CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='Devil May Cry']When you put your cursor over a game, it'll have a preview image of what map it's being played on. If it has a padlock over the picture, you don't have that map pack.[/quote]

Alright. Thanks for the info, DMC.

Since I don't know whether or not I'll be playing this game beyond a couple weeks or months, I don't view the boosters as being 'worth it' just yet, unless I flip some more games and have uber cheap credit to burn at Blockbuster or Gamestop and can get another PSN card for pennies on the dollar.

Heck, I downloaded and installed the add-on pack for Mercs 2 when it first came out, but only because it was FREE(same deal with Little Big Planet, free=good, pay=bleh). I wouldn't pay the $2 for it they currently want(namely since I've largely forgotten about the game).

About the only pack I might DL would be the one with the jetpack, since that seems like it'd be a really fun item to fly around with.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright, how the fuck fuck fuck do you figure out which games are being played with boosters versus those being played without them? I ask because I went to try out my copy of Warhawk from the Sears clearance last night, only to keep being told that 'I didn't have the required map for that'.

Otherwise, from the training mode I played through, it seemed like a really FUN title.

Maybe I'll have to join one of the games you guys run one of these Friday or Saturday nights.[/quote]

There's a way to filter servers to only show ones that only require maps that you have.

Also... I may be imagining it, but I swore there was some color code, or something, that would show you if you had all the maps the server is using, if you don't have the maps the server is using but you have the current map, and if you don't have the maps the server is using and you don't have the current map. I swear it did that, but it's been so long since I used the server browser.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']The blood-red colured ceremonial robe should be in your mailbox early this week. Wear it at every CAG night. Unfortunately the dagger will take a few weeks, but don't worry, there's nothing too illegal involved with that stuff. Just start scoping out the neighbourhood virgins and we'll explain the rest later... :twisted:[/quote]

Unfortunately, the dagger is only available to those living in the USA. :cool: We require proof of residency before delivering the dagger.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
About the only pack I might DL would be the one with the jetpack, since that seems like it'd be a really fun item to fly around with.[/quote]
Just so you know, I usually mix the boosters. So only buying the jetpack booster would still exclude you from a lot of the games. Plus, you'd miss the greatest map ever, CARMAGEDDON!

mguiddy, is there way use two boosters in a round?

Has anyone visited the official Warhawk site lately? I tried to access the info on the boosters and says "not authorized to access content" WTH?

[quote name='Romis']mguiddy, is there way use two boosters in a round?

Has anyone visited the official Warhawk site lately? I tried to access the info on the boosters and says "not authorized to access content" WTH?[/quote]
Nope, one of the downfalls of the game is you can only use one booster in a round. :cry:

[quote name='mguiddy']Unfortunately, the dagger is only available to those living in the USA. :cool: We require proof of residency before delivering the dagger.[/quote]

:censored: !

fuck you mguiddy, bringing up old wounds and picking on my background like I was a leper.

Damned GGL tourney... CANADA IS A PART OF NORTH AMERICA, EH! :bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']About the only pack I might DL would be the one with the jetpack, since that seems like it'd be a really fun item to fly around with.[/quote]

IMO Cheapest, if you get a pack, get one that compliments your preferred style of play. Jetpacks are great for deathmatch and can be useful for multiplayer, but the first pack is best if your more of a multiplayer participant. The APC is useless for DM, but great for maps with exciting CTF rounds. I also like the map that came with the APC more, it just seems more well-rounded to me, better overall for DM, CTF, Zone, etc. But other Warhawk CAGs might disagree...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']:censored: !

fuck you mguiddy, bringing up old wounds and picking on my background like I was a leper.

Damned GGL tourney... CANADA IS A PART OF NORTH AMERICA, EH! :bomb:[/quote]
:cool:
Don't forget who stood with you to tell GGL to shaq-fu off.
But seriously... take a few steps back... I don't want to catch anything.;)

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']IMO Cheapest, if you get a pack, get one that compliments your preferred style of play. Jetpacks are great for deathmatch and can be useful for multiplayer, but the first pack is best if your more of a multiplayer participant. The APC is useless for DM, but great for maps with exciting CTF rounds. I also like the map that came with the APC more, it just seems more well-rounded to me, better overall for DM, CTF, Zone, etc. But other Warhawk CAGs might disagree...[/quote]
I agree. The Broken Mirror map is the best map ever. I can't stand the other two booster maps, which is why I rarely use them.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u'] The APC is useless for DM...[/quote]

You've obviously never played against me in GTA IV online, where I use a vehicle for kills very often. That is, assuming that Warhawks' deathmatch mode is mostly ground based.

If that's the case, then WATCH OUT. :lol:

I know mguiddy can't wait to hear me humming the Smurfs theme with my voice changer on and set to -2 or just making random distracting noises, like I do on CAG GTA IV night. :lol:

Of course, this week I have a cold and a touch of laryngitis, you lucky bastards, so no singing for now. :cry:

[quote name='mguiddy']:cool:
Don't forget who stood with you to tell GGL to shaq-fu off.
But seriously... take a few steps back... I don't want to catch anything.;)[/quote]

Very true, and I thank you for that. Not that you were thrilled with them in the first place :lol:

[quote name='zenprime']The APC is great for fending off attacks from unprepared reckless pilots. Of course, I'm only unprepared 33% of the time.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o

The fact you feel that you are ever unprepared has me surprised!

I've only seen the APC on the glacier map, until the other nite, I guess that is what the eight wheel - thinge sort of like a RIOT-SWAT vehicle? I jumped in and it rams tanks & jeeps in your way... "Look out I'm driving" lol

Something else that seems to be left out is bonus points for being a 'Sabotuer" infilitrating the enemy's base and steeling big items: Transports, APC's, tanks, Warhawks & fixed guns.

[quote name='Romis']I've only seen the APC on the glacier map, until the other nite, I guess that is what the eight wheel - thinge sort of like a RIOT-SWAT vehicle? I jumped in and it rams tanks & jeeps in your way... "Look out I'm driving" lol

on They should give bonus points for being a 'Sabotuer" infilitrating the enemy and steeling big items: Transports, APC's, Tanks. On badlands it's easy to take over the enemy's base.. and pin them down...lol..[/quote]
Yeah, the APC is the eight wheeled thingy that is the vehicle that came with the glacial map, so that's why you see it there mostly. It can boost ram to destroy Jeeps, Warhawks, and other APC and can push around tanks. It is also a mobile spawn point.

They do have the trophy for "spawning into an APC"/"having someone spawn into your APC" behind enemy lines.

I hope this has not been asked already being that the thread is up to 232 pages. I want to play the Warhawk expansions on other users on the same PS3. Possible?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know mguiddy can't wait to hear me humming the Smurfs theme with my voice changer on and set to -2 or just making random distracting noises, like I do on CAG GTA IV night. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's if we can hear you over zen's humming. Mr. Sandman.... :lol:

[quote name='AleetPanda']I hope this has not been asked already being that the thread is up to 232 pages. I want to play the Warhawk expansions on other users on the same PS3. Possible?[/quote]

Generally, when you download content to your PS3 from the PSN store for the most part it will work with Any User on That Machine. There might be some exceptions, but I've not heard any problems with the warhawk Boosters

I don't have a download copy of warhawk though, I just have the Booster Bundle that I downloaded. I have used it with more than one user on my ps3 but I used them in conjunction with a disc copy of the main game (if that matters) lol

[quote name='iggywiggum']That's if we can hear you over zen's humming. Mr. Sandman.... :lol:[/quote]
I had to check the player roster to see if Cheapest was in the game when he was doing that.

:lol: Yesterday was the first time I ever heard Zen over the mic, all the other times it's just been headset static/mumbling.

[quote name='Romis']Generally, when you download content to your PS3 from the PSN store for the most part it will work with Any User on That Machine. There might be some exceptions, but I've not heard any problems with the warhawk Boosters

I don't have a download copy of warhawk though, I just have the Booster Bundle that I downloaded. I have used it with more than one user on my ps3 but I used them in conjunction with a disc copy of the main game (if that matters) lol[/QUOTE]

I am in the same situation but the other user doesn't see the expansions on the PS3 and has the option of buying them. Does the user have to have the same PSN account?

[quote name='GodlyOne']:lol: Yesterday was the first time I ever heard Zen over the mic, all the other times it's just been headset static/mumbling.[/quote]

Arg. I think my headset is dying or it might be the surround sound sweet spot. I need to get the official headset but I don't want to pay full price.

[quote name='zenprime']Arg. I think my headset is dying or it might be the surround sound sweet spot. I need to get the official headset but I don't want to pay full price.[/QUOTE]

You want to buy mine for 20 shipped.I don't use it.

[quote name='zenprime']Arg. I think my headset is dying or it might be the surround sound sweet spot. I need to get the official headset but I don't want to pay full price.[/quote]

Buy the headset with the SOCOM bundle!

/shameless plug for socom

also, the use of mics in warhawk is terrible. Even when people are talking and its not just static its hard to understand them.

[quote name='zenprime']Arg. I think my headset is dying or it might be the surround sound sweet spot. I need to get the official headset but I don't want to pay full price.[/quote]

Yeah, I need that headset too but every time I'm in the store I stare at it and think to myself that I don't want to pay 50 for it.

I do have the cheaper Jabra and it's really starting to feel cheap. Or it really could be my sound system. I do have it set for ZOOM & BOOM (Cranked it up to 50 while playing the KZ2 demo and got a Bass complaint. Apparently I was shaking the building.)

[quote name='AleetPanda']I am in the same situation but the other user doesn't see the expansions on the PS3 and has the option of buying them. Does the user have to have the same PSN account?[/quote]

I just tried using a different user on my system, and I was able to play a match with a jet pack, so

if you are looking on the new user's PSN store list, showing the games available for download then NO they won't show up. Tho only thing that will show up there are the games that USER buys. If the boosters are on your main account, they'll only show on Your PSN Store Download list so they are already on your system if you downloaded them from Your USER account.

For example: I bought my boosters on my Secondary Acct, but I just used them playing under my Main & my DM (demo) Accts, and it worked fine both times. Plus I've traded shares of my Boosters and had no problems reported to me. FYI

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Just got the Booster Pack due to the price drop. I only had $12 in my wallet. Now I can play in the booster matches :twisted:[/QUOTE]Good price for what you get.Hopefully,more CAGs join CAGclan.

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I bought this game around Christmas and haven't really gotten into it yet. Do you guys have a night/time for people new to the game? Reason I haven't played it that much is when I have tried playing, I just get decimated as I'm not that good. Would like to "learn" to play with some friendly people. Thanks.

[quote name='Pbear1212']Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I bought this game around Christmas and haven't really gotten into it yet. Do you guys have a night/time for people new to the game? Reason I haven't played it that much is when I have tried playing, I just get decimated as I'm not that good. Would like to "learn" to play with some friendly people. Thanks.[/quote]

Pbear,
I have been trying to put together a group just for this, see the thread on "LimitedRank/Newbie Night" here is shortcut: Link

and I've also started a social group too to work out the details: Link

im down to play tonight if you guys are. just purchased the tau crater booster pack, but couldn't find any games. also, can someone help me with some trophies? i need the warlord, enlistee, rivalry, and flying fortress.

[quote name='alexiel']im down to play tonight if you guys are. just purchased the tau crater booster pack, but couldn't find any games. also, can someone help me with some trophies? i need the warlord, enlistee, rivalry, and flying fortress.[/quote]
I posted eariler on here about the Warlord trophy and if we could pass around clan leadership so we can all get it. Apparently, it's a tedious process to swap it around. So, another clan should be made for the trophy boosting. If you could find 8 other people interested, I'd be happy in making the clan and promoting it.

[quote name='alexiel']im down to play tonight if you guys are. just purchased the tau crater booster pack, but couldn't find any games. also, can someone help me with some trophies? i need the warlord, enlistee, rivalry, and flying fortress.[/quote]
Only TC or did you get all three?
and I was going to help DMC with some of the trophies, but we never got around to it yet, you're free to come along when we end up doing it.
[quote name='Devil May Cry']I posted eariler on here about the Warlord trophy and if we could pass around clan leadership so we can all get it. Apparently, it's a tedious process to swap it around. So, another clan should be made for the trophy boosting. If you could find 8 other people interested, I'd be happy in making the clan and promoting it.[/quote]
And, just so everyone knows, feel free to leave the official clan to go into the clan for "trophy boosting". After everyone gets it I'll be glad to reinvite them.
Perhaps you should look into Romis's newbie gang for people for the trophy boosting clan.

[quote name='Romis']is tonite's game old fashioned - No Boosters?[/quote]
Only the last few rounds will be boosters.

[quote name='mguiddy']Only TC or did you get all three?
and I was going to help DMC with some of the trophies, but we never got around to it yet, you're free to come along when we end up doing it.

And, just so everyone knows, feel free to leave the official clan to go into the clan for "trophy boosting". After everyone gets it I'll be glad to reinvite them.
Perhaps you should look into Romis's newbie gang for people for the trophy boosting clan.

Only the last few rounds will be boosters.[/quote]

I meant to ask you about that, but I haven't been getting home until about 7 PM and I have no idea if you are Pacific Time or Eastern Time. I was planning on the re-invite plan (I really don't want to be on any other clan than CAG). That's not a bad idea with the newbie night though. What trophies can you help me with again? I know I need Cowboy, Lone Wolf and the kill everyone on the other team trophy. I need to double check for the others. Since I got the Booster Set thanks to the price drop (Yay!), I got some new trophies to wrongfully obtain earn.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I meant to ask you about that, but I haven't been getting home until about 7 PM and I have no idea if you are Pacific Time or Eastern Time. I was planning on the re-invite plan (I really don't want to be on any other clan than CAG). That's not a bad idea with the newbie night though. What trophies can you help me with again? I know I need Cowboy, Lone Wolf and the kill everyone on the other team trophy. I need to double check for the others. Since I got the Booster Set thanks to the price drop (Yay!), I got some new trophies to wrongfully obtain earn.[/quote]
I'm eastern time. I should be able to help with all of those you listed.

i have all three packs. booster was just the last one i needed. i need that lone wolf and cowboy also. message me on psn if you guys play. i will be on most of tonight, in fact i am online now.

[quote name='mguiddy']I'm eastern time. I should be able to help with all of those you listed.[/quote]
Okay cool. Can't log in today or this whole weekend for a matter of fact. Maybe Monday?

I just snagged this up on clearance and began playing it as well, so I would like to join the clan. I also got all 3 boosters since they're on sale this week.

Count me in for some trophy boosting.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got the three booster packs too! what a great deal. count me in for some trophy boosting. psn = chuang4u

edit: i'm on pacific time if it matters

[quote name='metaly']Trophy boosting yay![/quote]
Shoot me now...:roll:

Okay, new rule... I'll help people with the trophies that you can't do with just a second controller, namely Cowboy and Lone Wolf, but only if you actually show up to a game night to play. I swear last time I did this we had like 12 people, quite a few that I haven't seen since.

Also, it'll be in groups of like 3 or 4, the bigger groups makes things too hectic.

Not sure what time I'm going to make it back home for tomorrow, I'll probably be there for the last part of the games.

I need more APCs!
Last time Super King backed over me with it while I was behind him and it's just funny to be sitting in DD's APC while he's doing the charged smash on everything.
... Well eventually until I never notice the fact that he left the APC so I die in a fiery vehicular explosion. :lol:

Wow I didn't realize how much I missed playing Fridays! There was a decent turnout too.

And sorry for abandoning you, Freaky :cry:. I was planning to sit it out, then I jumped on just to goof around. I accidentally got into the game menu and switched teams (wasn't paying attention). I guess it worked out anyway.

LOL @ the hidden path I was shown on the last DM map. I still didn't figure out how you guys got to the top of the hill, but it added a new level to my binoc and sneaking skills when playing on public servers last night. I must be shown more of these secret areas :twisted:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']

LOL @ the hidden path I was shown on the last DM map. I still didn't figure out how you guys got to the top of the hill, but it added a new level to my binoc and sneaking skills when playing on public servers last night. I must be shown more of these secret areas :twisted:[/quote]
Don't forget, you can jump and not disrupt the binocs, so you go there, line up a shot, start firing the binocs, then jump at the last second to really blow them out of the water.:cool:

I had dream last night where I was driving in the freeway, you know, just minding my business. And out of nowhere, got shanked out of my car by some mysterious force... It was horrible. :cry:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I had dream last night where I was driving in the freeway, you know, just minding my business. And out of nowhere, got shanked out of my car by some mysterious force... It was horrible. :cry:[/quote]

I had that same dream, but the mysterious force was very identifiable in my dream. I swear I almost threw my DS3 at the TV when DD83 shanked my while I was driving during Carmaggedeon. How the fuck is that even posible? :bomb::bomb::bomb:

bread's done
Back