CAG Fund for Child's Play 2008 Raffle - $32,667 Raised! - Winners Posted!

[quote name='erinkitty24']lol how do they know who donated what? so if i win how do i know?[/QUOTE]

You'll be notified via the e-mail attached to your Paypal account.

[quote name='djfp']According to the site's info, there are 41794 registered members. If each contributed $5.00, we'd be sitting pretty at nearly $209,000! This thread has gotten 6743 views...but only 360 contributors to date. Some of you CheapAsses need to open those wallets! I'm feeling the need to contribute another $20.00.[/quote]

Well, you've got to figure maybe of those 41,794... 20,000 or so are genuinely active enough to even see this thread, even then yeah $5.00 per member is a ton of money.

Though, I've posted about this charity on other forums I visit, so more exposure has been given regardless.

The economy is rough on us all, but $5 for kids who really need it won't be hurting your wallet, especially when you're using this site to purchase video games. =]

[quote name='cmart05']Well, you've got to figure maybe of those 41,794... 20,000 or so are genuinely active enough to even see this thread, even then yeah $5.00 per member is a ton of money.

Though, I've posted about this charity on other forums I visit, so more exposure has been given regardless.

The economy is rough on us all, but $5 for kids who really need it won't be hurting your wallet, especially when you're using this site to purchase video games. =][/QUOTE]

if there is 20,000 people active 5.00x20,000 =100,000 or more

I've donated a prize before and I would again since I have some mint 360 games laying around but since you can't donate used games I'm going to have to pass. I'll still donate just not through CAG.

Even if 20,000 users are active, how many of those users have paypal accounts? That alone limits how many people are going to be able to participate using ChipIn.

Of course even 10,000 users at $5 a piece would beat our goal this year.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Even if 20,000 users are active, how many of those users have paypal accounts? That alone limits how many people are going to be able to participate using ChipIn.

Of course even 10,000 users at $5 a piece would beat our goal this year.[/quote]

You don't need a paypal account to pay. They take credit cards directly.

Chances are if you don't have a paypal account, you probably don't have a credit card. I'm guessing there are plenty of Under-18 types here.... :p

Just donated. I might donate again before its all over.

What would be nice is to have wombat or cheapy buy 30k dollars worth of toys/games/systems and give them to the hosipitals/kids in person with video!

Wombat can be SANTA!

As Wombat said these are tough economic times. But the times for these kids/familes are tougher then we could probably imagine. So donate CAGS.

25 in. Thanks to Cheapy for setting all this up and for having an awesome site and podcast. You and Wombat were jobbed in the podcast awards!

threw in another 10.00 and some more prizes. Dig deep guys. Pass on one of the gamefly games and throw some needy children a bone! You can do without another dust collecting game. Come on guys. Santa is coming soon.

I was surprised to find that the raffle wasn't stickied somewhere on the front page of CAG. I had to dig through page 2 of the post archives to find it (I didn't think to check the "Off Topic" forum).

Anyways, I chipped in for $5 (money is extremely tight for me right now), but also sent an email to Cheapy offering a prize for the raffle (4000 point card for Live).

Donated $5, I will try and donate some more if I'm able to sell more of my crap on Amazon. This is the least I can do for all the great deals cag has provided me since I've joined.

I may try to throw in at least 5 bucks. I got laid off from my job Dec 1st and I'm struggling to buy Christmas presents right now. I'll see what I can do.

Last year we got listed on the donors list and I hope we do again this year. Just cuz we are cheapasses doesnt mean we wont open our wallets to a good cause.

[quote name='pjarvi']I was surprised to find that the raffle wasn't stickied somewhere on the front page of CAG. I had to dig through page 2 of the post archives to find it (I didn't think to check the "Off Topic" forum).

Anyways, I chipped in for $5 (money is extremely tight for me right now), but also sent an email to Cheapy offering a prize for the raffle (4000 point card for Live).[/quote]

There is a big 300x250 box located on the front page. Don't see how you could miss it.

Thanks for the donations!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']threw in another 10.00 and some more prizes. Dig deep guys. Pass on one of the gamefly games and throw some needy children a bone! You can do without another dust collecting game. Come on guys. Santa is coming soon.[/quote]

Considering Game Fly games are used... I don't think it's allowed to be given as a gift..

I just won a PixelJunk Eden code from spiketv, and after playing the demo it's not really my cup of tea. I would like to donate it as a raffle prize, is this possible? Can I just e-mail or PM it to cheapy?

[quote name='CheapyD']There is a big 300x250 box located on the front page. Don't see how you could miss it.

Thanks for the donations![/quote]

It's not being displayed on the UK front page. I know our cash isn't worth much anymore but you could still be missing out on possible donations.

[quote name='CheapyD']There is a big 300x250 box located on the front page. Don't see how you could miss it.

Thanks for the donations![/QUOTE]

Is it in one of the customizable module's? I removed some from the front page, so that may be why I don't see it. I'm also using Safari, but i'm not using any ad-blockers.

[quote name='cmart05']Considering Game Fly games are used... I don't think it's allowed to be given as a gift..[/QUOTE]

No I ment for people to not buy a cheapy gamefly game and pass that money on to the charity.

Plus the shout about dvd games are new...not used. I guess' I'll have to donate to toys for tots if they won't be used in the raffle as prizes.

Child's Play Charity Exceeds $1,000,000 In Donations

Marks the third straight year that Child's Play has hit a million dollars.

By Kat Bailey, 12/17/2008
media

One of the best things to ever happen to the gaming community keeps getting bigger. And now for the third year in the row, Child's Play has raised more than $1,000,000 in donations. According to Gamasutra and the official website, the charity for children's hospital patients started by Penny Arcade's Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins (Gabe and Tycho to you and me) in 2003 has surpassed the million mark. As of December 12, the total sits at $1,070,000, a number that Holkins called "almost stupidly large."
Over on Penny Arcade, Holkins said, "What could I possibly say that this weird, almost stupidly large number does not communicate?"
Child's Play still has a little over $200,000 to go before hitting last year's target. But with gamers all over the world continuing to give generously, it looks like an attainable goal.

That's amazing... I think that should go on the first post.

bread's done
Back