CAG ModNation Racers Night [Wednesdays @ 10pm EST]

Sweet tooth DLC coming to MNR

4753059577_dd6e1ec824.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/05/modnation-monday-sweet-tooth-strikes-back/

I was able to connect to the servers (and stay connected!) just now, so I hope that means we'll have a good crowd at race night!

I swear to God, if something stops me from joining you guys again, I will spontaneously combust into confetti and glittery shit. Of course, depending on what time people settle on, I may be forced to choose between this and Halo Firefight. I strongly prefer this game and I have missed every CAG MNR night so far, but achievements are at stake in Halo. Hopefully, they decide they want to play earlier or later than our potential racing activities.

Connection issues kinda killed last Wednesday's MNR night but I'm willing to give it another shot! Anyone who wants to play should send me a friend request before 9:45pm EST; I'll setup a gameroom at 10pm and start shooting out invites.

Hopefully everyone can get in and stay in the game tonight! If not...maybe we can play some Blur again? ;)

I'll join you guys for ModNation right after a very special Warhawk night. No original tracks from me this week (again!), but I'd love to try those tracks from that list of tracks I've posted. ;)

My neck was really hurting from trying to hold my phone between my ear and shoulder while racing. But I was actually finishing better while on the phone, LOL! Regardless, I quit after that last race I was in. I'm getting back on if you guys are still playing in about 15 minutes.

Oh, and can someone please download my Anze Kopitar mod? I have gotten 5 downloads. I've had at least 15-20 people (half of them from here) tell me they would download my mod if I did the same for them, but apparently most of them lied or forgot. I wish there was some way to see who downloaded your stuff.

Good races tonight! I like that we have a group of MNR "regulars" now!

Nice to see that you were finally able to join us, Matt. :applause:

Thanks. That was really fun. Too bad everyone was done by the time I got back on. I'm guessing that most, if not all, of you are more likely in time zones other than the Pacific.

But I really enjoyed getting to race and to try out the custom tracks. Would anyone like to play "unofficially" on days other than Wednesdays?

Not as good as two weeks ago, but still a pretty decent crowd.

What if we had say a CAG track night where everyone tries to create a track before next week? I think folks could come up with something decent given a weeks time.

[quote name='Matt Young']Oh, and can someone please download my Anze Kopitar mod? I have gotten 5 downloads. I've had at least 15-20 people (half of them from here) tell me they would download my mod if I did the same for them, but apparently most of them lied or forgot. I wish there was some way to see who downloaded your stuff.[/QUOTE]

I've tried to download everyone's creations that I've come across, but I noticed some people haven't created anything yet. I think I downloaded your stuff, but I'll have to check again just to be sure.

Laying mines... :lol:
I'll try to lay off of them for next week... I don't use mines regularly, and I wanted to switch up my play style for tonight. ;)

Random note- I need a headset. The game automatically submitted the text I had typed due to the race starting to load, both times before I was done writing. You know, the Lohan and "John Stamos in 'Bonershadow'" comments. Also, I have a really deep, sexy voice that makes bitches wet. You know, on the off chance that any ladies join us. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'll join you guys for ModNation right after a very special Warhawk night. No original tracks from me this week (again!), but I'd love to try those tracks from that list of tracks I've posted. ;)[/QUOTE]
I popped in for 2 seconds into your guys room after the Warhawk night and saw you all in there. Was gonna race with you all, but had a friend in our group whose ps3 headset was out of juice and wanted to do XBL simulchat instead.

I will start following this thread though if just to hear about new and different tracks. Already tried most of the Goozex users tracks (Some decent tracks we've come up with over at Goozex are Akdar's Lair by pswii60_elite and Adirondack Attack by me) , and I've shared freaky's tracks with them. (People really like Escape from Arizona and SF Rush) so would be interested in hearing about more, particularly if you guys are as good as him at making these things

I'm sorry I had to miss last night. I will definitely be down for next week. If any of you guys see me on between now and then, hit me up for some ad hoc races.

[quote name='aerol']I'm sorry I had to miss last night. I will definitely be down for next week. If any of you guys see me on between now and then, hit me up for some ad hoc races.[/QUOTE]

I will add you, but maybe a group of us could set up a time via this thread.

I played the public beta and want to get this game so bad. It sucks that the mods you made in the beta are lost forever. I had a nice Hsien-Ko mod.

[quote name='mhatter106']I popped in for 2 seconds into your guys room after the Warhawk night and saw you all in there. Was gonna race with you all, but had a friend in our group whose ps3 headset was out of juice and wanted to do XBL simulchat instead.

I will start following this thread though if just to hear about new and different tracks. Already tried most of the Goozex users tracks (Some decent tracks we've come up with over at Goozex are Akdar's Lair by pswii60_elite and Adirondack Attack by me) , and I've shared freaky's tracks with them. (People really like Escape from Arizona and SF Rush) so would be interested in hearing about more, particularly if you guys are as good as him at making these things[/QUOTE]

Oh nice! Yeah, I try to make high-quality tracks for us to race, though I haven't been making any lately due to being busy with stuff and playing other games at the moment, so that takes time away from my track-building shenanigans. Feel free to join us sometime!

Also, it looks like you guys are going to have a ModNation Goozex night next week... I've posted in that thread that I'd be joining. ;)

I'll try Akdar's and pswii60's tracks as well, and I'll pass those recommendations on to Randy afterward. :)

You beat me to it, Randy. I was expecting them to talk about load times but an easier difficulty is welcome, too. Finally I can finish those last campaign challenges.

The featured tracks of the week look pretty fun, too. It's also interesting that this week's hot laps are openly using tracks based on another racing game, even if it is a Sony property. I wonder if we'll see a Mario Kart week. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Oh nice! Yeah, I try to make high-quality tracks for us to race, though I haven't been making any lately due to being busy with stuff and playing other games at the moment, so that takes time away from my track-building shenanigans. Feel free to join us sometime!

Also, it looks like you guys are going to have a ModNation Goozex night next week... I've posted in that thread that I'd be joining. ;)

I'll try Akdar's and pswii60's tracks as well, and I'll pass those recommendations on to Randy afterward. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah if anyoen else is interested in joining in the Goozex MNR night this Wed, they are welcome too. The link is here: http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/57872.aspx We just ask you post on that thread to RSVP. The Goozlympic competitiev portion shoudl likley wrap up at just aroudn or just shortly after 10pm EST, so you should be able to seamlessly transition from the Goozex MNR night to the CAG night!

I haven't had too difficult of a time with the career mode, although I'm sure the casual difficulty will appease those that do.

I've been working on a new jungle themed track this week, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it by tomorrow. It still needs a lot of work.

I'd be up for checking this out and racing with you guys. I'm pretty horrible right now, but hopefully that will change soon haha.

I tried the two featured maps last night ("The Farmer's Daughter" and "Bay Island (Final)") and they were pretty fun as well. I should really spend more time looking for tracks because there's a lot of good stuff out there.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Randy, I tried both mhatter's suggested tracks, Akdar's Lair and Adirondack Attack. They're both good... We should try 'em tonight. :)[/QUOTE]

Didn't notice your post until I had already created the Modspot. I'll grab those tracks ASAP.

[quote name='metaly']I tried the two featured maps last night ("The Farmer's Daughter" and "Bay Island (Final)") and they were pretty fun as well. I should really spend more time looking for tracks because there's a lot of good stuff out there.[/QUOTE]

Got 'em both for tonight!

I can't promise I'll be awake to join, but if I am and do, I should have a headset! I know some people who work for the city, and the examiners who go on-site were given new bluetooth headsets. Some didn't like them and chose to use others, so I'm getting one of the leftovers tonight. I just hope it's PS3-compatible. I've actually never owned or sued a bluetooth headset, heh.

Just jumping on real quick to let everyone know I will be on around 10:30 Eastern. I hope we have a group, and that this headset charges while I'm doing stuff for the next hour.

I got kicked out due to some syncing error, but I think I'm done for the night anyway.

Thanks for the fun games. Was a small crowd, but it was still enjoyable. :D

Man... like I said, there's always something keeping me from playing at all or on time for this game night. 2 times I've played, and both times I've been late. But I had a lot of fun, and it was good to finally get to talk to you guys once I figured out the bluetooth. I hope I wasn't too annoying. Feel free to tell me to shut the fuck up if necessary, LOL.

I didn't realize everyone was leaving when Randy did. I saw that metaly had entered my ModSpot afterward, but I couldn't figure out how to talk to him (even though I could converse with others) and he went into the creation zone. I got another damn phone call. Surprise, surprise. So I just turned the system off.

I still suggest that we get a group together on a different day as well to supplement our mod racing needs, though this weekend is no good for me.

Gentlemen:

I'll be on a business trip for most of this week so I won't be available to host on Wednesday night. Metaly will be filling in for me.

Please avoid having fun in my absence.

Sincerely,
Randy

Awesome. See you there, SweetSweet.

Any good tracks I should get for tonight? I'll probably at least grab whatever's featured this week.

Looks like it might be kind of a small night, so no rush.

Also wow, I gained 7 levels since last week, just from Create XP. :whee:

It's funny you mention that, because tonight I've gained 10 levels since last week, and that's also just from Create XP... I'm level 26 now. :D

Fun races tonight. I'm already a huge fan of that Rome track, I don't really know why. It might be that it seems there are a ton of little branches/shortcuts, plus that jump onto the aqueduct is really cool. It's way more memorable than any other download track.

I wish the game made it easier to download creations that other people are using, mainly so I can steal all of freaky's :D. I grabbed a few like Bender and the Tonberry but there are so many I couldn't even remember the rest.

Yeah, that Rome track was ridiculous... I don't think I've explored every shortcut that track has to offer, so that's something to look forward if we get to play this track again next week (hopefully). ;)

There should be a checklist-type download system, where you would check the mods/karts/tracks you want to download, and have them all download at the same time, as opposed to downloading them one by one as it is currently. :)

IGN has a lot of details on the upcoming patch:

Slashed Load Times
Yes, there are still going to be load times, but Sony is reporting that in some cases those loads will be 50 percent faster.

Casual Difficulty FTW
A lot of folks dug the gameplay in ModNation Racers, but they were getting pwned by the game's AI-controlled opponents; those computerized bastards never gave Player 1 a break! Well, this patch introduces Casual Difficulty Mode. This should give people who just want to have some fun the chance to do so without having to worry about hurling a controller after getting sideswiped in the third lap.

Friends with XP Benefits
Racing in XP Races and Series is key to earning experience points and leveling-up online. However, as it stands, you can't invite your friends to XP outings. It kind of sucks the fun out of your multiplayer romp. Well, next week, that'll be a thing of the past. This patch allows you to invite your buddies to races and series, so go level grind!

Death to Hot Lap Cheaters
Apparently, this patch will fix a bug that allowed players to cut through tracks and post ridiculous times in the online Hot Lap section. Only a few more days to steal the spotlight, kids!

The Ultimate Collector
Player cards -- the profile showing what you've whipped up -- will now display all of you creations and not just some of them.

Get Online Faster and Stay There
United Front Games is also fixing MNR so that you'll be able to jump into online races faster than ever. The developers say that this has been done by removing "the online game room from the ModSpot." On top of that, the server's been upgraded to help get rid of those pesky disconnects people were having to deal with. We'll see how that works next week.

Attain the Unattainable (Challenges)
United Front Games has listened to all of your ranting and raving and honed in on three challenges that it agrees are just too damn tough. When you download the patch, expect different completion conditions on the Devastator takedown on Wild Run, the Devastator takedown on Modobahn and the "sideswipe three opponents on the cliff side" task on Fracture.

Free Stuff
The Tin Bucket item will be unlocked for everyone! Hooray!

The most surprising thing to me is how they're changing the ModSpot. I took it to mean that random people will stop showing up in your ModSpot. Kotaku makes it sound like they're removing the ModSpot entirely, at least as we know it. Maybe it'll be back as a faster-loading menu screen?

Also, :bomb::bomb::bomb: at them fixing the Devastator challenges after I already suffered through both of them. :cry:

I guess there's a reason we've all gained so much Create XP in the past week. ;)

It seems they increased the amount of Create XP given for every download of your mods/karts/tracks. The old XP amounts were 10 for each download, 2 for using them in a race (or racing on that track), and 1 for viewing these creations. Now it's 100, 25, and 20 respectively.

I now have roughly 100,000 Create XP... With a little more work, that platinum will be mine! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I leave for Lollapalooza on Wednesday morning so I won't be around for MNR again...Metaly, would you mind wearing the crown for another week? :)

I forgot to speak up the other day but yes, I will be carrying the Modnation torch once again this week. :) Let me know if there are any custom tracks you want to check out. As usual, I'll be grabbing the week's featured tracks and we'll go from there. The Arctic GP one looks pretty unique.

Also don't forget to sign on a little early because the long-awaited patch arrives tomorrow! If possible, we'll do some XP races and marvel over the improved load times.

bread's done
Back