CAG Fund for Child's Play 2008 Raffle - $32,667 Raised! - Winners Posted!

[quote name='Ma12kez']Awesome! I'll be chipping in as soon as possible. Oh and I was just wondering why CAG isn't listed under any of the corporate sponsors? Not to sound like an ass, but $27,000+ didn't warrant any notoriety?[/quote]
We were a Platinum Sponsor last year! The sponsors listed are for this year.

[quote name='marten']Ask, and ye shall receive.

Hope you're all ready for this....all the stops are being pulled for this one.

And I do mean all. :cool:[/quote]

*looks at donation list*

Damn. You are one generous man. Martin for CAG Hero 2008! :bow:

I threw in $20 dollars. I'll make a resolution to give more next year, but I totally forgot about this and wasn't prepared. I may make a second donation after my next pay check.

I'm somewhat new to these forums, but I'd like to say that the spirit of giving here is definitely beyond what I've seen elsewhere. You guys have created an awesome community!

Hmmm... I have a LARGE pile of loose change in my closet. The piles usually come out to $40-$50 when I cash it in. I'll see if I can order a game or two for a prize. I wish I would have known this during Black Friday, and I would have bought some stuff then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Money is tighter this year, but screw it -- I'll just buy one or two fewer games. This cause is worth it -- in for $30 and a game donation.

The picture CheapyD posted was old. I've taken a new one that includes everything since it was taken.

Snapshot_20081113_5.jpg

Check out the crazy prize Justden just donated:

HUGE Xbox 360 60GB Price Package with over 50 games and more! [picture]
Alone in the Dark, Arcade Unplugged, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Bolt, Burnout Paradise, Culdcept Saga, Dark Sector, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XI Online: The Vana'Diel Collection, Gears of War 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Kameo: Elements of Power, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, Kung Fu Panda, Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Legendary, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Microsoft Children's Miracle Network Games Bundle (Viva Piñata Party Animals, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Shrek The Third), Naruto: Rise of the Ninja, Operation Darkness, Orange Box, Overlord, Perfect Dark Zero, Prince of Persia, Scene it? Box Office Smash (includes 4 controllers), Simpsons Game, Sonic Unleashed, Spectral Force 3, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Spiderwick Chronicles, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Tales of Vesperia, Too Human, Turok, Two Worlds, Universe at War: Earth Assault, Viking: Battle for Asgard, 1 year XBOX Live Gold Subscription card, 4000 Microsoft Points card, CAGcast hoodie and CAG hat!

Thanks so much to everyone who is contributing!!

[quote name='CheapyD']Check out the crazy prize Justden just donated:

Thanks so much to everyone who is contributing!![/QUOTE]

I am so confused, why doesnt a prize like this go to the charity itself or is sold for the charity's benefit? It could be set up at some childrens shelter where lots of kids could have fun with it I would presume or even a local library or something.

[quote name='CheapyD']Check out the crazy prize Justden just donated:

Alone in the Dark, Arcade Unplugged, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Bolt, Burnout Paradise, Culdcept Saga, Dark Sector, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XI Online: The Vana'Diel Collection, Gears of War 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Kameo: Elements of Power, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, Kung Fu Panda, Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Legendary, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Microsoft Children's Miracle Network Games Bundle (Viva Piñata Party Animals, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Shrek The Third), Naruto: Rise of the Ninja, Operation Darkness, Orange Box, Overlord, Perfect Dark Zero, Prince of Persia, Scene it? Box Office Smash (includes 4 controllers), Simpsons Game, Sonic Unleashed, Spectral Force 3, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Spiderwick Chronicles, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Tales of Vesperia, Too Human, Turok, Two Worlds, Universe at War: Earth Assault, Viking: Battle for Asgard, 1 year XBOX Live Gold Subscription card, 4000 Microsoft Points card, CAGcast hoodie and CAG hat!

Thanks so much to everyone who is contributing!![/quote]
damn that is a nice donation

Time to help out, donate money and a game. Always been meaning to donate to Child's play foundation, never had the money to before though.

[quote name='Haggar']Do I have to have a Paypal account to use ChipIn?[/QUOTE]

No you can pay via credit card it still uses the paypal website interface though.

[quote name='Maklershed']Cheapy .. is there a way to donate via check?[/quote]
Can't you pay via checking account with PayPal? I'm pretty sure you can.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can't you pay via checking account with PayPal? I'm pretty sure you can.[/QUOTE]

Some people may not like the power paypal can have over your bank account but I suppose if the person isnt buying/selling via ebay or anything else, it could be ok.

[quote name='Arakias']I am so confused, why doesnt a prize like this go to the charity itself or is sold for the charity's benefit? It could be set up at some childrens shelter where lots of kids could have fun with it I would presume or even a local library or something.[/quote]
I think the ideas is that people will ultimately donate more than the value of the prize in order to attempt to win the prize.

[quote name='botticus']I think the ideas is that people will ultimately donate more than the value of the prize in order to attempt to win the prize.[/QUOTE]

But if a person who donates $5 has an opportunity to win this bundle, and the majority of people will donate less than the $400-500+ value of this bundle the idea that a person can win a massive bundle for such little effort is kinda lame. If it was split up into smaller bits or something, that would make more sense (not as a single prize).
The person who had this sitting around could have seen the his "prize" be put to immediate use if it went to a charity/house/library directly.

I am specifically addressing this massive prize bundle and not all the smaller little prizes or the $500 gift card because it seems to be an excessively large prize and I thought there was something on CAG where donations of games directly to a kids charity occurred (unless I am confusing it with the military one).

anyways thats the last I'll say about that. I'm just as happy to win the prize now that it is in the pot but still...

[quote name='CheapyD']Can't you pay via checking account with PayPal? I'm pretty sure you can.[/quote]

You can... but Maklershed doesn't have a paypal account anymore.

I always like donating to this... I did it last year and I plan on doing it again next year as well. Chipping in $5 now. =)

You Greedy Bald Bastard! Its an ECONOMIC DOWNTURN YEAR for gods sake......and you want MORE for 08!?!?!?!

Hmmmm...ok I'm in for $10.

I was happy to donate $10, it's been a good year and I am proud to contribute my little bit I can. Hopefully the total well exceeds the goal.

It's really awesome being a part of this. Gave my donation, put the widget on my website, now I gotta find something to give as a prize.

[quote name='Arakias']But if a person who donates $5 has an opportunity to win this bundle, and the majority of people will donate less than the $400-500+ value of this bundle the idea that a person can win a massive bundle for such little effort is kinda lame. If it was split up into smaller bits or something, that would make more sense (not as a single prize).
The person who had this sitting around could have seen the his "prize" be put to immediate use if it went to a charity/house/library directly.

I am specifically addressing this massive prize bundle and not all the smaller little prizes or the $500 gift card because it seems to be an excessively large prize and I thought there was something on CAG where donations of games directly to a kids charity occurred (unless I am confusing it with the military one).

anyways thats the last I'll say about that. I'm just as happy to win the prize now that it is in the pot but still...[/QUOTE]

I can't help but to completely agree with this guy. That bundle should either be split up, or donated.

bread's done
Back