CAG NFL Season Discussion

Harbaugh is a mad man, but I love it. Torrey needs to settle his ass down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much Packers at this point, buddy is a big fan. If they lose tomorrow or next week, I have no interest in the Super Bowl at all.

Maybe Favre doing the intro for the Packers will jinx them. I have fond memories of the boys destroying them in the 90's.

Not feeling great about the game though.

sigh...season over for the Cowboys. Don't think i'll ever understand how 3 steps and lunging for the goal line isn't considered a football move.

http://www.gfycat.com/BriskHandsomeGrasshopper
I though he had possession when they showed the replay he had it in one hand and reached out for the goal line. The only thing I though about when it was overturned that karma for the Detroit game last week.

Oh well, not bad the season didn't end on a bad note like the last couple of seasons. Focus on the defense and hope things are better next season.

To be honest with how much Romo and Rodgers have been hurting all game I figured Seattle was going to be waiting to tear either team apart next week.

He had possession on the way to the ground and made a football move to reach out when he hit the ground and even had control after it hit the ground. Should've been ruled down where he hit. Bullshit call, but payback for last week.

Why do people keep saying Dez reached for the goal line? To me it look like he just fell down.  I still feel like it should have been a catch I hate that rule. But even if it stands there is no guarantee they score and if they do there was a good chance Rodgers would drive the Packers back to the lead.

Why do people keep saying Dez reached for the goal line? To me it look like he just fell down. I still feel like it should have been a catch I hate that rule. But even if it stands there is no guarantee they score and if they do there was a good chance Rodgers would drive the Packers back to the lead.
untitled-17s1otk.gif

I though it was a catch (lifelong Giants fan here) and the NFL should consider changing the rule. Here's the rule for those who are interested.

un6YadB.png

Thx HydroX.

untitled-17s1otk.gif

I though it was a catch (lifelong Giants fan here) and the NFL should consider changing the rule. Here's the rule for those who are interested.
un6YadB.png

This is the rule you're looking for.

Also, in my opinion, it should have been a catch. Dallas ball, 1st and Goal at the 1.

As a life long Cowboy fan it definitely sucks, but as soon as he threw the challenge flag I knew the refs were going to make up for last week. Should of been a catch 3 steps with possession, made a football move towards the end zone, and knee and elbow was down. Although if it was called a catch and Dallas won you'd hear its rigged and Dallas pays the refs. Either way a great season for a team that were projected by most "experts" to be below .500. The only good thing that came out of this loss is my boy Tony Romo didn't choke and was clutch again with the game on the line, hopefully that continues next season.

Well John Fox is gone. Can't say I'm surprised...to have that much talent and deliver a wet fart in the playoff will get you canned.

Jed probably wanted a really nice guy and a friend after dealing with Harbaugh.

Jed keeps on talking about having the HC be a teacher with class. The fuck is he trying to sell the fans with that shit?

I was in denial of the whole firing until it happened. I didn't want to believe the 49ers would fuck up such a good thing. Same ol' Yorks.

Here's some more good news for other teams in the NFL. New 49ers coach Tomsula Trent Baalke is firing of all the coaching staff except for running backs coach Tom Rathman. 

You guys didn't see this coming? It was practically decided in October.
Well Tomsula was a name that was linked to the head coaching job since Day 1. So his candidacy doesn't surprise me. From the outside, he just doesn't seem to have the resume to make the leap to HC. If they went in-house, promoting somebody like DC Vic Fangio would have made more sense. I think this is first time a defensive line assistant coach was promoted directly to HC. John Harbaugh was promoted straight from special teams assistant coach so it's not unheard of, but it definitely is a rare move.

I was in denial of the whole firing until it happened. I didn't want to believe the 49ers would fuck up such a good thing. Same ol' Yorks.

Here's some more good news for other teams in the NFL. New 49ers coach Tomsula Trent Baalke is firing of all the coaching staff except for running backs coach Tom Rathman.
I think the more interesting thing now is that the entire coaching staff has been let go. A year ago, they were they highest paid coaching staff in the league (i.e. Tomsula was making a $1M a year alone). The coaching staff was highly regarded and I think Jim's biggest strength was surrounding himself with one of the best coaching staffs in the game. Now, the only positional coach they are going to retain is the running backs coach. Just seems odd to me and reeks of stupidity. It's going to be hard enough to round up a comparable coaching staff.

Well Tomsula was a name that was linked to the head coaching job since Day 1. So his candidacy doesn't surprise me. From the outside, he just doesn't seem to have the resume to make the leap to HC. If they went in-house, promoting somebody like DC Vic Fangio would have made more sense. I think this is first time a defensive line assistant coach was promoted directly to HC. John Harbaugh was promoted straight from special teams assistant coach so it's not unheard of, but it definitely is a rare move.

I think the more interesting thing now is that the entire coaching staff has been let go. A year ago, they were they highest paid coaching staff in the league (i.e. Tomsula was making a $1M a year alone). The coaching staff was highly regarded and I think Jim's biggest strength was surrounding himself with one of the best coaching staffs in the game. Now, the only positional coach they are going to retain is the running backs coach. Just seems odd to me and reeks of stupidity. It's going to be hard enough to round up a comparable coaching staff.
Based on what some people have been saying, it sounds as if some on the coaching staff didn't want to come back. Can't blame them. I'm sure the 49ers would have liked to keep some more coaches from the defense but weren't able to.

I watched the intro press conference for Tomsula. When asked about the team's turnaround in 2011, Harbaughs first year, Tomsula praised the lockout for the teams success. Saying the players getting together as a group and practicing was a big part of that. ...yeah, right. Baalke and Jed continued shitting on Harbaugh. No class.

I always wonder why anybody would wanna coach the Raiders cause it seems like they get a new coach every single year. No job security there.
Because even a crappy NFL head coaching job is still a head coaching job and if Del Rio wants to be a HC again he can't pick and choose.

Based on what some people have been saying, it sounds as if some on the coaching staff didn't want to come back. Can't blame them. I'm sure the 49ers would have liked to keep some more coaches from the defense but weren't able to.

I watched the intro press conference for Tomsula. When asked about the team's turnaround in 2011, Harbaughs first year, Tomsula praised the lockout for the teams success. Saying the players getting together as a group and practicing was a big part of that. ...yeah, right. Baalke and Jed continued shitting on Harbaugh. No class.
Jed is all about "winning with class" though remember? lol

I think another subtle slight at Harbaugh was when Tomsula said "the difference between confidence and arrogance is ignorance. In this world, sometimes we are teetering on that." Harbaugh was at times, an arrogant coach. In the context of Tomsula's quote, I took it as him spewing out principles and philosophies which was in stark contrast to Harbaugh.

About the assistant coaching staff, you have to openly wonder what the direction of the team is. If you were to promote a popular, defensive assistant coach, you're telling me that the big vision is all about continuity. That's all swell in theory - until your entire coaching leaves (which in many league circles was HIGHLY regarded). So my problem is that there is no continuity anyway. This doesn't look like a "reload" situation to me as the GM had put it. If you were going to pick the scab and start fresh, it would have made sense to go with a hot offensive coordinator. Because in the end, it's going to come down to how well Kaepernick plays. If he isn't surrounded around a solid offensive staff, this team is going to go back to the cellar again.

It's being reported now that Harbaugh and Tomsula had a strained relationship at the end of last year when Jed thought the team could do better with a coach like Tomsula. They even stopped talking to each other. Tomsula mentioned at the presser that he hadn't talked to Harbaugh in awhile either. Just food for thought but what if Tomsula leaked this information out? What if Fangio suspected this and decided he (alongside the rest of the staff) couldn't work with somebody like that? Just speculation.

The stories coming out now about the various Harbaugh vs. the front office incidents are pretty juicy. Who needs the Love and Hip Hop TV show when you got the Dysfunctional 49ers show LOL.

lol going to be a long season for you 49er fans.
Maybe. I am not gonna get crazy just yet even though it doesn't look great right now.

Seattle and New England are going to roll tomorrow.

Colts crumbling:

@ESPNNFL: Colts RB Trent Richardson did not make the trip to New England due to personal reasons.

@HolderStephen: I’m not making this up: #Colts OT Xavier Nixon missed the flight and is listed as out for tomorrow

And Green Bay only needs to accomplish something close to this:

@ESPNNFL: In all 4 of SEA's losses this year, opposing team:
•Ran ball 27+ times
•Threw 0 Ints
•Took no more than 1 sack
•Scored every red zone trip

I called the blowout of Denver last year, this year it'll be much closer New England vs Seattle.

Maybe. I am not gonna get crazy just yet even though it doesn't look great right now.

Seattle and New England are going to roll tomorrow.

Colts crumbling:

@ESPNNFL: Colts RB Trent Richardson did not make the trip to New England due to personal reasons.

@HolderStephen: I’m not making this up: #Colts OT Xavier Nixon missed the flight and is listed as out for tomorrow

And Green Bay only needs to accomplish something close to this:

@ESPNNFL: In all 4 of SEA's losses this year, opposing team:
•Ran ball 27+ times
•Threw 0 Ints
•Took no more than 1 sack
•Scored every red zone trip

I called the blowout of Denver last year, this year it'll be much closer New England vs Seattle.
Remember when you said the Knicks were going to make the playoffs this year?

Colts crumbling:

@HolderStephen: I’m not making this up: #Colts OT Xavier Nixon missed the flight and is listed as out.
Yeah cause either of these two have actually been playing. Combined they have seen one snap in the playoffs this year.

Look on the bright side, guys: it's only the 49ers.
Have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Remember when you said the Knicks were going to make the playoffs this year?
I did? I mean, I'm no NBA expert but they should have played way better than terrible and the East sucks.

But that's NBA and the only sport I follow religiously is the NFL.

bread's done
Back