CAG Maintenance/Upgrade - Now Live!

This is minor, but annoying.

If you open the Notifications, then mouse over one of the links at the top (e.g. forums), the Notifications overlay doesn't close, but it blocks the other menu.
If you click it again it should go away, but you probably want it to go away once you mouse away from it is that right? Did it used to do that? I've clicked it a thousand times but I don't remember. :)

Don't know if this one's been reported yet, but the search bar doesn't do a thing for me on my desktop (Firefox) have not tried on my Android.  When I say nothing, I mean it doesn't even start the throbber spinner.  Just nothing.  :(

Using Windows 7, Firefox 35.0.1.

If you highlight/click the 'Search' bar and move the mouse cursor over one of the other navigation bar menus, the flashing cursor disappears and you cannot type. I can see this being really annoying when highlighting text already entered to do another search or if one likes to move the mouse out of the way when typing in a search field.

Last edited by a moderator:
John said:
iPad fix live, let me know how it works out for you all.
Well, "Follow this topic" works on iPad (Safari) - but still not on Android phone (neither the Samsung browser nor Chrome), where the pop-up is almost entirely off screen to the left.

The mobile site is no longer super zoomed in for me. Parts of the left and right are still cut off, but I no longer have to scroll left and right to read. I am able to zoom in and out now. So I can use the mobile site now. Thanks.
I'm on safari on iphone 5s v7.06

The left side of the forums are cut off for me on iPad. Using Safari on an iPad Air 2.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I really like the new font. What's it called?

[attachment=11575:image.jpg]

Edit: Also, clicking on image attachments just brings up a black screen.

[attachment=11576:image.jpg]

The main forum logo still takes me back to the main site and not the forum. I'm using the default Android browser on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

If you click it again it should go away, but you probably want it to go away once you mouse away from it is that right? Did it used to do that? I've clicked it a thousand times but I don't remember. :)
I don't think it went away before, but I don't remember. I don't want it to close when you mouse away; I want it to close when another menu item opens.

Oh, when you quote someone, and hit backspace before you type anything else, you can no longer type anything.

Edit: Actually, it's not doing that any more.

Quick messaging has been enabled again, but if you send a quick message starting with a link, everything after the link isn't sent.

This has been present for a while.

When in desktop mode - on my iPad - the left side (feedback, game collection) stats get cutoff. Pretty much anything to the left of everybody's avatar is cutoff.
Just noticed also that the full site on mobile also cuts off a significant portion of the left and right sides of the page. Like, half of most people's usernames are gone and the site won't allow you to either zoom out all the way to see the edges or even scroll over to see what's being cut off.
Sides cut-off on my iPad Air.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Site is fairly brutal on ipad imo, the sides being cut off are a real problem for me. Hopefully things will clean up in the near future.
Same, iPad mini 3. Same problem on iPad mini original and iPhone 5s.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Also, can't click on thumbnails like others mentioned,
Having these issues in Safari and Chrome when tested on iPad mini 3. Safari on other devices,
The left side of the forums are cut off for me on iPad. Using Safari on an iPad Air 2.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I really like the new font. What's it called?
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I'm having the same problem as these fine folks. The left side of each post in the forums is cut off. Includes the first letter of the posters name and the left side of the stuff under their name. I'm using desktop mode in Safari on my iPhone 5c, iOS version 8.0.2
[attachment=11583:image.jpg]

Is there a way to increase the size of text?  Site-wide (particularly in quotes, sigs and some other areas), it's noticeably smaller than it has been previously.  (Yes, my prescription is up to date.)  I'd like to see the text increased in size somehwat (or at least the option to personalize it so).  Otherwise, the pros certainly seem to be outweighing the cons so far.

The main forum logo still takes me back to the main site and not the forum. I'm using the default Android browser on a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Isn't that what it's supposed to do? Assuming you mean the "Cheapassgamer" logo. When I click on "forums", it takes me to the forums, like I'd expect.

Would be neat to have CAG Xbox One app that lets you upload clips directly into a list or something similar. Not sure if all devs have access to that feature or if TrueAchievements has some special agreement with Microsoft.

having a hell of a time checking my user control from my tablet. when I click on forum it connects to the forums. if how you get the menu that you get on a pc when you hover.

having a hell of a time checking my user control from my tablet. when I click on forum it connects to the forums. if how you get the menu that you get on a pc when you hover.
Enter any thread, scroll to the bottom and click your icon?

Edit: After selecting the forums tab, you could also scroll to the bottom and select your name under the list of active users.

One thing that I really miss about the old site is that you could click on the Twitter feed link to get the entire feed in a separate window instead of scrolling the tiny box.

Enter any thread, scroll to the bottom and click your icon?

Edit: After selecting the forums tab, you could also scroll to the bottom and select your name under the list of active users.
Ok I am on my pc now. I am referring to the subscribed threads/followed threads link. If I click on my picutre it logs me out and if I click on my name, it takes me to my profile. The only page I regularly use on CAG is the one with the starred threads on it. That is what I am having trouble finding on the mobile version.

slowdive21, on 30 Jan 2015 - 8:25 PM, said:

Ok I am on my pc now. I am referring to the subscribed threads/followed threads link. If I click on my picutre it logs me out and if I click on my name, it takes me to my profile. The only page I regularly use on CAG is the one with the starred threads on it. That is what I am having trouble finding on the mobile version.
On the mobile version, go to the main page and select the second icon from the left on the toolbar. This will pull up the same links as when you hover over the 'forums' tab on the desktop version of the site.

Not sure if these issues have already been addressed or if fixes are coming soon but this is my first time visiting the site since the update...

Using the full version of the site on my iPad I'm having the following issues:

When I try to select 'forums' at the top of the page to access the drop down menu, the menu will appear for less then a second and then the site immediately kicks me to the main CAG deals forum page.

When navigating a topic thread every user name on the page is cropped out so I have to guess who the poster is based on their avatar. Is there any way to zoom out so I can view the entire page?

Appreciate the help

That issue from the old CAG is still there where submitting a quick reply doesn't always refresh the page to show you that it went through fine, so you just see the quick reply box with your post like nothing happened and submit again to create double/triple posts.

Not sure if these issues have already been addressed or if fixes are coming soon but this is my first time visiting the site since the update...

Using the full version of the site on my iPad I'm having the following issues:

When I try to select 'forums' at the top of the page to access the drop down menu, the menu will appear for less then a second and then the site immediately kicks me to the main CAG deals forum page.

When navigating a topic thread every user name on the page is cropped out so I have to guess who the poster is based on their avatar. Is there any way to zoom out so I can view the entire page?

Appreciate the help
This is what I was talking about too. The only way to get it ti stay is to do an extended held click, then when the popup menu sows up, you can click behind it on the link you want.

If I click on my picutre it logs me out and if I click on my name, it takes me to my profile.
Yeah, me, too. I was wondering what was happening. I was looking at CAG at work, and I just thought it was their system. But it just happened to me again at home. I guess I keep expecting a dropdown menu or something with options to view profile or logout, etc. Although, to be fair, it is a nice, handy, quick way to logout.

Everywhere? Or specifically in posts? If I recall I tried to keep the background of posts more or less the same, although it was a long while back when I made those changes on the test server.
The site isn't as dark for me as yesterday. Maybe I got use to it or you did some changes today. I can lower my brightness and still see everything fine like before the update. :)

Yeah, me, too. I was wondering what was happening. I was looking at CAG at work, and I just thought it was their system. But it just happened to me again at home. I guess I keep expecting a dropdown menu or something with options to view profile or logout, etc. Although, to be fair, it is a nice, handy, quick way to logout.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341894-cag-maintenanceupgrade-now-live/?p=12453369

I miss being able to play the cagcasts from the homepage with the built in audio player...Could you guys put that back in?

Cannot sign in on my phone without pressing on the sign in button and choosing "open in a new tab". Just clicking on it normally does absolutely nothing for me.

Using Windows 7, Firefox 35.0.1.

Something else I noticed about the 'Search' bar. It's really long, and that's great, but only about 1/3 of it is the actual text box. This causes quite a nuisance when highlighting previous text for a new search (having to precisely determine the right edge of the search box with no visual cue). I also use click, then Ctrl + A to highlight all, but the length of the search bar is misleading as to where to click (again, no visual cue). [customspoiler=Example of an entry that would seem to fit, but doesn't.]
gallery_324715_8287_70585.png

[/customspoiler] Also, similar to what I stated previously, when mousing over another navigation menu, the search bar goes back to the default search option. Anyway to keep it the same as what you last selected?

Also, don't know if it was in the last update, but being able to add all 4 collection options for games in the search bar is awesome! And also the better way to do it than doing it for each individual category.

HTC ONE Android - mobile site
This actually looks like a new feature for mobile users. Previously the mobile home page was the main forum page. Now mobile users have the fancy new mobile home page when you click the center logo. The fastest work around to go from thread to main forum page is to click the four square in top right then select forums.

When I click on my avatar next to the messenger button , it keeps logging me out instead of bringing me to my profile.
HTC ONE android

This has been a common problem. It looks like this is the log in log out button. On the main page select the talking bubbles next to Cheapy and in quick links is your profile. The problem on mobile with this drop down area is the text is so small. This also means you have to be real precise with your finger to select a link to another area.

Search function for adding games to the collection works one minute, stops the next, works the next, etc.

Keep up the good work guys. Also maybe instead of hovering over forums to access this

Quick Links
Could you guys make it to where if you hover over your avatar that this ^ shows? That's the only problem I have left. Thanks.
Yes, this I concur with. Perhaps not instead of but rather in both places.

The site isn't as dark for me as yesterday. Maybe I got use to it or you did some changes today. I can lower my brightness and still see everything fine like before the update. :)

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341894-cag-maintenanceupgrade-now-live/?p=12453369
Well, this multiquote attempt has brought up another issue. First though, thanks, htz, for the reply.

Second, the other, new issue (for me, sorry if it's been brought up already) is that I am trying MultiQuote and the first post up there is correct and in its entirety, however, the second one, from htz, is missing part of it.

His original post contained multiquotes, as well, so maybe multiquoting a multiquote is multi-Courting or -Flirting with disaster. I don't know. His second quote (which was his reply to something I said) keeps getting left out. His original quote that I was attempting to add here is #179 here in this forum. Thanks.

Side note: overall, I don't think I mind the new setup (I do agree with those that say the quote font in the reply box is perhaps too small, but how else will we develop that cold, bad A Clint Eastwood squint?) Like anything, it's new, and it'll take some effort to keep our feet from dragging at the thought of change -- especially, when our old, stubborn rears have the "there was nothing wrong with it" syndrome. You say please bear with you during this time. I say, please bear with us!

Of course, take with a grain of salt as I'm merely a newborn, baby CAGer. Thanks, as always, for your time.

Yeah, this is annoying. It took me a few tries to figure out what the hell was going on.
Me, too. First experienced this on my comp at work, and, of course, blamed their system somehow. I mean, it must be their fault! I would right-click on my pic to open another instance of the page so I wouldn't lose my place or have to retrace my steps. Then, when I got there, I couldn't post because I had to sign in. And I kept saying, "Whaa? But I am signed in." And I'd look at the other tab, which still showed me as signed in. Yeesh. Anywho. But when I came home, same thing happened. Finally, dawned on me, too.

Found another thing John (on PC/Mac at least, could be other platforms too):

Attachments such as pictures, when clicked on, only give a black screen. 

bread's done
Back