CAG Maintenance/Upgrade - Now Live!

Just noticed also that the full site on mobile also cuts off a significant portion of the left and right sides of the page. Like, half of most people's usernames are gone and the site won't allow you to either zoom out all the way to see the edges or even scroll over to see what's being cut off.
Does it change in any way when you change orientation on your phone/tablet? Like going from portrait to landscape?

I keep Dolphin set to always display in Landscape, but I just switched to Portrait to test it and it's doing the same thing there too.

This is the furthest I can zoom out:

[attachment=11544:Screenshot_2015-01-29-15-52-33.png]

Last edited by a moderator:
What I like:

The main page looks good.  Lots of info all concises.

What I don't mind:  

The new page only utilizes about 1/2 the available screen space

What I dislike:

Because this forum/layout is using only 1/2 the screen space, whatever font you've changed to is MUCH MUCH smaller.

I'm on Chrome, 27" 1080 monitor.  It's TINY.  And the quotes... it makes my head spin to read them.

I know nothing about coding since they added frames to HTML but this genuinely hurts.  I notice John and Cheapy are very much making this a better site but the font thing... I dunno.  Hurts my eyes.  If you want a comparison, it's kind of like looking at a 3DS with the 3DS full on.  You can do it, but if you do it for too long your eyes/head hurt.

I found what could be a (minor) quirk. When I hover over someone's feedback percentage in a forum post it auto expands and shows their positive and negative numbers. It doesn't do that in a conversation, is that intended? If someone starts a convo with me I'd like to be able to see their numbers in that convo instead of having to go out and check.
Actually it looks like there may be a deeper issue inside conversations. In this thread you can see my list of games is at 14 (wish list and completed games are both "-" cuz I suck), but in a conversation all of those details show as "-".

Is there any way to un-bold the thread titles when you're viewing the main forum? I don't know if it's the font change or something else, but it's harder to read and kinda hurts my eyes. :(

I hope CAG Mobile gets fixed at some point to restore it to its original mobile-friendly form. It just brings up the desktop site by default with no mobile option and that's been the case since fall of 2014 at the latest. I noticed today that pinch to zoom is broken, so there's a lot of scrolling/swiping needed to navigate the "new" CAG on my phone.

Are the reply boxes ever going to be resizable horizontally? I use Windows 7/8's split window functionality (drag a window to one edge of the screen to have it take up half of the screen and the same to the other side) to update OPs of threads I run and it's always frustrating that CAG cannot rejigger itself to make the best use of this Windows feature.

It would be nice if the console-specific subforms appeared alongside Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo on the forums drop down menu at the top to save an extra click/load since those are the specific forums we're going to anyway.

No inline editing of posts anymore? Trying to edit this post takes me to the full edit page.

I'm not sure if I'm just missing this or not, but the collection stuff is still pretty poor. I feel like the section on the site is not really all that functional when you can't change the ownership or beaten/playing options on the same page. It's a ton of needless changing of sections or opening up the game's page to click on the "add to collection" button but not having a "I'm playing this now" or "I've beaten this" option on there seems like a missed opportunity. I don't see any of this stuff in the OP anywhere, but this is the sort of stuff that makes me prefer to just update a spreadsheet and ignore CAG's collection stuff even when I was willing to go through the work of adding all of the stuff I own.

It also seems that messing with the width of the browser (Chrome here) to the point where the horizontal bar shows up at the bottom of the page, the left side of the page is cut off to about the first letter of every poster's username.

How about a link to the CAGbag thread on the CAGcast drop down menu next to the link to the latest thread?

Just popping in to say good job with the redesign/upgrade, guys! It's kind of crazy, but it feels like this is what we have been waiting for for the past year and a half. I don't have an issue with font/size in Chrome on PC (but I also zoom my pages in a bit to help my crap vision), and everything looks great in my opinion.

It looks much more slick and polished than 3.0...especially the front page. It's organized well and actually draws your attention to active topics/deals. And best of all, it's wayyy faster. Things got kind of ugly for awhile...but this is a huge step in the right direction. Great work!

Inbox and notification tabs work fine; however, when I click on my avatar, it just signs me out rather than taking me to my profile. Anyone else having this problem? Other than that, I'm really digging the new changes. Nicely done!

Mobile home page is broken for me in IE on Windows Phone 8.1. I can't navigate to any pages by tapping on pics/links.

Site is fairly brutal on ipad imo, the sides being cut off are a real problem for me. Hopefully things will clean up in the near future.

Too many pages to read at this point. Sorry if I upset someone with bringing up a subject already brought up, but I use the bus for my morning commute and spend all of my commute reading the CAG forums on my iPhone 4s.  Well, after the update, theres no way to zoom in or out on the posts, and they're a little sloppy on the mobile browser.  Is this going to get an update, or is there one on the way?  Didn't want to be the dude to come on here and piss all over the update, because I like it so far, but that little situation really took a fat shit on my morning news intake.  I hope you guys come up with a fix.  Thank you.  And keep up the solid work!

Contrast between text and background seems worse, and the smaller font in quotes seems unnecessary.

Highlighting the avatar icon in the upper right should open a menu with shortcuts to my content, followed, profile, collection, and a logout option instead of just being a logout button (even though there's no indication) and that other stuff being under the forums tab.

I like a lot of these new features, but I have to agree that on desktop the text on the forum appears smaller for some reason.

I especially like that you can see what everybody has been recently playing to the right of their username.

Not really a fan of the new look in the forums, personally. The top left of each post seems way too busy while the bottom left side is completely empty. I'm sure I'll get used to it after a while though.

I just want the text bigger or I'll probably have to go elsewhere because as funny as this sounds I'm not getting younger and messing my already fucked sight trying to read this miniscule text will only make it worse for years to come. I know it's been said this wasn't to make the forum more mobile friendly again it sure does feel that way with what we're seeing.

I can't complain too much although did notice one bug (literally just 30 seconds ago). Was informed there was a new post and when I clicked "show me" on the pop up that appears, nothing happened and I had to refresh in order to see the new post.

That, and the whole ability of wanting to be able to have an easy way of going back to my profile which seems to have disappeared as already mentioned.

Aside from that, just a matter of getting used to the new look. I want to say the new mobile layout looks cleaner, but to be honest, I typically just go straight to the forums and don't interact with the rest of the site often. But the icons on the top of the mobile screen not requiring a full page load is nice.

Not having the issues with mobile that others are however. None of my threads / posts are cut off. No ability to zoom, but I don't recall being able to do that in the past regardless. Using Chrome on my Android phone for any mobile users who may be having issue.

Edit: Concerning an easy way to access profiles, it just caught my eye that it's hiding under the forum tab (with other "quick links") at the top. Feels a bit out of place and can see others getting frustrated with it not being at an easy to spot place.

In the List's section searching for games is very slow most of the time for me. Sometimes it won't show any results and after half a minute or so later retyping the name might bring the results your looking for.

Is that a problem for anyone else?

Can't use mobile site anymore since everything is too zoomed in(cut off on the right and left) and there is no way to zoom out. I have to scroll left and right just to read a full sentence now.

0a7aea89de.png

Can't use mobile site anymore since everything is too zoomed in(cut off on the right and left) and there is no way to zoom out. I have to scroll left and right just to read a full sentence now.

0a7aea89de.png
This. Site looks pretty bad on my iPad right now. Plus the font is too small. Is there a way to increase it?

I do appreciate that you guys are trying to keep the site fresh and hopefully these minor issues can get corrected.

I'm liking the update so far. My main issue right now is that there's no longer any easy way to get to my user settings preferences-- the icon in the upper right with my avatar just takes me to the main page, and logs me out.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, since going by a quick search of this thread, no one else has brought it up (if someone else already has, my apologies).

When you hover over a person's statistics next to their avatar, it shows their original username instead of their current one.

Using Windows 7, Firefox 35.0.1.

Reported:
  • Accessing the 'Quick Links' with a click of the profile pic similar to clicking our username previously would be great! Also, maybe the exact same drop down list as in the past... I used 'My Gallery' frequently. I think I read there's a fix for this coming! :)
  • Everything but the actual post text seems slightly smaller and/or thinner. Doesn't bother me much, but that's what I noticed.
  • The "x new replies added. Show me" clicking is not new to this upgrade. It has not worked for months. Hopefully it gets fixed!
  • Clicking images in my case enlarges the image at the very bottom of the page. The darkening of the background actually darkens the enlarged pic as well. Makes it even harder to see.
Unreported(?):
  • WYSIWYG editor is NOT exactly WYSIWYG, at least in terms of font/size (text editor shows old font/size). Only after clicking 'Preview Post' is it. Somewhat annoying, but not a big deal.
  • Tested removing game from 'Playing' list. Does not remove it from 'Has been playing...' line.
  • Very very minor, but this overlap is [customspoiler="not clean"]
    gallery_324715_8287_129865.png

[/customspoiler].
  • Special BBCode text in the text editor toolbar, is pretty [customspoiler="hard to see"]
    gallery_324715_8287_150438.png
    [/customspoiler]. I guess the words 'Font' and 'Size' also are.

In general guys, it's probably a good idea to include what OS/version and browser/version you are using when you report a problem.  Otherwise it may be difficult to reproduce and I'm sure John/CheapyD don't want to clutter this thread or their inboxes with questions and answers.

In other news, I have a request instead of a problem.  In desktop browsers, is it possible to have the top of the website with all the quick links and Inbox/updates link stay on the page as you scroll?  Possibly make it a separate frame or maybe something fancier?  That would be swell.  Thanks for constantly making this website better!

Sides cut-off on my iPad Air.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Same, iPad mini 3. Same problem on iPad mini original and iPhone 5s.

[attachment=11551:image.jpg]

Also, can't click on thumbnails like others mentioned,

Having these issues in Safari and Chrome when tested on iPad mini 3. Safari on other devices,

In general guys, it's probably a good idea to include what OS/version and browser/version you are using when you report a problem. Otherwise it may be difficult to reproduce and I'm sure John/CheapyD don't want to clutter this thread or their inboxes with questions and answers.

In other news, I have a request instead of a problem. In desktop browsers, is it possible to have the top of the website with all the quick links and Inbox/updates link stay on the page as you scroll? Possibly make it a separate frame or maybe something fancier? That would be swell. Thanks for constantly making this website better!
Why that would be swell. Also when I try and quote someone it goes into the full editor, I'm not a fan of that.

Unfortunately, Follow This Topic on mobile is still broken. The pop - up is mostly off-screen, and there's no way to touch the confirm or ok button - can't even see it.

Two more problems...  Another one for my front page issues: The Top Deals list always gets reset back to pictures every single time I come back to the site.  Would be nice if it would remember that I want it in list style...

Second, the WYSIWYG Editor doesn't let me Paste via my Mobile Browser.  The paste buttons are grayed out, and pasting the way you normally do on mobile (Pressing and Holding) never pops up the Paste option in the Editor.  :(

In general guys, it's probably a good idea to include what OS/version and browser/version you are using when you report a problem. Otherwise it may be difficult to reproduce and I'm sure John/CheapyD don't want to clutter this thread or their inboxes with questions and answers.

In other news, I have a request instead of a problem. In desktop browsers, is it possible to have the top of the website with all the quick links and Inbox/updates link stay on the page as you scroll? Possibly make it a separate frame or maybe something fancier? That would be swell. Thanks for constantly making this website better!
iPad is on iOS 8.1.2. Just looked at the site on my iPhone 5 on 8.1.1 and it's stuck on full on zoom mode in the forums. I have to scroll back and forth to read stuff, which becomes almost impossible with swipe back functionality. I'm constantly going back to the last page.

[attachment=11553:image.jpg]

Learning the new navigation is going to take some time. 

From what I've seen so far, the font on quotes does appear smaller as others have stated.

I gotta say, sorting and searching the collection is much easier.  Still gonna take forever to add everything.

Using Windows 7, Firefox 35.0.1.

Does anyone know how to do an 'Advanced Search' now? Simply pressing enter in the search bar doesn't work for me anymore...

EDIT: I kinda found it. It shows up after actually searching for something, but it doesn't seem to work.

This is minor, but annoying.

If you open the Notifications, then mouse over one of the links at the top (e.g. forums), the Notifications overlay doesn't close, but it blocks the other menu.

pzYCBun.png

Everytime I click my profile, it signs me out. Using Chrome.

Edit- only if I click the profile icon on the top right of the screen. If I click my profile link in a comment, it's fine.

Everytime I click my profile, it signs me out. Using Chrome.

Edit- only if I click the profile icon on the top right of the screen. If I click my profile link in a comment, it's fine.
You're not clicking your profile, that links to a log out page...

come on guys, who thought that was a smart idea?

bread's done
Back