CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='QiG']I'm gonna try and make it tonight since I'll be trophy hunting again after work (going for the symbols and every level without dying now). You're on my list from when you were making LBP levels and you can get in that way.[/quote]

awesome...

what time tonight? 9pm right?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']awesome...

what time tonight? 9pm right?[/quote]

Far as I know.. if I'm slacking go ahead and message me because I lose track of time easily and I don't have a clock in my line of sight while playing. ;)

Good games tonight, I was killing it in the first and last map I played.. the ones inbetween... Not so much. I think doing the Radec fight in SP over and over and over and over and over and over and over til I made it through without dying was a good warm up pre-match ;)

Awesome games last night. Sucks I got kicked offline during Salamon Market.

And THANK YOU for banning rockets. The game is sooo much better without them!

Anyone get the weekly honor rank trophies recently? I was thinking about going for them soon and wondered around how many points I'd need for the week.

And yeah, good games, and while I liked not being blasted by rockets every two seconds, I didn't like not being able to choose assault class as I was hoping to get a boost ribbon or two last night.

At one point during assassination I thought it would be a good idea to put a spawn in the others team spawn.

The target ended up being like half a map away. :/

Yes thank you for banning rockets, but could you possibly do it by banning individual weapons and not whole assault class, I would like to be able to have boost as my secondary ability. Otherwise much more fun and competitive matches, except the 1-6 destruction, it was funny hearing someone say "well there goes the shutout" over proximity chat.

Spawning in blinded by a mixture of smoke from the spawn point and grenade explosions, while people around you are dying and reviving, is oddly amusing - in a chaotic way.

What's up with the "CheapAssGamer" clan led by, and only consisting of, one dude?

[quote name='GodlyOne']Spawning in blinded by a mixture of smoke from the spawn point and grenade explosions, while people around you are dying and reviving, is oddly amusing - in a chaotic way.

What's up with the "CheapAssGamer" clan led by, and only consisting of, one dude?[/QUOTE]
The $CAG clan? That's just whats left of the old Alpha clan after we merged. Neverletthem should move on over with us. :cool:

Edit: Oh I guess you're talking about this clan. Not sure.

[quote name='Sarrasis']The $CAG clan? That's just whats left of the old Alpha clan after we merged. Neverletthem should move on over with us. :cool:

Edit: Oh I guess you're talking about this clan. Not sure.[/quote]

That reminds me, I think I was about the only $CAG member I saw last night. TMK.. I didn't realize why you asked the other night, but can you move me over if it's not really active?

[quote name='mguiddy']I didn't like not being able to choose assault class as I was hoping to get a boost ribbon or two last night.[/quote]

[quote name='MisterBee']Yes thank you for banning rockets, but could you possibly do it by banning individual weapons and not whole assault class, I would like to be able to have boost as my secondary ability. [/quote]

ditto

[quote name='GodlyOne']
What's up with the "CheapAssGamer" clan led by, and only consisting of, one dude?[/quote]
I think Casey was just being a dick... ;):lol:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why didn't you guys name one of the clans CheapAssGamer? Surely that would have bypassed the filter. Also why no CAG clan tag? That dollar sign looks kind of lame.[/quote]

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I did. :cool:

Didn't know if Mana was going to support this game, and I didn't want it to be a failure like GTA was. I thought the game would be too violent for his tastes and I doubted that he would be a fan. As far as disbanding the clan, I don't see that happening. I think I am going to try and set up something along the lines of CAGtac and so it is going to be fairly exclusive. I think it is going to be one of those, we'll call you, don't contact us type of things too.[/quote]

Though, I guess he never called anyone. :lol:

[quote name='MisterBee']Yes thank you for banning rockets, but could you possibly do it by banning individual weapons and not whole assault class, I would like to be able to have boost as my secondary ability. Otherwise much more fun and competitive matches, except the 1-6 destruction, it was funny hearing someone say "well there goes the shutout" over proximity chat.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that was me. One of my favorite pieces of trash talk.

I got my assault badge last night but couldn't try it out, and now I know why. I don't know if there's something annoying about this class, but if not, I'd also agree with the vote for just banning the rocket launchers.

Glad I finally got in on a CAG match. I hadn't played one except for one other time, but it was my first time playing KZ2 online and I sucked hard. Now I just regular suck.

[quote name='mguiddy']I think Casey was just being a dick... ;):lol:

Though, I guess he never called anyone. :lol:[/QUOTE]
hahaha, I'm sending him a clan challenge... just to be a dick :lol:

Damn missed KZ2 because of Star Trek. Couldn't take a HDTV+PS3 with me to the IMAX...

I don't get the rocket hate... But I don't want to make a big deal out of it either. I might be able to join the match on Saturday for a bit.

DD83, I still have not managed to get any of the weekly honor trophies, but I heard people suggesting to play just bodycount games(Personally I like ones with all the game types) for like an hour each night to get some major pointage for the week to earn them.

Great games last night -- tacticians need to learn how to THROW THE SPAWN GRENADES CORRECTLY.

It's great fun when the other team keeps spawning backwards and you kill them before they turn around, but certainly doesn't help our teams cause.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Great games last night -- tacticians need to learn how to THROW THE SPAWN GRENADES CORRECTLY.

It's great fun when the other team keeps spawning backwards and you kill them before they turn around, but certainly doesn't help our teams cause.[/QUOTE]
You were on the wrong team man.. ours rocked :booty:

And the lamp in my tv blew today so no PS3 for me for a few days. :cry:

[quote name='zenprime']
DD83, I still have not managed to get any of the weekly honor trophies, but I heard people suggesting to play just bodycount games(Personally I like ones with all the game types) for like an hour each night to get some major pointage for the week to earn them.[/quote]
Yeah, I did some googleing and found a good way to see where I stand (killzone.com weekly stats) and an estimation of how many points I'll need (6k is average, but right now, to be in the top 1%, I'd need around 4300 points, so far).
[quote name='Ecofreak']Great games last night -- tacticians need to learn how to THROW THE SPAWN GRENADES CORRECTLY.

It's great fun when the other team keeps spawning backwards and you kill them before they turn around, but certainly doesn't help our teams cause.[/quote]
You know, sometimes you get killed right as you're tossing the grenade and can't help it fucking up okay. :lol:

im thinking getting those honor rank trophies will get easier as time goes on and people play less. thats pretty much what im waiting for since theres no way i could play 1 game that long.

:lol: blame TMk on the spawn grenades... always turn around when tossing them >_<

people spawn the opposite direction you toss them in... I was expecting people to know this on the games since people don't know most of the time online, but nope :lol:

it was fun anyway.

[quote name='joshr915']im thinking getting those honor rank trophies will get easier as time goes on and people play less. thats pretty much what im waiting for since theres no way i could play 1 game that long.[/quote]
Possibly... though, it could be opposite.
Right now, there's ~180,000 that played this week, so you'd need to be in the top ~1,800 people. If you wait a few more months, there could only be ~50,000 active people, and most of the time those will probably the hardcore players that play ALL the time, so it may be harder to get in the top ~500 then than it is to get in the top ~1,800 now.

Good games guys. I had a good time. Getting my ass kicked...:boxing: I felt like this at times
:joystick:
It was the 1st time I played the game in a couple of weeks and it showed. I hope to make it more often to CAG night.

Disappointing turnout but it was still pretty fun. Thanks for a great game Godlyone. I got 3 ribbons including my first turret one! I think it was Xeph who showed up later on and kept getting me from the higher levels :( Left so soon though..

Not in the same CAG clan and no one on my friends list was playing so I was looking for a game but didn't even see one. Been playing all night though

[quote name='Invin']Disappointing turnout but it was still pretty fun. Thanks for a great game Godlyone. I got 3 ribbons including my first turret one! I think it was Xeph who showed up later on and kept getting me from the higher levels :( Left so soon though..[/quote]

yeah I went there at 6:30 and it was only you and godly.
Sorry for not staying long
Was trying to get some badges but that map just wasn't good for them lol.
Hope next week will have a better turnout =)

[quote name='Darvan']I'll be at the next game I've been missing out and I still haven't purchased the map packs yet zeesh[/quote]

I know people have been moaning and groaning about it, but I highly recommend them. I was on the fence at first but after popping in on them last night to get the respective trophies and ending up staying for multiple matches, I've become quite a fan of both of them.

[quote name='Xeph820']i can't get the new map pack yet
no credit carddd =([/quote]

Have paypal? Fund your paypal account and download the paypal plug-in to generate a virtual CC number

bread's done
Back