CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

The Burnout platinum is easy, but the warhawk is nearly impossible because one is getting to a certain rank that will probably take hundreds of hours playing on ranked servers (I'd suspect it would take much more time than Resistance 2's 10,000 kills trophy). If you get there and just need some of the others I'm sure some of us would be willing to set up a game to let you (and others) get the crazy first place with most kills and no deaths type things.

Most of Warhawk's non rank/badge/medal based trophies can be done with just a second controller.

The only ones that come to mind that can't are "LoneWolf", "Cowboy", and the clan ones.

[quote name='zenprime']Even if we don't do a raid on public servers, I kinda miss having the Saturday games being ranked matches.[/quote]
Me too...

I might make this my final week coordinating CAG Warhawk. After that, I may hand it off.

The clan will go to DD83. Haven't decided about Friday night Warhawk, but I'll probably leave it up to freakyzeeky. I have not yet decided what to do about this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']I might make this my final week coordinating CAG Warhawk. After that, I may hand it off.[/quote]

Gee don't so cheery about it.

freaky is
palin%20motorcycle.jpg
, of course!

And zen and trw can be the Bush twins. :D

I will host tonight. After tonight, very good chance I'll never host Warhawk again, and I dunno if I'll ever show up to another Warhawk night. I will get to play Warhawk on my new TV tonight. :D

I guess this means I need to play tonight. Should we start early as well, it seems to work out for resistance nights that people get on early, even if just some regular deathmatch.

I'm in to say Farewell to Friday Warhawk. I always thought the skill curve was much more forgiving with the Friday crowd. :D

[quote name='fuss']friend will try to show up tonight, so if you see some random person in there its him.[/QUOTE]

BlueScrote?

Thanks for hosting Mana!

[quote name='iggywiggum']BlueScrote?

Thanks for hosting Mana![/quote]
No, that was not him. I guess his wife made him go out on a date again this week lol.

but fuck my internet cut out in the second booster match. And it just came back on. fuck I am pissed off about that. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

What a good night.. I got from -3 points on the second last map to duking it out til the last second for 1st place on the last one. (Damn you.. I was really hoping to place 1st for the first time ever). Thanks again TMK.. I know you dedicate a lot of time to CAG nights and it's a thankless job.

[quote name='fuss']No, that was not him. I guess his wife made him go out on a date again this week lol.

but fuck my internet cut out in the second booster match. And it just came back on. fuck I am pissed off about that. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]
I's wondering why I couldn't find you sniping during the DM in the village. :lol:

Fun games tonight, it's been too long since I was at a big game like that. And sorry about all the tank chaos, qig. :lol: Especially in that Badlands Collection round... I spent the whole time just patrolling the center and you'd keep running up the hill on foot. You got me back later, though. :hot:

And thanks Mana for hosting these Friday games for so long. Warhawk was the first game I really played with CAG, so it's sad to see the official TheManaKnight-certified Friday Warhawk nights come to an end. I'll just have to start showing up to more of the Saturday games... and sitting out the Standoffs, of course. :cool:

Thank you TMK, you done a great thing hosting for all us CAGs this whole time. Like metaly, it's the first game I've ever played online with CAGs...

Now excuse me as I go cry in the corner, over there... @_@

I cleared off some people out of the Warhawk clan. I updated the pending invites to what they should be, and the clan list should be accurate. I finally handed the clan off to DD83 and removed my messages from the front page of the clan.

[quote name='iggywiggum']BlueScrote?

Thanks for hosting Mana![/QUOTE]No problem. :)

[quote name='QiG']What a good night.. I got from -3 points on the second last map to duking it out til the last second for 1st place on the last one. (Damn you.. I was really hoping to place 1st for the first time ever). Thanks again TMK.. I know you dedicate a lot of time to CAG nights and it's a thankless job.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was trying so hard to win that game, but I just fell apart.

No problem. :)

[quote name='metaly']Fun games tonight, it's been too long since I was at a big game like that. And sorry about all the tank chaos, qig. :lol: Especially in that Badlands Collection round... I spent the whole time just patrolling the center and you'd keep running up the hill on foot. You got me back later, though. :hot:

And thanks Mana for hosting these Friday games for so long. Warhawk was the first game I really played with CAG, so it's sad to see the official TheManaKnight-certified Friday Warhawk nights come to an end. I'll just have to start showing up to more of the Saturday games... and sitting out the Standoffs, of course. :cool:[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm surprised Warhawk went for as long as it did, but like I said in another thread, I REALLY need to cut back on responsibilities right now.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Thank you TMK, you done a great thing hosting for all us CAGs this whole time. Like metaly, it's the first game I've ever played online with CAGs...

Now excuse me as I go cry in the corner, over there... @_@[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's the first game many played with CAGs. Then again, at one point it was the online only game going on. ;)

This does not mean, I will never show up at Warhawk again. It's pretty much guaranteed I'll show up at other Warhawk nights. Right now I removed Friday Warhawk from the thread title, but once the hosting is decided, it will be back up again (whoever hosts can do it however they want, ranked, boosters only,same as me, etc.).

I can't believe I missed the last Mana hosted Friday game. I've been MIA for a couple weeks since I went out of town last week, and last night I ended up at a friend's place to play some Rock Band and watch Battlestar Galactica. Oh well, I guess we still have the Saturday night games. I know I'm itching for some Warhawk tonight.

If anyone wants to host Fridays, just post.
I've been lucky/unlucky enough to get out of work early enough to make it home in time, but my ability to host Fridays are always up in the air.

Hi all, am new, I have been searching for a while to find a group to play ps3 with. I saw the R2 night is tonight along with the warhawk night. I will try to make it to both. I do have a question though, is mic use frequent around here? It seems PS3 userd don't use them mutch.

There's some mic usage in Warhawk, but it's mainly just chatting. We usually have "all talk" on so both teams can hear what the other team is saying, so we don't do much "I need backup at base 3" type stuff.

[quote name='mguiddy']There's some mic usage in Warhawk, but it's mainly just chatting. We usually have "all talk" on so both teams can hear what the other team is saying, so we don't do much "I need backup at base 3" type stuff.[/QUOTE]zenprime and I would use the mics a lot. ;)

[quote name='mguiddy']There's some mic usage in Warhawk, but it's mainly just chatting. We usually have "all talk" on so both teams can hear what the other team is saying, so we don't do much "I need backup at base 3" type stuff.[/quote]
need back up at base 3 is baboon hammock in code.

baboon hammoc...got it.I guess baboon means base and hammock is 4.

Anyway, as long as its used, thats good. At least there is the possibility for coordination.

Sweet, I'll see you online tonight.

Good fun tonight. Sorry I missed out on the last Mana-hosted WH yesterday, too tired to play, I literally fell asleep at 9:59pm

Thanks for the memories (& hosting) Mana

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Did you shoot my mine with your sniper rifle and killed me, mguiddy? >_

Last edited by a moderator:
I only got a chance to play through 2 games on Friday before the boosters started (I really need to stop dragging my feet and just buy them), but I had a lot of fun.

GL with your future endeavors TMK. I'm not sure exactly where your going with the linux (my advice: try the ubuntu distro) or programming (java isn't my language of choice), but I wish you the best of luck. You seem to be the heart of the PS3 gaming nights, so I hope that doesn't disappear.

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol:
Yep, you wouldn't stand still long enough for me to shoot you.
And yep, Ambient Warfare is a mean somonabish!:cool: I can't believe you let an unmanned jeep run you over. :rofl:[/quote]

It was? :shock:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']It was? :shock:[/quote]
:rofl:
Yeah, I was driving and I hopped out to get a core.
Someone was on the turret though, so I guess it wasn't totally unmanned.

[quote name='zenprime']Oh my, that last hero match I was in I seem to have channeled SoCal's sniping fingers.[/quote]
LOL nice.

So whats going on this Friday? Do we have a game? Do we have a host? I am not yet working Friday nights so I can host this Friday if needed.

bread's done
Back