CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Dear CAG,

On March 17th, Hernan **** bought from me a copy of Midnight Club: Los Angeles (xbox 360 videogame). He paid for long shipping. I was nice enough to get it to him within 2 days. I have attached the three conversations I had with the buyer. This is completely ridiculous. I packaged it properly and made sure to mark it is as fragile. The day the buyer received the game he told me that the box is cracked. I apologized and told him it's not a big deal because the game is still in perfect condition. Also, the carrier was at fault not me. I told him you can get a free box at any video store near him. I also contacted him and offered to send him a new free box. He did not reply. He asked me for a return address. I told him to do return to sender and that the address should be ***********************. It has been 9 days. He filed an A-Z claim and he won it. A couple days passed, I asked him if he sent the game back using return to sender. He said that he was not going to send it back and thanked me for the free game. Now I am out about forty dollars and a videogame. I demand that something is done about this because this is really ridiculous. I can basically go buy a bunch of used videogames on amazon, say they came damaged and get my money back and keep the game. How great is that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

What was the message that you two got from Activision's announcement of the sequel to Call of Duty 4 eschewing the original name of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for just Modern Warfare 2? Is it arrogance that they assume it will sell just as well without the Call of Duty name or do you get something else from it? Do you think that the Call of Duty brand that Infinity Ward built up is being given to Treyarch now after seeing that they can sell Call of Duty games as well as Infinity Ward could?

Activision revealed a few weeks back that they had seven "______ Hero" games coming this year: Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero Van Halen, Guitar Hero Greatest Hits, another Guitar Hero on DS, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, and DJ Hero. Would you have nearly as much of a beef with this exploitation if you could export the songs like Harmonix has done with the track packs that they've released?

Hey Cheapy, I've recently started listening to the Adam Corolla podcast and he is hysterical. So my question is if you listen to any other radio talk-show hosts other than your beloved Howard Stern?

I just received an e-mail from Netflix informing me that the fee for Blu-ray disc rentals is being increased from $1 per month to $4 per month. In true cheapass fashion, I promptly canceled my Blu-ray access. Do you guys think, as I do, that Blu-ray discs are far too expensive (especially for movies I already own on DVD)?

Also, the PS3 is such a good upconverting DVD player, do you think most people will cancel their Netflix/Blu-ray access?

cheapy this is a question for you

how are you treated as a white man living in japan . do you get better or worse service or do you get wierd looks or anything like that?

The big controversy here is the DLC. I agree with you guys and really am disappointed with Capcom and others for doing what they are. Personally in this instance I believe the price of the game should be lowered to offset the pricec of the DLC which in turn can increase revenue as well.

What do you guys think should be done in regards to RE5 DLC and what seems to becoming a trend?

Will Cheapy be buying the Transformers Mighty Muggs and finally get off Wombat's back about buying them?

91198298b036_Main400.jpg

Signed up for Netflix. Got you pizzaid! Then to my misfortune, I got strep throat 2 days later. Coincidence? Nope, Netflix gave me strep. Thanks Cheapy! At least I had some good shit to watch while I'm sick though.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, have you guys played Shadowrun? It's $15 and well worth it. Great game, lots of fun. It's pretty much all multiplayer, but has bot matches if you're into the solo stuff ;)

Cheapy and Wombat,

It’s no secret that the companies didn’t want to deliver backwards compatibility this current generation and they pretty much only did it due to pressure. Now both Microsoft and Sony have pretty much given up on it for this gen and looks like they probably won’t have it next gen.

So with all the issues with the 360 RROD, E74, etc. do you think Microsoft will almost be forced into it doing it with the “Xbox 720” due to all the quality issues? I love the fact that I can still play my NES and SNES to this day and they are launch systems. I did have to put a new 72pin into the NES though. I doubt that 20+ years later I will still be able to play Fable 2 on my 360.

Also, what are your favorite beers? Cheapy, can you recommend any Japanese beers for me to try?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, love the show!

This isn't related to gaming. However, I seem to remember that you mentioned Walt Disney World Tokyo on a previous show. I really think it would be interesting if you visit WDW Tokyo and let us know how it is! I have heard good things about 'Disney Sea'!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_DisneySea

Since Wombat seems to be a big Walt Disney World fan, I would think you could find plenty of things to talk about on the show once you have visited the park.

Thanks!

Cheapy & Wombat:

I just saw the Thursday, April 2nd of Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon where Seth Rogan was the main guest. At the 19:30 mark, they start discussing Karate lessons that Rogan took, and they said "Jewpanese" several times! They even said they wanted to trademark the phrase, haha. Coupled with Wombat's plan of Twittering Fallon until he invites Cheapy on the show, I'd say that the time to strike is now. Let's go CAGs!

I've noticed that Cheapy has burped at least once for seven or eight CAGcasts now. Cheapy, what is the reason for burping in each of these show?

Hey Cheapy & Wombat,

I right at the same age as Cheapy--born in 09/73. I think that possibly because of my age, I will go for weeks without playing a game. I just find that there's other shit I'd prefer to do. How do you guys keep your interest up when the release schedule shows nothing that really excites you? Whether or not there's news and/or good games, you produce ~50 hour-plus long shows/year. How do you keep your energy/interest level up for the show every week when there's other shit you'd rather do?

Not so much a question...but I like how Sony made such a big deal about the PS2 price drop and this week Target and Toys R Us don't even have it listed in their flyers.

Gamertag: smufflenuffigis

CheapyD

You've mentioned before that your wife doesn't listen to the show. But considering some of the things you've said in the past, would you discourage her from listening if she said she might? (You know what I mean.)

Of course, maybe not knowing what you say behind her back helps to keep the family together.

Do you know if you guys are going to PAX 2009? E3 sounded like a done deal but not sure about PAX.

[quote name='Cursor']Hey Cheapy & Wombat,

I right at the same age as Cheapy--born in 09/73. I think that possibly because of my age, I will go for weeks without playing a game. I just find that there's other shit I'd prefer to do. How do you guys keep your interest up when the release schedule shows nothing that really excites you? Whether or not there's news and/or good games, you produce ~50 hour-plus long shows/year. How do you keep your energy/interest level up for the show every week when there's other shit you'd rather do?[/quote]

Quoted for emphasis. I think this is a good question.

Cheapy

On April 5th it was the Kanamara Matsuri festival in Kawasaki, Japan. This festival is the Festival of the Steel Phallus in which people come to celebrate and respect the penis. Vendors also sell penis shaped candy, toys, and snacks. Did you make the trip to respect the penis? I hope so, if not, you missed a pink 9 foot tall penis.

Hey guys, I was just thinking that the reason I feel ripped off paying $15 for downloadable games is because they have the same amount of achievement points as the $5 games. Do you guys think that it Microsoft should increase the amount of achievements for the more expensive downloadable games?

Hey Wombat and Cheapy. My names Oli (olster1) and I have been listening to the CAG CAST since episode 83 :) I am from the UK and just decided to sign up to the site (add that to the list wombat). My dear god you should have mentioned some of the UK deals in the podcast as I would have signed up ALOT earlier. Thats all I wanted to say. Love the podcast, you get me through my week.

Hey Cheapy,

Have you ever attended the "Penis Festival" in Kanamara Matsuri, it sounds like something you would have heard and looks hilarious. I would have posted a pic but I'm not sure that would have been appropriate.

Hey Cheapy,

You've mentioned your interest in the few $5 games that are released on PSN and XBLA these days before, so I wanted to know if you got the chance to check out Astro Tripper on PSN? It's a shooter from the guys behind the Mutant Storm series on XBLA that's pretty good and cheap, as well.

What do you guys think of Capcom charging $14.99 for Flock, which is their new downloadable game for XBLA and PSN? It's a new IP that Capcom hasn't really made a big deal about at all and the features don't really make it seem like it's a premium game. Street Fighter HD Remix could get away with it because of the name recognition and the huge amount of hype behind its release, but Flock doesn't have any of that going for it.

Just 3 quick questions for Cheapy:

1) Do you listen to any other gaming podcasts?

2) What happened to the pizza guy?

3) Why are you such a 360 fanboy?

Just kidding. My real question is, why don't you ever acknowledge that it's a better deal to download games on PSN than on XBLA because of gamesharing? I'm in a gamesharing group with 4 other CAGS and so I get downloadable games for 1/5 of the normal price. Do you think gamesharing is dishonest or something? Because you never mention it. I've heard you discuss which system has the better deal on a downloadable game before, but it's never close if you gameshare on PSN.

Hey guys,

Have you ever noticed that more often than not, game reviewers will deduct more points for a broken feature in a game than they would if the feature was never there at all? Do you think that games like Bioshock with no multiplayer would have earned lower scores if it had a lack-luster multiplayer mode rather than none at all? What would you guys prefer?

Thanks.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Will Cheapy ever get a Nintendo DS or any Nintendo system for that matter (*cough PSP fanboy*)?[/quote]

Visit Cheapy's youtube acount and watch the Xbox 360 towel trick video. count how many Wii's you see.

Yeah I'm definitely not gonna buy RE5, maybe Gamefly it once I have Gamefly, Capcom officially sucks balls now...

Once again, I enjoyed the show.

I have to admit that I was very sad to hear that you guys might not have anymore live shows. I really enjoyed being immortalized in one of the live shows that you guys had (even played it for my wife!) But anyway here's my idea, how about finding a way to let people ask questions online, by recording their message/question and you just play their questions/message on the show. Its not live, but you still get people's voices in, and it still feels kinda live. I heard another podcast doing that, and I felt like it would be a good addition for the show.

2 or 3 shows ago, Cheap D, and Wombat - You two Basically demonized Capcom for charging 4.99 for their Multiplayer portion of their game Resident Evil. [and I agreed with you!] However, Microsoft charges an estimate of about 50 dollars a year, about 4 dollars a month for xbox live (maybe cheaper with deals). I think that MS charging for Live is essentially the same as Capcom charging you for Multiplayer because if you do NOT pay the Xbox Live fee, you will NOT have access to your Xbox 360 game(s) online component. Most Xbox games do have online features to them and you take someone who has a collection of 10-20 games, he/she stops paying for live and now they are no longer able to access any Multiplayer at all, on any 360 game that they own. I know the XBL service is great, and worth the money, but I can't help but feel like its a grand scheme by MS to make people who on 360 games regurgitate money on a yearly or monthly basis. I just want to get your thoughts on this issue.

Did Nintendo drop the ball by releasing "DSi"ware rather than just releasing "DS"ware that would be compatible with All DS units? Both the DS and DSi have online capability... so I don't understand why Nintendo choose to shut the DS out of its new downloadable games/apps store..thus closing the door on millions of DS owners who are all potential customers of any games/apps that's available online.

I enjoyed listening about Cheapy's recent Dark Sector pick up and wondered if you could bring back the "Cheap Ass Pick-Up of the Week"? I remember Wombat came up with that in an earlier show and said hopefully it might become a regular edition but it never really caught on/or you just didn't bother with it.

Ciao xoxoxo

Also I was quite surprised to hear Cheapy (and maybe Wombat can't remember) not interested in the upcoming Fable 2 DLC. You, Wombat, Ship & Mrs. Ship ALL praised the game and voted it your favourite Xbox 360 game of 2008. It is because Knothole island was disappointing/didn't live up to your exceptions or have you just moved onto other games?

Love the show, keep it up.

(FYI - My username is pronounced sawn-ders cow-ie. Previously read out some of my comments you've totally butchered pronouning it so just for reference :D)

Wombat and Cheapy -

2 questions about Force Unleashed (which I know Wombat has, and I think Cheapy does...)

1) Wombat - I thought you weren't going to buy it in order to support the Developers who were laid off. Change of heart?

2) I don't think the game is fun. It might be worth 10 bucks as a Star Wars story, but I've definitely played XBLA games that are more fun (Bionic Commando Rearmed, Castle Crashers, N+, Peggle, even Braid). I'm already looking forward to beating it and trading it in before it loses any more trade value. I may turn down the difficulty to do this faster.

Your thoughts?

Cheapy, do you think that perhaps your whipsmartbanky avatar is used a little too often on CAG? On the front page I counted 13 Cheapy avatars:

1. do something with Twitter
2. avatar on the left
3-9. the little avatar by all front page posts you personally post
10-11. youtube preview video image with two Cheapy avatars
12. CheapyD avatar on Cagcast logo
13. Cheapyd icon on my friends list.

It's a little redundant. Could you perhaps pay WhipSmartBanky some more cash for new avatar images of yourself for some variety?

Hey Cheapy maybe you could rename your "follow me on twitter" to "Follow me around on twitter" because it sounds funny.

Wombat (and Cheapy)

Love the show.

I'm an older gamer and do not have many xbox live friends. Can you tell me if I will enjoy Resident Evil 5 playing single player without co-op? I would most likely play the entire game single and have the computer control the second character.

Many of the forums are mixed on this subject and since Wombat seems to have my philosophy on playing....a little slower and not as twitchy as all the 8 year olds playing Halo 3, I am interested in your thoughts.

Keep up the great work. Your podcasts rock not because of your conversations about games, but all the conversations not about games and the ones which focus on your personal life.

Hi Cheapy and Wombat. I've been listening to your show since the first episode, and the CAGcast has never been better. Keep being awesome at what you do.

My question concerns a movie soon to be released in the US that seems to be based on CheapyD's life. The movie is called Dai-Nipponjin, translated as Big Man Japan and here is the synopsis: "A middle-aged slacker living in a rundown, graffiti-ridden slum, Daisato's job involves being shocked by bolts of electricity that transform him into a stocky, stick-wielding giant several stories high who is entrusted with defending Japan from a host of bizarre monsters. But while his predecessors were national heroes, he is a pariah among the citizens he protects, who bitterly complain about the noise and destruction of property he causes. And Daisato has his own problems –an agent insistent on branding him with sponsor advertisements, an Alzheimer-afflicted grandfather who transforms into a giant in dirty underwear, and a family who is embarrassed by his often cowardly exploits. A wickedly deadpan spin on the giant Japanese superhero, BIG MAN JAPAN is an outrageous portrait of a pathetic but truly unique hero."

Cheapy, are you receiving cash money for this stunningly realistic portrayal of your day to day life, or are you currently phoning your attorney to sue the pants off everyone involved? If this is a pending legal matter, I will understand your lack of response. Thanks!

P.S.: More info about the movie: http://www.film-releases.com/movies/film-information/movie-6716

Cheapy, I 100% agree with you: Dark Sector is way more fun to play than the over hyped RE5 and I too recommend it to anyone who had not already played it. It's a shame so many gamers seemed to have missed out on this great title.

BTW, Wombat, don't you find the AI in RE5 completely lame? Aside from the zombies now on motorcycles and driving big rigs and serioulsy dumb, Sheva never has any ammo and refuses to use her stash of hand gernades. The game is fine but in no way is worth $60.00 or the hype.

speedy05

ps Cheapy, what's your high score on Pac-Man: CE?

Dear CheapyD and Wombat,

I just started listening to the CAGcast a month or two ago, I started with episode 151. I loved it so much I decided to go through and listen to ALL of them! I just reached the episode where you two and Shipwreck went over the games you all played in 2008.

Mirror's Edge had not been played by any of you, you mentioned you didn't think it would be worth $60 and would wait until it was cheaper. I've also been waiting to pick it up and lately I've been seeing a ton of deals for it!

Do either of you have plans to grab it soon? I've wanted to grab it for a while but just keep forgetting. But it looks like I'll be able to snag it real cheap soon. Thanks for keeping me so entertained!

~GooseNamedAl

Hey cheapy, in your favorite game ever saints row 2 :cool: that the Ultor corporation is the same corporation that colonized mars in red faction, so that means that red faction and saints row are in the same universe, how does this make you feel, and does it make you want red faction guerilla any more than before??? :D

p.s. some of the best marijuana apparently grows in the northern mountains of japan where it grows wild, thought you might be interested.

Love the show, keep up the great work.

blackbird415

.....HEY CheappyD....Just curious did you tried out the series, I suggested you the 4400 it is a concept that Heroes stole from IMHO, it's about a group of 4400 abducted from different times and periods...returned to Earth at the same time and place.The thing is they returned to Earth without aging, just like the way they were abducted.And they return to Earth with superhuman abilities...give it a try.I've never tried watching Heroes, cause it kinda upset me cause the 4400 was such a great show, that never caught in the ratings and only lasted 3 seasons, give it a try!

Love the CagCast, as always, it is the best GAMING PODCAST I listen to!

This one's for Cheapy,

Hey Cheapy,
Do you plan on doing a promotion for your SingStar page on the newest show? Trophies will be coming out on the 16th for the U.S. version (don't know if it being played in Japan works, it should though). A bunch of them are related to receiving comments and page visits on your My SingStar page. Interested?

Here's the trophy list:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/singstar/trophies/

Also, how do you think the voice-command functionality will work, coming out on the week after the trophy update? Thanks.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat!

Last night I played Buzz with some friends at a party, and it turned out to be a great time. This mostly because we played as teams and had high stakes such as "loser does the dishes", "loser takes a shot", "loser takes off clothes"...

What are some great party games that you guys play?

-Lars

YOU SUCK!
Now that i have your attention i would just like to say where is wombat's drivers license. Thanks I love the show.

PS> You don't suck... except when you talk about Danny Chu
PSS you should read the book "THe Ninja Handbook"!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Now that Amazon has started selling and discounting XBLA titles, how long do you think it'll take downloadable content to get the same treatment?

bread's done
Back