CAG PSN Gaming Group [ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my PS3. Now to begin building my library.

PSN Name: Eviltude
CAG Name: Eviltude
Nickname:
Headset: Yes
Keyboard: No
USB Camera: No
Play Style: I play for keeps!
Time Zone: Eastern
Days, Time Available: Usually every day, afternoons 11-5, evening 5-12am+. Varies greatly due to school.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: SOCOM Confrontation and Metal Gear Solid 4
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: SOCOM Confrontation
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters

I updated the master list.

R2 is still on for tomorrow night. R2 will continue to be every Wednesday and Saturday.

Buzz is official for Sunday, but we'll try to organize it better to get more people involved (sorry about what happened m_d_amore).

Far Cry 2 and CoD: WaW are games we can have CAG nights for, I just need to hear would be interested in leading, setting up a day/time, and so on.

CAG Name: rmb
PSN Name: oscarmayer70
Nickname: oscar
Keyboard: No (possibly)
Play Style: Fun
Time Zone: cst
Days, Time Available: mon-wed anytime (occasionally have class) weekends 10am-1pm
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned:
Call of Duty WAW
Buzz Quiz
MLB 08 The Show
Guitar Hero World Tour
Rock Band 2
Pure?
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: CoD WAW
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Killzone 2
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters, though I sorta suck, like playing as a team

How about a CoD WAW on mon or tues evening? Tues needs a shooter on it. I can play every Tues. nite. On class nites I just can't play until 930pm central time.

OP updated.
[quote name='rmb']
How about a CoD WAW on mon or tues evening? Tues needs a shooter on it. I can play every Tues. nite. On class nites I just can't play until 930pm central time.[/QUOTE]That was the night I was thinking, but here's the situation.

Unless I buy a game and make it a CAG night myself, it's completely up to someone else to make a CAG night for a game (because there's nothing I can do when I don't own it, I don't have the $$$ to buy everything). So far no one has mentioned to me they wanted to create a CoD: WaW night. Someone has to tell me (or at least I have to find it somewhere) they want a game night for a particular game. Whoever decides to administrate it (well, basically host, OP of game night thread, and/or person in charge), will be asked to fill out info (such as how people join in on the CAG nights). Once that is done, I'll try to work with the administrator on a good game night/time (since I have control over altering times, seeing who plays what games and make sure there isn't too much overlap). I'll tell them everything they need to do and the game night is set. Then it's a matter of keeping the night going. Usually there has to be an announcement in advance, because last minute announcements (and no thread update like in the OP) will cause many to not show up.

After doing CoD4 (although I never wanted to lead, but felt like I had to in order for it to be more successful at the time), I'd prefer to not do WaW myself, so I just need someone to step up and take control of the game (GTAIV and UT3 have done great with none of my control, so I feel other games can too).

Right now to be honest, CAG PSN Gaming is having issues. I'm getting a little depressed over what I can do to fix it all (basically, many game nights have fallen, some could get good attendance but the admin doesn't show up or respond, and some game nights just never coming together although I really want to see them happen (like Far Cry 2 and others)). TBH (this goes to everyone), I'm very close to giving up forever on this.

Welcome to the world of Xbox 360 gaming! By this I mean there is a very large group of gamers that buy all the new games, and as a group they then move on to the next best game that has just been released. The hype and excitement for that game may last a week, a month, very seldom much longer. If a person really enjoys playing one game it is often best to find a community that only plays that game i.e. Halo 3 exclusive sites/clans; Forza sites/clans; Call of Duty sites/clans; Reistance/Gran Turismo/ whatever ... etc. It is particularly difficult during the fall months when all sorts of new games are released - it is difficult for anyone to go play an older game.

I do have high hopes that this can be changed with the release of Home (if this ever happens). I think it would be easier to simply arrange a CAG room and have people meet there at any time. Then they can arrange their own games as the fickle group wishes. One time many will play Resistance, some will play SOCOM, and a few may join a LBP group. Hopefully everyone who joins the CAG room has the same game ethos and are in search of like minded people - the actual game played is secondary.

I am about to finish my LBP level i have been working on (look up Crezymunky and let me know if you like it) and I usually create my own games in Resistance 2. I will be happy to title the game "CAG's Welcome" as i did last night. I am usually on after 9:30 most nights. I play a medic, currently L5.
Hope to see you all there this weekend.
Crezymunky

[quote name='Zyzomys']Welcome to the world of Xbox 360 gaming! By this I mean there is a very large group of gamers that buy all the new games, and as a group they then move on to the next best game that has just been released. The hype and excitement for that game may last a week, a month, very seldom much longer. If a person really enjoys playing one game it is often best to find a community that only plays that game i.e. Halo 3 exclusive sites/clans; Forza sites/clans; Call of Duty sites/clans; Reistance/Gran Turismo/ whatever ... etc. It is particularly difficult during the fall months when all sorts of new games are released - it is difficult for anyone to go play an older game.

I do have high hopes that this can be changed with the release of Home (if this ever happens). I think it would be easier to simply arrange a CAG room and have people meet there at any time. Then they can arrange their own games as the fickle group wishes. One time many will play Resistance, some will play SOCOM, and a few may join a LBP group. Hopefully everyone who joins the CAG room has the same game ethos and are in search of like minded people - the actual game played is secondary.[/quote]

UT3 has some low attendance nights, but the regulars show up more often than not and it's going really strong (a lot of people picking it up on the cheap) since when we launched it last spring (when it was out of hype). I'm really happy with it and it's always a good time for me and I'm pretty sure the people who go. It helps there's always new custom content that can be loaded and that's a pain to setup, but well worth it. :) All in all, I'm happy I put the time in to get it running.

[quote name='hone']UT3 has some low attendance nights, but the regulars show up more often than not and it's going really strong (a lot of people picking it up on the cheap) since when we launched it last spring (when it was out of hype). I'm really happy with it and it's always a good time for me and I'm pretty sure the people who go. It helps there's always new custom content that can be loaded and that's a pain to setup, but well worth it. :) All in all, I'm happy I put the time in to get it running.[/QUOTE]True. That's pretty much my goal, not just have big game nights, but have many small game communities. I feel it's great to have them because if people eventually pick the game up, they have CAGs to play with. :D

[quote name='Zyzomys']Welcome to the world of Xbox 360 gaming! By this I mean there is a very large group of gamers that buy all the new games, and as a group they then move on to the next best game that has just been released. The hype and excitement for that game may last a week, a month, very seldom much longer. If a person really enjoys playing one game it is often best to find a community that only plays that game i.e. Halo 3 exclusive sites/clans; Forza sites/clans; Call of Duty sites/clans; Reistance/Gran Turismo/ whatever ... etc. It is particularly difficult during the fall months when all sorts of new games are released - it is difficult for anyone to go play an older game.

I do have high hopes that this can be changed with the release of Home (if this ever happens). I think it would be easier to simply arrange a CAG room and have people meet there at any time. Then they can arrange their own games as the fickle group wishes. One time many will play Resistance, some will play SOCOM, and a few may join a LBP group. Hopefully everyone who joins the CAG room has the same game ethos and are in search of like minded people - the actual game played is secondary.[/QUOTE]I was apart of XBL gaming for a period of time, so I know how it is.

Anyway, when there are big release times, I let game nights slide so people can play many of the new games. However, my goal is to have multiple communities within PSN, where people have the choice of mostly sticking to one, or play multiple ones. If people prefer to just play a game for a week and move on, they can but might not have the luck of finding CAGs to do this. The main reason I do this is to give people a chance at CAG, no matter when they buy games, to play with many CAGs. CAG PSN Gaming has brought the PS3 forum closer together at CAG in a way (especially when compared to before). I am still a bit disappointed about never really getting CAG nights to work for some games (like I wanted to see Battlefield played more often and many other games), but I try.

I'm just highly dedicated to this and it kind of acts like my current full time job (I'll admit I'd probably find a job quicker if I wasn't so involved with this). ;)

Anyway, I wanted to announce we will have a night for:
Hot Shots Golf: OoB (due to voice chat update) and MotorStorm: PR for a limited time. If people want to play, I need to know so I make sure everyone knows what time and day to play on.

Buzz is Sunday nights, to let everyone know.

PSN Name: Tex317
CAG Name: Chev317
Nickname: N/A
Play Style: Recreation
Time Zone: Central
Days, Time Available: Evenings and Weekends
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, Civ:Rev, Burnout Paradise, Lego Star Wars, Motorstorm, Metal Gear Online, Saints Row 2
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Burnout Paradise
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Resistance 2 (whenever I get it)
Favorite genres to play online: Sports or Shooters, most common types of online games I suppose...I'd really play anything as long as its interesting

I updated the master list.

I have some bad news to tell everyone. After Sunday, my involvement with CAG PSN Gaming will most likely be VERY minimal. The main reason is I'm heavily being forced into getting some more important things relating to life done, and I'll admit CAG PSN Gaming takes away a lot of that time. However, this does NOT mean I'm abandoning and never playing/scheduling a game night. All this means is that I may not be around to update the threads much at all and may not be able to coordinate as many game nights as I use to. I'll still be a host for some games and still show up. I'm really sorry to say this, but it's not a good situation.

Anyway, if anyone wants to make a game night for a game (and needs to contact me), want certain threads to be updated, or anything else relating to PSN Gaming, they can do one of two things.

Send email to: cagpsngaming [at] gmail.com
Send PSN message to: ManaKnight (I prefer to not be added as a friend since my list is near full)

Anyone getting MK vs DC this week interested in playing? My Amazon copy is supposed to come in by Tuesday. I did a search in the PS3 forums and couldn't find a thread for the game which is why I decided to post here.

[quote name='woodcan']Anyone getting MK vs DC this week interested in playing? My Amazon copy is supposed to come in by Tuesday. I did a search in the PS3 forums and couldn't find a thread for the game which is why I decided to post here.[/QUOTE]Well, you or someone else at the PS3 forum could start a thread: MK vs. DC Universe - Gen Discussion & Info, and get into a discussion about the game and such. Also, you can see who's getting it there on PS3 and arrange games.

Unfortunately I will not be buying it this year, maybe down the road.

To let everyone know, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD has been added to the mix:

Super Street Fighter II HD
Administrator: evergoo
Server Name: It's a Private Match (Tournament)
Main Day: Saturday/Sunday
Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204113
Special Instructions: You will receive an invite to get in the game. Not required to be on the host or anyones friend list, but makes things easier. Up to six people per game.

We will be having tournaments on Saturday/Sunday starting at 7pm EST / 4 pm EST. Go to the thread for more details. evergoo is the administrator for it. If you want to be apart of it, sign up at the thread.

I also made MotorStorm: PR a night. I'll be the administrator, to ask me for details on Tuesday (every even week) game night.

PSN Name: davvalco
CAG Name: Yoh
Nickname: David
USB Camera: Yes
Play Style: Fun
Time Zone: Mountain Time
Days, Time Available: Week at nights (if I don't get too late from gym) and weekends.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned:
CoD 4
Resistance & Resistance 2
Warhawk
Burnout Paradise
Wipeout HD
MotorStorm
Socom
LBP
GTA IV
Calling all Cars
Far Cry 2
Wolf of Commando: Battlefield
Super Street Fighter II HD

Current Favorite Multi-player Game:
CoD 4
Resistance 2

Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: LBP, Resistance 2

Favorite genres to play online: Action, RPG, FPS.

I updated the OP of this thread. :D

Also, I wanted to let everyone know, I just recently made ONE change to the profile information. Everyone is NOT required to make this update, but this is just for people who sign up. I changed the following category:

Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: (self explanatory)

2008 is just about over, so I feel it's best to now say what your most wanted game in 2009 is. I didn't think much when posting, but right now I'll say it's probably Killzone 2.

Some examples are:
Guitar Hero Metallica
Killzone 2
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
Tom Clancy HAWX

If anyone wants to post their PS3 Trophy gamercard or whatever along with their information, feel free to do so (I just did):
ManaKnight.png

PSN Name: OatmealMu
CAG Name: OatmealMu
Nickname: *
Keyboard: Yes
Play Style: For fun
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Days, Time Available: Afternoons and evenings
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Online, MLB 08: The Show, Motorstorm, Warhawk
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: *
Favorite genres to play online: Racing and action

All right, I kind of updated the schedule:

Schedule
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]
Sunday
Buzz! Quiz TV @ 9pm EST / 6pm PST
SOCOM Confrontation @ 10:30pm EST / 7:30pm PST

Monday
Unreal Tournament 3 @ 9:30pm EST / 6:30pm PST

Tuesday
Burnout Paradise @ 9pm EST (Odd Weeks)
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift @ 9pm EST (Even Weeks)

Wednesday
Resistance 2 @ 9pm EST / 5pm PST (Time can be fixed)
Grand Theft Auto IV @ 10pm EST / 7pm PST

Thursday
Open

Friday
Resistance 2 Competitive Only @ 9pm EST / 7pm PST
Warhawk @ 10pm EST / 7pm PST

Saturday
Super Street Fighter II HD @ 7pm EST / 4pm PST
Resistance 2 @ 9pm EST / 6pm PST
Warhawk @ 11pm EST / 8pm PST

I'm looking at maybe making Thursday a RB2 night. I know it may be tough to get something worked out, but I want to try. While MotorStorm: Pacific Rift night is every other week, it MIGHT not happen every time yet until more get it (I see that game picking up down the road).

PSN Name: wotcher
CAG Name: enufs8d
Headset: Yes, if i get finally pair the official ps3 headset
Time Zone: Pacific
Days, Time Available: Occasional evenings and weekends
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Resistance 2, Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, LittleBigPlanet, Street Fighter II HD, Wipeout HD, Rock Band 2, CoD4
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Resistance 2

CAG Name: ChiefsFan21
PSN Name: Joel-Rox
Nickname: None
Headset: Playstation Official Headset
Keyboard: Ordered Official Keypad
Play Style: Recreational
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: Every Day
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, LittleBigPlanet, Soul Calibur 4, Socom: Confrontation (VERY SOON ( SO SOON YOU WILL BE SUPRISED)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Endwar
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Uncharted 2
Favorite genres to play online: Real Time Strategy, 3rd Person Shooter, Platformer

Last edited by a moderator:
CAG Name: encendido5
PSN Name: condor80
Nickname: condor
Days, Time Available: Nights
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Socom: Confrontation, Little Big Planet, Warhawk, Resistance, Buzz, Metal Gear
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Socom: Confrontation
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: ?
Favorite genres to play online: 3rd Person Shooter

All right, I updated the list. A few CAG PSN Updates.

I apologize for Buzz! players over no CAG night the last two weeks (Yesterday was the Spike VGA). I can look into re-scheduling for this week or holding off until next week.

SOCOM Confrontation is NOW on the schedule for Tuesday 10pm EST / 7pm PST

I would like to get a RB2 night going on Thursday, just have to work out some details.

SF II Turbo HD doesn't really have its tournament for now, since evergoo and I are trying to think of a good way to handle the tournament.

MotorStorm: PR will be this Tuesday night (instead of Burnout) if we can get a decent turnout. If anyone has it, PLEASE post in this thread until I make a new one.

I would like to see game nights for CoD: WaW, Far Cry 2, or some other shooters; however, I cannot create them since I don't own the games. If people want a night, talk to me and I'll work with you to get the CAG night setup (by figuring out a good time to play, I'll have you create a thread, and so on).

As more games allow for launching in home, we will look into game launching from home for CAG PSN Gaming.

I'd be into some CAG RB2 nights. I have a guitar, but I only really like to play drums on Medium/Hard. Thursdays would work for that.

[quote name='QiG']I'd be into some CAG RB2 nights. I have a guitar, but I only really like to play drums on Medium/Hard. Thursdays would work for that.[/QUOTE]My only problem with RB2 is that I know we won't have many volunteers for vocals, and I'll have to find ways to split people into multiple groups. Due to the size of my buddy list, it will be hard to make a main CAG night.

Right now I will say, if anyone is interested in playing RB2 sometime on Thursday night, let me know. I might try to get a group playing together.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I updated the list. A few CAG PSN Updates.

I apologize for Buzz! players over no CAG night the last two weeks (Yesterday was the Spike VGA). I can look into re-scheduling for this week or holding off until next week.

SOCOM Confrontation is NOW on the schedule for Tuesday 10pm EST / 7pm PST

I would like to get a RB2 night going on Thursday, just have to work out some details.

SF II Turbo HD doesn't really have its tournament for now, since evergoo and I are trying to think of a good way to handle the tournament.

MotorStorm: PR will be this Tuesday night (instead of Burnout) if we can get a decent turnout. If anyone has it, PLEASE post in this thread until I make a new one.

I would like to see game nights for CoD: WaW, Far Cry 2, or some other shooters; however, I cannot create them since I don't own the games. If people want a night, talk to me and I'll work with you to get the CAG night setup (by figuring out a good time to play, I'll have you create a thread, and so on).

As more games allow for launching in home, we will look into game launching from home for CAG PSN Gaming.[/quote]

Thanks man. Hopefully they add the Socom room and Game Launching very soon. I think they need the party system implemented first. Shouldnt be long though.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']My only problem with RB2 is that I know we won't have many volunteers for vocals, and I'll have to find ways to split people into multiple groups. Due to the size of my buddy list, it will be hard to make a main CAG night.

Right now I will say, if anyone is interested in playing RB2 sometime on Thursday night, let me know. I might try to get a group playing together.[/quote]

We have a Rock Band 2 thread in ps3 forum, try posting in there to get people whenever you want to start something. Of course, I'm always good for it if I'm around http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197331

PSN Name: ataric
CAG Name: kdeezy
Nickname: n/a
Days, Time Available: Nights & weekends
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Little Big Planet, Resistance 2
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Little Big Planet
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Killzone 2
Favorite genres to play online: Sports & Shooters

PSN Name: ohvermie
CAG Name: ohvermie
Nickname: n/a
Days, Time Available: Most weekday nights
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Little Big Planet, Warhawk, GTA4, Rock Band 2, Wipeout HD, Pure
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: None really at the moment, more Warhawk? :)
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters, Rhythm, Racing

PSN Name: BSBishop
CAG Name: Brad Bishop
Nickname: Brad
Days, Time Available: Mon-Thu, evenings
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Crash Commando, Calling All Cars, Buzz! Quiz TV, Little Big Planet
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Crash Commando
Favorite genres to play online: Arcadish games / quick play

PSN Name: Nogglefish
CAG Name: Nogglefish
Nickname: Nog, Noggle, ...
Play Style: Pong
Days, Time Available: M-Th: 7pm-10pm, F-Sun: More
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Socom
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Socom

All right, I updated the thread. Here are a few things I gotta say:
1. Resistance 2 will move to having ONE co-op night per week, instead of 2. I will either keep it on Wednesday night early or leave it on Saturday night. I'm LEANING towards Wednesday. I'll let there be competitive on Friday early also.

2. Rock Band 2 night is being worked in. I might start (or I'll tell someone to do it) on how we'll organize CAG Rock Band 2. Right now it's set for Thursday nights at 10pm EST.

3. MotorStorm: PR and Burnout are still alternating for now. If I do see a greater interests in MotorStorm: PR (because of the sale) and when new Burnout DLC comes, I will look into separating both.

4. I added TF2 into the mix at 7pm EST for Thursday.

5. Crash Commando, I'm thinking of squeezing it sometime on Monday. If people feel that's a decent day to do it, I'll take to Brad Bishop and make it official for now.

6. I still plan to have a Hot Shots Golf: OoB night sometime (just for a limited time) since the updates, but haven't got around to deciding when yet.

7. SFII is on the schedule but not running. I still need to talk with evergoo on what we should do.

Schedule
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Sunday
Buzz! Quiz TV @ 9pm EST / 6pm PST
SOCOM Confrontation @ 10:30pm EST / 7:30pm PST

Monday
Crash Commando @ 8pm EST / 5pm PST
Unreal Tournament 3 @ 9:30pm EST / 6:30pm PST

Tuesday
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift @ 9pm EST / 6pm PST
SOCOM Confrontation @ 10pm EST / 7pm PST

Wednesday
Resistance 2 @ 9pm EST / 5pm PST (Time can be fixed)
Grand Theft Auto IV @ 10pm EST / 7pm PST

Thursday
Team Fortress 2 @ 7pm EST / 4pm PST
Rock Band 2 @ 10pm EST / 7pm PST (Not actively running 100% up and running yet)

Friday
Resistance 2 Competitive Only @ 9pm EST / 7pm PST
Warhawk @ 10pm EST / 7pm PST

Saturday
Super Street Fighter II HD @ 7pm EST / 4pm PST (Not actively running)
Resistance 2 @ 9pm EST / 6pm PST
Warhawk @ 11pm EST / 8pm PST

Burnout Paradise (Will get a new night, debating Monday, Thursday, or Saturday)

Changes look good and I like the additions of Crash Commando and TF2. I'm hoping someone will call my number on goozex for Resistance 2 soon and I'll be all over co-op night.

PSN Name: Obscur_Nocht
CAG Name: Obscur
Nickname: "Obs" Phonetic: Awbs
Headset: No
Play Style: Hell if I know, not too serious, but don't just stop by to chat
Time Zone: PST
Days, Time Available: Weekends, Thursday
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Metal Gear Online, Call of Duty 4, LittleBigPlanet, Grand Theft Auto IV
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Call of Duty 4 (Subject to frequent change, don't bother too much)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Massive Action Game
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters (are there really any others?)

I updated the list. Crash Commando is NOW set for the Monday at 8pm EST time slot. I explained in the Crash Commando thread how to get in on CAG nights. I will clean this thread up and make an official listing for Commando sometime this week.

PSN Name: Shrapnellistic
CAG Name: Shrapnellistic
Nickname: Shrapnel, Shic
Play Style: Rambo-ish.
Time Zone: Pacific (-8 GMT)
Days, Time Available: Whenever.
Current Favorite Multiplayer Game: Battlefield: Bad Company, Team Fortress 2, GTAIV (Free Roam, Race, Cops 'n Crooks), CoD4:MW, CoD:WaW (Nazi Zombies)
Most Anticipated Multiplayer Game in 2009: Killzone 2, Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Favorite genres to play online: FPS, TPS, Racers

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Regarding Resistance 2, Warhawk, and SOCOM:C, shouldn't they just get one night?[/QUOTE]I'll tell you the situation:
-Warhawk has been our most successful game overall (over 100 have played Warhawk with us at CAG). I always host the Friday match. Since there are some who cannot play Friday and people who are willing to play Warhawk late on Saturday, DD83 hosts it. Both nights are doing very well and it's not really conflicting anything, so I'm keeping it around. For a while it was Friday Warhawk was unranked, but gave a chance for new people to play and experienced to mess with boosters a little at the end. Saturday was ranked, but limited to clan only.

-Resistance 2 had two nights because during the month of November/early December, it was the most played game by CAGs (on PS3). Since weekends were better for some while a weekday was better for others, we split it up. Attendance was great enough to allow for it. But due to a drop of attendance on last Saturday, I'm looking at making it one night. We had a third night mostly because some wanted to play competitive (since the other night was mostly co-op).

-SOCOM Confrontation was initially just Sunday. However, due to being quite late on Sunday (especially to me and to some), we went ahead and added a Tuesday. While it somewhat conflicts a little with the racing game night, I'm going to tweak the day a little to make it more manageable. SOCOM is still kind of being experimented with having two days. But for most games we stick to one day per week, unless it's pretty popular.

Two main flaws I can admit with CAG PSN Gaming (which I want to find ways to resolve) are people in the west coast might have it difficult during the week since games start early and end early (before some get off work/school), and it's been really hard getting 4 player online games to work well (Buzz seems to not be doing bad though). But I'm committed to constantly improving CAG PSN Gaming.

I have a few schedule updates:
1. Crash Commando is getting the Monday slot, at 8pm EST / 5pm PST

Crash Commando
Administrator: BSBishop
Server Name: Whoever the CAG Host is
Main Day: Monday
Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190841
Special Instructions: You MUST be a friend with someone playing
1. Go to find game
2. Press the square button and put the list filter to either "friends" or "friend-chain".
3. Press X to apply changes and you should see the CAG game listed.

2. Call of Duty: World At War, probably 9pm EST / 6pm PST or 10pm EST / 7pm PST

Call of Duty: World At War
Administrator: kube00
Server Name: It's a Private Match
Main Day: Thursday
Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208490
Special Instructions: Get on a buddy list of someone who plays, and you'll get an invite

Although CoD: WaW is on Thursday for the main day (after talking with kube00), that does NOT mean Rock Band 2 on Thursday will no longer happen. Thursday was a good day to schedule because there was no larger multi-player game scheduled later in the evening (that I know a decent number own). Most I know who play RB2 do not own CoD: WaW. Those who do own both, they'll be scheduled to play RB2 either earlier sometime or later (depending upon if they are East/West), or maybe play on another day. Regardless, it will work out.

Regardless of all the crazy scheduling I've done, I'm leaning towards putting Burnout Paradise sometime on Saturday (since I'm pretty much giving MotorStorm: PR Tuesday), but I gotta work with times.

Yeah, I started doing Saturday Warhawk (and will continue doing it (unless I fall asleep :oops: :lol:) indefinitely) because I like Warhawk and I like playing with CAGs but my job (I work afternoon) usually prevents or severely limits my Friday Warhawk time.
I also usually do longer matches (15 - 20 minutes where TMK usually does 10 minutes matches).
It occasionally is ranked, sometimes restricted by Clan, sometimes by Friend List, however if I notice new people in the thread, during Friday's game, or if I think it'll be a slow night, I'll do unranked. It's not that popular, we usually have the same group of ~8 people show up each week, sometimes we'll get a better turnout (10-12+), but it's fun and we'll usually play for ~3 hours.

[quote name='mguiddy']Yeah, I started doing Saturday Warhawk (and will continue doing it (unless I fall asleep :oops: :lol:) indefinitely) because I like Warhawk and I like playing with CAGs but my job (I work afternoon) usually prevents or severely limits my Friday Warhawk time.
I also usually do longer matches (15 - 20 minutes where TMK usually does 10 minutes matches).
It occasionally is ranked, sometimes restricted by Clan, sometimes by Friend List, however if I notice new people in the thread, during Friday's game, or if I think it'll be a slow night, I'll do unranked. It's not that popular, we usually have the same group of ~8 people show up each week, sometimes we'll get a better turnout (10-12+), but it's fun and we'll usually play for ~3 hours.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I remember you did that also. There is NO WAY I'm ever forcing your Warhawk night out (I want to keep it for as long as possible). ;)

PSN Name: weatherman7
CAG Name: jhweathers
Headset: yes
Play Style: not sure
Time Zone: central
Days, Time Available: 2-5 cst or whenever i am free
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: always changing
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: madden
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: gt5
Favorite genres to play online: any mostly sports though

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I remember you did that also. There is NO WAY I'm ever forcing your Warhawk night out (I want to keep it for as long as possible). ;)[/quote]

Dont let these guys pimp out our Warhawk and Socom Nights!!

PSN Name: HostileFire
CAG Name: Hostile
Nickname: ---
Headset: Yes, but I don't know if I'll use it often. We'll see.
Play Style: Pro
Time Zone: EST, but the time usually doesn't matter to me.
Days, Time Available: Anytime is game-time, awoo!
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty 4, Crash Commando, Killzone 2, LittleBIGPlanet, SSF2THDR, Street Fighter IV, Warhawk, WipEout HD
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Battlefield Heroes (PC), Diablo III (PC), Dragon Quest IX (DS), Fat Princess, Starcraft II (PC), Street Fighter IV
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters... even though I'm not a huge FPS fan.

PSN Name: bengy81
CAG Name: ocbengtson
Nickname: binky
Headset: yes, but don't use it
Keyboard: no
USB Camera: no
Play Style: recreation/casual
Time Zone: PST
Days, Time Available: Sat/Sun all day, weeknights after 5
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: TF2, GT5:p, Warhawk, RSV2, LBP
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: TF2
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Street fighter IV, fat princess
Favorite genres to play online: FPS

PSN Name: Bamafan249
CAG Name: Sneakydoug
Nickname:
Headset: No
Time Zone: Central
Days, Time Available: 6 o'clock central
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Orange Box, CoD WaW
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: CoD WaW
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Killzone 2
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters, Fighting, Sports, Western RPGS, Racing, Platformers

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back