CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Rob and I tried to play, but I couldn't get it up. I mean... I couldn't get a connection to the EA servers. Tried dashboarding and even restarting the system. Nothing worked. Yet I was able to play the CPU in the other league earlier and had no problems.

You played a really good game. It definitely could have gone either way. We both have highly ranked defenses and it showed. I actually had one more turnover than you did. But our stats were very similar in the major categories like passing and rushing yards, the aforementioned turnovers, and time of possession.

Like I said after the game, I'm sorry you had to lose like you did. I've actually lost a Super Bowl before in this league when my game winning kick just barely came up short, so I can relate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm just mad at my play calling choices. Even though you were stopping the run, I should have run the ball instead of throwing that last pick, just to make you use your final timeout and kill the clock some more. I was in easy FG range and would have been up eight. Oh well, live and learn.

Is this going to be the last season? It seems like a lot of us have sort of checked out, or at least it seems that way when it comes to thread activity.

Been a pretty busy weekend. But in case anyone was wondering, we have advanced to Week 12. Key human vs human matchups for this week are:

Browns (Yo Soy El Tiger) vs Bengals (pitfallharry219)

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Titans (n8rockerasu)

The deadline for Week 12 will be 2/18!

Is this going to be the last season? It seems like a lot of us have sort of checked out, or at least it seems that way when it comes to thread activity.
Honestly, I don't have any set plans. I'll play as long as everybody else wants to play. At this point, I guess I don't see much of a difference in having 8 teams as opposed to having 14 teams. There's still going to be a fair number of CPU games either way. If people are just done with football and/or Xbox 360 though, I can understand that. I've really got nothing pushing me in either direction though.

For the record, I'm planning on being back for next season.

Giants pull off the mother of all comebacks. Down 17 with four minutes to play, the Giants mount a TD drive to score with just under three left. Jason Pierre-Paul forces Lamar Miller to fumble on the Dolphins first play following the kickoff and Emerson Griffen scoops it up and runs it back 17 yards to put the Giants behind 27-24. On the very next play, the Giants sack and strip Tannehill of the ball, and Pierre-Paul runs the fumble back 21 yards for the go-ahead score. Giants win, 31-27, in a crazy, ugly game.

Titans - 42

Colts - 21

The Titans found themselves on their heels in a hurry in this one, with Indianapolis marching down the field for a touchdown on the game's opening possession. Tennessee was able to respond as Chris Johnson broke a 64 yard TD run to tie the game at 7. And fortunately for the Titans, their secondary woke up a bit and intercepted Andrew Luck twice in the first half to open up a 35-14 lead going into halftime.

In the second half, things slowed down quite a bit..with a lone DuJuan Harris TD run being the only scoring until a late fumble and TD return by the Colts defense on Joe McKnight's only carry of the game. The more protective hands of Shonn Greene took over after that, and he even picked up a few improbable 1st downs to close out the game.

There was some really questionable tackling in this game...on both sides, but probably to my benefit more than DarkTower's. Players were just bouncing off tackles like nobody's business. As a result, CJ was averaging 20 yards a carry until midway through the 3rd quarter, lol. Crazy game. But I at least felt good about the defensive stops I had since those plays actually required some cat and mouse playcalling. GG, Brandon. Once again, this was for my poor Predators, haha.

Titans

Jake Locker - 5-7, 96 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 2 att, 10 yds

Chris Johnson - 13 att, 228 yds, 3 TDs

Shonn Greene - 5 att, 54 yds

Joe McKnight - 1 att, 0 yds, 1 fumble (what a dick, lol)

DuJuan Harris - 1 att, 20 yds, 1 TD

Kenny Britt - 3 rec, 70 yds, 2 TDs, 2 pancakes (you go Kenny Britt with your 2 pancakes...he must have thought he was at Denny's, haha)

Colin McCarthy - 4 tackles, 1 INT

Colts

Andrew Luck - 9-14, 152 yds, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 1 att, 25 yds

Ahmad Bradshaw - 11 att, 43 yds, 1 TD, 1 rec, -2 yds

Duane Allen - 6 rec, 102 yds

T.Y. Hilton - 1 rec, 17 yds, 1 TD

Antoine Bethea - 3 tackles, 1 FF

Cory Redding - 2 tackles, 1 FR, 1 TD

We have advanced to Week 13. There are a few teams that seem to have just stopped playing their games. Not really sure if that indicates anything, but we'll just keep moving forward anyway. Key human vs human matchups for this week are:

Panthers (Dark Rider) vs Colts (DarkTower80)

Broncos (KasterDB) vs Titans (n8rockerasu)

The deadline for Week 13 will be 2/22.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the score (I think I had a game where I beat the CPU 45-0 earlier this season). But again...here's the stat line:

Passing

Tamarcus Aristotle - 23-26, 351 yds, 4 TDs

Rushing

Trent Richardson - 18 att, 182 yds, 2 TDs

Brandon Weeden - 1 att, 5 yds, 1 TD

Tamarcus Aristotle - 3 att, 7 yds

Since Weeden had one rushing play...I guess I can at least assume he was brought in for Aristottle in the 4th and just didn't have a pass recorded (which, with that kind of lead, he shouldn't have). But I see no other running backs used. So, unless I'm to believe that you only ran one offensive play in the 4th quarter (being a 5 yard QB run for a TD)...you AGAIN violated league rules.

Why do you struggle with this so much? Nobody else here has these problems. You're leaving your starters in and you're getting unfair benefits that everybody else is ok passing up. Hell, I just had a game against a human opponent where I could have probably rushed for 300+ yards with Chris Johnson...but I brought in 3 different backups in the 4th quarter.

Why do you continue having a problem with this? How do you think I should handle it? And you wonder why people have a general disdain for you. Come on, man.

I ran the ball like 10 times through 3 quarters of play..I ONLY ran the ball in the 4th..and Chris Johnson got way more points then Trent Richardson did ...not at all to accuse you of xp mining but to state I was not either...I just reread the rules (well at least the ones I thought would fit here) and I dont believe I did anything wrong...I did what it took to run the clock out.

Weeden- in for 9 plays
Dion Lewis- in for 11 plays...yes none he ran on
Trent Richardson- in for 23 plays

Time of possession - Ravens: 6:24 Browns: 13:36

24 first downs

I stand by the fact that I did what was needed to chew the clock

All right...here's my take on all of it.

You were up at least 28-0 when the 4th quarter started (though probably more considering the final score), and left your starting RB in for at least 8 more rushing attempts.

If your backup RB is in the game for 11 plays, and didn't have one rushing attempt, something odd is going on. You're either passing the ball or running trick plays. To suggest that those 11 plays came in the 4th quarter...where he didn't carry the ball once, seems even more unlikely.

Yes, Richardson's numbers weren't as large as CJ's in my last game...but that's because you were AIRING it out before the 4th quarter. Instead of having a balanced attack, you chose to let Aristotle have a big game. That doesn't make it ok to make sure your starting RB "gets his" just because you have to run the ball in the 4th quarter. How dumb do you think I am?

Go look at the stat line I put up with Jake Locker. Since CJ had such a big game, Locker hardly did anything. What you've got is a starting QB with 23 completions, 350 yds, 4 TDs, and a starting RB averaging 10 yards a carry and almost 200 yds himself. That's crazy, man. Because of how EA has neutered their website, there are so many things now that I have to ASSUME people are doing the right way. I can't tell if you're letting the playclock tick down to less than :05 in the 4th quarter. I can't tell if you're passing the ball. I can't even tell how many points you scored in the 4th quarter.

All these things, I just have to give you the benefit of the doubt for. So, when I see stat lines that don't make any sense, I'm sorry, but I have to draw conclusions somewhere. Go look at the box scores of other games the past two weeks. There were multiple "blowout" games. What you'll see are 2-3-4 different RBs with carries. And one big thing you'll see are backup QBs with negative rushing yards. This indicates people kneeling the ball. What I CAN tell from your stat line is you didn't kneel it once. And maybe that's not a damning piece of evidence in and of itself, but added on to all these other things, you look like somebody trying to pour it on. You just do.

So, this puts you (and me) in a really tough spot. Because you got a warning strike for basically this exact same thing not even that long ago. A second strike is a one game suspension...which has to be served against a human opponent. I looked at your schedule and your next human opponent would be in the playoffs. I can 100% recognize that that is a very harsh punishment. But at the same time, I want my rules respected, and you should know them just the same as anybody else. Everybody else here has figured out how to close out the 4th quarter.

If you won't take Richardson out in the 4th quarter and won't take knees (things I can check), how am I supposed to feel confident that you're letting the playclock tick down or not throwing the ball in the 4th? (things I can't check) When other people's stat lines jumped out the way yours do, they were questioned, judged, and when guilty...received strikes. If I don't give you one, it's not fair to everyone else here.

Sure, you can dress this up as me wanting "an easy road to another Super Bowl", but I didn't make you violate league rules. So, the choice is completely up to you. If you care about being part of a fair league, if you care about not being somewhat of an outcast here, if you care about more than numbers, then take the punishment and come back for the 3rd season to show everybody else that it was just a mistake. Reacting differently will just affirm what many already think. Personally, I don't want to paint you in any particular light, and I don't have a problem with you. Just as any other offence someone has made, this is an isolated incident and is not personal. The timing of the punishment is just unfortunate. And for that I am sorry. But rules are rules.

Brandon Weeden was the only touchdown in the fourth quarter..and I did not at all say my backup RB played in the fourth on 11 plays...it was throughout the game

If thats what you want to do thats fine
but I see no where that says the 1 game suspension is to be served against a human

All right. So, piecing together what you said before (that you ran the ball 10 times through 3 quarters), that means you left your starting RB in for 8 more rushing attempts...where he was averaging 10 yards a carry...in a 49-0 game...

You don't see a problem with that?

If we're assuming Richardson's performance was consistent, I'm guessing he "only" had around 100 yards rushing before those 8 runs in the 4th. So, yeah...those aren't crazy numbers. But like I said, that's because you played a very pass heavy game the first 3 quarters. If your thought process was really "I'll pick up all my passing yards early and then pick up my running yards in the 4th quarter when the game is out of reach and I have to run the ball", you're still trying to abuse the system. No coach is going to risk his starting RB in a 49-0 game. And I'm sorry. You're going to learn this, or you're not going to play here.

As for the suspension being against a human opponent, it might not be laid out specifically in the OP...but it was decided on very early in the league as referenced by the next to last paragraph in this post.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318057-cagls-madden-25-fans-league-play-as-your-favorite-team-spots-open-season-2-week-13-due-by-222/?view=findpost&p=11149004

I double checked to make sure that precedent had been set when I was considering your situation.

Again, the timing is unfortunate...but you're the one who thought your starting RB needed 80 more yards in a 49-0 game.

Ill take my at least 5 game suspension
if its an amendment to the rules it should be stated somewhere for all to see and not buried in the post

Ill take my at least 5 game suspension
if its an amendment to the rules it should be stated somewhere for all to see and not buried in the post
You mean like not running up stats and closing out a game the right way? Sorry. I find it amusing that you take issue with something not being listed in the rules of the OP when the only reason you're dealing with it is because of a second offence of ignoring the rules listed in the OP.

Besides, I wouldn't really call it an amendment. At one point, receiving a one game suspension was guaranteed to be against a human opponent. I'm sure you'd be much happier to serve your suspension against Pittsburgh, Arizona, Seattle, or Oakland...but we have people serving that type of "punishment" all the time. It's called simming. At the end of the day, the only advice I have is don't force my hand. You shouldn't be needing to worry about whether your suspension should be served against a human opponent or a CPU opponent.

All right, we have advanced to Week 14. The only human vs human matchup for this week is:

Titans (n8rockerasu) vs Colts (DarkTower80)

At least we know that one will get played, haha.

The deadline for Week 14 will be 2/26.

We have advanced to Week 15. Key human vs human matchups for this week are:

Bengals (pitfallharry219) vs Colts (DarkTower80)

Redskins (bfauble83) vs Giants (jza1218)

The deadline for Week 15 will be 3/2!

Colts over Bengals 20-3.  I got 5 takeaways to Pitfall's one and it should have been about even.  I made a couple of bad throws that I thought for sure were going to be picks that were either incomplete or caught.

Neither team could get anything going on the ground as we combined for 37 yards rushing.

Yeah, that was rough. Not so much score-wise, but I just couldn't do anything on either side. It probably didn't help that this was the first human game I've played in over a month.

That's what happened to me in the playoffs for the other league. I had won something like 13 straight games to close out the regular season, but 11 of them were against CPU opponents. Then I played LVPatriots and got my ass handed to me.

Damn good game bfauble. Redskins beat the Giants, 27-24 in OT. Hope you understood the decision to go for it there. I was kicking into the wind, it was a 52-yarder and I haven't made a single FG over 50 all season. In fact, I missed a very similar field goal against Matt a few weeks ago. Tried to message you though it appears you had to burn a timeout anyway, so sorry.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 16. Key human vs human games this week are:

None

Haha, well that makes it easy. The deadline for this week will be 3/6!

Week 17 should be really interesting. Entering week 16 there were three teams with an 8-6 record, with the Giants the odd man out for the final spot. But the Giants and Rams play in Week 17, effectively letting the winner choose their own destiny, though the Vikings and Rams have not played yet in Week 16, so who knows how it ends up.Very excited to even have a chance at the playoffs, which is a far cry from my previous experiences in these leagues.

Week 17 should be really interesting. Entering week 16 there were three teams with an 8-6 record, with the Giants the odd man out for the final spot. But the Giants and Rams play in Week 17, effectively letting the winner choose their own destiny, though the Vikings and Rams have not played yet in Week 16, so who knows how it ends up.Very excited to even have a chance at the playoffs, which is a far cry from my previous experiences in these leagues.
Is the Rams owner even playing his games anymore?

We should rename this thread CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League and Official JZA Tracker Thread (Where is he now?)" I feel like it would bring a lot of new interest.

Yeah...so...the CPU Bucs are really bad at tackling... I just had four players rush for 100 yards in this game, lol. I didn't plan on playing my starters much anyway since it was Week 16...and all I'm playing for at this point is a perfect season. But CJ really wanted to get his work in early. He took his first carry 58 yards for a TD...the Bucs went 3 and out...and on his 2nd carry, he almost broke another TD, but ran into a blocker and fell down. HIs 3rd carry was a TD though, and he was done for the day with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter averaging 34 yards per carry, lol.

After that, I just started using different backs and things got stupid. Even my crap ass rookie Davon Armstrong averaged 10 yards a carry with his 95 speed (and like 89 acceleration...using him is like flying a jet...takes forever to get going, then all of a sudden he's the fastest guy on the field).

The Bucs turned the ball over twice in the 4th quarter and were running a hurry up offense down 45-17...and then after it was 52-17, they fumbled a kickoff (on a hit from Kenny Britt...who was playing special teams thanks to being taken out of the game, I guess...thank God he didn't injure himself), and one run later, it was another TD. It was like they were trying to run into my blockers in this one. I had 7 runs of 20 yards or more, and 4 runs of 40 yards or more. Armstrong's 10 ypc was the lowest of the 4 RBs, lol. Just an awful, awful game from the CPU.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 17. Key human vs human games this week are:

Titans (n8rockerasu) vs Bengals (pitfallharry219)

The deadline for this week will be 3/10.

Shit. I was thinking the deadline was today, and like Nate, I've been waiting til the last day to play my games. Or rather, I've attempted to do so. I'm sorry. I have no excuse, but rather 2 words that should explain things to those who know me: WWE Network.

How long should I wait before playing this giants/rams game?
I would say just play it whenever you need to play it. I've generally been waiting till the last day for all of my CPU games anyway (mostly in case I need to get on to put someone on auto). But if you need to play it sooner, that's fine too.

Shit. I was thinking the deadline was today, and like Nate, I've been waiting til the last day to play my games. Or rather, I've attempted to do so. I'm sorry. I have no excuse, but rather 2 words that should explain things to those who know me: WWE Network.
You weren't the only one. pitfallharry didn't play his CPU game either. And Kaster checked out a long time ago, lol. There's really not that many people left.

bread's done
Back