CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='mvp828']Dang good luck to you both... I know I had some great games with you both.

Do either of you have the edge in ROW?[/QUOTE]

Last I checked I did, I'm looking at our schedules we play each other one last time which will probably be the deciding game. I'm counting on Edmonton to win one and Detroit to win his game against moojuice as I have a feeling I'll lose my game against PHX and DET. Then again with all the injuries Nashville is taking might be a good idea to throw a few games and get a walk into the second round ;)

also MVP I picked up the 3 other cards after selling a bunch of stuff so all I need now is Lundin. I'm looking through what is available for DET players would the 9th player you're missing be LW J.Murasak, C A.Murray or LD B.Smith?

[quote name='Canbanana']Then again with all the injuries Nashville is taking might be a good idea to throw a few games and get a walk into the second round ;)

I hope Nashville injures all of my players! This game just isn't very fun without having to substitute 60 level players into my 3rd line. While you're at it, I wish you would injure my goalie. I love playing with back ups![/QUOTE]

Why would anybody ask for something like this? All right...if that's what you really want...

If you want me, come get me, banana hammock ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Why would anybody ask for something like this? All right...if that's what you really want...

If you want me, come get me, banana hammock ;)[/QUOTE]

I was merely giving suggestions to moojuice, though now that I think about it.. I should probably rest my top two lines so they're fresh for the playoffs.

All right, we have advanced to the last set of games. It should be pretty easy to get these games done in time, since I think everyone only has 5 of them. A few exciting races going on in both conferences. Good luck to everyone!

The deadline will be 12/3!

[quote name='Canbanana']Last I checked I did, I'm looking at our schedules we play each other one last time which will probably be the deciding game. I'm counting on Edmonton to win one and Detroit to win his game against moojuice as I have a feeling I'll lose my game against PHX and DET. Then again with all the injuries Nashville is taking might be a good idea to throw a few games and get a walk into the second round ;)

also MVP I picked up the 3 other cards after selling a bunch of stuff so all I need now is Lundin. I'm looking through what is available for DET players would the 9th player you're missing be LW J.Murasak, C A.Murray or LD B.Smith?[/QUOTE]

It is Murasak... I actually started looking some more last night and finally saw one and realized that's who it was... The first time I checked there were none and then 20 minutes later somebody had put him up on the auction house.

I also figured out I had what appears to be another rare with Braun from San Jose. I looked last night and there wasn't a single one listed.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Why would anybody ask for something like this? All right...if that's what you really want...

If you want me, come get me, banana hammock ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='mvp828']It is Murasak... [/QUOTE]

did you end up picking him up? cause I am looking at one for 1600 buyout right now and I'd gladly snag him to trade for lundin if you'd like.

[quote name='Canbanana']I was merely giving suggestions to moojuice, though now that I think about it.. I should probably rest my top two lines so they're fresh for the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that I'm going out of town on the 4th, so I am fully expecting my a.i to be thoroughly violated in the first round regardless of who I play.

Also, Min does have the ROW advantage at this point

Probably gonna rest my starters for these last few games. With 2 of top 3 D and 2 top line fwds already out for another 20 games, I can't afford more injuries.

The Div title is my Stanley Cup! I can't see me getting far in the playoffs and as you will probably get done in from being out of town moojuice, it's game on! I won all 3 of my AI games (surprisingly since SJ has been problematic in the past, thanks N8 for taking Havlat out) however I took 2 injuries, Iginla (3g) and Clutterbuck(6g) both being just long enough to mess with me. I should also point out that both injuries were taken within the first 5 mins of 2 dif games. Crazy stuff.

Still 8 points back of SJ for final playoff spot, with 6games to go. However my nemesis The PC controlled Calgary Flames have a home and home to finish the season. Have I mentioned I have 0 wins against PC opponents. A tough hill to climb for sure, but I haven't heard any fat lady yet so there's still time.

Anybody that needs to play the Canucks I will try and be on tonight around 11:15 pm est.

I think I have 2 X Yotes, Oilers, and one against the CPU Flames.

I think I'm in favor of turning injuries off for next season. If the injuries made sense or players were penalized for bad hits that lead to injuries, that would be one thing. But I feel like we're playing a version of NHL Hitz sometimes.

[quote name='jza1218']I think I'm in favor of turning injuries off for next season. If the injuries made sense or players were penalized for bad hits that lead to injuries, that would be one thing. But I feel like we're playing a version of NHL Hitz sometimes.[/QUOTE]

While I definitely agree with this, an interesting point was raised of whether or not the hitting would get worse if injuries were turned off. I guess that assumes that people hold back out of the kindness of their hearts though. Then there was the issue of "managing your roster", which is all well and good. I just don't know how much enjoyment one can gain from losing multiple star players week after week. From a personal perspective, I could easily see myself getting fed up with a second season of the same old injuries and wanting to turn to strictly GM'ing myself.

I really need to look to refresh my memory on what settings options are even available to us. I know that custom sliders were not available at least in their truest sense. I know you could change the "game level" or whatever it's called, from "casual, normal, hardcore, etc." We have it set on normal...but in a 2nd season where we'll just be happy to get through it, I'd definitely be in favor of experimenting to see if we can fix any aspect of this god awful game.

Changing to "hardcore" might make the CPU tougher, but honestly, there are some games where the goalies stop everything anyway. So, it's hard to say if it would really make them that much better. I'd really just love to find a way to max out penalties. I feel like that alone would solve 90% of the problems. Calling penalties right would force people to change the way they play (even with the AI taking penalties...at least we'd all get some experience on the PK or even adjusting team settings to rein the AI in a bit). After that, everything else would fall into line.

My problem with "managing your roster" is that the AI makes stupid decisions and winds up putting players on waivers that you maybe didn't mean to lose. For example I lost Aaron Asham on waivers even though I myself never actually send him down.

Some definition of what the hardcore setting does:

Hardcore has more aggression, less puck control, more fatigue and less hitting power but 0 pass assist and atleast in my GMC league that lack of pass assist is the reason why people doesn't want to play with it.

Hitting might get worse if we turn injuries off, but we'd at least have all our players. I'd rather have that than worry I'm gonna lose Lucic and Horton for 50+ games again on a check.

[quote name='Wpark83']Congrats to Montreal on the President's Trophy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... It's been a good trip with some crazy games in there. It definitely didn't hurt that I have 2 CPUs in my Division.

Also... Looks like you have to pay Carolina that bounty Nate. They knocked out Eller for the season. And when I say "they" I'm not 100% sure. I shot it with him with no one around and then he was lying on the ice dead and no body around. It's like there's some ghost roaming the center ice and cross checking everyone who dare shoots it.

voodoo-doll_163.jpg

Yeah hardcore sucks for passing. I could almost understand fourth liners not completing a single pass, but even A+ superstars cannot complete a pass to save their lives, so I would vote against hardcore if it was up for consideration.

Nate, can you get on late (11:00 PM or after) either tonight or tomorrow for our games? Sunday may be more open but I'm not sure yet.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah hardcore sucks for passing. I could almost understand fourth liners not completing a single pass, but even A+ superstars cannot complete a pass to save their lives, so I would vote against hardcore if it was up for consideration.

Nate, can you get on late (11:00 PM or after) either tonight or tomorrow for our games? Sunday may be more open but I'm not sure yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll most likely be on late both tonight and tomorrow. Tonight, I'll probably being playing some club games. But tomorrow is definitely wide open.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I'll most likely be on late both tonight and tomorrow. Tonight, I'll probably being playing some club games. But tomorrow is definitely wide open.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good then. I'll check for you tomorrow night!

I am totally for turning off injuries. Hits that cause injuries that are behind the play are killing this league. I just lost Malkin for the playoffs on a cheap shot without the puck. It cost me a goal too because of the whistle. That is also how I lost Letang for most of the season too.

Went 4-1 so far in my last set, only got you left Canbanana.

Looks like you gotta win three straight, or win two and get into OT in our game.

#nopressureoranythinglikethat

Just wrapped up my season with a shootout win over Minnesota. The Wild are in control of their own destiny for the division, needing 3 points in their next two to win the Northwest on ROW tiebreaker

Man, injury bug came back this last set, lost three in 5 games.

Buffalo and Washington... I'll be on for most the night, so just shoot me a message when you want to play and I'll switch over.

Well looks like mr hockey clinched that last playoff spot with Florida in the east. It was a good race down the end. Even if I win all 3 games he has the row advantage. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

Colorado are NW champs, on a side note why is it teams insist on playing their backup goalies against me and they end up turning out fantastic performances hummmmm... none the less grats to all who made the playoffs. See you soon N8rockerasu!

[quote name='Canbanana']Colorado are NW champs, on a side note why is it teams insist on playing their backup goalies against me and they end up turning out fantastic performances hummmmm... none the less grats to all who made the playoffs. See you soon N8rockerasu![/QUOTE]

The fans in Nashville have their signs ready...
25-banana.jpg
url.jpg

:lol:

[quote name='Canbanana']Colorado are NW champs, on a side note why is it teams insist on playing their backup goalies against me and they end up turning out fantastic performances hummmmm... none the less grats to all who made the playoffs. See you soon N8rockerasu![/QUOTE]

Hahaha, yeah man...Gustavson made some unbelievable saves. Gonna be a great first round series between you two.

I think I ran Halak against you once or twice.

[quote name='ajh2298']PHX and EDM owners I can be on tonight at like 11:00 pm est does that work for either of you?[/QUOTE]

Tonight I can be on by 10:00 pm est if I dont hear back from you I am going to assume its fair game to play your CPU.

Have you tried PMing either of them or sending a msg om Xbox? I'm pretty sure I saw phoenix online last night.

Also, to you and Chicago, ill get matched up with on of you for round 1, go ahead and play my CPU.

[quote name='moojuice']Have you tried PMing either of them or sending a msg om Xbox? I'm pretty sure I saw phoenix online last night.

Also, to you and Chicago, ill get matched up with on of you for round 1, go ahead and play my CPU.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did but I also like to post on here also if there is any issues and to cover all the bases.

[quote name='moojuice']Have you tried PMing either of them or sending a msg om Xbox? I'm pretty sure I saw phoenix online last night.

Also, to you and Chicago, ill get matched up with on of you for round 1, go ahead and play my CPU.[/QUOTE]

It sucks that you will be out of town after putting together such a strong season. Is it possible for us to vote on delaying the start of the playoffs so everyone can make it? I mean what's one more week?

As much as I would have loved to play and appreciate the gesture, I don't want to hold up the league. Besides, just getting the Avs back into the playoffs was my main goal, so I'm happy with that lol

bread's done
Back