CAGFC (UFC 2010 League) - 9/25/10 - CAGFC25: MELTDOWN (fights due by 9/30)

All right, guys! Tournament is up! I used a random number generator to set up the matches (where necessary). Basically, the order the fighters are listed in the OP was their "assigned number", and the generator matched the numbers up. Then, I just filled out the brackets top to bottom. This had the biggest impact on the WW division since that's the only one with an odd number of fighters. I'd like to get the entire tournament process done by next Thursday 6/10 at 11:59 PM EST if possible. Fights don't take long. So get to it!

CAGFC16logo.jpg

CAGFC16HW.jpg

Winner | Loser | Decision | Time/Round

CAGFC16LH.jpg

CAGFC16WW.jpg

The tournament will be single elimination and the results of each fight should be posted in this thread by both the winner and the loser (to maintain accuracy) in the following format:

Winner | Loser| Decision (ie. KO, TKO, submission, unanimous decision, split decision) | Time/Round

Hmm...something is weird with my firefox, I can't see the logo's or brackets but when I view page source it is there(I've also tried firefox in safemode, no luck). I am able to see everything in IE; anyone with any ideas?

Alright I'm going to give FrankySox a day or two to get used to the game before I fight him. He just got the game last night and is still trying to learn it.

My firefox is showing everything fine seen.

[quote name='seen']Hmm...something is weird with my firefox, I can't see the logo's or brackets but when I view page source it is there(I've also tried firefox in safemode, no luck). I am able to see everything in IE; anyone with any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's weird. They're just jpegs from Photobucket. Nothing fancy, haha. I can tell you, you fight Murphy McManus (Freemason) though.

man, the epic Matt Young vs. Nate Lisa rivalry continues. Why must I always be in the toughest divisions?

I got my UFC summer catalog today with the poster. They have a 2GB flash drive shaped like an Octagon. I love it.

And shepards we shall be, for thee my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

En Nomini Patri et Fili, Spiritus Sancti

sorry had to do it :)

[quote name='Matt Young']man, the epic Matt Young vs. Nate Lisa rivalry continues. Why must I always be in the toughest divisions?

I got my UFC summer catalog today with the poster. They have a 2GB flash drive shaped like an Octagon. I love it.[/QUOTE]

I got mine...yesterday. OHHHHHH! And may I remind you, you chose to be in my division, haha. But yeah, glad to see we've got a decent amount of guys. Actually, there's still several unaccounted for. Darktower, KaneRobot (who said he'd be joining once he got more familiar with the game), MagicKing (who removed himself from the CAG Camp..lol), AK85, pitfallharry219, guyver2077, and a couple others I'm just not thinking of. I don't know if any of those guys have an interest in doing CAGFC, but that's a good amount that could potentially be added. I'd love to see them in here.

[quote name='Matt Young']I still haven't gotten to play the game since 5/28 except for getting the Topps cards. Hopefully, I can tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, let me know when you want to fight, Matt. I was going to give you a couple days to get used to the Non-Career CAFs, but I guess that didn't matter, haha. Since our division has the most fighters, it would be good to at least get past the first round soon.

we are working on getting our fight going, seems NAT settings and network issues are preventing us from connecting to game or party... to be continued

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, I can't use my DLC fighters. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, something glitched and they're screwed up now. THQ is said to be working on it though. I think I'm just done buying games new (at least sports games anyway). Developers rely WAY too much on patches this generation. Seriously, every freaking game now, the first month is nothing more than beta testing....except we're paying $60 to do it. I like this game a lot, but obviously there are several things that need to be tweaked. It just seems like that's status quo for games these days.

Man, that sucks. Oh well. I need to go make my fighter, anyway.

I did get in *some* practice with Devin. I was beating him in our 1st and 3rd fights going into the 3rd round, when we mysteriously "lost connection". Then our second fight was pretty epic as well, ending in a 28-all unanimous draw. All fighters were me as Bisping vs. Devin as Jon Jones. then he told me to host a fight, and he never accepted.

I was hoping to practice tonight and tomorrow, then play you on Wednesday and Devin afterward if I win.

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, that sucks. Oh well. I need to go make my fighter, anyway.

I did get in *some* practice with Devin. I was beating him in our 1st and 3rd fights going into the 3rd round, when we mysteriously "lost connection". Then our second fight was pretty epic as well, ending in a 28-all unanimous draw. All fighters were me as Bisping vs. Devin as Jon Jones. then he told me to host a fight, and he never accepted.

I was hoping to practice tonight and tomorrow, then play you on Wednesday and Devin afterward if I win.[/QUOTE]

I never accepted because I was tired and backed out to the dashboard after 10 minutes of waiting on you to finish a fight.

Wow, Sorry about that Alan. I have bee browsing the PS3 forums a lot now ever since getting my PS3 back. I might be on tonight. If I am just send me a message.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I never accepted because I was tired and backed out to the dashboard after 10 minutes of waiting on you to finish a fight.[/QUOTE]

I told you I could play after that fight, and you were still on for 2 hours!

[quote name='Matt Young']I told you I could play after that fight, and you were still on for 2 hours![/QUOTE]

God damn it you called my bluff. I admit I disconnected in those in those two matches because I thought you were going to beat me and I had to do something about it.

Then I had to back down and pretend I was tired when you challenged me again. I just knew I had no chance of beating you and would have had to disconnect a third time.

LOL, you told me to challenge you and agreed to let me finish that fight! No need to get all cantankerous about it. But I did clearly have you beaten in the 2 disconnects.

I just hope there are no mysterious disconnects in the CAGFC. I am not going to go into the last few minutes winning a fight that counts and then be forced to do it all over again and end up losing because of that.

[quote name='Matt Young']
I just hope there are no mysterious disconnects in the CAGFC. I am not going to go into the last few minutes winning a fight that counts and then be forced to do it all over again and end up losing because of that.[/QUOTE]

Mysterious? I've played several matches online and many against Apathy and haven't had any disconnect issues. I know in the past I've had problems keeping a connection with you, but it's been some time. Why would anyone quit out of an exhibition match? I've played with pretty much everyone in here and they all have shown me sportsmanship (besides Seen) so we should have a a pretty solid league here.

Yeah, I need to try playing other people. I never had connection issues in the CAGFC before, but these both happened a minute or two into the third round. I was commenting more on Devin's unnecessarily angry response.

I haven't gotten nearly as into this years game as I thought I would. The few times I played online were lagfests and I haven't played career mode much either. I still plan on joining but it may take a little while. I want to wait until my work schedule settles down a little bit to make it easier to schedule fights.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, I need to try playing other people. I never had connection issues in the CAGFC before, but these both happened a minute or two into the third round. I was commenting more on Devin's unnecessarily angry response.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm willing to give it a try even though I completely blow right now. If you see me on shoot me a message.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, I need to try playing other people. I never had connection issues in the CAGFC before, but these both happened a minute or two into the third round. I was commenting more on Devin's unnecessarily angry response.[/QUOTE]

I have hard a hard time connecting with matches at all (Fight no longer available, room full, etc) and it's the only game I have that problem with. I'd be happy to just get two rounds in. I'm going through career and trading this pos in. I hope to at least get my match in with BoSox prior.

Yeah, I would strongly advise everybody to at least wait until they release the patch to be drawing any final conclusions on this game. The ETA on it was about a week or so (give or take a few days for Microsoft's approval process). I'm not any happier about this game needing a patch than I was with any other game, but that just seems to be the standard for sports games now.

It's insane how oblivious people are to it though. I actually saw somebody on the Undisputed forums say "big developers like EA or 2K don't make these kinds of mistakes and would never need a patch like this!" I asked him if he had ever played NHL 09 or NHL 10, or NBA 2K10. All those games needed patches, and some of the problems never got fixed. The problem isn't THQ. The problem is the industry. My opinion is that sports games with online play need beta testing just as bad as FPS's do.

Otherwise, there's no reason to buy these games new anymore. It makes so much more sense to just wait a month or however long it takes them to get the game functioning properly...and then buy it used for half the cost. Developers might hate the used game market, but they have to see that they're doing it to themselves.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I have hard a hard time connecting with matches at all (Fight no longer available, room full, etc) and it's the only game I have that problem with. I'd be happy to just get two rounds in. I'm going through career and trading this pos in. I hope to at least get my match in with BoSox prior.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I wasn't online any today, I worked the runoff election in my state. I should be on quite a bit tomorrow if you want to give it another go.

Just don't refer to our disconnects as being "mysterious" and making it out like I was quitting out of the game and I wouldn't be angry. I seriously think you have some sort of problem with your connection especially since you couldn't play with certain people in Street Fighter. I remember you used to have problems with your connection with CoD too.

Missed Gary by about 3 hours tonight lol. Anyways, like I said on XBL, till Friday, i'll be available before 4:30pm EST and after 2:30-ish am EST. I believe I'll be working at 3:30 EST till 12:30 EST on Saturday. Any chance we can get a game into your schedule?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Just don't refer to our disconnects as being "mysterious" and making it out like I was quitting out of the game and I wouldn't be angry. I seriously think you have some sort of problem with your connection especially since you couldn't play with certain people in Street Fighter. I remember you used to have problems with your connection with CoD too.[/QUOTE]

Well, it was just strange that both times were under almost the exact same circumstances, and you kept talking about how you were going to beat me and then it disconnected when I gained the advantage going into the end. I probably wouldn't have thought that if you hadn't said those things.

The only person I couldn't play with was Mr. Sokoudjou. When he was in the room, I couldn't join. When I was in the room, he couldn't join. That doesn't mean there's a problem with my connection. And I barely had any problems in Call of Duty. Franky got dropped more than I did, and he said he can play UFC just fine. It seems to be different for every game.

99.9% of the time, I can connect to everyone just fine. I've had maybe 2-3 dropped games of NHL in 2 years and none in any other game besides when the host disconnects and everyone drops. Never had one disconnect in UFC 2009. The only game I had problems with was Madden, and that was the game crashing, not the connection. It happened in single player, too.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Sorry I wasn't online any today, I worked the runoff election in my state. I should be on quite a bit tomorrow if you want to give it another go.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I wasn't on Live at all yesterday either. I've had a bunch of connection problems and lag (with only this game) but I'm hoping it'll work out. I should be on after 6:30 central time.

[quote name='moojuice']Missed Gary by about 3 hours tonight lol. Anyways, like I said on XBL, till Friday, i'll be available before 4:30pm EST and after 2:30-ish am EST. I believe I'll be working at 3:30 EST till 12:30 EST on Saturday. Any chance we can get a game into your schedule?[/QUOTE]

How about 3 AM EST? How's that? Good for you?

[quote name='Matt Young']Can any of you guys practice with me today? I've still only gotten to play those matches with Pure Apathy.[/QUOTE]

Matt, why don't you just try playing against randoms? I know it's not quite the same as using a Non-Career CAF, but proportionally, it should be pretty similar. It will still give you practice at stuffing takedowns and working transitions. I've been out all day, but it's not like there'd be a whole lot of sense practicing against me anyway since I'm your first fight.

I guess I'll do that if no one from the CAGFC wants to play. I just went for 10 days not really getting to play much at all, then when I got time to play, I did the ODST campaign with other CAGs as scheduled and I was distracted by Green Day: Rock Band last night. If anyone gets on, though, and wants to play UFC, let me know.

[quote name='Matt Young']I guess I'll do that if no one from the CAGFC wants to play. I just went for 10 days not really getting to play much at all, then when I got time to play, I did the ODST campaign with other CAGs as scheduled and I was distracted by Green Day: Rock Band last night. If anyone gets on, though, and wants to play UFC, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I would play with you but I'm afraid there might be some more "mysterious" disconnects.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Sorry I wasn't online any today, I worked the runoff election in my state. I should be on quite a bit tomorrow if you want to give it another go.[/QUOTE]

Missed you again. Sorry, I was on most of the night but I went away for a bit to do something my wife asked me to do and sure enough I got your message after I returned. I'll be on again tomorrow night, but otherwise I've got to go to the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin and will not be able to compete.

I plan on trading the game soon so if it doesn't happen I'm fine with taking a forfeit. I should be on tomorrow night though if you have time.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I would play with you but I'm afraid there might be some more "mysterious" disconnects.[/QUOTE]

I would hope not. And like I said, I would not want to redo a CAGFC fight. So what are you going to do when we face each other? Still hold a grudge? I know you've explained to me that you get mad when you lose at games, but this is ridiculous.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I would play with you but I'm afraid there might be some more "mysterious" disconnects.[/QUOTE]

Let it go, brother. Misunderstanding between you two.

You know, whenever I play this game against my friend (He has it, I don't), as long as it's a punching/kicking match I can hold my own, but as soon as I get grappled, and even worse thrown to the ground, I have NO idea what I'm doing. I usually can only get up if he lets me. I just twirl the right thumbstick like a retarded fairy and hope for the best.

E. Honda | Gary Russell | KO | Some time in round 2 (lets call it 2:30?)

Was pretty much a dead even fight for the entire match. Honda managed to get a throw and landed in side control, which lead to mount and KO.

i havent been able to connect with Seen over the past few nights, the one night we had neither one could connect to the other party or game. he had stated his NAT settings were not set to open, but thats the last ive seen. ive tried playing several matches online but i think its worthless. either quitters, random superCAF's, lagfests, or drops in under 1 minute... pathetic

im gonna pull myself from the league, finish my career for teh achievement, and sell it off while its still worth something i'm afraid so slap a forfeit down for me and maybe ill try another game without pure multiplayer suckitude

Awesome that people have the patience of a 5 year old and can't wait 3 weeks for a patch. Again, I'm not defending this game's need for a patch, but show me a sports game that doesn't need one these days.

I appreciate those who have gotten their matches done, but who knows what the general interest in the league will be going forward. If this doesn't work out, I can say I'll be done with CAG leagues for the forseeable future. It's really not worth the effort.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Awesome that people have the patience of a 5 year old and can't wait 3 weeks for a patch. Again, I'm not defending this game's need for a patch, but show me a sports game that doesn't need one these days.

I appreciate those who have gotten their matches done, but who knows what the general interest in the league will be going forward. If this doesn't work out, I can say I'll be done with CAG leagues for the forseeable future. It's really not worth the effort.[/QUOTE]

Patch ain't removing auto-block, and I feel that's pretty much killed the strategy of the ground game online. Not so much the patience of a 5 year old as it is being an adult who has better things to do than wait for them to patch this crap while the value of the game plummets. There are better games to waste my time on.

yeah there is nothing wrong with my patience level, but all childish insults aside, the quality level of the online and some mechanics are a big fail. none of my personal friends from 2009 picked this up, so ive only kept it this long to try to play with some CAG's, and do the league, when 3 days worth of attempts just to connect to a solid game fail, i have better things to do and other games to play with teh small time i have during the week, sorry if you do not understand but it is what it is.

bread's done
Back