CAGFC (UFC 2010 League) - 9/25/10 - CAGFC25: MELTDOWN (fights due by 9/30)

[quote name='moojuice']E. Honda | Gary Russell | KO | Some time in round 2 (lets call it 2:30?)

Was pretty much a dead even fight for the entire match. Honda managed to get a throw and landed in side control, which lead to mount and KO.[/QUOTE]

Stupid Ground and Pound. :p

Since it's only Alan and I, I for see a lot of fights.

I disagree about auto-block killing the ground game. What's killing it is people are afraid to even try to transition because reversals are too easy. But either way, neither of you are giving the game much of a chance. I guess I can understand wanting to get rid of it while it still has some value, but not even committing a month to the game seems foolish to me. It's not like they're ignoring the issues. A patch will probably be out by this time next week. I'm just saying, if you can't give a game 3 weeks to work out its problems, I hope you never pre-order another game again.

[quote name='Matt Young']I know you've explained to me that you get mad when you lose at games, but this is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The reason I got mad when we were playing the Halo Reach beta was because I was finishing as the top player on my team every game and everyone else was playing like shit. It doesn't bother me to lose at games every once in awhile, but when we kept losing every single game, I had to find new people to play with. That is why I got mad when I was playing with you and Jake.

One on one games are a totally different story.

Congratulations to E. Honda for winning what sounds like it was a highly contested match up with Gary Russell and capturing the Heavyweight title!

Really not sure what the future holds for this league since the game definitely has had its struggles. My hope is to stay afloat until the patch arrives (which should be next week), and then hopefully either new members will start joining, or we can allow people to have fighters in different weight classes. If by that time, there's only a few of us left, I won't blame anybody for doing what they need to do. But for anybody who has any interest at all in MMA, I would wait to see how the patch affects the game. In another week, this COULD be a much better game. At least give them a chance.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I disagree about auto-block killing the ground game. What's killing it is people are afraid to even try to transition because reversals are too easy. But either way, neither of you are giving the game much of a chance. I guess I can understand wanting to get rid of it while it still has some value, but not even committing a month to the game seems foolish to me. It's not like they're ignoring the issues. A patch will probably be out by this time next week. I'm just saying, if you can't give a game 3 weeks to work out its problems, I hope you never pre-order another game again.[/QUOTE]

Reversals are too easy because of auto-block. Instead of worrying about the need to grapple block the person can spam reversals without fear of the other person timing their reversal attempts and freeing themselves. Even if they're in the down position they can also still cause damage and cuts.

So yeah, auto-block kills the strategy of the ground game.

Have they announced a patch coming out in a week? Because last I'd heard Tank on the official forums went silent and the patch he posted about did not address reversal windows or auto-block. This is also a company that didn't address nearly any of the issues from 2009, hell a lot of the same issues are in 2010.

I can tell you I'm certainly not preordering a UFC game again as THQ can't netcode for shit.

Buying a new game for $60 and waiting a month for a month for it to work as advertised seems ridiculous to me

[quote name='whiptcracker']Reversals are too easy because of auto-block. Instead of worrying about the need to grapple block the person can spam reversals without fear of the other person timing their reversal attempts and freeing themselves. Even if they're in the down position they can also still cause damage and cuts.

So yeah, auto-block kills the strategy of the ground game.

Have they announced a patch coming out in a week? Because last I'd heard Tank on the official forums went silent and the patch he posted about did not address reversal windows or auto-block. This is also a company that didn't address nearly any of the issues from 2009, hell a lot of the same issues are in 2010.

I can tell you I'm certainly not preordering a UFC game again as THQ can't netcode for shit.[/QUOTE]

This was posted by Tank on 6/8 at 2:45 PM

Hey guys,

Have been collecting a bunch of Gamertags for those who have legitimiate DLC fighter issues. Did not forget you
smile.png
Working with dev and MSFT to see what the issue may be. Just wanted to inform.

Dev team is getting ready to submit the patch soon to QA, that is a good thing for sure. Best I can do for an update today. Not much, but it's something.

-Tank

What the patch does or does not contain is purely speculation at this point. Tank has mentioned some "big fixes", but has also mentioned other things they were working on as well. I just know I'm not going to be one of the idiots running around going "OMG! They're not fixing issue X because he didn't specifically mention is in his 200 character response!!!"

Now, who knows if he's buying time using statements like "is getting ready to", but based on previous estimates and every update he's given so far, I'm led to believe it will be out sometime next week. The game came out 5/25. Even if the patch comes out a week from tomorrow, that's 6/18...barely over 3 WEEKS since the game was released.

Anybody who thinks that's a shitty turnaround for a major patch, I invite you to go look up the histories of some of the other top sports game out there (The Show 10, NHL 10, NBA 2K10...I also know that MW2 has been a freaking mess, and I've heard that Red Dead Redemption had some problems as well, so let's add Infinity Ward and Rockstar to the "shitty developers" list). If the game sucks after that, then yeah, all bets are off, and THQ deserves every criticism they get. My main point is, they're no different from any other developer right now. They've all been pulling this shit lately.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Buying a new game for $60 and waiting a month for a month for it to work as advertised seems ridiculous to me[/QUOTE]

I agree. But show me a developer you can trust anymore. The only answer to me would be to stop buying new games.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I agree. But show me a developer you can trust anymore. The only answer to me would be to stop buying new games.[/QUOTE]

Haven't had this bad an online experience with any other developer, so pretty much anyone aside from THQ.

Now, who knows if he's buying time using statements like "is getting ready to", but based on previous estimates and every update he's given so far, I'm led to believe it will be out sometime next week. The game came out 5/25. Even if the patch comes out a week from tomorrow, that's 6/18...barely over 3 WEEKS since the game was released.

Except the patch also has to clear Microsoft's QA, so if it hasn't even been submitted yet it's going to be longer than a week. Especially because of E3 going on. Good luck with that.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Haven't had this bad an online experience with any other developer, so pretty much anyone aside from THQ.[/QUOTE]

THQ isn't the developer. Yuke's is the developer.

I haven't played UFC 2010 online yet, but 2009 and all the Smackdown games worked fine for me online... maybe a half second input delay on the Smackdown games, but no lag on last year's UFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whiptcracker']Haven't had this bad an online experience with any other developer, so pretty much anyone aside from THQ.[/QUOTE]

You need to play more games then. I just gave you a list of like 5 games released in the past 9 months that all have had extensive problems concerning online play. If you haven't run into it a lot then I guess good for you. You're probably at where I was 9 months ago, getting mad at one game for being "terrible". But the more it happens, you start to see the bigger picture. Developers as a whole have gotten extremely lazy. I'm not making this up. Like I said, I gave you multiple examples.

[quote name='Matt Young']THQ isn't the developer. Yuke's is the developer.

I haven't played UFC 2010 online yet, but 2009 and all the Smackdown games worked fine for me online... maybe a half second input delay on the Smackdown games, but no lag on last year's UFC.[/QUOTE]

Don't nitpick him, Matt. We're using the term "developer" as a general term for "who's responsible for a game". And I can't believe you haven't even tried this game online yet. I think I've played about 25 online ranked matches, and there's no question the game has problems. You'll get weird "game no longer available" messages or "game not found" for no apparent reason (when there are obviously people on to play). Usually I can get into a match by my 3rd or 4th try, but I guess not everyone has the patience for that (although it does make me think of NHL, where it also sometimes took 3 or 4 attempts to get a team to play you). I haven't experienced much lag though at all, and THQ has stated numerous times that the game runs peer to peer, so lag is more than likely the host's fault. There's even a setting to search only good connections, so this really should be a non issue.

There most DEFINITELY is an "online strategy" though because of the exploits that currently run rampant. The Machida takedown (which several fighters have) is unstoppable. To counter it, people exploit the omoplata submission from the bottom, which automatically allows you to get back to your feet. If you can get a match with two fighters who don't have either of those exploits, people still abuse takedowns because for the most part, they're too easy. Then, they just lay on you waiting for you to transition escape, at which point, they use a reversal to get to a better position. They do this until they have you mounted. I don't know how much of this the patch can fix, but I'm at least willing to give it a chance. If they fuck it up, well, cross another game off my list for next year.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I agree. But show me a developer you can trust anymore. The only answer to me would be to stop buying new games.[/QUOTE]

I trust the companies that made 3D dot Game Heroes and Little Big Planet. :D

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I trust the companies that made 3D dot Game Heroes and Little Big Planet. :D[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, listen to the Sony fan boy all of a sudden, lol.

Those games both kick ass. Get ModNation Racers! The creation options are much, much better, plus it's an awesome Mario Kart style game. And does this mean you got a new PS3?

Nate, I have played online, against Devin. I forgot about that somehow. But that's it. Nobody else has been willing to play me in player matches, and I haven't done any ranked matches due to lack of practice. I've barely gotten to play the game in 2 weeks.

At least this game isn't like ModNation Racers. That game is ridiculously fun, but it literally takes 3 minutes to load up after pressing start (following a minute and a half of unskippable screens before that) and then, 75% of the time, it doesn't automatically connect to the online portion like it should. Once it does connect, it's likely to disconnect you after a race. It's weird... It says you're not connected, but you can download and upload stuff; just can't play online races.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Uh oh, listen to the Sony fan boy all of a sudden, lol.[/QUOTE]
Oh hush up Mr. Afrika!! Lol I do trust who ever makes TDU since I have my pre order paid off

[quote name='Matt Young']Those games both kick ass. Get ModNation Racers! The creation options are much, much better, plus it's an awesome Mario Kart style game. And does this mean you got a new PS3?

Nate, I have played online, against Devin. I forgot about that somehow. But that's it. Nobody else has been willing to play me in player matches, and I haven't done any ranked matches due to lack of practice. I've barely gotten to play the game in 2 weeks.

At least this game isn't like ModNation Racers. That game is ridiculously fun, but it literally takes 3 minutes to load up after pressing startfollowing a minute and a half of unskippable screens before that) and then, 75% of the time, it doesn't automatically connect to the online portion like it should. Once it does connect, it's likely to disconnect you after a race. It's weird... It says you're not connected, but you can download and upload stuff; just can't play online races.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Got it last week. Modnation racers is awesome. Probalbly buy when it hits 30

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You need to play more games then. I just gave you a list of like 5 games released in the past 9 months that all have had extensive problems concerning online play. If you haven't run into it a lot then I guess good for you. You're probably at where I was 9 months ago, getting mad at one game for being "terrible". But the more it happens, you start to see the bigger picture. Developers as a whole have gotten extremely lazy. I'm not making this up. Like I said, I gave you multiple examples.
[/QUOTE]

If there's one thing I don't need to do is play more games unless I want to get divorced. (I also appear to have played 82 more games than you according to Xbox.com). I've had issues with multiple games in the past, like Battlefield Bad Company 2, but nothing on this level. Hell my game locked up during single player career when during a post fight interview when I let it go to decision to get the cessassion sensation achievement. Red Dead Redemption has some minor issues and MW2 had exploits but at least you could connect most of the time and use the DLC content with the game.

We're talking glitches achievements, connection issues, game breaking reversal window problems, pre-order DLC not working, easy to identify exploits, super CAFs, not being able to view CAF stats, and so on. This game is more of a mess than the last one.

You like the POS online for this game and are willing to wait however long it takes for the developers to pull their heads out of their asses? Good for you. But there's no need to insult folks who aren't by saying they have the patience of a 5 year old because the $60 game doesn't work as advertised, especially when they're selling access to the mode separately for people who buy it used. Just because it's becoming a trend doesn't mean everyone needs to stick their ass in the air and just take it. I don't play as many sports games and if this is the type of shit you're used to dealing with as such, then I'm glad I don't.

[quote name='Matt Young']At least this game isn't like ModNation Racers. That game is ridiculously fun, but it literally takes 3 minutes to load up after pressing start (following a minute and a half of unskippable screens before that) and then, 75% of the time, it doesn't automatically connect to the online portion like it should. Once it does connect, it's likely to disconnect you after a race. It's weird... It says you're not connected, but you can download and upload stuff; just can't play online races.[/QUOTE]

Ha, thanks for reminding me, Matt. I had read some stuff about that. There's another great example of an online heavy game that's going to need a patch. Like it or not, that just seems to be the way things work this generation. The more online options games have, the more chances they have to be screwed up. I really want to pick up Mod Nation Racers too, but I'm hoping there will be some kind of sale and/or promotion betweeen Gamestop or Amazon...especially by the time a patch is released. I've got $40 in Amazon credit from SMG2 and Green Day: RB, but I'd rather not burn it up on one game with no kick back. And then I've got like 3 of those practically worthless $10 off codes at Gamestop.

Also, I've been reading a lot of previews for all the new online features NCAA Football 11 is going to have, and I can almost PROMISE you some portion of that will be fucked up and will need fixing. They're talking about being able to recruit players, manage your team, and schedule games via the website. Plus there's supposed to be email updates when things happen in your online dynasty. If EA pulls that off without any flaws out of the gate, I'll tip my hat to them. But I'd say there are fair chances something will not work right and will need a few weeks to be fixed.

As for fight deadlines...I'm not really sure with everything being so unstable right now. I'd encourage people to try to get their fights done, but I understand if there are problems. Reading the Undisputed forums, the servers were completely down for a good portion of the day today. It was pretty funny though because one minute, people were bitching that nothing was being done and that the developers didn't care, blah blah. Then, the next minute, people were bitching that the servers were down. It's like they seriously couldn't put two and two together. It's probably pretty hard to fix the servers without taking them down. Derrrrrr :dunce: I just hope that's what they were actually doing.

Oh, and Gary...what other game lets you take pictures of giraffes? fucking giraffes, man!!!

[quote name='whiptcracker']You like the POS online for this game and are willing to wait however long it takes for the developers to pull their heads out of their asses? Good for you. But there's no need to insult folks who aren't by saying they have the patience of a 5 year old because the $60 game doesn't work as advertised, especially when they're selling access to the mode separately for people who buy it used. Just because it's becoming a trend doesn't mean everyone needs to stick their ass in the air and just take it. I don't play as many sports games and if this is the type of shit you're used to dealing with as such, then I'm glad I don't.[/QUOTE]

So, stop talking about it and go sell the game. Why are you still here? :)

Giraffes have long necks so they can suck their own dicks, right?

Actually, that sounds like one of the random lines Perry Saturn would spout off during his days with the "Moppy" gimmick:

"Giraffes have long necks so they can suck their own dicks. You're welcome."

Devin will probably be the only one to get that reference.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So, stop talking about it and go sell the game. Why are you still here? :)[/QUOTE]

Because a couple pages back all I did was mention that I was dissatisfied with the game and was planning on selling it and the guy who runs this league decided to make childish insults about people who chose to do so as well as try to make it a pissing contest about understanding how game developers do things nowdays.

But I'm done. 50% extra trade in and trade 3 get another $10 in credit from Gamestop folks! Flip this turd while the flipping is good or cross your fingers and see if Yukes can fix the problems faster than BP can fix an oil spill.

lol yeah seriously, this online forum has better fights than UFC 2010 online right now. with bonus and edge you'll pull about $35.20 in credit for this at GS right now.. average selling price on last 100 eBay sales is $38.16.. after selling fees, paypal fees, and final values fees and shipping if at cost... you'll make more in second hand flipping it now. you wait til after the 15th or the latest the 27th, its gonna drop to nothing.

Red Dead played perfect for me through completion, and online i had one bad connection and about 6 or so drops. MW2 had all the normal glitches but i wouldnt run into them maybe 5% of the games i was in, this game has game breaking bugs and issues 100% of the time in MP, either purposed glitches/exploits, network issues, or bad code. The only game in teh last year i can say had worse online was Army of Two: 40th Day... now THATS a MP fuck UP.

right now, all thats been announced for repair is unbreakable takedowns and network issues along with a few minor fixes to make it more playable. the time, cost, and approval time for a patch to repair the major issues that do not prevent actual " fair " gameplay ALWAYS take way longer if ever to be implemented. and yes there are still 2009 glitches that work in 2010. so it was fun revisiting it and i feel i got my $25 out of it, so away it goes to something more playable and entertaining.

besides a Madden from time to time i dont play sports games so i guess i never deal with the repeated year after year cut and paste with a few new features waste of money cycle, but if glitch ridden shit you have to sit on for months to work right is the norm, maybe its not us that should not be preordering games...

but i digress, to each their own, i hope it becomes the king of all fighting games and there are still people left that want to participate in the league and with the emotionally opinionated staffers

[quote name='whiptcracker']Because a couple pages back all I did was mention that I was dissatisfied with the game and was planning on selling it and the guy who runs this league decided to make childish insults about people who chose to do so as well as try to make it a pissing contest about understanding how game developers do things nowdays.

But I'm done. 50% extra trade in and trade 3 get another $10 in credit from Gamestop folks! Flip this turd while the flipping is good or cross your fingers and see if Yukes can fix the problems faster than BP can fix an oil spill.[/QUOTE]

FYI it's YMMV for the combined deal. Most gamestops will let you pick one or the other. Not combine them. But as usual, see ya later. Have fun with the next game you get and hate the online. The whole divorce was stupid also. I play a hell of a lot more games and the wife doesn't mind one bit. Hell, we play some games together. Maybe you just need to play some games with your wife or something.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']FYI it's YMMV for the combined deal. Most gamestops will let you pick one or the other. Not combine them. But as usual, see ya later. Have fun with the next game you get and hate the online. The whole divorce was stupid also. I play a hell of a lot more games and the wife doesn't mind one bit. Hell, we play some games together. Maybe you just need to play some games with your wife or something.[/QUOTE]

Meant it as more of a joke than anything against his assumption that if I don't like shitty online I must not just play enough video games. I play plenty, though my wife mostly plays the Wii. There's so much stuff to do I have no idea how you manage to play games so much, but whatever works. Thanks for the advice though uneeded.

Since this is the only game I've had so many issues with online, I'm not too worried about the next game I buy. Not sure why you'd believe because the online is so screwed up in this game that I'd hate the next online game I buy but whatever helps you sleep at night.

I dont sleep so thats how I get my gaming done really. So no, it won't help me sleep better at night knowing the next game you get you'll like the online. Just curious as to what your getting next as well.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']serious?[/QUOTE]

Yeah... why?

Anyway, I made my purple and pink clad warrior.

Matt "The Hitman" Young
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Fighting out of: Temecula, CA

Not that anybody cares, but I just got into a ranked match on my first try and had no lag at all the entire match. Maybe the server work they did earlier actually made a difference, but let's not go all crazy and give THQ credit for anything, lol. I also really enjoyed the fight against some dude with a 45-20 record. We fought MW. Of course he picked Anderson, so I picked Marquardt. Right from the opening bell, he runs at me and goes for a MT clinch. I'm thinking "great, one of these guys". So, I work to underhooks and slam his ass.

Immediately, he starts spamming submissions. "Awesome!" So, I just lay on him, throw some punches here and there, and block his transitions (I wasn't really going for reversals, but I did get a couple). Eventually, he's able to kick me off and get back up. He throws a few strikes, then goes right back for the clinch again. This time, I shoot under and take him down. He stays on his back the rest of the round.

2nd round, more of the same. He's being super aggressive on his feet, so I'm ducking under punches and taking him down (which to me is at least honorable since he wouldn't have a chance of stopping it anyway). He kept trying to time my strikes off his back to catch me in an arm bar, but I kept mixing it up and did some pretty good head damage. Round ends, and we go to the 3rd. Since I knew I was up 2-0, I just stayed away from him and taunted. He came running at me, throwing kicks and spinning back fists like an idiot. Eventually, I timed one of his kicks, countered with a right hook, and knocked him the fuck out.

He then messages me saying "biggest takedown bitch". I told him "says the guy spamming the MT clinch and submissions, hahaha. You fight like a retard, I'll beat you like a retard. Get smarter." Man, those are the kind of fights I love. Takedowns shouldn't be stupidly easy, but if all a guy wants to do is bang, I shouldn't feel guilty for making him play my game. And then when everything was said and done, he lost from a standing strike anyway. This is where the game shines. They've just gotta balance it out a bit. It's got some problems, but it really isn't half as bad as cracker makes it out to be.

EDIT - My next two fights took about 3 tries each before I found somebody, so it doesn't look like the system is completely smoothed out. It wasn't really agonizing though...and not bad for 3 in the morning.

yeah my personal favorites are those that MT clinch, 3 knees drop them to orange stamina, knee strike their body, transition or break then submit them with max stamina. i get a message 9 out of 10 times calling me something or a disconnect because THEY cannot watch their stamina bar.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I dont sleep so thats how I get my gaming done really. So no, it won't help me sleep better at night knowing the next game you get you'll like the online. Just curious as to what your getting next as well.[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising 2, which I'm hoping rocks enough that I'll be losing sleep over it as well.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']serious?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not having as much fun with this game as last years game. I can get $35 for it on Amazon which is only a $10 loss for me on it and I figured I might as well trade it in now before the price drops on it.

I haven't traded it in yet and I should be able to finish the tournament out.

I have to bow out of the League cause my copy is now Fuxored. My wife decided to turn my 360 on it's side while I was playing UFC while she was cleaning. She forgot that your not suppose to do that and apparently I was paying more attention to the game then her cleaning and now I have a bad copy of UFC 2010. Sucks ass really.

Is this league dead already?

Anyways a crazy thing happened when I was playing last night. I caught the computer with a counter punch and the picture went black and white. I think there is something wrong with my game.

[quote name='FrankySox']Is this league dead already?

Anyways a crazy thing happened when I was playing last night. I caught the computer with a counter punch and the picture went black and white. I think there is something wrong with my game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've had that happen a few times too and the sound also messes up on me.

[quote name='FrankySox']Is this league dead already?

Anyways a crazy thing happened when I was playing last night. I caught the computer with a counter punch and the picture went black and white. I think there is something wrong with my game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wow. I guess it is. Pretty much every fucking person has now dropped out. Thanks for your time guys...I'll see you whenever.

[quote name='FrankySox']Wait, so no chance of resuming after the patch? I was really expecting this to be a pretty popular league.[/QUOTE]

So was I. I'm definitely open to continuing after the patch is released, but that all depends on the people. I mean, look, Gary's wife broke his fucking game, and Devin just randomly decides to trade his in. I can't force people to want to play this. Trust me, nobody is more disappointed than I am. Like I said, after this, I'm done with CAG leagues. This place is turning into GameFAQs.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So was I. I'm definitely open to continuing after the patch is released, but that all depends on the people. I mean, look, Gary's wife broke his fucking game, and Devin just randomly decides to trade his in. I can't force people to want to play this. Trust me, nobody is more disappointed than I am. Like I said, after this, I'm done with CAG leagues. This place is turning into GameFAQs.[/QUOTE]

Ok, well I'm in if we do a restart. Even if I do suck

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So was I. I'm definitely open to continuing after the patch is released, but that all depends on the people. I mean, look, Gary's wife broke his fucking game, and Devin just randomly decides to trade his in. I can't force people to want to play this. Trust me, nobody is more disappointed than I am. Like I said, after this, I'm done with CAG leagues. This place is turning into GameFAQs.[/QUOTE]

Other than the reason I gave in my other post, it just seemed like the matches were getting dragged out. It takes like 10 minutes, at most, to do one match. You had initially set the deadline for last night and only one match had been played in our division.

My main reason for picking this game up was for the fight league and it just seemed like it was already dying to me due to the lack of initiative for people to play their matches. If someone is going to sign up for a league they need to get their matches played instead of just dragging it out for everyone.

So I just figured the best thing for me to do would be to trade in the game for something else. I'll probably just put the money towards NHL 11 since that's probably the only thing I should be able to play with people online and not have to worry about drop outs or people not playing.

I thought you were doing a great job running the league Nate, but like you said, you can't force people to play this.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Other than the reason I gave in my other post, it just seemed like the matches were getting dragged out. It takes like 10 minutes, at most, to do one match. You had initially set the deadline for last night and only one match had been played in our division.

My main reason for picking this game up was for the fight league and it just seemed like it was already dying to me due to the lack of initiative for people to play their matches. If someone is going to sign up for a league they need to get their matches played instead of just dragging it out for everyone.

So I just figured the best thing for me to do would be to trade in the game for something else. I'll probably just put the money towards NHL 11 since that's probably the only thing I should be able to play with people online and not have to worry about drop outs or people not playing.

I thought you were doing a great job running the league Nate, but like you said, you can't force people to play this.[/QUOTE]

I get that. But the main reason I haven't been pressing people to get their fights done and setting a deadline was because of the server problems the game has had. My basic idea was just to try to tread water until the patch is released. I also think that has a lot to do with why people haven't been as motivated to play the game, because at times, just getting a match set up can be very taxing (I think both Seen and BoSoxFan had issues connecting).

The problem is, some people have no interest in even waiting for the patch. And while I don't blame them at all for being soured on the game because of how the first few weeks have gone, I wish that they would have the awareness that there aren't many online intensive games that don't have similar problems. Honestly, it's even a little amusing hearing you talking about putting the credit from this into NHL 11 considering the past few days people have read things that make NHL 11 sound very questionable. There's really no guarantee that that game won't suck either.

But anyway, right now the patch isn't out, and I feel like it's going to be tough to motivate people while the game is still so unstable and ripe for exploiting. I haven't even thought about the possibility of telling people in this league "No one can use the omoplata" or "No Machida takedowns allowed". I was honestly hoping THQ can at least lessen the impact of those exploits so rules forbidding certain moves wouldn't be necessary.

As it stands now, who's left? Me, Franky, Matt, moojuice, BoSoxFan and Seen (maybe?). If any of you guys want to kind of huddle into one division and have some matches, I'd be fine with that. I can tell you, I'm not getting rid of the game. Even with all its problems, I still see potential in it.

So my Gt is Bubba Thrust ,not mr meaty28 now.

Also I will have my guy ready in a gif just tell me when you two fight.

dont tell me we died already........

It is her fault, but sometimes you forget that the 360 is a delicate little object when games are running. It's a part of life Nate. Can't really blame her (even though you can) for forgetting about that little tid bit. I guess it's my fault cause I wasn't paying attention. Just chill. You know I still talk to you on Live anyways. You make it seem like our friendship is over cause the game is all fucked up.

To be fair, I completely understand why people are so angry over the problems with the game. If you are going to make it where you either have to buy the game new or pay $5 to play it online, you need to have things worked out before the game launches. The lag has been bad, and the matchmaking has been even worse. Half the time, it literally takes longer to get into an online game than it does to play it. I'm not trading the game in, though, and I'd still like to have a league here once the patch goes live.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It is her fault, but sometimes you forget that the 360 is a delicate little object when games are running. It's a part of life Nate. Can't really blame her (even though you can) for forgetting about that little tid bit. I guess it's my fault cause I wasn't paying attention. Just chill. You know I still talk to you on Live anyways. You make it seem like our friendship is over cause the game is all fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Even so, still pretty stupid. You should have slammed her down and put her in a knee bar.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']To be fair, I completely understand why people are so angry over the problems with the game. If you are going to make it where you either have to buy the game new or pay $5 to play it online, you need to have things worked out before the game launches. The lag has been bad, and the matchmaking has been even worse. Half the time, it literally takes longer to get into an online game than it does to play it. I'm not trading the game in, though, and I'd still like to have a league here once the patch goes live.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I basically agree. I've mentioned before that I don't even think people would be as upset if THQ hadn't drawn attention to the online mode by requiring a code to unlock it. I can only hope they see what a tremendously stupid decision that was. Yeah, EA is doing the Gamepass thing, but if there are any problems with it, people are going to raise hell. It's really arrogant of any company to think they're not going to have server problems in the first month. I really can't think of an online game that hasn't had such problems...maybe not this extensive. But they're all nuts if they think online is some kind of "premium game mode". Half the time, we're lucky if it works at all.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Yeah, I basically agree. I've mentioned before that I don't even think people would be as upset if THQ hadn't drawn attention to the online mode by requiring a code to unlock it. I can only hope they see what a tremendously stupid decision that was. Yeah, EA is doing the Gamepass thing, but if there are any problems with it, people are going to raise hell. It's really arrogant of any company to think they're not going to have server problems in the first month. I really can't think of an online game that hasn't had such problems...maybe not this extensive. But they're all nuts if they think online is some kind of "premium game mode". Half the time, we're lucky if it works at all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree. Obviously, the online portion of a game is going to have some problems. Other things in the game are less excusable, though, like the "Machida takedown." That is just bullshit. There's no way something like that isn't going to be exploited over and over and over again online.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Yeah, I agree. Obviously, the online portion of a game is going to have some problems. Other things in the game are less excusable, though, like the "Machida takedown." That is just bullshit. There's no way something like that isn't going to be exploited over and over and over again online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for that, I just think they have the wrong people testing the game. But I do think that's a problem that spans many genres. Whether it's a shooter, a racing game, etc. For whatever reason, testing doesn't seem to go beyond playing the AI. If they would consider playing against a human opponent and ask the simple question "What would people try to exploit?", much of this could be avoided. As it is now, it makes developers look naive thinking that people won't try to abuse something if they can...when that's probably what 90% of online/multiplayer gaming is, lol.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']She paid for our honeymoon for the weekend. I'll give her a kimura if you want....a very sexy kimura![/QUOTE]

Only if it's like a Filthy Sanche...I mean a Diego Sanchez.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Only if it's like a Filthy Sanche...I mean a Diego Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry I won't Tito Ortiz her during our trip.

add rimshot here

bread's done
Back