CAG Premium Insider Membership Program - APRIL FOOLS!

[quote name='jollydwarf']What is this shit? WHAT IS THIS SHIT??

Just like back when you and Wombutt were pimping Gun at the 360 launch, I knew that your master plan was all about the well-timed sellout, building and building 'cred', then using that 'cred' against the very people that made you what you are today!! I came to this site because it was everything that just every other gaming site was NOT. Well, clearly, that was a charade of sincerity and 'counterprogramming'; today marks the day the CheapAssGamin' died. I'm sure you'll get some lemmings and zealots who just can't wait to 'pay to play'...hell, I'll bet they feel like it's another "deal"!

I loved the CAG community almost as much as they loved me, particularly my Nintendo-lovin' brothers. But after this news, fuck this place, I'm never posting here again! Good riddance, SleazyD!! And good luck explaining this to my peers and stalwart fans!![/quote]

LOL, tool.....

I'm not paying!

This has to be an APRIL F00LS hehe haha!

Besides, with all the crap I buy from here, you should pay me to visit this website.

Ahhh... I see what you did there. Thick-skulled, I am...

Nice Cheapy. It took my GF to remind me that it's 4/1. (I was actually thinking that $100 for a Tokyo tour wasn't bad.)

LOL, tool.....

You can claim that you 'got it' but, yes, I'm still a "tool" in your eyes anyway...but I don't and won't believe it. The 'getting it' part, that is. You took that post at face value. Deny it all you want. When your response post is a vastly overused piece of chatspeak coupled with a vastly overused insult, I would expect nothing more.

I guess I've gotta remember that at least half the CAGs are petulant, borderline illiterate minors and the other half are stoned/stupid, borderline illiterate 'grown-ups', right?* The j-o-k-e-'s on me, I guess.

*--Margin of error +/- 4%.

OMG, was furious for about 5 min til i started reading posts that reminded me it was 4/1.....well played Cheapy D...well played :). Wonder how many people are gonna boycott the site tho w/o realizing its 4/1

[quote name='io']Yeah, how dare Cheapy sully the position me and Foladar so proudly occupy by allowing any yahoo with $100 to join us ;).

And in case, you didn't get it - ;).[/quote]
You're just sore that you and foladar had to pay more.

And forgive me if something like it has been done a different year, but a "CheapyD sells CAG to GameSpot... forums will be merged with GameFAQS." would have made me:rofl:.

[quote name='mguiddy']You're just sore that you and foladar had to pay more.

And forgive me if something like it has been done a different year, but a "CheapyD sells CAG to GameSpot... forums will be merged with GameFAQS." would have made me:rofl:.[/QUOTE]

GBATemp did something like that, even changing their logo.

I would've :rofl:'d if Cheapy changed the sites backgrounds, buttons, logos, etc. to a generic "Your Ad Here" picture (Sort of like an IGN front page), but I like this prank too.

Greatest idea EVER!

But I think the platinum membership should be a steady $15 a month, just so you're on par with the MMORPGS. I hear they make a killing, you can then be BlingyD.

[quote name='Khondor']didn't fool me for a second.
more like 10 minutes :lol:

good one guys :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have had all my customers renewals for 04/01/08 keeping me swamped.. I jump on forgot it was ALREADY 04/01 and was like WTF... well I guess I am dropping the $10 to get the unlimited posting.. say goodbye to my sig and avatar I dont need them anyway....

It was literally about 5-10 minutes and i was like wait a minute...

Good one.

[quote name='Cao Cao']GBATemp did something like that, even changing their logo.

I would've :rofl:'d if Cheapy changed the sites backgrounds, buttons, logos, etc. to a generic "Your Ad Here" picture (Sort of like an IGN front page), but I like this prank too.[/quote]
I read a few posts there, :lol:. Took them a while.

It would have been hilarious here because of the recent "Is CAG Now Turning Into Cheap GameFAQers?" thread.

[quote name='jollydwarf']LOL, tool.....

You can claim that you 'got it' but, yes, I'm still a "tool" in your eyes anyway...but I don't and won't believe it. The 'getting it' part, that is. You took that post at face value. Deny it all you want. When your response post is a vastly overused piece of chatspeak coupled with a vastly overused insult, I would expect nothing more.

I guess I've gotta remember that at least half the CAGs are petulant, borderline illiterate minors and the other half are stoned/stupid, borderline illiterate 'grown-ups', right?* The j-o-k-e-'s on me, I guess.

*--Margin of error +/- 4%.[/QUOTE]

So is that 4% for literate grown-ups with common sense?

I love my mass posting abilities. You and your free users with one post a day. :D

PS After having an account for 3 and a half years, I finally bothered to put my correct time zone.

[quote name='help1']Also, I believed it until I saw the prices. $10 for what we get now? Yea, right.

Loved it![/QUOTE]

Lot better then what gas prices are becoming. Gas prices are the joke of the year.

Wow CheapyD, had me going for a good fucking 5-10 minutes while I was thinking about which membership level to choose.

Then I got thinking, I would pay to be a CAG member if the value was there, so if this was a test of some kind I vote YES.

I'm really surprised people fell for it :lol:

Not as surprised as when people fell for that other A_pril f_ools gag with the secret moderator forum. The meltdowns were excellent.

[quote name='gamer4432']I fell for it. I knew it was 04/01 but I never even realized that when reading the post. Even though the Platinum membership benefits were quite obscure, I still believed it.[/quote]
Same here, this got me for awhile too. I saw this early this morning around 2:00am, and even after getting Rick Roll'd on youtube vids at work around 10am, I didn't realize it was a Amril Smooles joke until after reading replies around almost 1:00pm.

Good Stuff Cheapy. That 1 Day Tour of Tokyo with Cheapy does sound nice though.

SO NOT COOL! I was getting so upset, and it got even more depressing as i read. If you hadn't included Platinum, this would've been 100% believeable, and i would've killed you.

I have to go cry myself to sleep now. Worst April Fools ever :(

UPDATE: Lol, i wrote fuck fuck! Well, congradulate yourself Cheapy, you're the only site that actually tricked me. Gamestop's was Rock Band PSP. Boo

Sing me up for a platinum membership (can't wait to hear the next cagcast 2 days earlier on my way to tokyo in order meet CheapyD and get my autographed photo)

[quote name='Rodrigo18']I totally fell for it.[/QUOTE]

yes. i think a lot of us did. actually that has to be the funniest april fools in recent memory.

GG

EDIT

i dunt get it. Y is da werds apr!l foo's shacked oot?

bread's done
Back