CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

I finished my 18th fight and 8th middleweight (or MIDDLEWEIGHT, as the game says) title defense to improve to 18-0. I'm now a 56 overall, almost 4 years into my career. I thought that was bad, but thanks, Regian, for making me feel better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be sitting the first tournament out. Right now I'm debating on keeping the game or taking it back. The comments about the online being laggy has me worried since my connection isn't the best.

Ah, I was wondering why you hadn't played. I'd say the single player is worth the price of admission alone. But the online is not really laggy at all. It's less laggy than Smackdown. However, with your connection, I don't know.

All right, the brackets are now up! You guys are free to fight at any time, just be sure to post the results in here in the correct format (see OP if you don't remember...I added a very useful 3 question "FAQ" at the beginning). Other than that, "LET'S GET IT ON!!!" :)

Also, it seems several people are considering restarting their careers. This is understandable. There are several things in the game that aren't exactly self explanatory and take time to figure out how to utilize properly. Starting over might be beneficial to you in the long run. All I would say is pick the right time to do it. This is what I added to the OP concerning that subject:

If you want to take a break from scheduled matches so you can work on your fighter, or even redo your career, you're free to do so at any time. Your absence might cause a slip in the rankings, but it doesn't hurt your career or your standing with CAGFC.

The way I view it is that you're going into hardcore training. Many fighters in real life take a year off to completely overhaul their game. To me, this would be no different. There's also no reason why you couldn't continue to fight with your "crappier fighter", while you work on a new career, and then just simply replace him when you're ready. Basically, whatever you do behind the scenes is up to you. This was also how I thought you could essentially "switch weight classes" too. Considering the career mode doesn't take an incredible amount of time to go through, I think there are a lot of options here. Just choose wisely. :)

[quote name='MikeBike']Michael Klein | Roy Jones Jr | KO | 1:22 of Round 1

Crazy Flash KO[/QUOTE]

Haha! I love this game. That must have been hilarious.

[quote name='MikeBike']Michael Klein | Roy Jones Jr | KO | 1:22 of Round 1

Crazy Flash KO[/QUOTE]

Essh, it was bad...My fighters are insanely weak, almost laughable in career mode as well.

If anyone wants to help me train to understand this game better I would appreciate it as the manual and tutorials suck.

[quote name='seen']Essh, it was bad...My fighters are insanely weak, almost laughable in career mode as well.

If anyone wants to help me train to understand this game better I would appreciate it as the manual and tutorials suck.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think the tutorial is pretty good, but you also have to have an understanding of the sport. From your choice of fighter names, I'm guessing you're into boxing? The one thing I can tell you is that fighters with only a striking background generally do not do well in MMA.

Learning the ground part of the game will do wonders for you. Slugfests might sound like a good idea in theory, but considering the game's propensity for quick knockouts, all it takes is one shot to end your night. Plus, it's good to have a strategy if you are taking big shots. Standing there and trading with your opponent isn't the best idea. Take him down and screw up his gameplan.

Yes, learn to find out if he likes to go low or high, if he is hitting high go for the grapple, if he is going low, go for the takedown. I have the game down pretty much and I have come across some really good fighters. It's all about learning there strategy and how they play. If they wanna make you submit or if they just wanna strike like an idiot non stop.

Yes, I am a boxing fan. I know the sport well and enjoy it a lot. As I mentioned in another thread, I did not start watching MMA until last May at Elite XC-Primetime. Since I occasionally watch it, I have a basic understanding of the fighters; not much of the techniques involved.

Either of you up for a match after the fight? maybe point out somethings while playing?

I get jackie Chan in the first round?

[quote name='moojuice']Hey Matt, wanna set something up for tommorow?[/QUOTE]

Crap. I was hoping for tonight after the PPV. I can't promise I can play tomorrow, but if I am unavailable tomorrow (and you are unavailable tonight), would Monday work?

And if Moo can't play tonight, I'd be more than happy to have some exhibition fights with anyone.

[quote name='seen']Yes, I am a boxing fan. I know the sport well and enjoy it a lot. As I mentioned in another thread, I did not start watching MMA until last May at Elite XC-Primetime. Since I occasionally watch it, I have a basic understanding of the fighters; not much of the techniques involved.

Either of you up for a match after the fight? maybe point out somethings while playing?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I might be around for a bit after UFC98 is over.

[quote name='Matt Young']I get jackie Chan in the first round?

Crap. I was hoping for tonight after the PPV. I can't promise I can play tomorrow, but if I am unavailable tomorrow (and you are unavailable tonight), would Monday work?

And if Moo can't play tonight, I'd be more than happy to have some exhibition fights with anyone.[/QUOTE]

I think I missed you by one minute. Was watching our teams play each other, and when I hopped on, said you were offline for one minute. Monday works though...I should be free all day. If anything comes up, it would be mid-afternoon.

[quote name='Matt Young']And if Moo can't play tonight, I'd be more than happy to have some exhibition fights with anyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling you out! ;)

[quote name='moojuice']I think I missed you by one minute. Was watching our teams play each other, and when I hopped on, said you were offline for one minute. Monday works though...I should be free all day. If anything comes up, it would be mid-afternoon.[/QUOTE]

That's just Xbox.com. I always have a tab open. I haven't been on Live all day. But yeah, Monday is good. As for the basketball game, I watched the first half, then went to watch UFC. I'll be finishing the Lakers game on the DVR.

Devin, you opened your game?

Matt Young (win)| Jackie Chan| Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-27)

Most uneventful fight ever.

Well I'm a 56 overall in my career now as I just won the LH title in year 5.

No one is using the exploit to get their characters into the 90's are they? I really don't want this league to get ruined.

What exploit, Jason? I wasn't aware of any.

[quote name='moojuice']Matt Young (win)| Jackie Chan| Unanimous Decision (27-30, 25-30, 27-30)

Most uneventful fight ever.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't like decisions. I thought our fight was even, and I won unanimously. But I thought I had Nate beaten, and he beat me 29-28 in every round. Go figure. But the numbers you posted should be reversed.

He is probably talking about just creating a fighter and using him instead of going through Career. We are all honest here so we don't roll like that. Plus I think my one Achievement for winning the belt pretty much puts all to rest lol.

[quote name='Matt Young']What exploit, Jason? I wasn't aware of any.

Yeah, I don't like decisions. I thought our fight was even, and I won unanimously. But I thought I had Nate beaten, and he beat me 29-28 in every round. Go figure. But the numbers you posted should be reversed.[/QUOTE]
Whups, fixed.

Yeah, it's weird that I didn't even get scored close. But it's probably because I got nailed every time I tried to step in. My offense didn't kick in until the last round, so you probably picked up a lot of points in the first two.

The thing I'm most surprised about though is that apparently kicking someone in the head while they attempt a takedown doesn't affect their attempt >_

Well, it seemed like you grazed me on most of those kicks due to me diving down for the double leg. I also didn't complete most of the takedowns when you made contact, for what it's worth. I know that you can flash KO someone with a knee as they're attempting a takedown.

What exploit? It's not hard to get your character into the 90's if you don't do autograph signings or take fights on short notice. I did that for the first few months and realized it was just taking away time from training. All I did was Spar-Rest-Train-Rest until fight time.

I didn't do that well at some of the sparring, and I wasted some time in the beginning doing the interviews and autographs and I still got a 93.

[quote name='whiptcracker']What exploit? It's not hard to get your character into the 90's if you don't do autograph signings or take fights on short notice. I did that for the first few months and realized it was just taking away time from training. All I did was Spar-Rest-Train-Rest until fight time.

I didn't do that well at some of the sparring, and I wasted some time in the beginning doing the interviews and autographs and I still got a 93.[/QUOTE]

Ya I came to the same realization as you did, though it took a while. I'm looking at finishing at or around 90. I had some really shitty sparring sessions, like only getting 17 points.

Well Joe told me last night there was an exploit in the game to where you would go into create a fighter, distribute the points, exit out without saving, then go back in and you're already applied points were still there and you got to go again.

So all I need to do is look on the achievements and see if someone has won the title and then it's cool? Alright, thanks. Just worried how everyone is getting into 80's and 90's and I'm in year 5 at 56.

i was in the 50's during the 5th year. So you seem on track. Also I'll add u on XBL let me know when u can fight.

edit: Just finished my career at 88 pfft. MSU, ur friends list is full.

Apparently, my nickname's the only one not listed in the OP. I'm "The Buzzsaw".

Moonknight- Cmoore hardly posts, period. Did you message him in here or on Live?

[quote name='homeland']Ya I came to the same realization as you did, though it took a while. I'm looking at finishing at or around 90. I had some really shitty sparring sessions, like only getting 17 points.[/QUOTE]

I was scheduled to fight Machida and during the first sparring session I gained only 7 points :)

[quote name='Matt Young']Moonknight- Cmoore hardly posts, period. Did you message him in here or on Live?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wow...he's been a member for over 4 years and only has 172 posts. That's 43 posts a year, lol. I just want to get through this tournament. After that, if people don't want to fight, I'll drop their asses to the bottom of the rankings. I'm really relishing the idea of not having to give a shit if people flake out. Such a nice change of pace from most leagues.

[quote name='homeland']i was in the 50's during the 5th year. So you seem on track. Also I'll add u on XBL let me know when u can fight.

edit: Just finished my career at 88 pfft. MSU, ur friends list is full.[/QUOTE]

There's an opening now.

I fought Anderson Silva again in career and, while he beat me up with the clinch, I reversed his clinch strikes a few times and KO'd him in round 3.

I was worried that I had messed up in the beginning, but my guy seems to be on the right track. 23-0 with 13 consecutive title defenses and an overall ranking of 68 at the beginning of year 5. I should be able to get to a 90 at this rate. But all 23 career victories are via knockout. Button mashing or stick twirling (both super fast) doesn't work at all in career, but often in exhibition. Garr.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, wow...he's been a member for over 4 years and only has 172 posts. That's 43 posts a year, lol. I just want to get through this tournament. After that, if people don't want to fight, I'll drop their asses to the bottom of the rankings. I'm really relishing the idea of not having to give a shit if people flake out. Such a nice change of pace from most leagues.[/QUOTE]

I sent him a message on xbox live also and sent him a friend request. Hopefully we can play our match tonight.....

Alright, I just finished out my middleweight fighter's career and I'll give this a try I guess. You talked me into it Matt Young. I don't know how active I can be though.

Name: Drew "Big Nasty" Campbell
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 185
Fighting Styles: Kickboxing/Wrestling
Overall Rating: 95

I'm starting up a Light Heavyweight career next since that's apparently where all the action is.

Jean Claude d. Jason Hart submission (kamura) Rd. 1 3:06

Nice job man. I'm so pissed at myself as I was doing pretty good and then you got into that kamura and I accidentally hit start trying to counter it and the prompt about giving up came on the screen and by the time I cleared it you had it sinched in.

No one to blame but myself, good luck in the finals.

Jean Claude | Brett Hart | submission | 3:05 Round 1

Good match. I really need to learn how to get out of the clinch, I thought for sure you had me. Thankfully I threw your controller a few bucks to sabotage you.

Found this place just last night and thought this would be a cool place to play UFC online.

Name:
Tyler "The Headhunter" Wilson
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 235 (Heavyweight)
Fighting Styles: Muay Thai, BJJ
Overall Rating:

EDIT: Just finished my career, overall is 90 now.

Codi Garber def. Jimi Smith by KO at 3:31 of the 2nd Round.

We had a good fight. I am tired of the lag I've been having though, I've played my first 5 Online fights tonight and had lag in every single one of them. Does everyone else lag that often?

bread's done
Back