CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

So you really do seem to live in a hotel. Is there anything American that isn't in Japan. (Minus the weed or more English speaking people of course.) And to Wombat and Shipwreck is there anything from Japan (like Cheapy's Bathtub) that you wish you had?

Just saw the Human Wombat 2.0 drawing, looks fantastic. I will miss the furry Wombat avatar. Since Boatcrash has join on, in my opinion, the quality of the CAGcast has improved greatly upon an already wonderful show that gets me through my daily commute to and from classes. Keep it up.

WOMBAT FTW!!

Another great podcast guys. I'd love to get a guest spot from Mrs. Boatcrash just for old times sake though.

Also the new human Wombat design is kick ass, you should pick that one Wombat.

i will apply the robocop 1-2-3 scale to this podcast, but also include the robocop cartoon and sidescrolling robocop beat-em-up arcade game to the rubric.

this week's podcast was robocop cartoon.

don't burn your tongue on your lean pocket wombat.

Everybody all at once....YES! So, here is the deal I got from a private buyer off of Craigslist:

The Darkness, Crackdown, Ninja Gaiden II and Dead Space complete with cases and manuals all for the very low price of $25. Not bad, I was pretty happy with that. And, I type this message on my new laptop because mine of 6 years decided to retire all on its own. I got a Lenova:

15.6 HD LCD, Intel Core i7, 4 GB DDR3, 500 GB RAM and for my new venture into trying out PC gaming, Nvidia GeForce with 1GB dedicated RAM. There is more but that is the just of it. Man, it is fun getting new gadgets. :bouncy:

Good show as usual, guys. There isn't really anything specific I'd like to comment on, but I wouldn't mind a chance at winning that gift certificate...:p

Good show. I wanted to leave a comment so that wombat won't get too depressed. Also, I want to see some pictures of this supposed girls' basketball team.

[quote name='atomsk']Also, I want to see some pictures of this supposed girls' basketball team.[/QUOTE]

dude.. you want to see 10 year olds?

Great show as usual. And ive been meaning to post about the album art for weeks.

I think shipwreck should definetly be on it now. And i think its great hes on the show.

Wombat, you should go with the "human" image..

CheapyD, on the question of getting Dragon Age: I would recommend getting it on a computer, rather than the console. A mouse and keyboard is a far superior way to play it. There is more depth and complexity available. Plus it is more like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale like that.

And yes, there is a Mac version available: http://dragonage.bioware.com/game/order-mac/

Also: FYI, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 were not done by Bioware. They were both Black Isle Studios (Planescape, Fallout 1 & 2), of which the core are now Obsidian Entertainment (Neverwinter Nights 2, KOTOR 2, Alpha Protocol).

Hey, guys. Just wanted to say I feel your pain, Wombat, on the nothing-to-look-forward-to-at-work problem. At least you got a hot pocket, you rich bastard. ;)

Great show, guys. I don't really have anything new to add, I just wanted to second pretty much everyone and say that Shipwreck is a great addition to the show.

Good show, guys.
I'm surprised to hear you guys weren't more excited about Pokemon, everyone knows those games are consistently awesome.

on the Xbox 360 slim: why would you want to pack all that heat generating tech in an even smaller package, use the lower heat chips in the classic shell so they stop breaking.

I bought a 360 just for Mass Effect years ago and then sold it. A 360 slim probably wouldn't get me to buy another 360 unless Halo: Reach is really good. $60 is too much for a game.

I'm playing STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl now, does that mean I'd like Metro 2033 because some of the same people worked on them?

Hey guys,

You have read stuff from me a couple of time. My name is Imallvol7. Supposed to read I'm all VOL 7. Like I am all volunteer, University of Tennessee. I have had it as a screen name since I started using the internet. When I play online, it is often mistaken for Lee Malvo, which is strangely appropriate and disturbing when I am playing a FPS.

Wombat, I am still laughing 2 weeks later over your "slammin" ass comment.

Keep up the good work guys, I can't get enough of your show.

Imallvol7

[quote name='bmulligan']I've got to say Cheapy, that your outright dismissals of the new motion controllers is getting tiresome. We know, you don't like them, so why not just skip the subject altogether. And chastising another forum member for bringing this up just makes you look like a big sweaty dick.

I guess since you've already alienated a segment of your potential listening audience with weekly Wii bashing, shitting on adoption of motion controls by Sony and MS won't lose you any more audience members. Pissing on them isn't going to make motion controls go away, so, maybe you could actually put some thought into the concepts and come to some rational conclusions after the games are released? Or is campaigning for their failure the best chance to get in a prophetic "I told you so" a year from now?

Many users on your own forums declare their distaste for the Wii stems from last-gen graphics and Wiimote inaccuracies. Think of how much better many of these games can be with more accurate controls and mind blowing visuals. Sony may have an opportunity to beat Nintendo at their own game and bring an HD Wii to life years before Nintendo decides to do the same. Maybe you could take the time to really look at these systems' potential instead of taking the lazy way out and dismissing them out of hand.

The prejudice is really taking it's toll on me as a listener. I thought I might like to hear your opinion on the motion games when they are released, but it may now be impossible for you or any of the other listeners you've swayed to have an open mind on the subject.

At least we have Shipwreck, who will probably be willing to give these new toys half a chance.[/QUOTE]

I largely agree with this. There's a certain myopia that Cheapy brings to the table, in that he's oblivious to a whole helluva lot in the games industry, and Wombat brings little more than one-liners so bad Henny Youngman would be embarrassed. Shipwreck carries the yoke of knowledge for all three hosts, bringing the bulk of the important content to the program. I've never played a Pokemon game, and I'm probably not going to start anytime soon; but I respect that Shipwreck knows enough to discuss them and their release - not to mention that other weekly releases that only Shipwreck knew of.

short version: it's rather telling that the bulk of the compliments this week offer little more than praise for your new nickname for Shipwreck.

[quote name='mykevermin']I largely agree with this. There's a certain myopia that Cheapy brings to the table, in that he's oblivious to a whole helluva lot in the games industry, and Wombat brings little more than one-liners so bad Henny Youngman would be embarrassed. Shipwreck carries the yoke of knowledge for all three hosts, bringing the bulk of the important content to the program. I've never played a Pokemon game, and I'm probably not going to start anytime soon; but I respect that Shipwreck knows enough to discuss them and their release - not to mention that other weekly releases that only Shipwreck knew of.

short version: it's rather telling that the bulk of the compliments this week offer little more than praise for your new nickname for Shipwreck.[/QUOTE]

Henny Youngman would love my jokes, and I knew more about Pokemon then Ship did. I also made the bulk the last outline. I love that Ship is there is fountain of game knowledge and he is the best thing to happen to the show, but if thats how you feel...

I like the new 3 man setup of the Cagcast. You get 3 different personalities colliding, which makes for some funny jokes.
I'm still amazed at how many games Shipwreck plays, I'm a mechanical engineering student and I don't get to play too many games.

I just have to tell you guys this, i've been listening to some old cagcasts from around 100 -130 and i had a brain wave ^.^ so i went back to CagCast 69 just to hear wombats childish laugh after "The Cheapster" welcomed us to CagCast number 69 haha i love wombats witty humor and Cheapy's storys.

Great Show

[quote name='Wombat']Why would they stop, do you have a link stating they have changed there stance? I don't know many companies that release press statements that say "we haven't changed our minds".[/QUOTE]
So this is a silent consent thing, where if they don't speak out against it, that they obviously support it? It's not that I am against it, but you guys talk about game sharing stuff often enough that it's almost like only one of you are allowed to buy a game on PSN and then the others beg on air to get your account info to get it for free. Seems awfully weird for a guy that feels guilty to accept codes for games from the developers themselves, but is fine with getting it for free through game sharing.

Even though I asked you first, it seems that it's against the TOS (Under Community Code of Conduct) to send other people your account information, though I'm not great at this legalese stuff:

You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID or any personal access to PSN through any means or method, including by use of web auction sites.
I know TOS/EULAs don't mean anything any more, but it seems like it at least makes it a shady thing despite what Jack Tretton said before the PS3 launched.

Great show guys, as always! Enjoyed it when Cheapy nearly cries at Wombat's life story! Get out the minature violins!!

Fantastic work. You guys really seem to meld well together and work toward creating a quality show. Each week it continues to be the best podcast of the week for me.

Great show guys. Looking forward to the new show icon. How about a thread for CAG member input on how 'the boatcrash' can be added?

I wanted to say on the bombcast they said they wanted to make a game with time travelling Abe Lincolm. He would have a JWB brain sidekick and it would be an action game would you play it?

Good show, guys. Congrats to Wombat for losing weight! I would also like to add my name to the list of those who like the permanent addition of ShipWreck to the show. I think he adds a lot to the discussions.

each show with boatcrash gets better and better. I am getting tired of project shitbox and bowel movement talk. I do look forward to the non-gaming shitbox and bowel movement stories though

natal is gonna suck and so will playstation "move" not for hard core gamers. and cheappy is right BC2 is way better than MW2, $15 for a few maps?! whatever....

Wombat drop those lean pockets and go with fruit, yogurt & granola. Congrats on the weight loss!

Do you guys ever expect to have any other special guests' on the show? Kinda like the interview for ME2?

Great show, also, looking forward to the new album art!(or icon, whatever)

bread's done
Back