CAGFC (UFC 2010 League) - 9/25/10 - CAGFC25: MELTDOWN (fights due by 9/30)

[quote name='Matt Young']The suggestion is that we could make our fighters more powerful than the real fighters in the game, but we'd have guidelines and limits still. That way, we could create fighters for the CAGFC who would still be able to complete with legit CAFs in ranked matches, albeit not the overly juiced 115 rated ones, and everyone in here would be on the same level.[/QUOTE]

Ah, see, now that makes more sense. Sorry for not inferring that from your last post. It just didn't seem very constructive. You basically just think the caps are too low since randoms online will be juicing. That's a valid concern, and definitely something to consider.

[quote name='moojuice']Though I suggested the NCCAF's, either way would be fine to me. I actually would prefer actual career CAFs for the special moves/ more personalized fighters, but when taking into the consideration of the accessibility/longevity of the league, nccafs would seem to be a better choice.

I know for myself personally, I don't really have time to sink into a career to get through the what, 12 years (?) to make a competitive fighter anytime soon. If I'm fighting someone who has a maxed fighter even with a cap, do I really want to play as a guy who is in year 6?

Another thing is that even if someone does finish a career, they won't necessarily have a competitive fighter because they aren't/don't know how to "exploit" the system. I know last year, my middleweight was the first guy I finished, and I think I only had one or two stats over 85. On the other hand, my heavyweight was a beast (but nothing over 95) compared to my middleweight since I knew what I was doing. My middleweight guy went to decision like 90% of the time while none of Hawks fights went to decision. Not to mention how I pretty much lost all the time to Ortiz becuase I would get KTFO on the ground because he could pass so easy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes sense too. I looked into the non-career CAFs a little more and it seems that you can use moves that you would learn from the camps (at least I saw some that I could have sworn were grayed out in career that are available for insta CAFs)...but they'll all be level 1. I guess that makes sense since there's no way of improving them.

Based on what you mentioned and some of the other things people have said, I'm almost leaning toward going with Non-Career CAFs...at least initially. For one thing, there doesn't seem to be as much interest in the league this year. I don't know why that is, but maybe by making it more accessible, people will want to try it out. Using Non-Career CAFs would allow for that.

Also, like you said, some people might not have figured out "the formula" to creating even a maxed cap CAF (I think Gary falls in this category), or have the time to finish a career in 2-3 days. Then there's Matt's concern of capping his career CAF and making him essentially worthless for random online fights. Factor all that together and using Non-Career CAFs probably just makes more sense. We could even switch over to Career CAFs down the road once more people have joined the league and played through career. I'm just mildly concerned right now that we've got like 4-5 people in here. Non-Career CAFs would be quick and dirty, and might get us jumpstarted at the least. We would just need to decide if we'd want to use the 30/75 min/max, a different one, or none at all.

I don't think that we would need to set min/max's (except maybe in speed/cardio/str) because over time, people will probably figure out what works best for them. It's the fighter's responsibility to check the stats of his opponent before the fight. If his opponent wants to max out their subs, chances are he will be weak in something else, and that fighter must capitalize on it. Conversely, if a fighter is well balanced vs a fighter with one maxed stat, the maxed person will really have to stay on their toes to cover their weakness.

[quote name='moojuice']I don't think that we would need to set min/max's (except maybe in speed/cardio/str) because over time, people will probably figure out what works best for them. It's the fighter's responsibility to check the stats of his opponent before the fight. If his opponent wants to max out their subs, chances are he will be weak in something else, and that fighter must capitalize on it. Conversely, if a fighter is well balanced vs a fighter with one maxed stat, the maxed person will really have to stay on their toes to cover their weakness.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that could probably work. My only concern was people keeping the "less important" stats that they never use really low, in order to boost the ones they want to focus on. But I guess it does come back to exploiting your opponent's weakness...and if he's got a clinch grapple of like 5, it's up to you to abuse that.

At worst, the Non-Career CAFs are something to try, and they're quick and easy to create. If we don't like how they handle, it won't be a big loss to scrap them. So, it looks like we're ready for people to start posting their fighters, and we'll see what we've got to work with.

Ooh...only problem I've noticed with the Non-Career CAF plan is that I don't think you can view your opponents stats before an online fight. I just played a couple and even after my opponent had selected his fighter, it would only show the stats for the fighters I was choosing from. So, that might put a big kink in the "recognizing your opponent's weaknesses" concept. The best we'd be able to do is pay attention to how your opponent has been winning their fights and recognize their general fighting style. I don't think we'll be able to see stats though. Not sure if that changes anything for anybody.

Hmmm... I don't know. I'm in either way, but I would rather use career CAFs for reasons mentioned before, along with the fact that the non-career CAFs only know level 1 versions of moves and such. But as was mentioned, we could start with regular CAFs and then switch to career guys later. The only issue would be balancing things at that point, if say half the roster has career guys finished and half does not.

How has the onlone been, anyway? People at GameFAQs keep bitching about lag (and a billion other things), but it is GameFAQs, after all.

[quote name='Matt Young']Hmmm... I don't know. I'm in either way, but I would rather use career CAFs for reasons mentioned before, along with the fact that the non-career CAFs only know level 1 versions of moves and such. But as was mentioned, we could start with regular CAFs and then switch to career guys later. The only issue would be balancing things at that point, if say half the roster has career guys finished and half does not.

How has the onlone been, anyway? People at GameFAQs keep bitching about lag (and a billion other things), but it is GameFAQs, after all.[/QUOTE]

The biggest draw to me with Non-Career CAFs is generating interest in CAGFC. Granted, the game hasn't even been out a week yet, but I'm a little worried that hardly anybody is signing up. I will say though, if we were to use Career CAFs, I don't know how much higher I'd want to raise the min/max. The whole point was making it a number that was attainable by everybody. And I won't really know what that number is until I finish my career (since I'm playing on beginner and intentionally trying to go undefeated, to see what a "normal" person could accomplish if they used the "30, 50, 70, bank your points" formula).

I get that randoms online will be going apeshit with maxing out their fighters. But honestly, if you run into somebody who is able to do that on expert (where more points are awarded for sparring), you're not going to stand a chance anyway. The best you could do is not fight random CAFs online (which is pretty much what everybody did last year). If we used Career CAFs for CAGFC, I think I would just enjoy it more if they were realistic.

As for online itself, it had been super smooth for 2+ days. But I noticed yesterday it was dragging ass again (I assume the PPV had something to do with it). It seems better today, but not quite as good as Thursday/Friday. Lag has been very minimal though. I was downloading shit on my PC while playing today and had really no lag at all. Sometimes the people who bitch about lag don't understand that their connection sucks. If you think that sounds like the GameFAQs community....well, lol

Yeah, people bitch about lag all the time, especially at GameFAQs. usually, the mention of lag follows the admission that that person lost the game.

Examples:

"My UFC record is ***-1. I lost because someone lag switched me. I WILL fuck ALL OF YOU UP MWAHAHAHA."

"Man, fuck Gears. Host has a huge advantage and the every single weapon in the game is cheap in one form or another and therefore we should duel it out in a shin kicking contest followed by drinking warm tea." (paraphrased)

I don't know about this UFC, but I rarely had any lag in last year's game. In fact, despite my connection being the slowest out of that of anyone who displayed their speed test results in the Tecmo Bowl thread, I hardly ever have a single bit of lag in any game. The only repeat offender seems to be the EA Sports titles, because they insist on using their own servers which are highly unreliable.

Ugh...the one thing I will say about online, the matchmaking is horrible. I'm currently 0-2 in ranked because I keep getting matched up with guys whose records are 95-20 or 115-36. I don't know how people have played that many fights already considering the server issues that have been going on. And I sure as hell don't know why I get matched up with them since I hardly have any fights.

Matt, I strongly urge you to play some online with randoms before you assume it's going to be something you even care about. What makes it worse is these guys have records that good AND they pick the best fighter in the division. I fight HW, they pick Lesnar. I fight WW, they pick GSP. Typical douchebag Xbox Live crap.

I could care less about using my fighter online because I always search for matches with custom fighters disabled. The only time I'd play custom fighters online is if I'm playing a friend or playing someone in the league.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ugh...the one thing I will say about online, the matchmaking is horrible. I'm currently 0-2 in ranked because I keep getting matched up with guys whose records are 95-20 or 115-36. I don't know how people have played that many fights already considering the server issues that have been going on. And I sure as hell don't know why I get matched up with them since I hardly have any fights.

Matt, I strongly urge you to play some online with randoms before you assume it's going to be something you even care about. What makes it worse is these guys have records that good AND they pick the best fighter in the division. I fight HW, they pick Lesnar. I fight WW, they pick GSP. Typical douchebag Xbox Live crap.[/QUOTE]

I do care since I want to go for the ranked match achievements this year instead of just doing the CAGFC. Plus it's fun taking Gail Pennyfeather online to beat down unsuspecting straight white men.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']I do care since I want to go for the ranked match achievements this year instead of just doing the CAGFC. Plus it's fun taking Gail Pennyfeather online to beat down unsuspecting straight white men.[/QUOTE]

I understand going for the achievements, but you can do that without using CAFs. Just play randoms more before making a final decision. Cause the matches I've been getting are Spam City.

id love to use career CAF's, im gonna finish mine tonight and hes got about 6 fights left and im at 85 stand up strikes, 70 in takedown offense, ground grapple offense/defense, ground striking, and from 55-70 in all defenses, with 70 str, 85 speed, and 50 cardio..... but i wouldnt here... hes gonna be beastly overpowered and i only learned 5 moves with him but he 3 shot rocks anyone so far.

non career guys would be more even, if you cannot see the opponents stats on their fighter i say awesome, that makes you play the player not their characters stats. as things move along you will learn how to play the other fighters in the league and keep people guessing, making you more cautious, play safer or crazier, and would probably lead to better matches. im gonna polish offf my career then make up my NCAF then get my stuff posted up in LHW Division.

only got about 10 hours into the game and need to get into the training camp but i say we go with the standard, 30 min 70 max and get some matches goin. anyone that wants to proactice and i am on send me an invite with a message letting me know you are a CAG and well get to training.

After doing a few fights last night with the Non-Career CAF I created, I think those would probably be the better option for us right now. Yeah, they're not quite as fast and not quite as skilled, but you can still make a pretty decent fighter...and it's guaranteed to be fair to everyone. Not to mention, all it takes is 5 minutes and you're up and running...which is something I think the league needs. There will be no min/max stats, so create your guy as you see fit.

So, at the least, we'll start out with Non-Career CAFs, and leave the possibility of switching to Career CAFs down the road if there's ever a need to. Everybody feel free to sign up your fighters by posting the following information:

XBL Gamertag:
Fighter Name:
Height:
Weight:

I'd like to have a tournament underway by Friday.

I'll get him made up tonight.

XBL Gamertag: Insomnia Saint
Fighter Name: Murphy " The Saint " McManus
Height: 6 foot 3 inches
Weight: 205

BONUS INFO! 77" Reach and i work rotating shifts every week at a 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off so basically whatever i dont work this week i work next week. they are 12-15 hour shifts so on work nights im usually on after 8PM CST on my days off im on in and out all day and most of the night after 8PM again.

I guess I'll enter my 2 for now, maybe even a 3rd later.

Fighter Name: (The King) Mo Lawal
Height: 6'0"

Fighter Name: (The Demolition Man) Alistar Overeem
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 240

[quote name='seen']I guess I'll enter my 2 for now, maybe even a 3rd later.

Fighter Name: (The King) Mo Lawal
Height: 6'0"

Fighter Name: (The Demolition Man) Alistar Overeem
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 240[/QUOTE]

The rules state you can only enter one fighter at a time. Depending on how the divisions fill out, that MAY change. But for now, which guy would you want to start with?

[quote name='Matt Young']:whistle2:\ Well, shit. I thought we were going to vote. I guess I'll think about what to do/who I might want to create.[/QUOTE]

I gave it a couple days. Seen voted for Non-Career CAFs, you voted for Career CAFs, moojuice and Pure Apathy said they could go either way. And I think freemason saw the merits of both systems as well. Nobody else said anything. All I did was take it all into consideration and decided what made the most sense. Look around, there's not that many people in here as is. At least with Non-Career CAFs, it doesn't take a huge commitment of time to participate. The point right now is getting this thing off the ground.

How many people do we even have in the league? We had probably 15 last year. If there aren't enough, then what? The biggest reason I bought this game was to do CAGFC with CAFs. Now, there are no CAFs. We have maybe 6-8 people in the league... How will that be enough? I just kind of feel like I wasted my money in a way.

[quote name='Matt Young']How many people do we even have in the league? We had probably 15 last year. If there aren't enough, then what? The biggest reason I bought this game was to do CAGFC with CAFs. Now, there are no CAFs. We have maybe 6-8 people in the league... How will that be enough? I just kind of feel like I wasted my money in a way.[/QUOTE]

We are still doing CAFs, but just starting out with non-career ones.

[quote name='Matt Young']How many people do we even have in the league? We had probably 15 last year. If there aren't enough, then what? The biggest reason I bought this game was to do CAGFC with CAFs. Now, there are no CAFs. We have maybe 6-8 people in the league... How will that be enough? I just kind of feel like I wasted my money in a way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. What part of the OP is so difficult to comprehend? I don't know what's up with you tonight, dude. But you're just bitching about everything. Last year, we actually had A LOT of people over the course of the summer. Just go look at the old thread (which is also linked in the OP). I'd estimate about 30 people. Maybe this year is just starting slow. I don't know. The point was that NON-CAREER CAFs would just provide people with a quick way to jump into the league without having to play through an entire 12 year career just to be competitive.

If that doesn't make sense to you, I don't know what else to say. I don't even know why it makes so much of a difference to you. You can still make Gail Pennyfeather. You can still give him pink hair. The only difference is stats. What the hell are you so upset about?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah. What part of the OP is so difficult to comprehend? [/QUOTE]

The OP says absolutely nothing about anything I mentioned in the last post. In fact, it just confirms that we do only have 5 members. So... huh?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I don't know what's up with you tonight, dude. But you're just bitching about everything.[/quote]

I'm sure you'll mention the 40th round pick of the draft, again, but again it kicked me out during the late teens/early 20's and I missed a pick. Either that, or you booted me. I couldn't tell because you immediately said, "That's what happens when you talk like a 14 year old girl" ("That's what happens" implying the boot) and when I responded asking what you meant... nothing.

I'm not "bitching". Bitching is complaining about things for no reason. I am justifiably complaining about losing at least 1 important draft pick and then being insulted afterward. I was wondering what's up with you tonight. I know your deal around here is to talk shit to and insult people, but most of the time it's someone who deserves it... not one of your good CAG friends. For example, you don't see me coming on here complaining about how you constantly unplug your mic and quit games early in NHL.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
If that doesn't make sense to you, I don't know what else to say. I don't even know why it makes so much of a difference to you. You can still make Gail Pennyfeather. You can still give him pink hair. The only difference is stats. What the hell are you so upset about?[/QUOTE]

I already answered this before- because I want to be able to compete online. You may not care about ranked, but I missed out on a lot of achievements last year because of it. Secondly, fights between non-career CAFs are going to be boring as fuck. Level 1 for all moves, all that. So, we will have more power than a beginning career CAF, but we will have the same limited arsenal of weak moves. Thirdly, as I also said before, with 5 or so people... there is no CAGFC, really, so what other options do I have?

Matt, if you've got boiling over issues, whatever. Say whatever you want to say. If you don't like the game, whatever. If you care more about what you want than about what's good for the group, whatever. Do what YOU want to do. I'm not going to bitch fight with you. It's a waste of time.

What "boiling over issues"? Again, I don't get it. You're the one saying negative things, and when I respond with answers or points, you say something like that. If you don't want to discuss things, why make such comments in the first place? I don't get that.

Just don't go around talking to me like you do to other people on here. I think I've earned better than that from you, and I'm not stupid. The only problem here is that you disagree with me and would rather blow me off than discuss it. If it weren't for that, there wouldn't be much of an issue between the two of us.

Well the reason I'm not going to be in the league is because I really don't want to be the Barry Horowitz (who's the biggest jobber in the UFC?) for the league. After my mini-tutorial session with Pure Apathy, I realize I have NO CHANCE against anyone on CAG and I won't be any good for any type of competitive league.

1-6 against Apathy with the one win being a lucky flash KO and him submitting me when he was using Kimbo is enough for me to know I should stay far away from anything competitive with this game.

If there's room in the CAG Fight Camp then maybe I'll join that when I start career mode next week if you will have me, but I think others who were in the league last year are in the same boat as me. It's no fun going in if you have the same chance of winning as the Washington Generals vs. the Harlem Globetrotters.

Ok, fair enough, Matt. I just didn't think it was necessary to go back and forth about issues that are mostly a matter of perspective. My problem with your complaints tonight is that you largely don't know what you're talking about and have been making inaccurate statements.

[quote name='Matt Young']The biggest reason I bought this game was to do CAGFC with CAFs. Now, there are no CAFs.[/QUOTE]

This statement isn't true at all. Pure Apathy pointed out to you why it's not true. CAFs are still being used...just of the non-career variety. This doesn't affect ANYTHING you do in career. If anything, it gives you the freedom to do what you were wanting to do before...juicing your CAF so you can use him to fight randoms online...without having to worry about any ratings caps.

[quote name='Matt Young']I already answered this before- because I want to be able to compete online. You may not care about ranked, but I missed out on a lot of achievements last year because of it.[/QUOTE]

This point has no relevance. Regardless of whether we use non-career CAFs in CAGFC (which take all of 5 minutes to make), you're completely free to juice up your career fighter and go for those online ranked achievements. The system we use here will not impede you in any way. Furthermore, as it's already been stated, you don't have to use a CAF to get those online achievements. This should have absolutely no influence on whether or not you get those achievements.

There, I hope that at least addresses your concerns. Honestly, I knew you were going to be the most adament about wanting to use career CAFs (even though you said you'd be in either way), because you were the same way last year...and didn't want to use insta CAFs. It would be great though if you could see it from the perspective of being fair to the most people and benefitting the league overall. It's not like I just pulled the decision out of my ass.

just FYI, all the CAF techniques can be upgraded to level 3 using the technique modifier and you can actually tweak some very nice fighters. with people all on the same keel for skill points, stats, and abilities, its all gonna come down to the fighter build, their strengths and the player playing them. 2009 i was the submissions master.. now 2010 i cant even submit Mark Coleman when is in one hit Rocked mode... weird.

How does that work? The technique modifier, that is. Does it take points away from other areas?

Nate- that was a typo. I meant there are no career CAFs. I'm not "juicing" my guy, either. I would never make anyone over 100 overall or in any area, and probably not even that high. The fact that they lowered the ratings this year was stupid, anyway. The top guys do not deserve to be rated as low as they are, nor do the lower end guys deserve to only be rated 12 points lower than the top guy.

My main issue is the fact that you said we may switch to career guys later on. If we did, my fighter would be disallowed, and that would mean I'd have to go all the way through the career again, which I definitely am not going to do. So, basically, that would suck.

I have more fun playing as a CAF online, and I imagine that fact will be even more true this year with the greatly improved appearance and fighting style customization. That's another part of it.

I didn't realize I was "most adamant" about using career CAFs last year. In fact, I'm pretty sure the majority was in favor and I'm not even sure I said anything about it other than voting yes. As for this year, we didn't even have a formal poll. I'd be willing to bet that half the people interested had no idea we were "voting".

But I am glad we can resolve this. Text sucks for conveying feelings. No wonder the only couple of times we have ever argued were in text form.

Oh yeah: MSUHitman- Why let some fights with one person turn you off from joining the league? You could do better against others. Also, you didn't own 2009, did you? This game has a steep learning curve; if you haven't practiced enough to learn the game engine, you won't be any good. And trust me, ranked matches will be 100x more frustrating as far as difficulty goes.

just edit technique, you get 12000 points to pick and choose what you want then go to the YOUR TECHNIQUES select all, then you can change any you want

Matt I had the game in 09 and was in the league from the beginning until about 2-3 weeks before it ended. And just like I told Apathy last night, I was basically the punching bag for the LHW division and I really don't want to break a controller with this game like I did last year as I don't have a bunch of extra controllers laying around any more.

I somewhat know the engine, but playing the AI is a whole different ballpark from playing humans. If I get in a clinch or on the bottom I panic because I can't do the transitions properly. That leads me to either getting my face punched in or tapping out as my fighter gets tired trying to get out from under my opponent.

[quote name='Matt Young']My main issue is the fact that you said we may switch to career guys later on. If we did, my fighter would be disallowed, and that would mean I'd have to go all the way through the career again, which I definitely am not going to do. So, basically, that would suck.[/QUOTE]

I recognize that would be an issue. Which is why I'll say I don't anticipate needing to switch. I don't really foresee a problem with the non-career CAFs that would make everybody hate it so much that we needed to switch. Unless there's some glitch or something that we don't know about. I don't know how many people on here have memory cards (one came with my arcade when I bought it), but I'm going to transfer a save of my career fighter BEFORE I add all my points on at the end, so I'll have a useable non-juiced version if the need ever arose. I realize that's not an option for everybody, which is why I wouldn't just randomly say "ok, we're switching to career CAFs now!" We'd have to have a real pressing need for it to happen.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm not "juicing" my guy, either. I would never make anyone over 100 overall or in any area, and probably not even that high.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']I have more fun playing as a CAF online, and I imagine that fact will be even more true this year with the greatly improved appearance and fighting style customization.[/QUOTE]

I gotta say, Matt, I feel like these two statements completely contradict each other. If you really want to use your CAF online against randoms, you basically have to juice him. Personally, if I saw a random using a CAF, I wouldn't even fight him to begin with (but that's why I put my search for "UFC only" anyway)...and that's even more of an issue this year since you can't see your opponent's ratings. What's your record in online ranked matches so far?

Matt, here's the thing- If you go through career normally, chances are your fighter will fall within whatever limits will be imposed anyways. In addition, how those limits are imposed will likely be from discussion from everyone participating.

The point of using NCCAFs is so that everyone plays with the same deck of cards- fights have more emphasis on player skill than attribute points. Consider the NCCAF tournament we had last year. Every fight went into the third round, while during the normal cards, fights seldom got past the first.

Anyways, I'll try to make a fighter sometime this afternoon.

Edit: Making one right now, and you can make your special moves post level 1.

Edit 2:
GT: moojuiced
Name: E. "Big Papi" Honda
H: 6'4
W: 240

All right, good to see a few more people show some interest in the league. In addition to whiptcracker, by my count, we're still missing fighter info from a few people. Seen posted two fighters, but didn't say which one he would prefer to start out with should he not be allowed to use both. Also, I don't think Pure Apathy has posted his fighter info. And neither has Matt Young.

I'd really like to get an opening tournament set up sometime this weekend (even if some of the divisions are essentially just "title fights"). If there are any divisions that don't even have two fighters, I'll definitely allow a fighter to float for now and compete in a different weight class. That's another good thing about using NCCAFs...that we can change and shape them to fit the needs of the league. I've had a good time in the NCCAF matches I've done so far. I know they're not as fast or powerful, but it's nice knowing for certain that your fighters are evenly matched (in terms of points anyway). Hope to see some more activity in here soon.

I didn't think it would be an issue to have a few fighters since I was good about getting my fights-in last year. Anyhow if I'm picking 1 for now, I'll go with King Mo to even out the divisions.

[quote name='seen']I didn't think it would be an issue to have a few fighters since I was good about getting my fights-in last year. Anyhow if I'm picking 1 for now, I'll go with King Mo to even out the divisions.[/QUOTE]

No, that wasn't the issue at all. I'm just doing it for the sake of keeping things simple starting out. The only thing that has me reconsidering it this year is the possibility of not having as many people starting out as we did last year. If divisions need to be filled out, I'll probably allow exceptions. Really, it's just whatever is good for the league. Thanks for responding so quickly though!

Wow Nate, looks like you've got this pretty organized. I'll definitely be joining in after I create my character. I'll probably be poo at the beginning but hopefully getting involved in this will help me get the experience I need to become a true champion! I think my guys name will be Gary Hotter.

Yay, FrankySox! We must play soon. Well, same with everyone here. It's a shame the actual tournament feature is not available online.

I haven't made my fighter yet. The only playing I've really gotten to do lately has been spending 10 minutes unlocking all the Topps cards for the achievement.

XBL Gamertag:X Matt Young X
Fighter Name: "The Hitman" Matt Young
Height: 5' 8''
Weight: 170

Once my next fighter cums... er, comes, people will fear him more. But Matt Young's got a more refined technique.

I'm really excited about this. I'm sure I'll probably never win but my fighter will be VERY UNIQUE as he will probably be the only one in CAGFC that is from the FUTURE!

XBL: Frankysox
Fighter Name: Jack "The Monster" Locke
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 170 (did I really have a choice here?)

Jack Locke has an interesting back story, and is searching within himself to find out who he truly is. Now if you'd like to learn more about Mr. Locke and have seen LOST please read below. If you don't want spoilers from the show (although really I'm just referencing certain things) then don't read below
Twenty-one years from now two very happily married and extremely wealthy people will buy their own island. For the sake of keeping it simple I'll refer to them as "Mother" and "Father". They will give birth to a young stunning young boy name Jack Locke.

Jack will live a lonely and confusing childhood. Mother and Father will take to long humpings in the forest of their private island while Jack wonders lonesome along the beach wondering where he comes from. You see Mother and Father always wanted a boy and when they saw they had been cursed with a bearded baby that loved pain killers they in turn cursed him with the name Jack Locke.

At the age of 16 Locke had become a man and decided he wanted to leave the island. Conveniently there was a boat sitting just off sore that magically appeared when he decided it was time to go. Once Jack arrived to the place he referred to as Rock he learned that something was different. Somehow during his journey he had traveled back in time. He wasn't sure how, but who needs an explanation right? Jack learned he'd need some schooling so he attended the first school that would accept a fully bearded 16 year old. Jack was not popular at this new establishment and he was really wondering if he should have left. After several weeks of attending school the principal decided he should be the mascot for the football games. They'd force Jack into a cage and leave him in there for days upon days with no food or water. When game day arrived they'd place a piece of Captain Crunch Cereal at mid field and open up the cage and let Jack go crazy.

This is the path Jack traveled when five years later he was discovered by CAGFC after he physically beat several 7 years olds in a back alley who were making fun of him. Twenty-One and facing 30 years in the pen for attack underage kids he was given a choice. Throw some fights in UFC to make a quick buck for the wardens cousins uncles son who was the Vice President of CAGFC, or face thirty years in the pen. Jack chose the former.

This leads us to present day where Jack will face his inner demons. Will he throw these fights or will he rise to the occasion and expose the corrupt government that wants to see his face smashed in?

EDIT: Darn I just realized Seen was in this FC, might have to make another fighter in his class. He likes to leave the controller unattended for long periods of time.

I'd be worried about naming a fighter after a Lost character for fear that the first two rounds would go well, but then no one would understand what happened to the fighter in the third.

Here's mine:

XBL: Whipt1
Fighter name: Mike "Nickname TBA" Williams
Height: 6'2"

Nice! Really glad to see this place starting to fill up. Sure, some weight classes are a bit thin, but I remember starting out the same way last year. Eventually, people will be able to have more than one fighter, and hopefully as others pick up the game, they'll want to participate as well. It's also good to see Franky is so excited about this, haha. I'm a big MMA guy, and of all the CAG leagues and stuff I've tried to do, this is by far the easiest. Not having a locked in schedule allows for so much more freedom, both for me and the people participating. And if people choose to flake out, I can just drop them without missing a beat, haha. I should have the matches for the first tournament set up sometime this evening.

Also, here's another developer update that was posted on 6/1 on the official UFC Undisputed forum. The 2nd and 3rd bullets are HUGE in my opinion. If they fix them properly, it should make for a really amazing game.

Hey everyone,

First off, I fully realize your experience last year with the support update and communication for UFC 2009 was less than ideal, so please bear in mind, I feel your pain, but you also finally have someone dedicated to your beloved UFC franchise. I'm only human as are the dev team, but I will impassionately continue to dedicate myself to working out whatever I can every day for you. Please also bear in mind that gameplay fixes of any nature cannot be addressed overnight. The dev team has been consistenty working through the online, super caf, gameplay exploits, and other issues being reported and are actively reading the boards. Even with my presence as your Official Community Manager, my most immediete impact will be in keeping you updated as best I can on the progress of critical fixed and updates. Having been doing this for a very long time, i know all too well what false promises lead to, I assure you I will keep you updated as frequent as possible, I just like to ensure my updates are always as concrete as possible.

I assure you, the moment I have a definitive understanding of when a patch will be applied, I will let you know, and I will continue to update you as I can, which is what I will do below...

As of right now:
  • The online issues are the top critical issue being looked in to currently, amongst the others. XBOX 360 online should be working pretty smoothly, save for some LAG here and there. It is primarily PS3 users who are having issues with ranked play, connection loss, etc. We know what issues are causing this, and the dev team is working to fix them. A lot of us played 360 Live over the weekend and found little online issue, if you're a 360 user and experiencing online issues, please note exactly what it is - ranked play? connection loss? can't get past a menu? can't connect to a server? Please be specific
  • Amongst the other TOP TOP critical issues - Super CAF's, viewing stats between two players so CAF leagues can operate, show W/L stats before a match is agreed upon, Machida instant takedown, Omoplata cancelling out of takedowns are at the top of the list
  • Other issues being heavily discussed all over - Submisson failures to win against AI, auto-block, spamming reversals, stamina adjustments, too many flash KO takedowns, weight class bug in career mode are also near the top of the list to be looked in to
The above issues I would say are the first areas, especially online, the dev team is focusing on. I don't have any further details to elaborate on speciffically, but from readin forums all over, those are the issues people would like considered and/or fixed before anything else.

Guys, from a communication standpoint, this will definitely not be 2009 all over again. That said, we'll still do our best to fix as quickly as possible and communicate that progress to you. I just want to always ensure when I do, its accurate and hopeful.

I agree the pain in playing online has felt like a Shogun Knee to the face at times, won't dare attempt to dispute your anger and frustration there.
Apologies to those experiencing online issues, that is certainly the most painful and I can tell you many people here are working to address.
I know this message will not please all, just trying to give you guys updates when I can that feel like the situation is moving forward. The dev team is listening.

-Tank

Well, my thought on that is, if there are two guys in a division, I'd at least like those two to fight to establish a Champion in that weight class. If no new members join that division, then yeah, I'm not going to make the same two guys fight every week.

BoSoxFan, since you're the only MW, yeah, you can definitely switch. If you moved up to LHW, it would at least balance out that division for now. I'll still leave a placeholder for you in MW just to let new sign ups know that there is somebody who would like to fight in that division. But in the meantime, putting you at LHW would help.

whiptcracker, if BoSoxFan moves up to LHW, we should be fine for now. And hopefully by next week we'll have more people joining. The HW division is also looking thin, but between new sign ups and/or allowing people to have more than one fighter, we should be fine for next week.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Well, my thought on that is, if there are two guys in a division, I'd at least like those two to fight to establish a Champion in that weight class. If no new members join that division, then yeah, I'm not going to make the same two guys fight every week.

BoSoxFan, since you're the only MW, yeah, you can definitely switch. If you moved up to LHW, it would at least balance out that division for now. I'll still leave a placeholder for you in MW just to let new sign ups know that there is somebody who would like to fight in that division. But in the meantime, putting you at LHW would help.

whiptcracker, if BoSoxFan moves up to LHW, we should be fine for now. And hopefully by next week we'll have more people joining. The HW division is also looking thin, but between new sign ups and/or allowing people to have more than one fighter, we should be fine for next week.[/QUOTE]

Done and done. New height: 6'3''. New weight: 205

bread's done
Back