CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

How is your family doing Cheapy with the Japanese sales tax increase? The increase to 8% then the second to 10% next October seems like the Japanese economy is sliding further down. Is moving to the United States looking more like a necessity now? 

I wish the best for the Cheapy household and a quick recovery for the Japanese economy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, so I played P.T. for the first time, and in the process I discovered somthing about myslef.  My discovery happened when I put down the game controller out of fear for the first time ever in my life.  "Have I turned into a complete pussy?" I thought to myself feeling very disapointed, and then I started to think why I could not play this game anymore?

You see, I grew up playing all the Resident Evil games, Silent Hill 1 and 2, amd even stuff like Eternal Darkness so I'm very aquainted with the scary survival horror stuff and I love them!  As I got older, got married and had kids, the so called "survial horror" games coming out didn't seem as scary as in the past games and unfortunately felt more action games instead.  Then P.T. came out.  Holy shit, that game is creapy as hell, why couldn't I keep on playing it though??? - And then it hit me. 

As I mentioned I'm a dad now with a 4 year old boy and another one on the way.  P.T. really went for the cheep shots with the baby crying and that fridge part too.  I admit, I did think about my kids for a second or two when I got to those parts, which probably made it more unbearable to me.  Guys, I want to know... Do you think being a parent makes you weaker for these types of games and if so how do I overcome it because I would love to finish P.T. but I serriously just can't.

By the way, love the show keep up the good work!

How much fun do you think Destiny will be playing solo?

My friends and I have very different schedules, so I doubt i will be able to play much coop in Destiny (not interested in playing coop with strangers).

Have you ever bought a classic game, maybe even a favorite of yours from the heyday back when; only to regret it?  Maybe it didn't live up to your memories, not near as great as you remembered?  Years of built up nostalgia were too much for the game to live up to or possibly you've just outgrown the game?  If so, what were some of your regrets?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't imagine not owning a PS VITA.

I know it's crazy, but there are just so many fun games to play on it. Even if there aren't too many AAA titles, I play Spelunky, Rogue Legacy and Stealth, Inc. And with cross save, I can even switch off to PS4/PS3 as applicable without a hitch.

Sure, the UI is still awful, but a lot of the game play experience is really good now.

This was all prompted by this tweet:

https://twitter.com/frailgesture/status/507726706140930048

I've felt the same way sometimes. That could have been me with a bit more bad luck.

Do any of you find yourself strangely happy with your VITA purchase now?

I think this question is long overdue, but always forget to ask it.

...with the new site improvements (been new for months! lol!), I have noticed that there are things that have been removed/taken out either because they're still in the works and/or was removed intentionally(?) and by 'that' I'm referring to the site's 'Member trade/buy/sell game' price tracker, for the lack of a correct term, section where users of the site could actually set their collections for sale by giving it a condition 'status' with a square that a specific 'color' depending if it was in 'acceptble/excellent/new/etc' condition & a price/best offer option price.

My question, obviously, is...Are we ever getting that feature of the site again and, if so, is there any timeframe as to when we'll get it back? If it's not coming back, is there any 'specific' (ex. users being prone to FRAUDELENT users) reason why it isn't coming back?

If this was actually answered before then I'm sorry for asking it again, must have missed the response. Doesn't need to be answered in the podcast, unless you guys have barely any 'cagbag' questions for the episode...then go ahead and use it, maybe you can inform a lot of people about the situation that have been wondering the same thing, but have yet to ask. O:)

Great show guys, you guys are pretty much my #1 Podcast! Keep it up!
^Btw, I think this question was never answered, so here it is again for this week! :D

Keep it up guys! Great show as always!

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck,

Since you don't talk much about CAG stuff these days, what happened to the CAG Awards for 2013? I know the previous year's awards were finally wrapped up really late, around October I believe, but last year's awards never even got started so I was curious about what happened there?

Does it seem ironic that with all of the feminism stuff that has taken over Twitter lately that there's a demo station at TGS for the new Onechanbara game where you stick your head through a woman's boob to see the game.

Now that you're moving back to America, will you be attending more conventions if anyone invites you, or to just promote Cheapassgamer in general?

Congrats on the move back to America, as a fellow NYer, hopefully some of us NY CAGs see you around!

Do you think that if Bungie fixed the loot system in Bungie it would change people's perspective about it? I find the game to very fun to play with friends, even if we are doing a lot of the same strikes and such over and over again. But when I've been a level 22 for the last week, and I stand and shoot at cave for 3 hours and still don't walk away with anything better for my character, it annoys the hell out of me, and I'm sure out of a lot of people.  After leveling up my Cyptarch level, I got a purple engram finally. I was super excited. They turned into blue boots that were not even as good as what I had already. I turned the game off. 

Now that all Cheapy D will be moving back to America and all the hosts will be in relatively the same time zone, will we see future live streaming of the Cagcast on Twitch?

Cheapy,

When you move back to New York, what's one thing you are looking forward to doing that wasn't available to you in Japan, i.e. special food, attraction, event?

Question for Cheapy:

Now that you're moving back to the U.S., do you think you're going to miss your identity as a "gaijin"? If so, what aspects will you miss?

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck,

What do you guys think of the D4 situation where the game has bombed after Microsoft did no marketing for it? It wasn't really a surprise to see that it sold poorly considering the announcement of a release date two days before it was out. To me, that says that Microsoft didn't know how to market the game and decided to just put it out there and hope that reviewers, Youtubers, and the fans would do the marketing for them. I just saw this Phil Spencer tweet where he says they'll look into marketing the game and this is two weeks after it came out.

Hey Cheapy, Ship & Wombat,

Have you ever considered twitch streaming the podcast recording process and introducing a live element to the show?  Has that ever been tried by you guys before?  I love the show and it would be cool to tune into a live recording every once in a while.

Are we heading for another video game crash?

The video game crash of 1984 was caused in part by too many companies trying to make a quick buck by entering a video game market that quickly became oversaturated with product.

In 2014 it seems everybody and their uncle is trying to ride the successful coattails of Braid and Super Meat Boy by producing their own indie games. Unlike 1984, many of these games are actually quite good, but is the market for indie games large enough to continue to sustain them?

What I foresee is that if this trend continues, players may have so many choices that they will become unwilling to spend more than a few dollars on anything other than AAA titles. There could also be so many new releases on platforms like Steam that none of them will individually make enough money compared to the investments required to produce them. 

Thanks!

Im just curious. How do you move all of your things from Japan to New York? Do you ship it on a boat or fly? I would imagine you cannot bring everything, like a standing desk? Tv all that stuff. None of my business ive just always wondered how someone moves their things like that

Hi guys, great show as always! What are you all currently playing on your phones? Any suggestions?

Keep up the good work! :)

-some random d00d from Germany

Ubi releases statement that AC: Unity is 900p/30 on both Xbox One and PS4 "to avoid all the debates and stuff". Gamers being gamers, this doesn't quell any debate at all, instead turns into a huge explosion of how PS4 (and of course PC master race) players are being boned for the sake of the Xbox One.

Comments?

Is there any way to say something which calms gamers instead of enraging them? Seems like the impossible dream at times.

Warframe came out this week for Xbox One. I don't remember you guys talking about it before. I've read some people call it mediocre and others compare it to Destiny but free.

Driveclub-gate? Sony delays free PlayStation Plus version of Driveclub because of "servers" issues or is it really because the game received bad to mediocre reviews. How much copies you think were actually sold which supposedly overwhelmed their servers when in reality probably most potential Driveclub purchasers were awaiting the free Plus version to determine whether or not they would had purchase the full version?

I just started taking japanese lessons, Cheapy seeing as you're my inspiration and idol with your extensive knowledge of the language I thought you could review what I learned on my first lesson

Hajimemashite watashi wa saunders desu.

Hello again notorious C.A.G's. Last time I sent a question I asked about what you'd be playing more of this year Destiny or Titanfall, I see the answer is neither lol(though I'm with you wombat I love destiny and can live with its flaws just holding out till new dlc makes it even better... I hope). Anyhoo, we all have these new shiny systems but what are you most looking forward to that has been announced so far? We all are early adopters but at this point do you feel we could have waited and still enjoyed our old systems? If we didn't get them we'd think the grass was greener on the other side and still probably have got them. You guys keep up the great work and good luck with that move Cheapy.

Seriously, none of you are going to play Smash Bros on 3DS? Remember Wombat last year when you proclaimed that anyone who owned a 3DS and didn't buy the new Zelda had no business owning the system? Well you were right about that and the new Smash is that same caliber of game. I'm amazed they managed to fit it all on the cart. You really owe it to yourselves to check it out. Perfect train ride game. Did you guys try the demo?

Can we at least assume that Ship will give Bayonetta 2 a try in light of all the perfect scores?

Hey Cheapy I had a similar experience to your Tokyo pants less bum. I live in Hong Kong and while homeless people aren't a rarity, the government generally keeps them in check. Anyway as I was exiting my building the other morning there was this homeless man standing in front of my local super market, cigarette in one hand, beer in the other, no shirt and pants around his knees. Let me tell you, full frontal Wang (no pun intended) accomplish by a bush that would make George W. Jealous is not something you want to see at 7am. However I had barely made it down the street when the fuzz showed up and dragged him off somehwere. It's been quite a volatile situation here in Hong Kong due to the protests but rest assured that while the streets may be closed off by people, they remain dong-free.

Enjoying the CAG cast every week, hope the comedy gold continues once you move to NYC!

I know you guys like Diablo, but have you compared the metacritic scores between the consoles? 90 on the PS4 and 86 on the xbone. The PS4 has way more reviews as is common, but one of the xbone's 16 reviews is a 60. If you read the complete review, it doesn't mention which console it was reviews on and really seems to give the same review for all consoles. It also has no score to extrapolate into that 60. So, what gives? Why is this not also listed on the PS4 metacritic and did they just pull 60 out of thin air? Seems like metacritic may not like xbone.

Seriously, none of you are going to play Smash Bros on 3DS? Remember Wombat last year when you proclaimed that anyone who owned a 3DS and didn't buy the new Zelda had no business owning the system? Well you were right about that and the new Smash is that same caliber of game. I'm amazed they managed to fit it all on the cart. You really owe it to yourselves to check it out. Perfect train ride game. Did you guys try the demo?

Can we at least assume that Ship will give Bayonetta 2 a try in light of all the perfect scores?
Has there ever been a guest brought on the show whenever discussing one of the popular games that none of the regulars play? It might be interesting to get hear the thoughts from other CAGers, especially when all you guys do is say "None of us really play this." It's too big for you not to talk about, but it doesn't make for great radio when you just say "Not my thing." We might really have a problem if they stop making racing, Lego & hockey games. :twisted:

Not a question but a request. You gotta talk about Steam removing Paranautical Activity because the dev tweeted he was going to kill Gabe Newall. (Because they accidentally listed it as early access instead of release)

This is a question for Shipwreck since he's the only one playing NBA 2k15, are you having server issues on current gen because I haven't been able to play my player in a week because of server issues and I haven't seen this covered in the gaming media at all

What has been the most disappointing game of the year so far for you guys? Mine have to be Destiny and Watch Dogs. Most of my complaints with Watch Dogs have to do with the story and characters.

Cheapy, Wombat & Shipwreck:

I recently saw info about the upcoming November Xbox One dash update.  Seeing that made me think about how the two next gen consoles functioned at launch and how they function now.  I was originally in the same boat as the three of you in that I switched my primary console from Xbox to the PS4.  That said, in my mind the Xbox One has evolved much more than the PS4 as the result of the updates.  It is now to the point where I find myself using the Xbox One more than the PS4.  Are any of you starting to have the same reaction?

Side note:  It amazes me that Shipwreck's wife is a type of doctor and yet he eats the most unhealthy food.

Crazy.  Shipwreck unintentionally asked Wombat my question on the show but I didn't get my 10 seconds of internet famousness because they didn't actually read my question.  This is what happens without Cheapy.  (Just joking guys.  The show was fine even without Cheapy.)

I hear Shipwreck has a huge video game collection, especially his GBA library. Now that the boss is away, let us know what rarities you have and your future plans. Does Wombat have something similar? It doesn't have to be about video games.

Wombat/Shipwreck,

This scintillating bundle price-slash has put the XBone on my radar, where I was firmly in the "PS4 first, XBone maybe later" camp as recently as three weeks ago.

It's impossible to deny the value of fifty bucks off AND Sunset Overdrive for free, especially with Sony bringing virtually nothing this holiday season that isn't multiplatform.

My question: in an attempt to remain the top dog, what is the chance that Sony FINALLY makes the move I've been salivating for since it was cavalierly talked about at E3, and announces a PS4-and-Vita bundle for the holidays?

I'd pounce in a HEARTBEAT if it were priced at even a MODEST discount over buying the two separately! $550? Sure. $500? Take my money, instantly.

To CheapyD:

You've inspired me to go on a low carb diet. I've lost about 15 lbs in just under 3 weeks. Switching from soda to water has really kick started my weight loss. Can you share your typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals? What do you snack on while gaming? Do you drink only water? Help me to stop being a mouth breathing beta male. Thank you.

Ive been listening to some old episodes and i have an idea. You should do a masterpiece theatre segment to replay some of the wacky moments in old shows. In ep55 there's 2 classic bits. The horrible itunes review where You are accused of not contributing to society and Wombat of spending his time begging for free stuff and where you recorded a PS3, Wii and 360 booting up a game and made Wombat guess which is which. You could solicit favourite bits from your audience. How about it?

Question for Cheapy. What does it cost to move from Japan rto New York? Does your stuff get shipped by boat or plane? I'm guessing plane since they are on different oceans. I'm also thinking furniture would be cheaper to buy new than ship - but what do I know?

Are we getting to a point where games are just going to be released in an incomplete state? Halo Matchmaking, Drive Club, Assassins Creed framerate issues.......It just never stops anymore? There should be a disclaimer for consumers stating that if a game does not deliver what it says is available at the time of purchase, the consumer is entitled to a full refund.

bread's done
Back