CAG Gaming Group - Rainbow Six: Vegas Thursdays (Gomer V1 or Wowous Hosting)

gomer1andonly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Alrighty, this is now the official CAG Rainbow Six: Vegas Thursdays thread. We will meet every Thursday at 8 PM Eastern and go till late in the night so you can show up late if need be. If you want to be in the Rainbow Six Vegas group, please add the prefix of CAG to your player online so I know who you are (I can't remember everyone sadly) and D/L both the Red and Black map packs. Here's the list of regulars as of now, and I'll be sure to add people as they post.

Gamertags

AttackingMVP
Azumangaman
beau666
CAGKendal
CheapyD
CokeCola
crimson noir
Cronus Weep
DAEWEZZY
Disciprine
DRUNKZ 27
DTPrimus2112
dubbfoolio
ERS77
FraggedbyLagger
fullmetal 720
Gomer V1
guyjr79
Hfusion
Indifference
InuFaye
Jaded256
Jrcom
KillerStephen
KromeKoran
LinkinPrime
Lowgear26
Magic778
moojuiced
mr fern
Odenat
PetriesLastWord
Ramo Z
Rotundra
SedatedLion
SMIM
SolidDragon
Sox Fan
Squadoosh
sTRIKER1999
swift fix
ThatDamnDave
The Anayalator
the Woodmeister
Toper331
Ultimate Matt X
Vergenc3
WaltJay
Wombat5277
Wowous
X2Hot2HoldX

Will be here 8/9 (Gomer V1 hosting)

AttackingMVP
beau666
CokeCola
ERS77
fullmetal 720
Gomer V1
Hfusion
Jaded256
KillerStephen
moojuiced
the Woodmeister
Wowous

Anyone I've missed, let me know and I'll add you. Also, discuss maps and gametypes that you want in and out of our rotation. Thanks guys.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Also, good to mention that these nights go for awhile, so you don't have to be there right at 8 PM EDT by any means.[/QUOTE]

Very true, I'll put that in the OP.

We should create teams, randomly and we could find some really even, competitive teams that would be fun to keep track of wins vs. losses week by week. Each team has to have a captain too. Gomer and Wowous for captains.

Hey good news, I am finally going to be able to play again this week. I will be on later, seeing as I have to work until 10:30 or 11:30 est. But I am definitely hopping on right when I get home. Can't wait to get back in seeing as I haven't been able to play in awhile.

I think when we get some more CAGs we could do something like 4 teams of 5 and play against each other. That'd be pretty neat.

I'd love to have some sort of set team thing but I'm worried people wouldnt show for thier teams or times wouldnt work for teammates but I'm up for discussions on how to work something like that.

The other option, which requires even more people, is to have like teams of 8 and have 5 on 5s with people that show up.

[quote name='ddrpower']Count me in. I'm not the most amazing player, but hey, everyone needs a punching bag.[/quote]

Have one already, me.

We could easily do something like personal rankings based on kill counts/death counts and then break it into teams that way. Of course, I don't want to be the one to do the work, so I can suggest just about anything.

A rank system wouldnt be a bad idea with a little testing. I think for the keeping specific teams aspect, we could always set a line up, like a drafted line up or something so that there are a few main teams with extra players or something like that so if people are missing on a day, others can step in. I dunno, I'm at work and wanna think of anything but work right now so thats what came to mind. Anyone else with ideas, feel free to chime in.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']A rank system wouldnt be a bad idea with a little testing. I think for the keeping specific teams aspect, we could always set a line up, like a drafted line up or something so that there are a few main teams with extra players or something like that so if people are missing on a day, others can step in. I dunno, I'm at work and wanna think of anything but work right now so thats what came to mind. Anyone else with ideas, feel free to chime in.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Dave, the best way to do this would be for someone to compile kill/death ratio, probably over a few nights (probably 4 would be best to catch people who miss a night or two). As well as get an indication of how often people could make it.

I think we should have a 4 teams of 5 with some alternates (people who can't always play or whatever).

Maybe we should even start with 2 teams of 5 (the best 10 or people who are there frequently) or something and have a crew of alternates.

I wouldn't mind helping out, I just won't be able to this Thursday as I'm on vacation. I would suggest playing a combination of team sharpshooter, attack and defend, and any other team-based maps to pool these numbers. I wouldn't count stats in single sharpshooter, as it's a very different ballgame than team games.

So ya, I'd say if someone could record detailed stats, kill/death ratios, and if possible seperate it by map type (probably just team sharpshooter/attack & defend). We could set up a few captains in the coming weeks and either draft teams or place people on teams.

Love the idea Wowous and I can take care of keeping the stats since I'm running the thread and group anyways. We can start that on Thursday night. So with that said, if you're in for this Thursdays night, post letting me know so I know how many people will be in for the teams. I'll still run games as random teams on Thursday just so we can see if people do better for certain reasons or not.

I'd say keep the teams random for a bit just so that you can get an idea of people's skill levels irrespective of team. Then you could maybe set the top 3-4-5 whatever spots for a team and fill the rest with new people that show up.

I would just say be careful about setting everything exactly because a) people miss weeks here and there and b) you don't want to set up a situation where someone new feels intimidated about joining in because there are "teams" set up. Just make sure there's always a welcome spot for someone that randomly decides to play that week.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'd say keep the teams random for a bit just so that you can get an idea of people's skill levels irrespective of team. Then you could maybe set the top 3-4-5 whatever spots for a team and fill the rest with new people that show up.

I would just say be careful about setting everything exactly because a) people miss weeks here and there and b) you don't want to set up a situation where someone new feels intimidated about joining in because there are "teams" set up. Just make sure there's always a welcome spot for someone that randomly decides to play that week.[/QUOTE]

Its definitely that way where its open for everyone and all skill levels. I want everyone to have fun here and not feel obligated to just go out and win, win, win. I think teams can be 6 on 6 in game since the maps and matches are big enough and long enough. We'll see how things start off this week though.

I'll be there Thursday, around 7.

but I have to be honest here and say that I don't really like the idea of set teams. I understand wanting to keep the odds reasonably even between Alpha/Bravo in any given match so people don't just show up and get slaughtered, but I think rotating teams around on the fly in game is better, that way we're not always playing with/against the same people. I know we all chat it up in the game lobby, but there's 10-20 minute stretches where we're only talking to teammates. I think it's good, and ultimately healthier for the CAG group not to have set teams. I do like to compete, and I do like winning matches, but I'm playing with CAGs for a more light-hearted affair.

I'm totally against this whole team thing... it sounds like we're getting a ranking system that might actually matter. I just really don't want to get to the point where I'm afraid to enter The Vault because it might affect my ratio. I'd rather not give a damn and be Rambo on occasion (re: all the freaking time).

As long as I don't have to think about it, I guess it will be alright. I'm the guy that actually loves the Halo ranking system and matchmaking, but really wishes the number was completely hidden.

I should be on this Thursday.

Well then maybe just don't worry about the teams and just keep the stats for fun. Would at least give an idea of when teams are mismatched maybe?

If we do the whole captain thing, we can just do it on the fly in the rooms to make sure the people show up.
Just have 2 people be captains and we can just sort the teams that way.

I'd like to have a go if there's space, I'm not great at multiplayer games but I've played quite a bit of R6 and I'll make sure I have my headset plugged in.

EDIT - What time does it usually start and should I look for a particular Gamertag to join ?

[quote name='benjamouth']I'd like to have a go if there's space, I'm not great at multiplayer games but I've played quite a bit of R6 and I'll make sure I have my headset plugged in.

EDIT - What time does it usually start and should I look for a particular Gamertag to join ?[/QUOTE]

I host the room so I'll add you to my XBL friends list and look for me starting at 8 PM Eastern.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I host the room so I'll add you to my XBL friends list and look for me starting at 8 PM Eastern.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Can I please get an add?[/quote]

sent you a request. anyone with Sifl & Olly as their avatar has a welcome spot on my friends list.

bread's done
Back