?

And swetooth let me know if and when you want to check out the NSXs. I can hop on then. I bought and upgraded a '97 Acura NSX, but I think the '04 Acura NSX that I have is better. The braking and handling is .1 lower, but it sticks a little better off the corner for some reason and has a top speed rating of 6.5 so it goes nicely. This is a class-B car btw.

If you want that one, I'll have to make a copy of it since that has some custom paint on it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, anyone else planning to play today/tonight?

And swetooth let me know if and when you want to check out the NSXs. I can hop on then. I bought and upgraded a '97 Acura NSX, but I think the '04 Acura NSX that I have is better. The braking and handling is .1 lower, but it sticks a little better off the corner for some reason and has a top speed rating of 6.5 so it goes nicely. This is a class-B car btw.

If you want that one, I'll have to make a copy of it since that has some custom paint on it.[/QUOTE]

yea, i'll try to get on sometime tonight before family guy comes on...i dont think i will have enough money yet, though :(

i'm lookin for the newest ACURA nsx btw :)

[quote name='swetooth9']yea, i'll try to get on sometime tonight before family guy comes on...i dont think i will have enough money yet, though :(

i'm lookin for the newest ACURA nsx btw :)[/QUOTE]
I think tonights a perfect night to stary playing Live again, havent been on in a month...

I look forward to getting my ass kicked

I'll likely be on tonight around 8pmCST perhaps.

swetooth. I've got two of those NSXs you want. They're both 2004 Acura NSXs. The main stats are exactly the same, though there is a slight difference between the two with the redline, HPs, and torque, but it's pretty negligible. One is a NA engine while the other has a turbo. I looked at the prices and it is pretty pricey...right around 50,000 Credits. I wish I could set my own prices or you'd have it for 10,000 Credits or so.

Let me know when you reach Level 30...there's a race that you can win some big money in with little effort.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'll likely be on tonight around 8pmCST perhaps.

swetooth. I've got two of those NSXs you want. They're both 2004 Acura NSXs. The main stats are exactly the same, though there is a slight difference between the two with the redline, HPs, and torque, but it's pretty negligible. One is a NA engine while the other has a turbo. I looked at the prices and it is pretty pricey...right around 50,000 Credits. I wish I could set my own prices or you'd have it for 10,000 Credits or so.

Let me know when you reach Level 30...there's a race that you can win some big money in with little effort.[/QUOTE]

hah, that won't be for a while, but ok

Anyone know if turning down the difficulty to easy is going to effect me in the long run, outside of earning alittle less credits on the race outcome screen? I think its alittle too easy, but compared to normal difficulty It's less frustrating.

I would join the Forza club once I get to a higher level, I'm only in the 20ish range and don't have jack unlocked.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Anyone know if turning down the difficulty to easy is going to effect me in the long run, outside of earning alittle less credits on the race outcome screen? I think its alittle too easy, but compared to normal difficulty It's less frustrating.

I would join the Forza club once I get to a higher level, I'm only in the 20ish range and don't have jack unlocked.[/QUOTE]

You *may* run into advancement troubles later on (around 25-30) as you are losing 20% per race.

I really suggest biting the bullet and playing on normal or hard. More immediately youll get more cash, long term you ll be a much better driver.

As far as waiting to join, no point in that. We have all skill types. Plus, you make more cash online than you do off.

WARNING! RANT AHEAD.

I love Forza in spite of her few, usually tiny, flaws. However, Ive found one thats driving me INSANE!

Endurance races. What in the world makes them so different from regular races? I rarely have other driver issues but on endurance they go balls to the wall and usually taking me with them. And with full damage on, even if I do save it, I lose a chuck of change.

Also, whats up with the having to hold the lead? Its crazy. For example, I get a great jump off the line and take first right off the bat. Zip around the track at a pretty good clip putting some space between me and the #2. About lap 10 I get bored and lose some focus which leads to my lap times being about 1sec above my average. Slowly my lead is shrinking until finally I get passed. Needless to say this was my wakeup call and I start hunting down the new leader. Thing is, I aint catching him. I guessed I was running slow laps still but nope, hung my best lap times 2 laps in a row, each 1 sec better than my best. Meanwhile, homeboy is pulling AWAY. A few more low lap times and yet hes still putting distance between us. Long story short, he blows my doors off even though Im racing far better than I was previosly.

All I can figure is, you best hold the lead because once you lose it, its wicked hard to get it back on edurance hard. Really kinda sucks because theres no logic to it.

Well, do any of the AI drivers have their own personalities or anything? I haven't really paid enough attention.. but maybe he's a "hang back until you fuck up" kind of driver. I race with a few guys like that online. You've got to be good to be that patient, I sure couldn't do it.

Sometime this week I'm going to try and add you to my friends, I want in the club. :)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']You guys still play this game? For those who are and also part of the club, what B-class car do you most often use?[/QUOTE]

I use the Evo VIII GSR. It's a good middle-car. In an 8 person race I usually come in 3rd or 4th. I don't like just using the fastest car, I gotta use a car I like. As long as I'm not 7th or 8th, I'm cool.

What car class do you guys mainly race with in the club?

[quote name='red flare graf']Well, do any of the AI drivers have their own personalities or anything? I haven't really paid enough attention.. but maybe he's a "hang back until you fuck up" kind of driver. I race with a few guys like that online. You've got to be good to be that patient, I sure couldn't do it.

Sometime this week I'm going to try and add you to my friends, I want in the club. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Yes they have "personalities" in a way because they are all basically drivitar hybrids (the original racers were quite skilled to they dialed them back so youd have a chance) How much of a difference this equates too, I cant say. Try running a race, then follow some of the other cars. You ll see some pretty interesting stuff.

I am of the opinion the best drivatar is a stalker. He sticks close until you mess up or he sees an opening, then hes gone.Of course, I play on hard with most everything turned off so YMMV.

bread's done
Back