CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='Darknyss']Well we were able to get 2 vs 2 for one game but once Shogun left we decided to stop. Hopefully next week works better for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, I hated to leave especially since the 'teams' were finally balanced but the dinner call was earlier than expected. Been a while too since I played KZ2, and with the new maps I was pumped up to play...where has everybody gone?

[quote name='shogun316']where has everybody gone?[/QUOTE]
we had a decent turnout last time we played normal maps. its just that most havent bought any map packs.

We need the thread title changed for next week, like today, to give people advanced notice.

Copy & Paste for Phoenix since he has a different calendar than everyone else :lol::
Thurs, August 6th @ 9PM EST

We can go back to normal maps next week. But, in my opinion, our goal should be to mix in the new maps as much as possible. I'm not sure that everyone will want to play the same ol' Radec/Depot/Market every week!

If any regulars need the Napalm & Cordite pack, send me a PM.

Yeah, that 2v2 was great! It's definitely a different experience playing Search & Retrieve with a small number of people. You can actually get the Propaganda Speaker and run with it for a ways, instead of picking it up and getting killed immediately.

One of you guys (Darknyss?) killed me just as I was about to deliver the speaker on Beach Head. I hid behind the wall near the beach, and then tried to run by, and I was killed literally 5 feet from the drop point. I laughed so hard.

[quote name='silks']Yeah, that 2v2 was great! It's definitely a different experience playing Search & Retrieve with a small number of people. You can actually get the Propaganda Speaker and run with it for a ways, instead of picking it up and getting killed immediately.

One of you guys (Darknyss?) killed me just as I was about to deliver the speaker on Beach Head. I hid behind the wall near the beach, and then tried to run by, and I was killed literally 5 feet from the drop point. I laughed so hard.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, S&R was a blast! We just barely scored at the last second to make it a draw.

I need to adjust my round timers. I created that rotation right before we started and kinda rushed it.

That was my first time playing that map. It's pretty cool... although airbots are killer there :bomb:

[quote name='Darknyss']We need the thread title changed for next week, like today, to give people advanced notice.

Copy & Paste for Phoenix since he has a different calendar than everyone else :lol::
Thurs, August 6th @ 9PM EST

We can go back to normal maps next week. But, in my opinion, our goal should be to mix in the new maps as much as possible. I'm not sure that everyone will want to play the same ol' Radec/Depot/Market every week!

If any regulars need the Napalm & Cordite pack, send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Thread title fixed accordingly!

[quote name='PantsParty']I'm not sure if this has already been asked but will the Assault class be available to play?[/QUOTE]
Assault is on, but rockets and the grenade launcher are off.

I would be interested in the game night but I've never played the game online and I have no new maps. I just started to continue with the campaign a few days ago from playing a long while ago.

I wish I could do custom controls I do not like the default options.

feel free to join us anyway. even if you dont have anyone here on your friends list, all the info you need to find the game is in the first post. we arent as good as super dedicated clans/players, but we are good enough for our own purposes. so dont get discouraged if you dont do so well. keep joining the cag nights and youll improve.

Yeah, typically there's only a small number of us (four, lately), so the games are small-scale, competitive, and fun. We only played for a short time last week (an hour, tops) but it was a good time.

[quote name='AllahBomber']feel free to join us anyway. even if you dont have anyone here on your friends list, all the info you need to find the game is in the first post. we arent as good as super dedicated clans/players, but we are good enough for our own purposes. so dont get discouraged if you dont do so well. keep joining the cag nights and youll improve.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys I will try to make it tonight. I really like to try the online component to see if I like it at all. The single player so far is great.

I've been playing this and LPB a lot lately.

Good news! I will be showing up tonight. Not going out of town until tomorrow morning :) Hope the turnout's good!

Sorry I couldn't make it this week guys. Real life intervened at the last minute and I wound up not even being home last night.

As much as we try to keep these clan nights alive, I fear that we're not going to get much additional participation regardless of how much we advertise. :whistle2:(

I'll keep updating the OP until we consider putting this thread to pasture, though I hate to give the SOCOM groupies more things to brag about.

I agree with you Eco :whistle2:( Those SOCOM guys have it wrong though. Bigger, yes, but not better!

On DLC.. We haven't had enough people with the packs showing up and so we don't use them. However, I'm willing to gameshare packs 1 and 2 to very active members.

I highly doubt I'll be on tonight, guys. Had a last-minute dinner with the in-laws sprung on for tonight, so that will knock me out of contention.

I should be on for next week's night.

:(

perhaps its just a summer thing like what happen to UT3 night. maybe in the fall things will pick back up when people need an escape from their school work.

For me, short bursts and running + shooting works best. The weapons are so strong that standing still for even 1 second can sometimes result in death. I'm always on the move. For aiming problems, just keep tweaking your y and x axis sensibilities until you get comfortable.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Any tips for a newbie to Killzone 2? Having a little trouble with the aiming. I'm guessing short burst and not running while shooting.[/QUOTE]

Patience and practice. Also I seem to do better when not shooting down the barrel, but that could just be me.

bread's done
Back