CAG NHL 09 League 2.0- Opening Day: Play 3 games by Friday, the 24th.

Anaheim started off playing the Vancouver Canucks. Anaheim split the series 1-1. Ducks lost the first game 1-0, but won the second game 2-1.

Anaheim started out against the Flyers in Familar fashion, losing the first game on a 1-0 shorthanded goal in the third period. Yet, the Ducks continue to bounce back. Anaheim got out to an early lead with a 2 on 1 breakaway goal that bounced of the goalie's left pad. However, Chris Pronger puck the puck in his own net in the 3rd period on a penalty kill. Just my luck :roll:.

Anaheim and Philadelphia head to overtime. I am thinking just get to the shootout at this point, though I don't know why because I have a problem, more like a condition, of not putting the puck in the net. Then off an interception, Teemu Selanne was headed up the right side of the ice in the neutral zone. I thought the flyers would try to meet drive him into the wall, and Teemu deked towards center ice as he crossed into the offensive zone. I decided to let 'er rip, most of the time I hit the goalie straight on the chest. But not this time, Selanne sent one just under Biron's left arm into the back of the net. It's the first online goal I have scored without it bouncing off the goalie, a defender or the mosh pit at the front of the net. Whoooo! Ducks pull off OT thriller! Sorry Gillums....

The OT victory leaves Anaheim 2-2 after four games. Hockey has been so exciting this weekend. Got an Assist on the Flying V and I am stoked about this goal. If only the blues weren't going to get swept out of the first round, oh well. Otherwise hockey this weekend has been very nice!:bouncy:

Video of Selanne's OT Goal

Last edited by a moderator:
I love reading the recaps but hate reading the recaps where I can't play a nhl game! My xbox better get here quick. Im about to go postal! Specialy with the pens losing like they did!

We are having a draft lottery live on Youtube on Tueday night to decide the offical draft order for the international league. It's going to be groundbreaking fake internet television...

I think moo is working on it actually. Not sure where we are at now.

I was planning on starting it this weekend, but I figured I'd wait for any weekend people, just in case (since it's going to be a lottery, I want everyone to have an equal chance at a "good" team).

The following is who I have participating. Please let me know if anyone else wants in:

Vulcan
Talon
Azumanga
Jello
Shady
Matt
Park
Chunky
Destro
Ajh
Captain Obvious
elpollo
Gillumns
I will for sure get a lottery set up tomorrow or Tuesday night, so please let me know by then.

The Wife decided to re arrange the house, so it was a bad weekend for me to get gaming in. I will try to on to night (later), if anyone wants to get some CAG League games in.

Can't wait for that youtube video. Maybe you can throw in how much you hate Diabetes, lupis, and cancer as well. Also, who ever is doing the youtube video, please don't forget your pleather jacket.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Can't wait for that youtube video. Maybe you can throw in how much you hate Diabetes, lupis, and cancer as well. Also, who ever is doing the youtube video, please don't forget your pleather jacket.[/quote]

And rub your hair and face a lot.

DIABETES!!!!!!

Hey everyone, just joined today as the Penguins and I'm looking to play some games later tonight after the Blackhawks playoff game around 10pm.

Let me know if you want to play and we can meet up!

[quote name='mnuttster']Hey everyone, just joined today as the Penguins and I'm looking to play some games later tonight after the Blackhawks playoff game around 10pm.

Let me know if you want to play and we can meet up![/quote]

The Penguins are already Taken, Mr. Hockey will be them when he gets his xbox back. See the first page of this thread.

[quote name='mnuttster']Hey everyone, just joined today as the Penguins and I'm looking to play some games later tonight after the Blackhawks playoff game around 10pm.

Let me know if you want to play and we can meet up![/quote]

Wow..did you check with anybody before doing that? lol. Sorry, not knocking you dude, but I don't see you on the confirmed list or anything. That's kind of a bold move.

No problems, I already left the league so you can have the Penguins, I didn't want to step on anyones toes that had already chosen a team.

Moojuice, can you send me a join for the league so I can rejoin and choose a new team?

Mnutt, I think the only other one is Obvious is Edmonton, not sure if he joined already. I might be on tomorrow if anyone wants to get a game in.

I didn't say anything...Its cool. You didn't know. No problem. Send me a friend request. I'll approve it as soon as my xbox comes in. Look forward to meeting ya and getting some nhl on!

MNuttster, just sent you a FR. Unless I'm stupid and missed it, I don't think I can invite unless the person is already in my friends list.

I'm going to start working on the International League in about an hour.

[quote name='Wpark83']Anyone wanna play right now?[/QUOTE]

I might be on in a little bit, but wont be able to use a headset.

Actually, to be safe, make sure that if you're interested in Intl. League, you are listed.

Vulcan
Talon
Azumanga
Jello
Shady
Matt
Park
Chunky
Destro
Ajh
Captain Obvious
elpollo
Gillumns
Mnuttster
Any late additions will get the lower rated teams.

Cool, I just accepted your friend request Moo and I would be interested in the international league too, let me know if there are any spots.

Mr_hockey, what is your GT? Mine is just my name on here. Look forward to hitting the ice with you too!

what did he do now? Yes he is a douch.

Hey jello Here are the pictures of ovie at the rangers game.

ovie1.jpg

ovie2.jpg

( ripped from the nhl thread )

Unfortunately, no youtube video...this shit is taking up too much time >_<

So, here are my seeds for the international teams, plus their respective lottery number:
cagnhl1.jpg
This is a screenshot of the random number process for the teams:
cagnhl2.jpg
Next, random numbers for the players:
cagnhl3.jpg

Random numbers paired up with my list of players:
cagnhl4.jpg

So, without further ado, your teams:
cagnhl5.jpg
Username -Team
Shady - Kazakhstan
Ajh - Norway
Mnuttster - France
Azumanga - Finland
Gillums - USA
Captain Obvious - Canada
Matt - Germany
Park - Austria
Jello - Slovakia
elpollo - Ukraine
Chunky - Latvia
Destro - Russia
moo - Switzerland
Talon - Sweeden
Vulcan - Czech Republic

The exciting Excel Spreadsheet can be downloaded here:
CAGNHL seed.xls [27.00KiB]

Invites will go out shortly.
Check your player hub. Invites are out. Let me know if you didn't receive an invite and I'll PM you the league info.
(1 game each, 5 game playoff series)

Alright, just signed up for the NY Rangers in the 2.0 league, is that alright with everyone? Just wanted to make sure before I started to play games.

[quote name='mnuttster']Alright, just signed up for the NY Rangers in the 2.0 league, is that alright with everyone? Just wanted to make sure before I started to play games.[/quote]

Oh yeah... that's fine with me... I'll just have to destroy Sean Avery! :D

What a dick. Going for the goalie...come on. I know your a small fry and think you have something to prove. I like how he allways tries to pick fights then he is no where around when they start.

Its kinda funny but I remember back in the day beeing a kid and before there were two refs on the ice. Players would be skating down ice and if the ref was in the other end, they would just skate by someone and punch them in the face!!!

I tried it a couple times too! It was kinda fun. I think I did it like three times. Of course you have a full face shield on as a kid but it was still funny pissing people off. Man I miss those days. Whats funny is I have never sat in the penality box! Ive played about 30 real games through high school. Then I got injured at work. Haven't played in the last 8 years! Starting back in may!

LONG LIVE AUSTRIA!!!

And Ajh, great games last night man, the second one especially...thought you had me in the shootout.

I need to grow a pair of balls and tell my wife "It's Hockey Time, I'm not cleaning any more!!!"

Anyone think this will work? She has decided it Spring cleaning time, and she has been running my show. Must... play... hockey... :(

Why are people surprised at Sean Avery's antics, that's what he does!

also, Long Live CCCP! it's on like Donkey Kong

I hope I can do Canada proud and bring home the gold. I feel some what daunted about having this team, and the expectation that my Country has for me back home. They expect winning and nothing but. I am going to have to man up and getter done.

[quote name='Wpark83']LONG LIVE AUSTRIA!!!

And Ajh, great games last night man, the second one especially...thought you had me in the shootout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I feel very lucky ending up with one point from those two games. Your defense is very good never let me have a good look at the net in either game. Plus putting that first goal for you in my own net in that second game did not help me out either.

Man Vulcan...great games tonight, especially game 1. I did not think I could crack Broduer at all! 38 shots in game, 10 in shootout before I could finally sneak one past him. Good luck with the rest of the league!

Yah, surprised we went into a shoot out. Broduer was a wall. Last game once you scored two or three goals, I was like, too much NHL for me. Good games though. Good luck with the rest of the league as well. Slowly but surely I'm knocking them out.

bread's done
Back