CAG Grifball Team's Child's Play Charity Drive! $1612.50 raised to date!

I'll be PMing this information to HotshotX, but I figured I'd also post it here to let everyone know.

I, Project Tanked will be gone for 5-7 days Starting August 10. This will make me unable to play the two games on August 14.

Hey guys. I'm leeching internet from my condo in Missouri. I just wanted to wish you luck in your games tonight. Win one for your lazy teammate on vacation!

[quote name='Draekon']Decided to give that Gamevee site a shot for the hell of it:

http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/ToT_vs_CAG__Winning_Goal/569906[/quote]

The funny thing was, I had no idea you were coming, and was wondering how you traversed half the field so quickly. I even dropped the ball planning to defend it, but then you coming flying in and wipe out half their team.

That play was definitely our highlight of the regular season. Awesome, awesome way to finish up.

~HotShotX

[quote name='SynGamer']Meh...he only took out 3 of them, weak.[/quote]

He took out 2 of them with zero shields. That's pretty damn good, and lucky as fuck.

~HotShotX

I apologize, but I will not be able to make it to practice tonight. I will probably be home at 10:15 or 10:30 PM EST and will gladly practice if it is still going.

[quote name='TankedGrif']I apologize, but I will not be able to make it to practice tonight. I will probably be home at 10:15 or 10:30 PM EST and will gladly practice if it is still going.[/quote]

Understood.

~HotShotX

caggriflogo-1.jpg

Here is a large version of the logo i created for the team if you guys want to use it. keep up the Great Work.

Hockey: Playoffs start next week. I'll update the OP when the brackets are released.

Jake: That emblem looks awesome. I'm swapping out the old emblem. :)

~HotShotX

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']did ksc ever give you guys your highlight video?[/quote]

That guy is busting his ass for the team. I can guarantee that when it is completed, the Highlight reel will be awesome. I have over 40 clips on my Desktop as it is, and still awaiting the final clips for editing.

However, if you can't wait for CAG Grifball shenanigans, Grifball.com has finally posted Part 1 of the GBSML08 highlights, two of which belong to CAG (although one is a blooper).

http://grifball.com/home.php?id=164

~HotShotX

Delivering a CAG Grifball Update:

Unfortunately our season is over, and we were defeated in the first round of playoffs by mega team SOLAR, and not Asian Platypus that we were originally supposed to play. Aside from that, CAG had an amazing second season, grew exponentially in experience and absurdity, and led a 9-1 seasonal record.

After taking some time off between seasons, I'm now back to work determining how I want the Fall season to be run, and still working with KSC on CAG's Summer League 08 highlights (about 90% done), which will be released soon. I'll keep this thread updated as things develop.

One thing I can recommend however, is that any CAGs interested in playing on the Grifball Team in the Fall Season should start warming up your skills now, because I am interested in running a Legacy CAG Team of 8 members, as well as a Rookie CAG Team of however many members are interested, max 8.

Stay tuned to this thread for details.

~HotShotX

After 4 weeks of sporadic work, the CAG Highlight Reel for the Summer 2008 season is completed and available for download!

The file clocks in at a hefty 338MB, and is zipped down to about 250MB, and is over 18 minutes long. It covers all team members, and showcases our progress over this season. I encourage everyone to check it out and leave us feedback.

I'll be posting more mirrors later today if availability becomes an issue. Aside from that, I'm still working on details for the upcoming season.

CAG Summer 2008 Highlight Video

~HotShotX

RECRUITMENT DETAILS
If you are interested in playing for the CAG Grifball Team in the Fall 2008 Season, post here in the thread with the following information:

CAG Name:
XBL Gamertag:
Preferred Team: Rookie or Veteran
Preferred Position: Defender, Tank, Trick Runner, Hybrid

(Positions can be learned about here) Bear in mind, that the captain for the Rookie Team will likely be a Hybrid or Trick Runner, and must be capable of calling out plays and commands to the rest of the team, and not be a dick (something I myself fail at at times).

I'm thinking we will have an informal practice/scrimmage on Saturday at 9pm EST-Whenever, and use the time to get to know everyone, learn the game, and see how everyone plays. I won't be keeping track of stats (but I will be reviewing them) in regards to team selection, but more on getting the basics down.

If you'd like to learn more about Grifball before saturday (see: preferred), you can see how the game works here, review the game's rules here, and view CAG's Summer 2008 Highlight video here (File Size is 250 MB, and 18+ Minutes Long).

Bear in mind, Grifball is a highly exciting sport where the tide of the game can turn in an instant (as our highlight reel shows). That being said, it is imperative that each team member have a stable and strong internet connection, so bear in mind that your connection to your potential teammates will have a bearing on your standing in the team, as will many other attributes, yay Excel.

Other requirements (that I can think of at the time, are as follows):
XBL Gold Account
Headset

With all of that in mind, come join us in kicking ass next season.

~HotShotX

eliter1
eliter1
either
Hybrid

Would really like to join the team but I cannot play on Saturday since I am moving into college.

Dastly75
Dastly
Veteran
Hybrid

You may or may not be familiar with me from a few CAG halo nights. Depending on when practice is, my time to commit may vary. I am usually most free later in the night(11 PM EST-3 AM EST). I learn fairly fast once I know how things go. I prefer teams that use positive reinforcement and logical thinking. My bottom line is to just have fun.
If you need an alternate player(to sub in when needed) I could be that as well if that works better for you.

Admittedly, this is a bit last minute, but there's been a change in plan regarding Saturday Night's Grifball.

Long story short, Grifball.com is hosting a tournament (aka a Bum-Rush) for players that have never played a Grifball game before. The tournament will consist of 16 veteran captains each taking 3 rookies under their wing, and each team of 4 fighting for victory.

For those of you who have expressed interest in joining the CAG team, I recommend participating in this Bum-Rush if you are available. Here's how to get involved:

First, sign up for an account on the RoosterTeeth Forums:
http://www.roosterteeth.com/members/signup.php

Second, sign up for the Bum-Rush when this thread unlocks, at 9:30pm EST, it WILL fill up fast, so get your F5's ready, and have your RT Name and Gamertag ready:
http://www.roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2217650

Third, pay close attention to this thread to see which Captain you have been paired up with, and get in touch with them ASAP:
http://www.roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2217651

Lastly, have fun. Bum-Rushes are quick, single day tournaments that will basicially be your crash course into Grifball League gameplay. After the Bum-Rush is over, get in touch with me on XBL and we'll all meet up and go from there.

PM me if you have any questions (and yes, I will be signing up as a Captain).

~HotShotX

A reminder that CAG is still recruiting members for the Grifball Team, post here in the thread with all the necessary info if you are interested.

I imagine playing together sometime saturday night would be a good idea.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']A reminder that CAG is still recruiting members for the Grifball Team, post here in the thread with all the necessary info if you are interested.

I imagine playing together sometime saturday night would be a good idea.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Still taking names for new recruits. I might be unavailable for a practice tomorrow night, but I'll find out tonight. If I can make it, practice will be tomorrow (Saturday) at 10pm EST.

So far I have the following new recruits:
Eminemobied12, Dastly75, KingBroly, eliter1

and the presumed to be returning CAG Vets:
HotShotX, Draekon, SynGamer, Fullmetal, Project Tanked, Blind.

As I mentioned before, I will be taking a lot of statistics down with regards to which team each member plays on, but those "deciding games" won't be for some time, after everyone has gotten several practices under their belts, and many different team combinations have been played.

~HotShotX

Practice in 30 minutes, look for me online soon, come join the squad. We're still looking for fresh recruits, so if you're interested, come on out (of the closet).

~HotShotX

[quote name='Monstarr']On what day will the league games be on?[/quote]

To be determined on two things:

1. When the Fall League starts and available times are listed.
2. The decision of the teammates based on available times.

I usually present the list of times to the time and ask for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks.

~HotShotX

CAG Name: G33
XBL Gamertag:
Preferred Team: Rookie
Preferred Position: Tank

I haven't played grifball in a while (after a four month hiatus), so I'll be a little rusty on my hammer timing. I just played some yesterday and did okay (won two Hammerzweit games, though my timing was a hair off), so I should be average, at least. I'll see if I can join the next practice to see where I stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get a practice together for this Friday at 9pm EST, and possibly this weekend (time TBD). If you're interested in playing for the team, sign up here with the details I need (if you haven't already), and come on out.

~HotShotX

I've decided that this weekend, the following weekend, and any practices we can get in between will be used to train and develop the two teams as much as possible, culminating in a series of 20 games over the third weekend from which those stats will be used to determine the final teams.

In short:
Oct. 4-5, 9pm EST (Practice)
Oct. 11-12, TBD (Scrimmages)
Oct. 18-19, TBD (Placement Games)

The scrimmages will be regular pick-up games, with varying team combinations. The placement games however, will be a bit more strict, as I will be organizing the opposition for those games as well as pre-determining the team combinations to be played. Rookies, you will be playing against both Veteran and Rookie teams, so expect a challenge.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Draekon']And I still love that clip. Wish they wouldof pronounced my name right though. :p[/quote]
At least they said it was possibly the best clip ever. If only you hadn't died after the double kill ;)

Pssh. I did my job well enough bitch. Besides, if I hadn't died, HotShot wouldn't of gotten the double beatdown on the way in. :p

[quote name='Draekon']Pssh. I did my job well enough bitch.[/quote]

You're damn right you did.

Practice tomorrow night at 9pm EST kiddies.

~HotShotX

A reminder that we are trying to play all 3 of our games in the RIP John Tournament tonight starting at 9pm EST. Let's meet around then, get warmed up, and crush all 3 of these teams.

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back