CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

I wanted to point out that through 3 preseason weeks in the Owners league, there are 56 players injured. That's with the injury slider bumped down to a 30. 10/56 injured players were set to miss 7 games or more and there were a couple 40+ week injuries.
Are you trying to make me cry? lol

Ha, just trying to give a heads up. I thought bumping it to 30 was too low but i'm considering going lower. That's with majority of the games being simmed, so i'm hoping when the regular season starts that there won't be as many injuries in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, just trying to give a heads up. I thought bumping it to 30 was too low but i'm considering going lower. That's with majority of the games being simmed, so i'm hoping when the regular season starts that there won't be as many injuries in game.
Are they taking notes from the NHL 13 team?

Just looked at a slider set that had QB accuracy turned down to 7...commence crying
Yeah, we're used to that. The sliders in NHL 13 didn't do shit. You could max them out or put them at zero and it hardly made any difference. EA is a joke. This is what no competition gets you.

All right, here's what I'm going to do...for the rest of the people in this league, you have your invites. Feel free to join and take a look at your roster/depth chart. If after seeing that, you'd like to wait for another roster update (allegedly, there's supposed to be another one mid-next week), we can do that. Aside from the ratings, my depth chart is all out of whack. My QBs are switched. My #1 receiver is #3. I've got receivers from the practice squad on the team, etc. It just looks like a mess. Let me know what you guys are seeing and if it's as bad and what you would prefer to do.

I have an idea for Free Agency. How about for the first season, no adding free agents unless one of your players is injured. The Free Agent you pick up would have to play the same position as the injured player. This would maybe help deter any "maddenisms" such as picking up all the Free Agent RB/WR with high speed/acceleration. It would also make owners think more before trading a player since they won't be able to replace a speed WR simply by sorting "speed" among the available Free Agents. And maybe it would help those new to the salary cap so we don't run into problems like last year of being -4 Million at the end of the season? Those cap penalties really add up when you keep dropping players.. newer owners may not realize the ins and outs of the cap yet. 

Just a thought, at least for the first season.

I have an idea for Free Agency. How about for the first season, no adding free agents unless one of your players is injured. The Free Agent you pick up would have to play the same position as the injured player. This would maybe help deter any "maddenisms" such as picking up all the Free Agent RB/WR with high speed/acceleration. It would also make owners think more before trading a player since they won't be able to replace a speed WR simply by sorting "speed" among the available Free Agents. And maybe it would help those new to the salary cap so we don't run into problems like last year of being -4 Million at the end of the season? Those cap penalties really add up when you keep dropping players.. newer owners may not realize the ins and outs of the cap yet.

Just a thought, at least for the first season.
I wouldn't mind this at all. But we'd basically have to operate under the assumption that the CPU teams will take all of the good free agents anyway. Even if we did something similar to the official league and waited until week 4, and then did a draft style based on record, the CPU teams will probably have signed many of the good free agents by that point. Since we're playing on All-Pro, maybe that's ok. I would be fine with it either way.

Nate, I played the game last night on my son's account, DarkSabreFury, so you should be able to send the invite at your convenience. Thanks.

I checked my rosters and some things look a little out of place, but changing individual position schemes seemed to fix them. If there is an update next week I'd almost rather wait until then though. Just my 2 cents.

coachs name Notta Bucs Fan
I don't think anybody in here can top Farty McButtnuts

3gwjl.jpg

Nate, they censor the word cooch now. :whistle2:( However, I have taken the challenge you threw down and I think I picked a winner. Check it.

Nate, they censor the word cooch now. :whistle2:( However, I have taken the challenge you threw down and I think I picked a winner. Check it.
Even when preceded by "Fili"? That's ridiculous. I still love that McButtnuts is fine.

Your post reminded me to try hunting down the league website. It's not exactly easy to find from EA's main site (you have to navigate to Madden 25, then click "Play", then "Connected Franchise", then go to another website). But it at least LOOKS more user friendly this year. They at least tell you point blank that you can advance your leagues and handle roster transactions from the site. We'll see how well everything works or if there's any more depth to it though. But for anyone who wants to check it out themselves, here you go. I'll also add it to the OP (assuming we stick with this iteration of the rosters, haha).

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/home/256764.xbox

Apparently, Skip Bayless is not impressed

I know F. McButtnuts is known for his X's and O's, but being a head coach in the NFL is a whole different battleground.
While not incredibly original, this new headline is pretty funny too.

Huge Johnson will have full autonomy when it comes to player-personnel decisions with the Oakland Raiders.

*sigh* Of course I can't send league invites from the website. HooRox, I'll get you when I sign on later. What's everybody else think of their rosters? Any glaring problems that would suggest that we wait for another update?

I joined up and claimed the Steelers. Goodbye, Mike Tomlin... Welcome to Pittsburgh, Mr. Schwetty Meatballs!

So no free agency in this league unless there is an injury. Correct?
It hasn't been officially decided yet, but that was one of the suggested ideas. Honestly, not a lot of people have weighed in on it. The most pressing decision though is whether we think it's necessary to do a round of draft style free agency before preseason games start, or if we don't mind the CPU teams signing free agents at will (which will happen as soon as they play a game). It would definitely be easier to just let the CPU teams have at it, since a draft style would surely take a good amount of time.

But also, just opening free agency for anyone to sign anyone would probably get out hand and not really be fair either. I wouldn't even necessarily be opposed to doing a round of free agency later in the season (based on team record), but like I said...the thing that needs to be decided now is if we care that the CPU teams are going to sign some players if we don't get to them first.

Whatever you decide is good with me.  I would like to look at even low rated free agents just to fill some holes though.

Those Sunday Ticket codes from the Anniversary edition are going for around $200 on ebay.
and the directv website is not even working.

EDIT: The sites now working, it's just the fucking worst website known to man.

EDIT#2: Who the fuck makes a website and thinks it's a great idea to log someone out every time they switch a page on your website. You don't even leave the website and you get logged out. Great feature from a great company.

So far my experience with this has been going to the website, logging in, clicking a link that says "take me to my nfl sunday ticket", getting logged out, logging back in and then being brought to a webpage that tells me how to order directv. I then find another link that tells me to click her to watch sunday ticket. I get logged out, I log back in and it takes me back to that order website. The phone app just tells me I don't have the correct service card to watch it. Anyone with any luck?

and the directv website is not even working.

EDIT: The sites now working, it's just the fucking worst website known to man.

EDIT#2: Who the fuck makes a website and thinks it's a great idea to log someone out every time they switch a page on your website. You don't even leave the website and you get logged out. Great feature from a great company.

So far my experience with this has been going to the website, logging in, clicking a link that says "take me to my nfl sunday ticket", getting logged out, logging back in and then being brought to a webpage that tells me how to order directv. I then find another link that tells me to click her to watch sunday ticket. I get logged out, I log back in and it takes me back to that order website. The phone app just tells me I don't have the correct service card to watch it. Anyone with any luck?
It's working perfectly for me.

Those Sunday Ticket codes from the Anniversary edition are going for around $200 on ebay.
Yeah, I am totally kicking myself for not seeing that opportunity and ordering the anniversary edition even though I didn't need it. That could have paid for Madden, NHL and then some...while still netting me the MUT packs. I feel like an idiot.

Yeah, great way to show off your service Directv. Take down the website for service on NFL opening day. Morons
Doesn't it just seem like there's really no such thing as good service anymore? Places just ask for your money and then act like you should have expected them to fuck up. Sign of the times.

I am really really considering selling my copy and buying a new one with the money. I kind of regret how much I paid, so it's really tempting. I just hate selling on ebay.

Also, after watching the Titans - Steelers game, I'm starting to think Madden isn't that far off with the number of injuries (although the severity is still probably too high). It seemed like every couple plays somebody was limping off the field. Just off the top of my head, Maurkice Pouncey, Shonn Greene, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Ryan Clark, Nate Washington, and Ryan Clark (again). The first three did not return to the game (but it seems like Greene and Stephens-Howling will be ok for next week). But these 40+ week injuries are insane though.

Yeah, I am totally kicking myself for not seeing that opportunity and ordering the anniversary edition even though I didn't need it. That could have paid for Madden, NHL and then some...while still netting me the MUT packs. I feel like an idiot.
I share your pain, dude. I had the special edition preordered ever since Amazon put it up, but since I couldn't use Sunday Ticket on my Kindle Fire, I canceled my preorder 5 days before release.

Also, after watching the Titans - Steelers game, I'm starting to think Madden isn't that far off with the number of injuries (although the severity is still probably too high). It seemed like every couple plays somebody was limping off the field. Just off the top of my head, Maurkice Pouncey, Shonn Greene, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Ryan Clark, Nate Washington, and Ryan Clark (again). The first three did not return to the game (but it seems like Greene and Stephens-Howling will be ok for next week). But these 40+ week injuries are insane though.
I watched several games off and on and agree with you. I also can't believe how easily offenses move the ball and how often the #1 WR lines up in the slot. Maybe Madden isn't so far off.

I watched several games off and on and agree with you. I also can't believe how easily offenses move the ball and how often the #1 WR lines up in the slot. Maybe Madden isn't so far off.
Honestly, I think the lack of defensive assignments is the biggest and most blatant screw up the game has. Of course, offenses move players around. The Titans even had Delanie Walker lined up as a receiver at times today. But could you imagine if somebody like Calvin Johnson lined up in the slot, and Leslie Frasier was just like "Well, that sucks. Hope my LB does a good job covering him." And then it just repeatedly kept happening all game?

If you say it out loud like that, it's laughable how stupid it sounds. We all know the reality of it is that coaches actually tell their best CB "I don't give a fuck where he is on the field. If you're not in his fucking face, I'm going to murder you and eat your children." lol. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but you know what I mean. So, you may have realism on one side, but you've got complete ridiculousness on the other side. Defense is intentionally gimped. That's about as plainly as you can put it.

I have a HTPC on my TV and once I was able to log in on the DirecTV servers, it worked ok.  However, the picture quality for this EA Special version of Sunday Ticket online was terrible and the aspect ratio was also messed up when I went to full screen.  It filled my screen at 16:9, but the players were too skinny. o_O  Not to mention the terrible picture quality.  It was not a bandwidth problem on my end.  Anybody else have similar stories?

If that's how it's going to be every week, I can't take that.  I'd rather watch Red Zone to see some of the Packers games, rather than watch a whole game on this abomination.

Sorry Nate I was away working and never got an opportunity to pop Madden in and play a game.

Back home now so in a few hours after I sleep I'll play a game so you can send the invite.

Edit* damnn I still have an unopened anniversary edition. Putting that on eBay. Will buy a regular edition.

Edit #2 500 pm-----can't open my 360 disc drive. Jesus Christ. I'm glad at this point I'm switching to ps4 next gen, even though they'll have their problems I'm sure. This Is my 8th or 9th 360 I've had problems with, and I'm VERY careful with my electronics. Going to do some research on if I can fix this or not, will report back. At the very least, if nothing works,I'm getting the chepeast 360 I can find tomorrow morning because I still want to play gta this gen.

Ok...loaded Madden up for the first time in a couple days, and here's where we stand with the housekeeping.

16 people have accepted their invite and joined the league. Unfortunately, tukai fucked himself bad. EA wants you to read this year. As it's been instructed and discussed with others in this thread, you were supposed to create a new coach.

Well, the new roster is up. It's not perfect, but who knows when the next update will be. I'm going to get the league set up and start sending out invites. You MUST create a new coach when joining the league. If you join with an existing coach, you're going to have to be booted and start over again. Don't screw this up.
The problem here is people in the owner's league have said that once you retire from a team, you get blacklisted from that team. Soooo...tukai, who was given an assigned team, might not be able to play as that team now. I'm not sure what we do here. I don't want other people "forgetting" to create a coach just because they don't like their assigned team. I'm open to suggestions, but in the interest of keeping the league honest, I'm almost inclined to say "sorry, you did this to yourself". Nothing personal about it...but for whatever reason, EA felt blacklisting was necessary and we have to work within the game we're given.

The only other option I can think of is just waiting on the next roster update (hopefully Thursday) and creating a fresh league, giving everyone a chance at a do-over.

Other people who have yet to accept their invites:

lyric

KingofOldSchool

Superstar

sicsonic

scrub0bk

HooRox and KasterDB, you also now have invites.

And Flyersfan obviously still hasn't popped the game in yet due to the issues he's having.

DO NOT FORGET TO CREATE A COACH

It hasn't been officially decided yet, but that was one of the suggested ideas. Honestly, not a lot of people have weighed in on it. The most pressing decision though is whether we think it's necessary to do a round of draft style free agency before preseason games start, or if we don't mind the CPU teams signing free agents at will (which will happen as soon as they play a game). It would definitely be easier to just let the CPU teams have at it, since a draft style would surely take a good amount of time.

But also, just opening free agency for anyone to sign anyone would probably get out hand and not really be fair either. I wouldn't even necessarily be opposed to doing a round of free agency later in the season (based on team record), but like I said...the thing that needs to be decided now is if we care that the CPU teams are going to sign some players if we don't get to them first.
I suggest giving us the ability to select guys we want to sign like in the Owner League. We have 100 points to bid on players, whoever bids the most for the player, gets to sign him. Once that's over, we have the ability to sign who we want. I don't like the idea of being forbidden to sign free agents.

You could just create a new league N8 and we can all join again. But anyone who screws up again should go to the back of the waiting list.

bread's done
Back