CAG MLB 10: The Show League Fantasy Teams! MIL/PHI/SD open! Series 6 Games Due 9/6!

All right, cool. I'm going to go activate it now just to see what it does. Last night, I even told Josh to just pick an NL team (thinking it would allow me to activate it once there were at least 2 teams in each division). But I got a message "cannot activate without minimum number of teams". Considering I chose 6 as the Max number of teams, I guess that was also the minimum. More confusing BS with how leagues are set up. If The Show doesn't work out for these developers, they could have a very promising career in writing stereo instructions.

EDIT - Just activated the dummy league, and it shows the draft being 10 PM EST. So, only an hour late this time. I don't get the logic at all. My PS3's clock is right, my time zone is right, daylight savings is set to on. But I'm just going to go by this, and set the draft an hour early, assuming that will make the game schedule it for the right time. This is still the dumbest shit ever, but what can you do?

REAL invites for the REAL league going out soon! :)

I fucking hate this game...

In setting up the league "for real", I chose a draft day of "Monday" and a time of "8:00 PM". After creating the league and sending out the invites, I notice as I'm exiting the league, it says the draft is scheduled for SUNDAY at 8:00 PM. WTF????? I've dissolved and re-created the league three times now, and this happens every time.

I don't even know what to do now. Do I pick "Tuesday", thinking the game will recognize it as "Monday"? Then, when I activate the league and our draft actually gets put on Tuesday at 8 PM, do we just say fuck it and go with whatever the game drafts for us no matter what? Obviously, at some point, we just need to play the fucking game, but this shit is making me feel retarded. Setting a fucking draft day/time should not be this complicated.

EDIT: Motherfucker! So, just to see what it would do, I went in and chose "Tuesday" and "8:00 PM". After pressing start to lock in all my settings that can't be changed at all afterward (if they would just change this it would fix 99% of league problems), it shows the draft scheduled for "WED 08:00 PM". There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to any of it. If anybody else wants to just screw around and create a league to confirm this, that would be great. I feel like I'm going senile. :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hqn101']everyone can just auto draft to be fair[/QUOTE]

No, thats not fair. The reason I wanted to be in a fantasy league was so I can choose my own players.

[quote name='Dahk']No, thats not fair. The reason I wanted to be in a fantasy league was so I can choose my own players.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I get what he's saying though. If the game can't even give us a reliable time to draft, what the hell are we supposed to do? But rather than sit on my hands waiting for an answer (I posted this in the bugs/glitches thread on OS, and asked if anybody had noticed the day being completely wrong, but no one has responded), I guess I'm just going to assume that the day it shows isn't accurate.

I don't remember seeing the wrong day listed with our first draft BEFORE I activated the league, but I can't swear to it. If it's wrong, then our only choice would be to wait for a patch anyway, since my attempt at "outthinking the system" failed miserably. I did see a message tonight that SCEA is doing massive server maintenance tomorrow (tonight) from 3 AM to 3 PM, so maybe things will run smoother when they're done.

tl;dr

The "real" league is now set up and invites have been sent out to everybody except mdamore (it says you're in the max number of leagues...even though I dissolved the dummy league I set up earlier. apparently, it's not registering. maybe see if you can drop from it).

Please try to accept these invites ASAP, guys. I want to make sure DestroVega has plenty of time to set up his draft board, since he won't be able to make it for the draft. Other than that, let's just hope nothing else breaks in the meantime. Thank you for your patience.

[quote name='m_d_amore']yea you just quit the leagues you didnt disband them. i ll drop them in a minnute so send away[/QUOTE]

That's weird. I could have sworn the only option it had for active leagues was "abandon league". I didn't see a "dissolve" option like I did for the leagues I was trying to set up with the correct draft day/time. Whatever. As long as it works out. I'm just hoping the draft will actually be on Monday.

There are still several people who need to accept their invites to the league. With the potential for the draft being on Sunday, people need to be joining as soon as possible. We're not going to know if the draft is actually on the correct day until the league is activated. Like I've said, if you're no longer interested in playing, at least let me know so I can try to replace you.

EDIT - Just turned on my PS3 to get specifics. There are 6 people who still need to accept their invite.

Josh5890
, SnorE, rhoffa, MaskedPlague, dickybeans, and Dahk.

Anyone who doesn't join in the next 24 hours could potentially be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='m_d_amore']I know it shouldn't rest on your shoulders n8 but did you try pm'ing those dudes?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I sent out PM's when I posted that message. My thinking was, if I'm going to potentially be booting people, they deserve every chance to join first. I still feel checking in on the thread once every couple days should be required, but considering how unstable online has been, I wouldn't blame anyone for losing interest. Just want them to make sure everyone knows that things are starting for real now.

[quote name='hqn101']so draft is Sunday?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be Monday. I chose Monday. The game currently lists it as Sunday. I wasn't able to get any information on this being an actual problem. We won't know for sure until I'm able to activate the league.

There are still 4 people that need to join the league: MaskedPlague, dickybeans, rhoffa, and SnorE. I even sent MaskedPlague a PSN message while he was playing Final Fantasy, and got no response. I hope you guys join by tomorrow afternoon.

All right, MaskedPlague informed me that he doesn't have time to play (thanks for letting me know)...and he's been replaced by Supreme. I still haven't heard anything from dickybeans, rhoffa, or SnorE though. The draft could potentially be tomorrow unless the game actually is wrong. Not sure what I should do.

[quote name='m_d_amore']cant do anything til its full[/QUOTE]

Right, so if it's not full before draft time, we could be drafting next Monday (or Sunday...I guess) at 9 PM EST. Guess everyone will just have to deal.

Yup, at this point, there are 5 invites in limbo, and only 3 spots left. People have had plenty of time to join. If anybody misses out now, it's their own fault.

Hey, if you guys need anymore players I'd be willing to join. I just picked up the game and have been looking for a league.

One spot left in the league. Trying to get it filled ASAP so I can activate the league to see when our draft actually is. Considering it could be in 8 hours, hopefully I can take care of this soon. I'm scrambling, guys.

All right, guys. The league is full and now activated. As I feared, the draft is tonight...but my estimation on the time being wrong was actually accurate. This is how fucking stupid this game is. When setting up the league, I chose Monday and 8:00 PM EST for the times for the draft. After creating the league, it showed the draft time as Sunday at 8:00 PM EST. Upon activating the league, the draft time is now Sunday at 9:00 PM EST.

I'm sure this isn't going to work for some people, but I don't know what else to do. You've got the next 7 hours to set up your draft board if you're not going to be around tonight...and that's assuming the game lets us draft when the timer ticks down to zero and doesn't just freeze up for 10 hours like last time.

If this doesn't work, I might seriously consider saying "fuck online" this year, and just focus on my RttS and Franchise. It's ridiculous that in setting up one league, I've been shown 3 different times for the draft. It's just one headache after another with this game.

Man, I'm glad I checked the thread. Otherwise, I would have had no idea that the draft was tonight. I only got 7 PM's from Nate about it. ;)

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, I'm glad I checked the thread. Otherwise, I would have had no idea that the draft was tonight. I only got 7 PM's from Nate about it. ;)[/QUOTE]

What? CAG kept giving me that Vbulletin database error shit and told me the PM's weren't going through. It only shows one being sent in my "sent" folder. I was getting pissed because I kept having to type in everybody's user names again. That's freaking weird if they all went through.

Haha... Yeah, I received 7. I can't check the time period since I deleted them, but I believe they were all sent within a 10 minute time frame.

[quote name='Matt Young']Haha... Yeah, I received 7. I can't check the time period since I deleted them, but I believe they were all sent within a 10 minute time frame.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. I purposely checked my "sent" folder to make sure they didn't go through too. Thanks for making me look retarded, CAG! :dunce:

Also, kind of ironic that Destro has the first pick in the draft and he's not even going to be here, haha. Hopefully that will help him be happy with his team though. And Matt, you've got the second pick, so you should be happy about that too, haha.

That's weird. When I checked last night, it showed the exact opposite- that I picked second to last, with Destro going last in the 1st round.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's weird. When I checked last night, it showed the exact opposite- that I picked second to last, with Destro going last in the 1st round.[/QUOTE]

Well, the draft order gets rejumbled when the league is activated. I don't think it always does a direct flip-flop, but that's interesting.

25 minutes to draft time! Hope everyone is ready! :)

[quote name='melokeith']alright - got the essentials - beer, popcorn, twizzlers, and laptop
Let's do this[/QUOTE]

I heard beer and twizzlers make your head explode...or was that something else? Haha, glad you're ready to roll.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I heard beer and twizzlers make your head explode...or was that something else? Haha, glad you're ready to roll.[/QUOTE]

That'll be my excuse when I screw up this draft.:D
Just to check - if a player's name shows "I" for injured, they're still good for the league, right?

If people end up missing the draft and hating their autodraft team/ they wont play... is it possible to drop and have someone else invite/take over team? Or is that long gone? If that ever happened could I join for someone that would be kicked?

[quote name='Steggy']If people end up missing the draft and hating their autodraft team/ they wont play... is it possible to drop and have someone else invite/take over team? Or is that long gone? If that ever happened could I join for someone that would be kicked?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I know last year you couldn't. I can't remember reading if people can be invited mid-season this year. Knowing Sony, I doubt it.

I'm just glad the draft worked! Parts of it were buggy as shit and it didn't display the draft order correctly after the 1st round, so most of us had no clue when our pick was coming up. Also, the sorting was broken. If you sorted by "All Players" and it showed a SP as the best overall, and then you sorted by "Starting Pitchers", that pitcher wouldn't be the best overall. More dumb shit brought to you by the brilliant folks at Sony.

But on to the important stuff....PLAY BALL!!!

The draft was fun. It was my first ever video game fantasy draft, actually. It took 1 hour, 28 minutes.

I got a pretty good lineup. Lots of power, and good starting pitching. I have a pretty balanced team, as well:

9 SP's
10 RP's
2 closers
9 OF
10 IF

I didn't do myself any favors by showing up in time for my 29th pick, but I guess I'm okay with my team.

Now on to the problem. I tried playing a game against Captain Backslap (who doesn't seem to appear on the main screen) and after 3 innings of nothing but laggy hell that causes me to strike out 7 times (neither of us had a hit), it tells me we got disconnected and credits me with a win. Now I'm trying to play Nate and it tells me " There was a problem adding the draft info to the roster. Please try again later or contact support if the problem persists." This after I had already tried playing the first game.

So I'm 1-0 against someone that doesn't appear on the standings screen and can't do anything at the moment. Maybe Sportsconnect is just fucked at the moment.

Whoa. What the fuck is going on with SportsConnect all of a sudden? Sometimes it's failing to log in. Sometimes it's giving me "announcment errors", but letting me proceed to online. Then, when I try to check the league, it says "There was a problem adding the draft info to the roster. Please try agian later or contact support if the problem persists." Thank God this didn't happen during the draft, but what the fuck?

Haha, yeah. Safe to say SportsConnect is fucked. What a huge piece of shit this game is. And here's my problem. If I'm a developer who knows that I put out a shitty online game, the least I would do is allow league commissioners to reset games. This shit happens all the time, and yet, they still haven't figured it out. So yeah, now CaptainBackslap got screwed into a loss through no fault of anybody in the damn league. Again, I say...thanks Sony.

Man, I don't know what the fuck happened. Everything seemed to be going fine. I'm not sure how the game started for your chris, but it actually started out perfect for me until you paused, then the lag just took over. Ugghh, my luck has just been absolute shit these past couple of weeks.

I was okay with all of the problems that have been happening lately, but this just seemed to put me over the top. It's ridiculous how the problems people have come across this year and damn near carbon copies of the bugs from last year (as far as online goes). If these problems don't get fixed by next month, Sony should be embarrassed. You say online was a priority and this is the best you can do?

/rage

Well after 2 losses following my stolen "win" that it initially displayed against Supreme, it now says I'm 0-1 :roll:

Maybe it will be sorted out by tomorrow.

No problem whatsoever in my game with Nate. Minimal lag. It was the opposite of my 10 inning, 6-5 game against Destro in the other league.

This one ended 1-0 with Nate taking the victory. He homered with Matt Holliday in the 6th after I had retried 14 consecutive batters. He struck me out 21 times, 19 with his starter, Billingsley. Lincecum pitched a complete game for me, but took the loss.

That was really fun. Does anyone else want to play tonight? I may play Nate again if he does not play m_d_amore in a league game, but if he does do that, I'm free.

Oh, and if you guys haven't added me to your friend lists yet, my user name is MattYoung730. I'll look at the OP, probably tomorrow, and add those who have not added me.

bread's done
Back