CAG Grifball Team's Child's Play Charity Drive! $1612.50 raised to date!

[quote name='whiptcracker']I just found out about this gametype and would love to try it out. GT: Whipt1[/quote]

[quote name='jakehoss']Can i please play with you guys.... I want to play grifball more than anything and no one will play with me. and it makes me very sad face. Gamertag Kevin Hossner please invite me ill play/practice whenever.[/quote]

You two should send a friend request to CAG Grifball.

[quote name='John Ketch']Good luck in the tournament, Team Cheap Ass Gamer. I'll be off the grid for the next several days and therefore will not be able to benefit from the solid play of others while I accidentally kill my own teammates. All I gotta say is Thank Buddha FullMetal is on our side.[/quote]

Meh, he seems like he has host advantage or something 'cause everyone is reporting having trouble hitting him no matter when they swing. Forces me to deploy special tactics to take him out, which I use on everyone else too now. So it's not really so special any more.

I just can't seem to consistently get my timing down for the life of me. I've got a Slayer setup that uses all the Grifball settings if we want to practice hammering one night and not have to worry about captures and whatnot.

[quote name='Draekon']You two should send a friend request to CAG Grifball.[/QUOTE]

as soon as i get pff work, 5 pm pacific. im going home, hitting the b0ng, signing on and doing just that.
:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

Hopper is up. If anyone wants to join Tiggerfan and I here in a little bit (am heating up lunch) feel free to hop on and message me.

[quote name='jakehoss']as soon as i get pff work, 5 pm pacific. im going home, hitting the b0ng, signing on and doing just that.
:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:[/quote]

Just lost all respect for you :applause:

[quote name='Draekon']You two should send a friend request to CAG Grifball.

Meh, he seems like he has host advantage or something 'cause everyone is reporting having trouble hitting him no matter when they swing. Forces me to deploy special tactics to take him out, which I use on everyone else too now. So it's not really so special any more.[/QUOTE]

No, I just have perfect timing (and I have some tactics.)

Since so many people have expressed interest, perhaps someone should make a second team. Better to have the teams practice together rather than everyone as a whole if you ask me.

[quote name='SynGamer']Since so many people have expressed interest, perhaps someone should make a second team. Better to have the teams practice together rather than everyone as a whole if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

thats probably a good idea, because any game bigger than like 5 on 5 wouldnt be much practice as far as the "real" game is concerned. just a bunch of people exploding with hammers. wich is fun, but not really productive.

[quote name='SynGamer']Since so many people have expressed interest, perhaps someone should make a second team. Better to have the teams practice together rather than everyone as a whole if you ask me.[/quote]

We could, but given our time frame before the next league (expected to start soon, but no listed date), I'm mostly focused on determining 7 CAGs to play on the current Cheap Ass Gamer team.

That being said, if someone is willing to field a second team, by all means. I'm just saying that I personally won't be able to oversee it, and prefer not to split my current team, as we're going to need as much talent as possible to take on any team we come across in this league.

~HotShotX

*Data is based on K/D Spread, Scoring, and Betrayals
*All data is based on the last 10 games played by each person:

Name -- K/D Spread
1. Draekon (Avg. 16.3)
2. Fullmetal (Avg. 15.9)
3. The Anayalator (Avg. -3.11)
4. Halfbent (Avg. -7.33)
5. HotShotX (Avg. -7.8)
6. Warked (Avg. -8.3)
7. SynGamer (Avg. -9.9)
8. John Ketch (Avg. -10.2)

Name -- Scoring
1. HotShotX (Avg. 2.6)
2. The Anayalator (Avg. 2.33)
3. SynGamer (Avg. 1.9)
4. Halfbent (Avg. 1.44)
5. Draekon (Avg. 1.3)
6. John Ketch (Avg. 1.0)
7. Warked (Avg. 0.7)
8. Fullmetal (Avg. 0.4)

Name -- Betrayals
1. Fullmetal (Avg. 0.9)
1. Warked (Avg. 0.9)
3. Halfbent (Avg. 1.22)
4. SynGamer (Avg. 2.0)
5. HotShotX (Avg. 2.1)
6. The Anayalator (Avg. 2.11)
7. Draekon (Avg. 2.8)
8. John Ketch (Avg. 3.8)

I plan on creating the final team based on these three charts, essentially taking each person's position as a value, and thus taking the 7 players with the lowest values for the main team, the reasons I chose these three statistics are as follows:

K/D Ratio: Self-Explanatory, A high K/D Ratio shows that you are taking the hurt to the opposition, plowing them out of the way in a consistent and dependable manner, we can count on you to clear a path for the ball carrier to the goal.

Scoring: The heart of the team, no matter how many of the opposition you can mow down in front of you, no matter how hard you can hold back the enemy from scoring, all is for naught if we cannot breach their line and score 5 out of 9 times in each game.

Betrayals: Despite their rarity, they are often the decider between a well fortified defense and a point for the opposing team. The chaos and randomness they bring to the field in the middle of a play leads me to rank them just as highly as Scoring and K/D Ratios, but in a negative light.

That being said, the current roster (but not final) is as follows:

1. Fullmetal (2,8,1 = 11)
1. The Anayalator (3,2,6 = 11)
1. Halfbent (4,4,3 = 11)
1. HotShotX (5,1,5 = 11)
5. Draekon (1,5,7 = 13)
6. Warked (6,7,1 = 14)
6. SynGamer (7,3,4 = 14)
8. John Ketch (8,6,8 = 22)

This weekend, Bungie is holding a Grifball playlist on the social hoppers. The CAG team will split up into 2 teams of 4, and play against other teams on the hopper, switching up teammates after each game.

The last 10 games you play this weekend will be used to determine your final rank for this team, using the same system you see above. Only games played with 3 other CAGs as teammates will be counted.

This will give enough time for another CAG Grifball team to form and practice once the first 7 are selected.

Good luck to all.

~HotShotX

It's not even close. Ugh...I knew I was bad, but jeesh. It's like trying out for the volleyball team my sophomore year of high school all over again. I would've made it if it weren't for the severe lack of skill!

[quote name='John Ketch']It's not even close. Ugh...I knew I was bad, but jeesh. It's like trying out for the volleyball team my sophomore year of high school all over again. I would've made it if it weren't for the severe lack of skill![/quote]

You've still got time to improve. Get into the mix and start kicking ass.

~HotShotX

Syn and Draekon I didnt really quit on you guys at the end.
The network to my apartment went out and so I was left playing the waiting game.
Sorry, I just got it back up.

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Syn and Draekon I didnt really quit on you guys at the end.
The network to my apartment went out and so I was left playing the waiting game.
Sorry, I just got it back up.[/quote]

No problem. We assumed something happened with your net. We ended up getting stuck with some asshole who kept TKing us.

Cheapass Gamer Second team is going to be named "The Anal Spelunkers" So you guys know. We decided on it tonight in our matches.

[quote name='georox']Cheapass Gamer Second team is going to be named "The Anal Spelunkers" So you guys know. We decided on it tonight in our matches.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it will be. Now who wants to join?

I'm formally requesting that i NOT be placed on the same team as Anayalator. The fucker just booted me from a mock practice with himself, Draekon, and warked. If the kid doesn't know how to listen, then i don't want to be on the same team as him.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm formally requesting that i NOT be placed on the same team as Anayalator. The fucker just booted me from a mock practice with himself, Draekon, and warked. If the kid doesn't know how to listen, then i don't want to be on the same team as him.[/quote]

No offense kids, but I'm not selecting CAGs for the team based on your drama skills. Save that for the OTT. I'm taking the 7 best based on the plan above to act as a COMPETITIVE team in the Grifball League.

If you feel you can't get along with someone who won't even be leading the team, then I can skip over you and select the next best player if you so choose. I'll handle issues as they come up personally, but the bottom line is this:

Get your shit together, I'm not here to babysit anyone. I can also assure you that I will not be catering to the classic "He's an asshole, throw him off the team or I quit" rhetoric.

This team was made for competition, and though we will also have fun, I make no promises when it comes to getting the drama of XBox Live under control.

When in doubt, remember: Ejaculate is a good source of protein.

~HotShotX

Sorry about ignoring the invite Hotshot, I was over at my moms doing laundry and co-oping split screen with my brother.

[quote name='HotShotX']No offense kids, but I'm not selecting CAGs for the team based on your drama skills. Save that for the OTT. I'm taking the 7 best based on the plan above to act as a COMPETITIVE team in the Grifball League.

If you feel you can't get along with someone who won't even be leading the team, then I can skip over you and select the next best player if you so choose. I'll handle issues as they come up personally, but the bottom line is this:

Get your shit together, I'm not here to babysit anyone. I can also assure you that I will not be catering to the classic "He's an asshole, throw him off the team or I quit" rhetoric.

This team was made for competition, and though we will also have fun, I make no promises when it comes to getting the drama of XBox Live under control.

When in doubt, remember: Ejaculate is a good source of protein.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Anal Spelunker HotShotX is how you should start signing your posts.

`CAA KA CAW TOOKI TOOKI! Here fishy fishy fish... Geo

I had friends over tonight Hotshot and we running two consoles one with Cod4 and the other with Rockband.

Ill try and get in next time.

No ones online. I got an invite, finished up my match and yeah...no one on. Probably best anyway, i need to get some homework done for my tax class.

Anyways, figured I'd say that tonights gathering was obviously cancelled. HotShot had shit to do, Syn was busy (but may of been available later [EDIT: Spoke to soon. :p]). So it was just three of us being fullmetal, Anayalator, and I. Thus I called it off. Hopefully we'll have at least a 3 on 3 going tomorrow as 2 on 2 isn't very appealing.

Since we'll be back to custom games now that the Grifball hopper is gone, I have a new launch I'd like to try and see if it's more effective. However it requires precision on the ball carriers part.

Red vs Blue has requested highlight reels from a few of the Grifball games this weekend. I've uploaded 3 different plays to my fireshare that show off our teamwork at scoring, and include SynGamer, Fullmetal, and myself.

However, I'd also like to get a few clips of you guys reigning hell down on the opposing side. If any of you have any clips of that sort, shoot a few of them to [email protected]. Let them know your from Team Cheap Ass Gamer.

~HotShotX

Hey guys, I'm stuck at school tonight getting a design presentation together. So I'm out again tonight. Sorry.

Draekon followed by Syn are in charge tonight.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Hey guys, I'm stuck at school tonight getting a design presentation together. So I'm out again tonight. Sorry.

Draekon followed by Syn are in charge tonight.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Hate.

So, in reading over the rules for the Spring '08 season, it seems they have increased the roster size from seven to eight.

It seems you're all on the team. Well done :) I'll be updating the OP with the new rules, info, etc., and will need some info tonight as to what league you'll all like to be in.

10pm EST tonight, and yes, I'll be there.

~HotShotX

Tonight we decide on what division we would like to enter. Be sure to show up.

• This season, teams will be selecting Divisions based on when they can play. Once in a Division, a team is expected to play in all their games at that time. You can find the list of Divisions and times here.
Each team will play two games on their assigned game night. Odd numbered games will be played first.

New proposed times:

Monday Divs
Division 1 Monday 5:00 PM
Division 2 Monday 7:30 PM
Division 3 Monday 10:00PM

Tuesday Divs
Division 4 Tuesday 6:00 PM
Division 5 Tuesday 7:30 PM
Division 6 Tuesday 10:00PM

Wednesday Divs
Division 7 Wednesday 7:00 PM
Division 8 Wednesday 8:30 PM
Division 9 Wednesday 10:00PM

Thursday Divs
Division 10 Thursday 1:00 PM
Division 11 Thursday 8:00 PM
Division 12 Thursday 10:00PM

Friday Divs
Division 13 Friday 7:00 PM
Division 14 Friday 8:30 PM
Division 15 Friday 10:00PM

Saturday Divs
Division 16 Saturday 4:00 PM
Division 17 Saturday 7:30PM
Division 18 Saturday 10:00PM

Sunday Divs
Division 19 Sunday 2:00PM
Division 20 Sunday 9:00 PM

Division 21 UK Division (Open Scheduling -- TC's must schedule own games)

All times are Central (-6 GMT)

~HotShotX

WORD. Hotshot, would you mind posting updated stats that include last night's game? If it's a lot of work and would rather wait until we've got a few more games under the belt, that's cool.

[quote name='John Ketch']WORD. Hotshot, would you mind posting updated stats that include last night's game? If it's a lot of work and would rather wait until we've got a few more games under the belt, that's cool.[/quote]

We've got a couple of days to tabulate stats before the league starts. So, while I won't be doing it tonight, we'll certainly be getting in a few more games soon enough.

Also, due to an exam tomorrow, I won't be on tonight.

~HotShotX

So that means anybody who wants to up their stats provided they're able to should get their ass on tonight and we'll have a 3 on 3 or 3 on 4 if possible. If members are lacking below 3 on 3 we may opt for Beach Grifball with outsiders (Had wubb, javeryh, GuilewasNK, and AdmiralAlodar last time) and will split up the team to make it a bit more even. If that fails, we can always go own some bitches in ranked or unranked play for a few games if so desired too. :p

[quote name='Draekon']we may opt for Beach Grifball without outsiders (Had wubb, javeryh, GuilewasNK, and AdmiralAlodar last time) [/QUOTE]

Don't want to get pwned again eh? :booty:

;)

[quote name='wubb']Don't want to get pwned again eh? :booty:

;)[/quote]

I ment with and just went back to fix it. ;)

Can't be worse than going up against 3/4ths of the regulars though.:whee:

[quote name='Draekon']So that means anybody who wants to up their stats provided they're able to should get their ass on tonight and we'll have a 3 on 3 or 3 on 4 if possible. If members are lacking below 3 on 3 we may opt for Beach Grifball with outsiders (Had wubb, javeryh, GuilewasNK, and AdmiralAlodar last time) and will split up the team to make it a bit more even. If that fails, we can always go own some bitches in ranked or unranked play for a few games if so desired too. :p[/quote]

I actually prefer that map over foundry...it was a blast, nice to have objects and such to run around and jump over.

Looks like league registrations are closed. Didn't even last 4 hours.

Good thing I skipped class to register as soon as it opened.

Divisions will be announced Monday.

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back