CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Wombat/Ship - more indie game talk. There are some good games for cheapass' to play on the indie marketplace. Cheapy - try and get some video of drunk Japanese people in the street.

Now that Mass Effect 3 is out. What do you think the chances of a ME Trilogy release like Assassin's Creed?

Question 2: Aside from the PS3 issue if they were to go ahead and release a boxset trilogy (taking aside the fact that you are not the market and will not buy it) what would you like them to include in it.

I just read IGN's review of Ninja Gaiden 3. I seem to recall the Shipwreck is a big fan of that series. I am interested in hearing what he thinks, and if he will play and review it for CAG.

Regarding EA shutting down servers including those that people paid for the online pass, does anyone have any idea how much it might cost EA to continue running the servers?

What are your thoughts on the reaction to the Mass Effect 3 ending and the possibility of BioWare either changing the ending, or releasing Epilogue DLC?

Cheapy: Due to your position in the gaming community, do you find it harder to avoid spoilers? Like do assholes spam your inbox/twitter about game endings?

Hey guys 2 quick questions. First whats going on with CAG 2.0 & the iPhone app Cheapy?
Do you think that game developers have gotten away with "lazy" endings for long enough?As I have gotten older & hate online play I choose games that I think will be a fun story but ALWAYS the endings suck, good to see them called out & held accountable.

[quote name='Chase']What are your thoughts on Amazon offering a full refund on opened copies of any game?[/QUOTE]

Fixed, according to Patrick from Giant Bomb.

Cheapyd- As I shameless run around Steelport blaring my custom Nicki Ninaj and Mark Farina soundtrack (see photo if it attaches to understand the joke) I'm curious what your thoughts are on this new DLC for Saints Row 3 are?

Since Project Wombat was named after Wombat, is there any chance of Shepherd asking a Volus what they look like without their suits and then he hands him a picture of Wombat Photoshopped in future DLC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for Cheapy - Being that you're married to a Japanese woman, did you always have a thing for Asian girls?
Question for everyone - Do you think it's necessary for companies to have these huge press events like Captivate? Does pandering to the press result in increased sales? What if a company did nothing with the game press and just released the game and showed commercials for it? Isn't it proven that reviews don't really affect sales?

With CheapyD being in Saints Row the Third I was wondering what games Shipwreck and Wombat would want to be in if they were able to.

Hey Wombat just wondering how your boycott of CBS is going? Also is it just the TV station or does it include all of CBS properties which now includes giant bomb.

Wombat, really? You're gonna look for a new football team to root for because the NY Jets signed Tim Tebow and you're not a fan of his religious beliefs (Jesus Christ, his views on women, etc...)? But you're fine rooting for the Jets with Antonio Cromartie on your team (9 kids from 8 women)? Amazing.
Please, just talk video games & the industry, it makes for a much better show when you guys do.

Hey CagCrew!

With the recent "release" of Zynga.com and other online gaming platforms like Google play plus the upcoming GFace.com service I wanted to get your opinion on the matter.

- Do you think that these platforms are going to take off?!

- Do you think at one point these can replace current gaming platforms and even habits?

PS: The nickname is supposed to be read "tear" "nuts" "off"
(not that it's relevant in any way, just sayin')

Ship - couldn't the next gen consoles come with a 3G type connection to verify a game as used? I'm sure they would gladly pay the small data transfer rates if it stops used game sales.

After watching The Adventures of Tin Tin recently, one of the first thoughts I had was how with a few tweaks, the film could have made for a great Uncharted movie. Do you think video-game-to-film adaptations could benefit from using more advanced motion capture technology to make a more mature animated film rather than hiring actors for a live action version? In the case of Uncharted, an animated version of that film would allow Nolan North to reprise his role as Nathan Drake, thus keeping fans of the franchise happy. I know Final Fantasy has already gone the CGI route but maybe now that games are a bit more mainstream the public would receive this idea a bit better.

I'm playing through ME2 for the first time and have spent the last 10 hours trying to close the deal with Kelly! And now I find out from the latest CAGCast tha I'm destined to be stuck in the "friend zone"? Son of a bitch! I already told Ashley and Miranda to take a hike. Looks like I'll get to F the vacuum cleaner. Vrrrrroooommmmm!

Anyway, thanks for working hard to avoid the ME3 spoilers. I won't get to it until I polish off ME2...and the vacuum.

Upon Cheapy's recommendation, I watched Daybreakers. That's actually a good piece of film.

So, guys, do you have any other film recommendations? (No documentaries, tho.) Thanks!

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the potential sale of goozex? Do you think the dollar amount is a fair number, and what could this mean to CAG trading?

Here is a quick summary of the events.....

Goozex is being bought out by SecureLogic Corp, an acquisition company, for $150,000. The previous Goozex management all appear (via LinkedIn) to have new VP jobs at other businesses. The old owners have agreed to an NDA and will not comment on it; the new owners do not appear eager to show themselves on the forums.

SecureLogic does not seem to be the type of company with Goozex's long term interest in mind. There are lots of ways that they could benefit financially from Goozex in the short term, but none of them would appear to be in the best interest of the site or its users. Their past history in particular would indicate that their goal is to cash out quick and move on.

Do you guys think there should be a full fledged Star Wars dancing game? Only that instead of adding crappy lyrics to known pop songs, Weird Al writes lyrics to known Star Wars songs, especially when they have no lyrics?

Hey Ship., I remember your wife finding you an old arcade machine & I remember you were going to build a game room, hows the status on that? I haven't seen any more post about it or finding any more machines.

About all these used game rumors for the new Xbox and Playstation:

What if all it was really was a way to limit trophies and achievements. Buy a game used? Cannot earn achievements. Maybe this is the next step in achievements, because what if you could then use those achievements to "purchase" DLC. Option one: pay money, option two: spend achievements earned from games purchased new. What do you guys think?

Personally I cannot see a complete used game lock out. Even though it was proven each disc is unique due to the PSP --> Vita disc to digital upgrade over in Japan. If they do lock out used games, they'll have to go the route of Steam/PC. Meaning cheap CHEAP games and tons of deals. Cheap as in the games go for sale commonly for $10-$20. I do not know anyone who pays $60 for a PC game like they do for console games, the digital sales are just so frequent and in your face.

Also, both Xbox and Playstation seem to be pushing digital copies of full games. But with the new consoles on the horizon, how long will they support all the old XBLA titles / PSN games? They want us to go digital, but will not transfer those games to the new console? Seems like failure before launch. Why buy the next gen games digitally, when we know they'll stop supporting them.

Even if your downloadable content doesn’t carry over to your next system, it likely won’t disappear the day the next Xbox or PlayStation is released. According to Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter, Microsoft and Sony are likely to offer gamers an extended grace period on content they’ve purchased online. “I think that downloadable games is the smallest part in determining whether to support online for legacy systems,” Pachter told us. “The Call of Duty multiplayer community is likely to remain quite large for at least a couple of years post launch of the next-gen systems, so Microsoft and Sony are highly likely to continue legacy online support for at least two years. I think next-gen systems are coming out in 2014, so support through 2016 for downloadable games should be sufficient for most people.”
From: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...tion-date-will-modern-video-games-go-bad.aspx

No, that is not sufficient. When I paid for it, I thought I was buying it. Not renting it for 2 years. Just another reason next gen cannot go full digital, and never will. PCs are upgradable, consoles are not. We have to buy new consoles every gen, but all your Steam games will stay forever.

Cheapy, after seeing the new Steel Battalion trailer for Kinect, and knowing your love for giant robots, will this game make you dust off your kinect and give it a shot?

Here is a link to the trailer if you haven't seen it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-2012-steel-battalion/728728

P.S.

I am completely with you on R.A.D. I saw that game in a Sam Goody Kiosk when it came out and the scale just blew me away. Never seen a game do that since. Could really use a sequel.

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat
I just released my first game on the itunes app store and I was hoping I could get one of you guys to check it out and if you think it's worth it doing a mini review. The game is called Bounty Bots (here) and best of all it's FREE. Also it is very kid friendly.
Thank you some much for the very entertaining podcast,
Jacob Mesa

Now that the Xbox 360 life cycle is winding down, where would you rank it compared to other consoles of the past? It has to be pretty close to the top right?

I've been thinking about compiling a list of all the video games I own. I know Shipwreck keeps tabs on his titles, but do Cheapy or Wombat? What program does Ship use? Cheapy, you can add your collections on CAG, what is the benefit of this? How does it compare to other game collecting sites? ie. GameFAQs, Goozex, Decide-o-tron, etc. Maybe a chance to pimp this feature of the site? Please, help me choose a program guys, you're my only hope........

Cheapy will you be picking up Rayman Origins now that is it $19.99 at Gamestop. For everyone Gamestop now sells used skylander figures what do you think of this?

Now that you've all finished ME3, knowing the ending, will you be getting the future DLC (not including the "enhanced" ending) for the single player? If so, will it be right away? Or wait for the inevitable sale?

Hey Guys, With this Spring/Summer new releases looking as weak as I can remember,are there any games that you are saving or plan on finishing to hold you over until Fall?

Let's say, in the next cycle of game consoles, publishers put out games (singleplayer or multiplayer) that can only be used on one console without having to purchase an inflated activation fee. What happens to customers without the Internet? Surely, this would hurt all sales and not just used game sales.

Following this thought bubble: Say publisher tactics to eliminate the used game market affects new and used game sales, would this affect CAG? Would a crippled used game market affect CAG?

(I think CAG would prosper while places like GameFly would be in trouble.)

Now that you guys have all finished Mass Effect 3, what are your thoughts on the Extended Cut DLC that is coming this summer? Also, have any of you seen the fan made video on YouTube for the Indoctrination Theory? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think it is true, or just wishful thinking by fans?

Hey Cheapy, don't quit with the ME3 Jamaican guy jokes just yet. I guffaw every single time mon!

And as a service to us CAGs who haven't played/finished ME3 yet, please do all the spoiler talk at the beginning of the next CAGCast and tell us up front to "fast forward to xx:xx in the show to avoid spoliers". Thanks!

ME3 spoiler:
Why was Samara going to shoot herself rather than kill her daughter? She didn't seem to have trouble with that in the second game.

Do you guys think the misguided need to add multiplayer to a series that did not require it caused Bioware to rush/short change the ending to ME3? It seems like those development $'s could have been better spent on the single player game that everyone wanted than throwing in another (albeit a pretty good one) multiplayer environment that will just be discarded when the next Gears of Halo Dutyfield comes out in 4.7 seconds. The annual update genres (sports, fighting, FPS) doesn't produce games that live forever in part because the servers required to support them will eventually go dark. A great stand alone game can always be pulled off the shelf and intro'd to a new generation. Its a shame Bioware didn't realize this.

Wombat,

My wife and I are expecting our second child in a few months. Our other child will be 2 1/2 by due date. Do you have any pro-tips for family and game time management with two youngins' in the house?

bread's done
Back