CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Hey guys,
I was wondering what your opinion on Criterion developing one of the upcoming Need For Speed games. As the Burnout series games are really the only racing games I truly think are great, I am interested to see what they could do with the series. Although, there is a possibility with it just being Burnout with a paintjob, where they could instead just make a new Burnout game.

The new ghostbusters game came out this week, are you guys fans of the movies and planning on picking it up? I think its worth it just for the nostalgia and the fact that a good ghostbusters game has never been released until now.

hey cheapy, been wondering why haven't u or wombat hosted a sort of live show in which a cag listener i can appear and participate in a upcoming podcast, it would make a good opportunity for cag listeners feel like a part of the cag community. Also I got hooked on cag almost a year ago that was well after u arrived to japan, and ive always wanted to know why u decided to move to japan? thanks and kepp up the great work.

Are you guys are pissed that PAIN's initial $9.99 download only features two game modes, two characters, and one level? Each other level (there are like 3-5 more) is $5.99 and each new character is $1.99 (like 20 more). In the end, you pay $40 for this game that should only be worth $9.99 for everything.

Wombat, I know you're a fan of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and looking forward to MUA2. Just wondering - do you collect comics? If so, which ones do you read?

hey cheapy d and wombat i was just going to say that i have finished red faction and ghostbusters and finishing prototype any day now but what i believe is that like you guys said red faction kicks ass and ghostbusters is very good but pretty short i finished it in a day and a half and it would have been nice if it was more lengthy also im wondering if you like gamestop will be giving away jackets like alex mercer from prototype i thought i saw something on here saying something like that if so is that contest over thanks guys btw the show last week was nice GO LOBSTER!!!!!!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I wanted to know if you guys are ever really disappointed or angry when games miss their release dates, however vague or specific they may be at first, or if you get over it when you see that there are multiple games coming out around that same time frame so that you have plenty to fall back upon. What do you think of the general sense of rage that gamers tend to have whenever delays are announced or when the release date passes with no sign of the game's release in sight?

What's up Wombat.Cheapy where do I start,first off Black College experience banging white chicks? You came back from E3 with that inspirational story of how you tried to bring back a black listener that got offended by something you said and you come back a week later with your worst comment to date. Maybe it's time to grow up a little and stop absorbing that Howard Stern influence at least he had a movie to explain how screwed up he is. As one of your handful of black listeners I get that you acknowledge you can be a jerk but that does not make it ok. I use your website and I refer other people to it, have a little respect for the people of all colors who make your website what it is.

Hey Cheapy/Wombat. I'm thinking about selling my DS and collection of games to help fund an iPhone purchase. I seldom play my DS now, and think paying 30 bucks for a new DS game is absurd. I think I'll actually play portable games more if the device is always with me. I commute a lot via train, so I'm also wondering if the touch/tilt controls become difficult while riding subway train.

Hey there Cheapy and the ever-magnificent Wombat,

After listening to the latest CAGcast it seemed as though there were a lot of people complaining about your "weed talk". I don't understand why people get so worked up over something so insignificant. As a fellow stoner and gamer, I feel that someone should tell you not to let these people hold your thoughts back. It's your show and you dictate the content that is discussed. Like you said, half the show is about poop. People should get off their high horses and stop acting so offended over something which you hardly spend any time talking about. You are an adult which means that you are allowed to make your own choices. I wonder if these people would be as upset if you were telling stories about how you had been drunk?

Also, if I could recommend a documentary avaliable on Netflix, The Union: The Business Behind Getting High is both entertaining and informative. It has a fairly biased approach to the subject matter, but it dispells a lot of misconceptions about marijuana.

hey wombat have you ever thought of going to the big show in san diego I go every year and would love to see you there ine your natural habitat

Cheapy and Wombat,

Kotaku has broken news that Best Buy is testing out used game trade-in kiosks in Texas. While Gamestop can't be happy to have increased competition, is this really a case of too little too late?

Since Sony has thrown down the gauntlet with digital distribution only on the PSPGo (I know you can buy UMD for older PSPs), don't you see Nintendo going the same route with the DSi2?

Doesn't this move by Best Buy and others almost guarantee the manufacturers will push digital distribution harder to cut out the used market? It just seems that additional retailers trying to jump in on used games will only hasten the end of physical media, and a product to line store shelves.

Thoughts?

Cheapy and Wombat, just recently I traded in a bunch of old games at Gamestop and got alot in store credit for them. I have enough right now to get a PS3, with putting up a few of my own dollars. Would now be the time to buy one, or should I wait until the end of the summer if the rumor of a slim PS3 is true? And if I do decide to pick one up, what games should I get both software and PSN download?

keep talking about weed and lobster guys! Cmon cheapy its your podcast, do whatever you fucking want to do and talk about whatever the fuck you want to talk about, courtesy to the listeners can shove it, how many listeners are gonna stop listening because you lit up a joint or ate a lobster and talked about it? Keep up the good work and cagcast forever!

What do you guys think of Michael Pachter's comment that Sony is "ripping people off" by selling the PSP Go at a $250 price point when it should essentially be cheaper to manufacture than the PSP 3000 which is $170 , also, what do you make of his subsequent apology for making that comment.

P.S. Cheapy did you watch Rebel FM's Red Faction video review at the behest of Mr. Wombat?

Cheapy and Wombat,

The recent E3 podcasts reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask for a while: when Cheapy was talking about E3, he mentioned waiting "on line" to play a game. I've always heard the term as waiting "in line." I've noticed Wombat uses "on line" as well. Is it a New York saying (I'm from Virginia)?

Cheapy,

Has your back been hurting in light of the recent rise in nuclear tensions with N. Korea, and its unnerving proximity to your home? Will this in any way expedite any plans of moving back to the states?

P.S. I think N. Korea is maybe trying to over compensate for something...hmmm what could it be?

Thanks,
MyopicProphet

@Wombat: When you get around to doing your Conduit review, could you preface yourself by stating your initial impressions of the game when you saw it at whatever comic con that was you mentioned?

I thought it was an interesting story that Sega braved sending you a copy in spite of your earlier comments.

This is a question for Cheapy,
Do you think that Prototype is maybe missing a good story? As for the whole Prototype/Infamous debate, my vote is for Infamous. Infamous had depth, it had story, and it was a generally fun experience. Prototype is a fun game, but it feels like I'm running from explosion to explosion, and I honestly don't care what happens to the characters. Infamous had one of the greatest stories/endings in recent video game history in my opinion, and this is something that I believe Prototype fails in doing. I was just wondering if perhaps this was the problem in your eyes as well?

@ Cheapy:

You talked about why smuggling weed into Japan or smoking weed in Japan would be a terrible idea, but what would happen if you got a drug conviction for smoking it while you were visiting the US? Would you be allowed back into Japan?

With the talk about the PSP Go, I was wondering if either of you played the Game Boy Micro?

I used to make fun of it, but then I found one on clearance and played it. It is really tiny, and it's my favorite portable gaming device.

Maybe I'm a rare voice in support of Cheapy's Weedscapades (TM). The CAGcast revolves around the minituae of Cheapy and Wombat's lives, and like it or not, Cheapy's once-a-year dalliances with the herb are part of that.

Can we move past the oversimplified "Drugs are bad, mmmkay" tabloid outrage?

Hey Wombat I just heard Looking Glass' "Brandy" on the latest episode of Harper's Island. Since it's not exactly Burn Notice caliber I'm sure you don't watch it personally but it still begs the question. Are you psychic?

Wombat and the other dude:

How about a few answers about your college experiences...

Cheapy what was your major? Wombat what was yours?

Wombat I know you were in a fraternity, which one? Was it like the Tri-Lam's for Jews? J/K

You did mention on one of the older CAGcasts that you had some wild times in your fraternity. Did you have a chapter house? Did you hold an office while in the fraternity?

Just curious since I was in a fraternity in college, and my brother followed in my footsteps.

Keep up the good work, the CAGcasts get me through my 130 mile daily commute!

Hey Mr. Internet Space Pimp.... Penny for your thoughts?
Do you think that kojima has strayed away from the tactical angle for the MGS series? I remembered when i played MGS 1 and 2 there were a lot of strategic moves in those games but now when going back and playing MGS4, it would be a run-and-gun type situation. Im just worried that MGS:R will be a fast-paced game and not the usual kojima greatness we are used to.... Your Thoughts???.... And im not saying that MGS4 was bad... It kicked ass... i Just wished it was more stealthier..... P.S Wombat you are awesome! and you should throw your in-laws crap where it should be ...... The Trash!!! lol j/k

well I think the site is going great but you are only missing one thing YOU. I would like to see more Game with cheapy d and wombat it would be nice if you could create a calender with differnt game nights just so cags can play together. Also in the section you could put the blogs in there and have game groups for differnt games so cags can interact with each other

Do you have any plans to extend the off-topic section of the forums? Perhaps into different areas like art and writing where people can post their work, or any other different forum for a separate subject?

I recently bought an immaculate, high-quality used Yamaha piano originally made and owned in Japan, for an amazing price. Even though a well-maintained piano can last forever, apparently the market for used pianos there is so nonexistent that it is cost effective to buy them in bulk, fill shipping containers with them, and sail them to the US to stock so-called "grey market" used piano shops, where they are still able to beat prices for basically identical used Yamahas originally made for and sold in the US market.

Cheapy, this reminded me of your past comments about how in Japan, used games missing a manual or showing any kind of even superficial damage are essentially worthless. Are these isolated examples, or is there a more general cultural aversion to all things used?

Hey cheapy and wombat, I am interested in the 360 but every time I think about getting one I always hear there might be a price drop. I will probally end up buying one then in 2 years the 720 will be out. Has this ever happened to you with anything?

Cheapy, I always hear you guys talk about how slow the NXE is, but my experience is the exact opposite! The NXE is faster for me than the old dashboard was. I have heard many people agree with you that its slower, but for me and some others it is considerably faster. Any idea why this is? Does it have to do with manufacturing dates of 360s or maybe the number of people on your friends list? My 360 was manufactured in 2006 and I have 40 friends on my list.

Cheapy and Wombat,

With Michael Jackson dead, what are your feelings on this sad? Happy? How about Billy Mays?

Between the two of you what were your favorite Michael Jackson songs? Music Videos? Have either of you ever attempted to Moonwalk?

Keep up the good work.

In Rocky III, Sly Stallone fought Hulk Hogan to a draw. Now that they are older dudes, who do you think would win if they fought today an why?

Hey cheapy and wombat
I heard you mentioning in previous podcast that you would like to see games retail for much lower prices. Say a company decided to do this and released there new IP at half the price of a normal game. Do you think that peoples expectations of the game would be much less. They might think that there's something wrong with it as it doesn't warrant the "normal" price tag. Would half the price equal half the development time in some peoples minds? I think this is one of the reasons why games always market at that same high price.

just wondering what you thought

Hey CheayD and Wombat, Here are my questions .
1. Do you have a recent games on the Pc?
2. would you call yourself a pc gamer?
3 do you think PC gaming has been weakened or became dead?
4. Do you think PC piracy is a huge factor in pc gaming?
5. I just found out that you can pirate Xbox 360 games, do you think might affect xbox 360 ? ( I found out by some people telling that they should pirate xbox 360 games instead of buying them , so I research more on this on google)

another amazing podcast i liked wombats description on how the conduit lacked charm i totaly agree. i had a question do you ever need ideas for songs to use in the intro to the cagcast? i personally know of a couple good ones you could use.

Hey guys, love the show and I have a question for you two.

What was the game that made you fall in love with video games? What I mean by that is what game made you become a gamer.

For me I always had video games around me being a kid growing up in NYC, and the game that made me a gamer was The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Thanks for the great deals and a great show.

-TH666

Wombat, it's been a year and seven months since podcast 99 (the live one) and I was promised a copy of Godzilla for the DS that I still have not received. I am deeply hurt by this abomination and hope to hear a response soon.

Cheapy and Wombat, why don't use the Mac Boot Camp and install the free Windows 7 Release Candidate demo? The demo works for a year and this way you guys could try out some PC games.

bread's done
Back