CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

But instead of kicking the field goal, New York decided to push its luck, and Geno Smith threw an INT of his own with 0:05 left in the half.
You neglected to mention that Clyde Gates flat out DROPPED a wide open TD with 0:10 in the 1st half, on the play right before the INT. I almost kicked the FG, too, but figured I'd throw a quick pass and then kick if it was incomplete. Poor decision. I should have run that same play again and hoped Gates caught it the 2nd time. lol

You neglected to mention that Clyde Gates flat out DROPPED a wide open TD with 0:10 in the 1st half, on the play right before the INT. I almost kicked the FG, too, but figured I'd throw a quick pass and then kick if it was incomplete. Poor decision. I should have run that same play again and hoped Gates caught it the 2nd time. lol
Yeah, I did forget about that one. That was a weird play. It was like he slap/dropped it. The ball shot off his hands...and then I thought one of my guys had it...and then nobody had it, haha.

All right, we have advanced to Week 2. Neither the Broncos nor Panthers played their CPU games. You guys do know you have to put the game in to play right? lol ;) Just kidding. I wouldn't really blame either of you at this point if you just wanted to play human games. I'm looking at this entire season as a bonus anyway.

Key human vs human games this week are:

Broncos (KasterDB) vs Titans (n8rockerasu)

Giants (jza1218) vs Panthers (Dark Rider)

The deadline for week 2 will be 4/22.

Giants beat the Panthers, 38-35. Game opened with the Panthers returning the kickoff for a TD and the Giants returned the ensuing kickoff for game-tying TD. The game was a back-and-forth affair and it appeared that the key play was Brandon Tate fumbling a kickoff to give the Panthers a short field before the end of the first half. But after Eli Manning hit Brandon Myers with a 27-yard TD with a minute left, the Giants were able to force a fumble of their own on the kickoff to take over in FG range. The Giants managed to get the Panthers to use up their timeouts, converting a crucial third-and-2 before kicking the winning field goal. Great game, Dark Rider. When I was kicking off to you that last time, I was just hoping to either give up a quick score or force you to OT.

Giants

Eli Manning 23-27, 312 yards, 3 TDs

Mikel LeShoure 13-57, 1 TD

Victor Cruz, 5 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD

Roddy White, 6 catches, 100 yards

Panthers

Kevin Taylor 8-10, 125 yards, 1 TD; 5/93 yards, 1 YD

Kenjon Barner 12-36, 2 TD

Donnie Avery 2 catches, 43 yards

Greg Olsen 2 catches, 32 yards 1 TD

Broncos - 14

Titans - 13

Ugh...the streak is finally over. I just couldn't convert when it counted in this one. From the opening drive, drove down the field...took a hit stick fumble at like the Denver 28. Had no problem getting the ball back, as my defense mostly played well. But the Denver defense just kept getting 3rd down stops when they needed them. I know I punted on his side of the 50 at least twice. Just the way the die kept coming up for me it seemed.

I played with a slim lead from the 2nd half on...and played conservatively...on the logic of "my defense has been great all game". Then, with around a minute left in the game, Bernard Pollard drops what would have been a game sealing INT (to be fair, it was my d's only pass deflection of the game...up against 4 INTs...3 of which were User INTs). Eric Decker ends up rumbling into the endzone with 0:14 left for the win. Just bad plays at the wrong time. Kaster played me tight all game...but it felt like a fighter stealing the round.

Anyway, like I said, I was due for a loss. Good game. Not doing stats...cause, yeah, fuck it, lol. :lol:

EDIT - On the plus side, the connection was perfectly smooth. Nothing to make the game stand out at all...which is how I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa...totally forgot to advance the league today, lol. Holy crap, April has gone by fast. Sorry, guys. We have now advanced to Week 3. Key human vs human games are:

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Packers (Matt Young)

The deadline for Week 3 will be 4/27!

In the last two games, my second-string TE, Bear Pascoe, has 17 pancake blocks. I know on a couple plays he had at least two. He'd put one guy on his ass, and then take off after the CB. :lol: He's a beast in the running game.

Madden tried its damndest to fuck over both Brandon and myself at every turn. The game didn't seem to want either of us to win. Brandon, I'm sorry for breaking Ahmad Bradshaw's collarbone. Never want to see someone go down like that.

Gotta love Madden logic.  Bradshaw fumbles twice on other plays with a carry rating in the mid 90's including an ankle tackle and holds onto the ball when he breaks his collarbone on a huge hit. 

We have advanced to Week 4. Key human vs human games this week are:

Redskins (bfauble83) vs Giants (jza1218)

The deadline for this week will be 5/1.

Good grief, just pulled out a nail biter against the CPU Browns.  Scored a TD as time expired to send it to OT, won the toss and then drove down and got a TD to win.  Never had the lead until the TD in OT to win, defense couldn't cover or tackle anyone.  Didn't think I would be able to get the win this week.

Couldn't get any running game started until the OT drive.  Luck carried the team with 394 yards and 3 TD.

All right, we have advanced to Week 5. Redskins got the sim win over the Giants 33-13. Key human vs human games for this week are:

Broncos (KasterDB) vs Bengals (pitfallharry219)

The deadline for this week will be 5/5. Ha, wow...the week 5 deadline just happened to work out to be 5/5. That's pretty awesome. :)

I'm not going to be able to play my wk 5 game vs whatever CPU team is up next. I'm out of town visiting my dad and won't be back until 5/6.

So I assume we're not going to do any more seasons after this one? I just want to check before I start ignoring my players that want to renegotiate.

Well, I would never say never. We definitely wouldn't just be continuing on to season 4 immediately. But for my situation, the idea of continuing with Madden 25 for next year isn't entirely ridiculous. I really don't know how many people will have any interest in a 360 league at all...even for Madden 15, so that could make getting that game largely pointless. But also, continuing this league for 2-3 people might feel kind of dumb too. If you want to just re-sign your guys as usual, you might as well. Then, we'll see where we stand as August approaches.

Also, we had advanced to Week 6. Key human vs human games this week are:

None

The deadline for Week 6 will be 5/9.

I'm done after this year...I'm actually not even certain that I will be able to finish this season since my gold sub expires in July.

We should be done with the regular season around mid-June, so if you have the desire to play, you should be good to finish this season.

I'd consider another season, especially if we continued with this in lieu of Madden 15. I'm buying Madden 15 for PS4, and the only way I'll consider getting it for Xbox 360 as well would be if there's another year of a full or nearly full CAG league on this system.

I think the more pertinent question rather than who's "done" (ie. needs a break...because I'm sure we all do) is what are people doing for Madden 15? It might be too early for this, and I'm not going to bother with a poll in the OP, but I guess these are the basic options:

A) I'll be buying Madden 15 on Xbox One and only wish to play there

B) I'll be buying Madden 15 on PS4 and only wish to play there

C) I'll be buying Madden 15 on Xbox 360 and would be interested in playing in a league.

D) I would be interested in continuing or even restarting an Xbox 360 Madden 25 league in the fall.

E) fuck Madden. I'm out.

F) Undecided

Honestly, this would be a good survey for "all of CAG Madden" because I'm not sure anybody has much of an idea where people are going to fell in just a few months.

Crap. Guess I missed the game with Kaster. I was thinking I had a bye this week, but I see now it was last week.

As for the vote, I'd have to say C or D for me.

I could say B, C, *and* D. I'm Divergent!

But to reiterate, I am definitely buying Madden 15 for PS4. If there is a full CAG league for Madden 15 on the Xbox 360, I'll probably double dip and hate myself for it on the inside. And even if I buy it for both systems, I'd still consider resuming/restarting on Madden 25 if there are enough people interested in doing that.

I'm probably gonna say C. I always enjoy the new game feeling, and I burned myself out quicker on this game than usual by playing a lot more offline franchise than I ordinarily do.

On a similar note I think I'm done with the league for this year. I tried to get back into it but I just cannot muster the desire. I'm glad my final memory of the game was the intense game I had against Nate (our first smooth connection game ever). I'll still be around and if anyone wants to play FIFA 14 or something, you know where to find me.

Well, I finally decided to trade this in. Getting $22 at GameStop was too tempting. Sorry not to give any warning at all. I was just so sick of this game. I really have grown to hate playing the CPU.

As for the survey, I will almost certainly be buying it on Xbox One. I bought one (no pun intended) a couple of months ago and love it so far.  

Edit: On another note, if anyone is interested in play Xbox One with me, feel free to hit me up. I have Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, and Forza 5. Dead Rising 3 is my favorite so far. 

I would say C or D, and thus, F. I'm not burned out on this edition - I don't have time to play it all that much. I also don't expect to buy a PS4 or XboxOne this year.

I love how Madden makes Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and Gio Bernard all get injured in the same game. Dalton was out for the game, Bernard is out 5 weeks, and Green is out 3, which means he'll miss the Tennessee game.

Sorry for the late advance, guys. Been a busy, high pressure weekend for me, haha. Mine and my wife's anniversary and Mother's Day. Anyway, we have now advanced to Week 7. Not many of us left, but yeah...we'll just push through this season. Key human vs human games this week are:

Titans (n8rockerasu) vs Colts (DarkTower80)

Since I'm so late in the day advancing, the deadline for Week 7 will be 5/15.

Good game, Brandon. I'm not going to post stats because I didn't for my last game when Kaster beat my ass...and I don't want to be "one of those guys", lol. I'm just happy I figured out a way to get the stick out of my butt and stop being so one dimensional. Not wanting to take risks and turn the ball over almost made me afraid to ever throw it, and I think that caught up with me in my last few human games.

Also, Hakeem Nicks is difficult to cover. I thought he was going to have 400 yards receiving after that 1st half, haha.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 8. Key human vs human games this week are:

None

bfauble, you're matched up with the Panthers, and I keep forgetting to boot Dark Rider from the league (and I'm not sure if he's on auto). I'll try to do it tonight.

The deadline for Week 8 is 5/19.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 8. Key human vs human games this week are:

None

bfauble, you're matched up with the Panthers, and I keep forgetting to boot Dark Rider from the league (and I'm not sure if he's on auto). I'll try to do it tonight.

The deadline for Week 8 is 5/19.
If its not too much trouble, could you PM me or post here once he has been put on auto?

Ahh, sorry, man. I totally forgot on Friday and i haven't turned on my 360 since then. Weekends are chaos for me this time of year. My wife had me hauling bags of sand today.

bread's done
Back