CAG Fund for Child's Play 2008 Raffle - $32,667 Raised! - Winners Posted!

Tossed in my $10, would've tossed in more but one of the booths at GenCon Indy was collecting funds for ChildsPlay earlier this year, and I tossed a good bit in. (I think the Zombie Rising one.)

Donated as well.

I'm always hesitant on the legitimacy of a charity but this is definitely a legit one and a GREAT charity.

+1

[quote name='cmart05']Also, how does Cheapy tell who donated or not? Or do we go just by whoever says "Donated" in this thread?[/quote]
By the email address associated with your PayPal account.

[quote name='shafnitz']By the email address associated with your PayPal account.[/quote]

Er, but the e-mail address for my paypal is different than than the one used on this website.

[quote name='cmart05']Er, but the e-mail address for my paypal is different than than the one used on this website.[/quote]
Does that matter?

[quote name='shafnitz']Does that matter?[/quote]

Well my question was how would they know who donated for the charity?

You said by PayPal e-mail address.

If like me, people have different e-mails from their CAG account and PayPal, how would they know what CAG member donated what?

[quote name='cmart05']Well my question was how would they know who donated for the charity?

If like me, people have different e-mails from their CAG account and PayPal, how would they know what CAG member donated what?[/quote]
They don't.

This is more of a collective thing, where all our donations will be essentially from "CAG" not "cmart05 from CAG".

[quote name='yukine']They don't.

This is more of a collective thing, where all our donations will be essentially from "CAG" not "cmart05 from CAG".[/quote]

Got you, but so then how are raffle prizes handed out?

[quote name='cmart05']Well my question was how would they know who donated for the charity?

If like me, people have different e-mails from their CAG account and PayPal, how would they know what CAG member donated what?[/quote]
They don't, but they don't need to. If you win a prize, you'll be contacted at the email address associated with your PayPal account.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5193953&postcount=47

[quote name='coltcannon']In for $100 now, I am matching anything my friends or family are donating additionally.[/quote]
:shock: What a High Roller

Happy to donate!

"Merry X-Mas"!
- Robot Santa
robot-santa.jpg

$5 for now, once textbooks for next semester are paid for, I will add more. I wish I could afford to give a lot more to help people. Kudos to those of you making substantial contributions!

I will donate once I get paid on the 15th. :)

Speakin of which I never even got what I won last year. Oh well, it all went to a good cause so it didn't bother me. :)

Usually my extended family has a gift exchange for everyone. This year we decided to give to various charities. I'm putting Childs Play up for a vote this year. If nothing else I'll give my share to this one.:)

I only threw in $5 last year, and although my financial situation is up in the air at the moment the wife and I are in for $25.

Count me in for $10 us, thats $13.50 Canadian, you're welcome.
I didn't look at the prize list before donating, I'm not trying to make a profit here. This charity popped into my head this mourning in the shower, and when I checked cheapassgamer for a fresh podcast the chipin box cought my eye. That said, some of those prizes are wicked. Ipod Touch x2, huge 360 packages, wow!

Donated $10! ($5 this year, and the $5 I didn't do last year lol)
Might be able to throw a game into the prize list this year too
Probably do that after I sell my college books back to the college :)

id like to donate kane and lynch for 360 for a prize as well. its used though. Just let me know.

Come on guys. 10.00 from everybody goes a long way. plus you have the chance to win prizes. its for a good cause and give back to the cag community. We all get some many deals and friends from here. Give something back!

Anything helps. If you got a dollar donate a dollar. Every little bit helps.

if each CAG gives 5 dollars we can get to 30,000 or more EZ

Last edited:
[quote name='starmask2k3']if each CAG gives 5 dollars we can get to 30,000 or more[/quote]

According to the site's info, there are 41794 registered members. If each contributed $5.00, we'd be sitting pretty at nearly $209,000! This thread has gotten 6743 views...but only 360 contributors to date. Some of you CheapAsses need to open those wallets! I'm feeling the need to contribute another $20.00.

The widget should be kept on the front page of CAG like last year. It makes it easier to keep track of the overall progress and also informs other visitors who might not know about the cause .

Well, we just had a baby 10 days ago and I still managed to donate $5, so the rest of you can do it as well! ;)

Hope to win whatever the biggest thing is so my parents will flip out when I ask them to forward it to me in Japan. LOL

bread's done
Back