CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

Yeah I don't know how that will all work. I just know that I just won my 5th fight (5-0) and I am only rated a 31 right now. That doesn't seem high to me, at least not that I am aware of.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I wanted to add something to this since it's been brought up as a potential issue. Honestly, none of us really know how the "level up" system works for CAFs yet. Like I said, I started on beginner just because I wanted to give the game a run through and boost my CAF without struggling through the main game. However, the unaccounted for variable is whether you rank up quicker by playing on a harder difficulty. cgarb84's fighter might skyrocket because he's going through on advanced. The way I see it, it's just strategy. I can't really say with any certainty whether I'm better off or he is.[/QUOTE]

I did a quick search on-line and from everything I was able to get there is no difference between Expert or Beginner in terms of points.

It is just much easier to get points in beginner than expert obviously since Sparring won't be as difficult in Beginner as it would in Expert.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I wanted to add something to this since it's been brought up as a potential issue. Honestly, none of us really know how the "level up" system works for CAFs yet. Like I said, I started on beginner just because I wanted to give the game a run through and boost my CAF without struggling through the main game. However, the unaccounted for variable is whether you rank up quicker by playing on a harder difficulty. cgarb84's fighter might skyrocket because he's going through on advanced. The way I see it, it's just strategy. I can't really say with any certainty whether I'm better off or he is.[/QUOTE]

It works the same, no matter what level of difficulty you are on.

The main difference is sparring on higher difficulties is more difficult than sparring on lower difficulties which means that there is a potential for less points to be gained.

Then again someone who chooses to do things like autograph signings instead of sparring will miss out on points as well. It will not lead to a major difference in development other than sparring.

[quote name='whiptcracker']It works the same, no matter what level of difficulty you are on.

The main difference is sparring on higher difficulties is more difficult than sparring on lower difficulties which means that there is a potential for less points to be gained.

Then again someone who chooses to do things like autograph signings instead of sparring will miss out on points as well. It will not lead to a major difference in development other than sparring.[/QUOTE]

Well, if that's true, then I'd say the "smart" strategy would be playing through once on beginner. For the guys who aren't, I don't really know what to say. It just made sense to me to go through once to get a feel for the game, and then up the difficulty the next time around.

[quote name='cubs2321']Name:Brandon "The Grim Reaper" Craig
Height:6'7"
Weight:235
Fighting Styles:Kickboxing/BJJ
Overall Rating:44[/QUOTE]

Why the hell are guys who are this tall STILL only at 235lbs? Gary and I were talking about this last night. He was wondering why he couldn't get his guy (6'2") to weigh more, and I told him it was probably because weight was linked to height. But now this really doesn't make any sense. It's really just stupid that weight can't be controlled independently, but how else can you get to the upper ranges of the heavyweight class?

EDIT - Actually, I think it's ironic that all you guys are capped at 235lbs because I think that's right where UFC needs to put a Super Heavyweight division. Over 235lbs to 260lbs (or more even) would keep guys like Randy Couture from having to see Brock Lesnar ever again. These new freakazoid heavyweights are just too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pimpster4183']Am I gaining anything from doing these autograph sessions, interviews or photo shoots?[/QUOTE]

It gives you more cred. More cred= better equipment and more sponser stickers to put on your ass.

The maximum weight limit for CAF is 235. Weight is tied to class not height and isn't changeable.

And pimpster, no you aren't really gaining anything through the autograph sections except for a small amount of cred, which you can generally gain a similar amount by wearing sponsor patches during a match. Same goes for attending fight nights, getting interviews, etc. Most give 200-300 cred. Fights usually end up with between 1000-2000 cred. Wear 5-6 sponsor patched during a fight and you get an extra 200-300 cred.

It basically wastes a day you could've spent training/sparring.

[quote name='whiptcracker']The maximum weight limit for CAF is 235. Weight is tied to class not height and isn't changeable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gotta say, that's dumb. Why the hell did they do that?

I was not very happy when I was making the fighter too. A sliding scale where your weight class changes as you make your guy bigger would have been my preference.

Name: "The Buzzsaw" Allen Duke
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 205
Fighting Styles: Muay Thai/BJJ
Overall Rating: 39

Are we locked into that overall rating, or can we continue in our career mode until Saturday?

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Are we locked into that overall rating, or can we continue in our career mode until Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Definitely continue. It's really just a starting point. I don't even know if we'll have enough guys signed up to start the tournament on Saturday, but I just wanted to put numbers on things so people know it is starting soon. I'm hoping a few more people get added to the MW, WW, and LW classes. I'd like at least 4 fighters per division for the tournament. That would make for a total of 20 guys. I'm sure we'll grow as we go along, but even a 4 man tourney for each weight class would be a decent starting point.

Honestly, after playing online vs. CAF's, I think I'm out... People just make their Submissions 99 and tap you out within 30 seconds, happened to me twice today. Ridiculous.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Honestly, after playing online vs. CAF's, I think I'm out... People just make their Submissions 99 and tap you out within 30 seconds, happened to me twice today. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

That's where you gotta get the slams. I was slamming down Nate pretty good last night so he couldn't get a submission. I just wish I knew how to overturn them so I could get on top.

Yeah but when your going against some guy with 99 submission offense, and he takes you down within the first minute locks in a Kimura and gets it when I'm spinning the joystick as fast as fucking possible and he still wins, that's retarded.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Yeah but when your going against some guy with 99 submission offense, and he takes you down within the first minute locks in a Kimura and gets it when I'm spinning the joystick as fast as fucking possible and he still wins, that's retarded.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you have to get those stats up or try something else. I hate to say it, but there just isn't a fighting game that has a cheese-free online community. Which is probably why the CAGFC was started in the first place. Cheese-free games and ballbusting amongst friends.

On a related note, I have had a few online bouts myself with two good ones going into the third round.

Then I got knocked the fuck out.

[quote name='Regian']Yeah, you have to get those stats up or try something else. I hate to say it, but there just isn't a fighting game that has a cheese-free online community. Which is probably why the CAGFC was started in the first place. Cheese-free games and ballbusting amongst friends[/QUOTE]

Corrected ;)

talon, since you were one of the driving forces of this thing man, it would suck for you to bail...unless you're planning on trading the game in or something. The problem with online gaming as a whole is that some people have no interest in having fun. They'll steal, cheat, and kill as long as it means they win. Playing randoms is a horrible experience in basically every game ever. That's why us having a somewhat controlled environment with people who aren't total douchebags is one of the few things that makes Xbox Live worth the subscription cost anymore.

I mean, look at the damn UFC leaderboard already. I looked last night...the same freaking day the game was released, and some asshat was 169-1 already. I realize the game was sold early in a lot of places, but don't companies realize this RUINS the online experience of these games? Guys like this have probably already beaten the game 10 times and have a CAF maxed out in every weight class. On the other hand, he's probably never seen a woman or been outside of his parents basement either, but seriously! Sadly, the bottom line is, if you're not playing with friends, most of the time, you're better off not playing. But unfortunately, that's not a problem unique to UFC.

Middleweight
Eric "El Toro" Ortiz
Height: 6'3
Fighting Style: Boxing/Wrestling

Not sure the rest, my brother is playing. Will get the info later. Just wanted to get myself in there.

Its just frustrating as I consider myself an 'above average' gamer and to dominate a fight just to get beat by some random ass submission or to lose before i can even throw a punch is just retarded and ultimately frustrating. I don't know, go ahead and put me in but if I throw my xbox out the window I'm out lol

Middleweight
Tyler "The Grim Reaper" Young
Fighting Style: Kickboxing/BJJ

BTW: If middleweight gets too crowded I'll make a WW or LW to even it out, I'll keep track. I

If talon does decide to bail I will gladly help out. Also, I just checked my Overall when I fought Matt with my GOOD CAF. It's a 70 right now. :D Getting up there slowly. Then Mir knocked me out good when Matt Played lol.

Name: Blake "The Headhunter" Garber
Weight Division: Heavyweight
Fighting Styles: Kickboxing, BJJ
Overall Rating: 38

So I guess I am getting close to a third of the way done with my career and I haven't been able to progress as much as I would like. I've been playing on the 3rd difficulty (advanced) and right now my record is 8-4. Things have gotten a lot tougher since I started fighting real fighters. Today I lost to Coleman after taking that fight on 2 weeks notice, got knocked out by Crocop (hurt for multiple reasons) and also got knocked out by fucking Justin McCully This loss hurt the most since McCully sucks ass. The only real fighter that I've dominated multiple times is Eddie Sanchez. :lol:

Jason Hart
Light Heavyweight
6 ft. 2 in. 205 lbs.
Kickboxing/Wrestling
Overall rating 42

(10-2 so far in career mode.)

I think i'll give it a go:
Name: Jackie "Hands of Stone" Chan
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185 lbs (Middleweight)
Fighting Styles: Muay Thai/Judo
Overall Rating: I'll have to check this.

I don't understand talon's complaint. Hell, there's always a work around to that and I don't understand why he's so upset about it. If someone was smart enough to raise their Submission to 99 that kudos to them. Hell, I know I've focused the majority of my points towards Submission offense, I'm glad my thought process on it proved right.

I posted my stats back on page 5, haven't been added to the OP yet. There have been a lot of posts here recently so I probably just got overlooked.

[quote name='cgarb84']I posted my stats back on page 5, haven't been added to the OP yet. There have been a lot of posts here recently so I probably just got overlooked.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, sorry about that! I don't know how I missed you. Stupid oversight on my part. I got you added now. Glad to see we've got another Welterweight! Hopefully, the lighter divisions start to fill up a bit.

I know exactly what you're talking about with the submission thing. Last night I was playing ranked matches online, I fought this CAF who was making his debut, he took me down (GSP) and made me tap super quick. About an hour goes by and guess what, I'm in this guys room again and now he's like 8-0, I fight him again and he does the same shit.

Name: Jay"Quick Silver" Gillums
Weight: 235 lbs (Heavyweight)
Fighting Styles: Muay Thai/Judo
Overall Rating: 32

[quote name='MSUHitman']Jason Hart
Light Heavyweight
6 ft. 2 in. 205 lbs.
Kickboxing/Wrestling
Overall rating 42

(10-2 so far in career mode.)[/QUOTE]

Forgot to say my dude's nickname is Buzzsaw.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I just finished the game. How sad is that? lol. Anyways my final rating is 83. I had no life while playing the Career.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Your CAF is up to an 83 now? What happened? Did it just force you to retire? Looks like we know who the favorite for first CAGFC Heavyweight Champ is, haha.

See, that's exactly the idea though. Vulcan decided to be a loser for a couple days and now has a high rated fighter to show for it, haha. ;) He's way ahead of everybody, but he SHOULD be favored to win the belt with that kind of effort put in. If only life was always that fair. Now it's on everybody else to catch up. There's a method to the madness. See! :)

Are we still starting this weekend? Because we'll maybe have 2 people finished with career mode by then. I had to replay that cheap "we're ratcheting up the difficulty 100x" Anderson Silva fight 21 times.

[quote name='Matt Young']Are we still starting this weekend? Because we'll maybe have 2 people finished with career mode by then. I had to replay that cheap "we're ratcheting up the difficulty 100x" Anderson Silva fight 21 times.[/QUOTE]

I'm not totally sure yet. We still only have one LW. I could live with having only 2 MW, because that would at least get us by temporarily...but I wish we'd get another LW so somebody wouldn't just be handed the title and not get a chance to fight. The rest of the divisions are more than ready though. And even if there are some people who have finished career mode *ahem..Gary..jesus christ..wtf???* lol ;), it's not like they'll never be beatable. They just got a head start. Nothing wrong with that.

You had that much trouble with Silva on beginner though? That's crazy. Luckily, I haven't had to fight him yet. Yushin Okami is the champ in my career (and my next match), and Silva is only ranked 4th. I'm sure I'll have to defend against him though. Gee, I can't wait. :roll: haha

I Literally played this game on Tuesday night at 9pm. Had a few bouts with nate, Then went back to Career. Then the next two days I literally woke up at 10 am and played till about 8pm. Hanged out with the wife for two hours, Then went back to the game at 12 am and played till 2. That was my schedule for two days. I just created a Peter Miller and I'm gonna put him through the MW Career.

This is just a little fyi
In about 2017, they FORCE you to retire. Dana White sends you an e-mail telling you your last match, and Joe Rogan just does a interview talking about how much you did for the sport. After that, Everytime you go into Career Mode you have to go to your retired fighter to change his clothing pretty much

[quote name='cmart05']I don't understand talon's complaint. Hell, there's always a work around to that and I don't understand why he's so upset about it. If someone was smart enough to raise their Submission to 99 that kudos to them. Hell, I know I've focused the majority of my points towards Submission offense, I'm glad my thought process on it proved right.[/QUOTE]

It's because there is absolutely no technique to winning like that. One takedown, kimura, fight over. How is that fair or fun? That's all I'm saying. If you just want quick lameass wins then thats fine, but that makes it incredibly less fun for everyone else. Anyways, guess I'll start spending time on my career so my guy is higher than a 43. I think I'm 11-4 in career mode.

Well, they did say career mode was 7 years.

Nate, as I said in the other thread, they cheesed it up with Silva in career mode (my 2nd title defense). I used my CAF and beat Anderson 9 out of 10 times on Advanced in exhibition. In career mode, I dominated probably 16 of 21 fights before getting flash KO'd or trapped in an inescapable muay thai clinch.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, they did say career mode was 7 years.

Nate, as I said in the other thread, they cheesed it up with Silva in career mode (my 2nd title defense). I used my CAF and beat Anderson 9 out of 10 times on Advanced in exhibition. In career mode, I dominated probably 16 of 21 fights before getting flash KO'd or trapped in an inescapable muay thai clinch.[/QUOTE]

Last night you were all like "I'm undefeated in Career and I'm on Beginner!" I then said "Well watch out for some of the higher ups, they will tear you apart.....even on Beginner." Now do you see? lol

Finally got this game, really having a good time so far.

Name: "The Doctor" Roy Jones Jr.
Height: 5-11
Weight: 205 (LH)
Fighting Styles: Boxing, Judo

Well Nate, I think I might be Champion once we start this league. I think I showed off my CAF Very well against a couple fighters today. :D

Name: Andrew "Quick Silver" Kennel
Height: 6'0"
Weight Division: Lightweight - 155lbs
Fighting Styles: Muay Thai/BJJ
Overall: 62 (can't remember for sure)

I was walking through the "fake" fighters on advanced only to get to Maynard and have him completely dominate me :(

bread's done
Back