CAG Grifball Team's Child's Play Charity Drive! $1612.50 raised to date!

[quote name='SynGamer']Not sure if anyone noticed but there's a Part 2 to the week one highlight reel and HotShotX made it :D About 2 minutes in ;)

http://www.grifball.com/home.php

Click Grifball - GBSL08 Highlights Week One (should be the first option below the video)[/quote]

The "Part 2" in the title simply refers to the Spring League 08, there isn't a "Part 1" for the SL08, just co clarify.

And yes, I made the highlight reel, woot! :) Aside from that, I found an interesting message on the Division Six thread:

Posted 16 hours ago, 4/04/08, 2:31pm
well, Neoseeker's fucked. Our four best players quit. gg Grifball, gg.

(Neoseeker will remain in the league and try to still play. However, considering we're down to only four players, we may have to forfeit a game or two.)
We play Neoseeker next week, followed by Cannonball.

~HotShotX

I was playing some of that double exp grifball playlist yesterday, and my rep went down 5%. I guess some people can't stand it when I end a game with a +17 k/d.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I was playing some of that double exp grifball playlist yesterday, and my rep went down 5%. I guess some people can't stand it when I end a game with a +17 k/d.[/quote]

It might be because people jumping into it for the first time don't realize that Betrayals happen way more frequently than in regular games. You may know that, but your stranger teammates might not have. If you know the folks you're playing with, they should understand that in close quarters team killing is a certainty. I wouldn't sweat it.

I should be done working today around 7-8pm. You guys want to get a group together and do the Grifball playlist tonight?

EDIT: I also watched the highlight reel again at my school, and heard the commentary just fine, apparently I've created the "Chun-Li". :)

EDIT 2: Oh, and if anyone was wondering which member of Cannonball I "bounced" off of in that highlight:
It was the Commissioner of the Spring League, TTL Quikthnker.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I should be done working today around 7-8pm. You guys want to get a group together and do the Grifball playlist tonight?[/quote]

I'll be on around 8-9PM EST I guess seeing as I've fixed my computer shit that's been bitching at me for the last day and a half. If nobody else shows up, we can at least invite some random CAGs to fill in spots so we don't end up with team killers and the like.

Practice is at 10pm EST, but I have an exam tomorrow that I need to study for. Draekon is in charge, fill my spot with John Ketch, Kendal, or another CAG and reign hell in the hopper and practice plays (or getting atop the truck).

Remember that we play Neoseeker and Cannonball this week. I'm still a bit annoyed by our loss against Super Happy Sunshine (4-5 is always more painful than 0-9), so I'm expecting to go 2-0 this week.

~HotShotX

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, so far it's myself and fullmetal so we might call it an early night.[/quote]

That's fine, I'll be back on tomorrow night and we are gonna practice hard tomorrow and tuesday so we can kick ass wendesday.

This is an open invite to any CAGs who want to help us train this week. Just shoot me a message on Live around 9pm EST. Practice will begin then.

~HotShotX

Yeah, sorry about that it was beyond my control. The electricity went out and then I got an automated call through the ground phone about 10 minutes after that saying, "We'll be turning off your power for two hours to fix a problem further up your line. We're sorry for any inconvenience." Which was around 6PM EST. Well it wasn't up by 10PM EST so I went to bed but then I think the electricity turning back on woke me up around 10:45 or so.

Practice is at 10pm EST, but I have an exam tomorrow that I need to study for. Draekon is in charge, fill my spot with John Ketch, Kendal, or another CAG and reign hell in the hopper and practice plays (or getting atop the truck).

Remember that we play Neoseeker and Cannonball this week. I'm still a bit annoyed by our loss against Super Happy Sunshine (4-5 is always more painful than 0-9), so I'm expecting to go 2-0 this week.

~HotShotX

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, so far it's myself and fullmetal so we might call it an early night.[/quote]

That's fine, I'll be back on tomorrow night and we are gonna practice hard tomorrow and tuesday so we can kick ass wendesday.

This is an open invite to any CAGs who want to help us train this week. Just shoot me a message on Live around 9pm EST. Practice will begin then.

~HotShotX

Yeah, sorry about that it was beyond my control. The electricity went out and then I got an automated call through the ground phone about 10 minutes after that saying, "We'll be turning off your power for two hours to fix a problem further up your line. We're sorry for any inconvenience." Which was around 6PM EST. Well it wasn't up by 10PM EST so I went to bed but then I think the electricity turning back on woke me up around 10:45 or so.

I've got class on Tuesdays from 7-11, so there's no way i would've been on tonight, but you can count on me to be there tomorrow @ 7ish central.

That was an awesome game last night with the CAGs. We need more of them.

Practice begins again tonight at 10pm EST. We encourage all CAGs to join us.

~HotShotX

Good games last night CAG, I had a blast. Luckily my debut was against a couple of cupcakes, but I'll take what I can get.

Well Syn obviously wasn't there, and neither were Ketch or HotShot. So, with basically nobody on I'm calling it quits for the night then.

Honestly, we don't need to practice Thursday or Friday. I'd even venture to say Sat. and Sun. we don't need to either. Perhaps Monday, but definitely Tuesday and Wed. we need to practice.

Hey guys, i had a meeting that went past 10 PM tonight so i just got home. Going to shower, get some homework done and get some sleep. I'll be on tomorrow though definitely!

The pre-summer league "bum rush" tournaments have begun, and I know Syn and Draekon are on board, but we need a 4th man. Any takers? (Ketch, you have priority, so get in touch with me).

~HotShotX

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, that was a waste...[/quote]

Sorry, but with being swamped all day with work and research, and an exam tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to play even if I did get the notice in time.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Sorry, but with being swamped all day with work and research, and an exam tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to play even if I did get the notice in time.

~HotShotX[/quote]
Yeah, my fault, i remember about 20 minutes prior to signups and didn't get the post up in time.

[quote name='Smeag']At what date/ time are the games being held? I would like to join the squad.[/quote]

If it's anything like last season, I will sign the team up for a time slot that best suits the team's schedule.

In short, if everyone is available for and wants to do the Wednesday 8:30pm CST slot, I would sign up for that. Time slots won't be determined for some time. Practice is likely to be an hour a night, every night, for anyone that can make it, and we'll practice plays amongst ourselves or scrimmage other teams.

~HotShotX

Yeah, I was awake but wasn't paying attention to my computer at all when you signed us up, Syn. :p

Anyways, it's Grifball Weekend. Maybe we should get some time in on that. It'd be free exp for us away.

[quote name='Draekon']Yeah, I was awake but wasn't paying attention to my computer at all when you signed us up, Syn. :p

Anyways, it's Grifball Weekend. Maybe we should get some time in on that. It'd be free exp for us away.[/quote]
Awesome, jumping on now if anyone is interested.

I want to be on the team. Wednesday 8:30pm CST slot, is cool with me. Im sick with the hammer. Let me know if you want me or when tryouts will be.

I'm very interested, but will probably have to wait until future signups. I've got a baby due in 8 days so I don't think I can provide the type of commitment you'd be expecting right now. In a couple months for future seasons or whatever, I'd be interested for sure.

I could be available this weekend to play some double XP Grifball...please shoot me a message if you see me on.

Is the summer league map any different?

[quote name='SynGamer']If anyone wants to play right now, jump on. Hopefully the kiddies are in bed by now.[/quote]

Let me finish my sandwich and I'll be on.

~HotShotX

Updated the OP again, Summer League opens July 1st, with 1st week of games probably the week after.

We've got work to do. I'll try setting up a couple of days and times where we can scrimmage other teams on a regular basis.

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back