CAG Fund for Child's Play: $27,345 raised! Winners posted!

*cough*

[quote name='mykevermin']At $3800 (roughly) over one morning and half an afternoon, I could imagine this hitting $20-23K by 12/30.[/QUOTE]

Just sayin'. You could always prove me wrong by donating more. ;)

[quote name='moojuice']Only 1216 of 28274 users donated :([/QUOTE]

yeah, but how many of those 28,274 are active members? Do accounts get pruned?

I think 1,216 is pretty solid number.

*edit - just looked and the number is up to 1,325.

This is a pretty cool deal, I got some money in my Paypal account that I forgot about so I'm about to throw it in. Its awesome we get a chance to win prizes too, way to go CAG's!

Had a question though, how does CheapyD link the CAG account to the Paypal account. If someone didnt use the same email address then it would be a little bit harder. Just wondering on how that way I am sure to get my entries as well as everyone else who was thinking this too. Thanks!

I would think Cheapy would just draw from the papyal account info. After all, it appears as though nothing is wrong with a non-Cag winning the prizes. Donating is donating.

Just a heads up if people don't regularly go to Penny Arcade's site.
They put a blurb up about how much money/toys raised so far. Just a note he says final amount but it's definitely not the exact final. I think he was just counting up to xmas or something. Keep donating!

"I just got the final amount for Child's Play, which is... substantial: $1,135,000 in toys and cash. I said it was the final amount, but what we've seen in previous years is that this "final amount" climbs considerably after the event is finished. Money comes in from local events or community sites. For some people, the end of the event is an impetus to give. The lists typically stay up, as does the PayPal, and we see people choosing items in July. So as large as that sum is up there, it's not complete. Recall that this million is heaped upon the other millions we have raised, year over year, creating from nothing an engine of perpetual comfort that has generated $3,324,000 to date. We make Santa Claus a real person with Child's Play, that is our holy work, and each time we perform this charitable ritual he is real for a longer and longer duration. That is not an exaggeration. That is literally what we do."

Don't see why a couple hundred people can't put in another $5 each for one more entry in the raffle. I'll do my part as soon as something sells to put money in my account. :whistle2:(

I donated $25. I received $25 for doing a good deed of returning a cell phone to someone so I figured what better way to spend it then donating it to Child's Play.

Congrats CAG community for donating so much.

I had to convince my mom to even let me donate $5, heh. Oh well, at least it's something.

Wow, $100, that's pretty generous of you, Drexel.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I had to convince my mom to even let me donate $5, heh. Oh well, at least it's something.

Wow, $100, that's pretty generous of you, Drexel.[/QUOTE]

It's for a great cause :)

I had a good holiday season at my store...so I was able to put in a little extra.

Regardless of if the donation is $5 or $100...as long as you give something it's all good :)

We are both helping out ;)

I'm really proud of the money this site raised, and a few members have been incredibly generous to boot. Cheap Ass Gamers with hearts of gold.

[quote name='Drexel923']It's for a great cause :)

I had a good holiday season at my store...so I was able to put in a little extra.

Regardless of if the donation is $5 or $100...as long as you give something it's all good :)

We are both helping out ;)[/QUOTE]
Haha Drexel, we have similar avatars :D

donated through the link on the frontpage. dont know if I got included in the raffle but it's not a huge deal if I didn't.

excellent cause!

[quote name='lunchboxfett']I hope paypal doesn't charge a transaction fee for a charity. Does anyone know if they do?[/quote]

I was wondering that myself. Will they take a cut of the donation for moving the money into PA's account like they do on personal accounts?

I'm holding off until I can be the one--the big hero--to hit the $25,000 mark.* As for the rest of you...

"So GET...GOIN'!!"

*--Should I miss it, I guess you'll just have to get me to the $50,000 mark, right?

In for $10.

*crosses fingers* come on people! Lets hit 25k!

It really is great how much an online community can help out!

Nicko

bread's done
Back