CAGLS: Official NHL 14 Online Franchise - Random Rosters - Play ALL Human Opponents - Schedule Section #5 Due 4/9!

I'm about 95% sure I set this to off when creating the league because I didn't want stuff like that to happen. Not sure if it has to be set on an individual level though.

If it's not that, it would have to be a byproduct of just simming the games and all the injuries that occur. If it gets to the point where your team is ineligible to play because of not having enough position players, simming forward may force the CPU to move somebody. Either way, there's no good solution. "Hey, if you don't like it...play 82 games per season + playoffs...in 3-4 months. Oh, and then do that again 1-2 more times. Oh, and while you're playing, you're going to get trolled by the CPU teams, and half of your players are going to get injured. Have a good time!"

Just to give everybody a good laugh, I came across this while browsing through the menus trying to see if there was anything I could do to move players around with all the injuries (since you can't send them down).[customspoiler='#orlyEA']
4w5o.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Great based on that picture I'm going to have half of St. Louis out near the end of the season or both goaltenders unless this is the season I get lucky. Seems like that is how it worked for St. Louis in the past.

Just played Darktower and Halak showed up!!!  Well till about the end of the second.  In one of my two games against the computer I lost Jackman.  I decided to move Halak down and bring Allen up so I will be running him from now on.  

Sorry, guys. I forgot to advance us last night....and this is the first time I've been on my 360 today. But we have advanced to the next section of the schedule. Here's the games that did not get played this last block.

Boston: None

Buffalo: None

Chicago: None

Colorado: None

Detroit: Islanders (RevCottonMarcus)

Los Angeles: Canucks (CPU), Sharks (CPU), Flames (CPU) - Final warning, Matt. If you don't care to play, just say so.

Nashville: None

NY Islanders: Red Wings (AttackingMVP), Capitals (CPU) - No games played again...seriously, dude. Don't sign up for any of my leagues again. Waste of time.

NY Rangers: None

St. Louis: None

The deadline for the next section of games will be 11/29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final warning? Til this block, I'd been playing every game except the one vs. Brandon where neither of us realized we were playing til it was too late.

Anyway, I hadn't played yet since I thought tomorrow was the deadline. I got mixed up between the 2 Madden leagues and this one. Simple as that. It wasn't intentional. I'm sorry.

Final warning? Til this block, I'd been playing every game except the one vs. Brandon where neither of us realized we were playing til it was too late.

Anyway, I hadn't played yet since I thought tomorrow was the deadline. I got mixed up between the 2 Madden leagues and this one. Simple as that. It wasn't intentional. I'm sorry.
Well...there was the one against me and the one against the CPU Oilers too. I'm not saying I'm going to kick you out tomorrow or anything. I'm just tired of requesting that people participate in the league they signed up for. Each of the last two advancements, I've gotten rid of people who didn't play any games in either of the last two blocks. I'm just saying, don't let that be you.

Honestly, it was pointed out to me that you still haven't enabled CPU play for your team either...which means people couldn't play you even if they wanted to. Really, that's a bigger issue because it means it holds someone else up. Ultimately, I don't care and it's nothing to make a big deal about. But we're all here to play games. So, let's play them.

All computer games this block of games.  3 I can play 3 that i can not.  Hoping for good luck with injuries.  

Trade incoming:

Rangers send: G Henrik Lundqvist, Age 31, 91 overall, makes 6.675 million, is an UFA after the season, potential 4.5 stars (white)

Flames send: 2014 second-round pick

LW Seven Baertschi, age 21, 78 overall, makes 1.425 million for two years, potential 4.5 stars (yellow)

C Sean Monahan, age 19, 77 overall, makes 1.75 million for three years, potential 4.5 stars (yellow)

Rangers cap room $0.207 M

Flames cap room $10.82 M

Struggling to get to .500, the Rangers get an infusion of youth with the potential to be Top 6 or better players while the Flames, 4 points back of the playoffs in the West, get a Vezina caliber goalie whom they can afford to resign if they wish.

The one against you wasn't anyone's fault. Just miscommunication. But I will check my league schedule today before playing with my EASHL team and send out PM's to any potential human opponents.

Is that the only 3rd Jersey code out?

I saw some comments about waivers, I'm surprised I didn't see halak put on one. I moved him down to the wolves due to how bad him and Elliott have been playing for me. I figured if they are going to let in the goals they are I'm running Allen.

Well I got that elusive 5th injury that we didn't know was possible, sigh. I lost Vanek in my game against CPU Montreal. This is really testing my patience with this game. That, and Miller let in 7 goals on 17 shots. Thank god his injury is only for 6 games or else I probably would've been done with this league. He's got like 26 goals and nobody else does shit so I wasn't looking forward to a season without him.

Is that the only 3rd Jersey code out?

I saw some comments about waivers, I'm surprised I didn't see halak put on one. I moved him down to the wolves due to how bad him and Elliott have been playing for me. I figured if they are going to let in the goals they are I'm running Allen.
I saw Halak on waivers during the last period but didn't claim him cause I figured it was a mistake (probably should've claimed him lol).

And does anybody else notice how the CPU scores those bullshit wrap-around goals at 100% efficiency? It's infuriating when u have the guy trapped behind the net and he miraculously skates out in front at full speed, untouched and goes top shelf EVERY TIME.

I finally decided to quit the league. I just can't stand this game and I honestly think NHL13 was better. This is probably my last NHL game until I pick up a PS4. I had no problems with anyone in the league and good luck to you all going forward.

Fare thee well Twick. I can completely understand personally. I find the on-ice play better in 14, but there are so many things that didn't improve that it's ridiculous.

I'm about to join Twick.  I'm doing everything I can to stay.  The fact that I can't tell any difference with Halak or Allen in the net is sad when their ratings are so different.  I'm going to stick with it, but might not make it to season 2.  It also depends on the injuries that I end up with between now and then.

I finally decided to quit the league. I just can't stand this game and I honestly think NHL13 was better. This is probably my last NHL game until I pick up a PS4. I had no problems with anyone in the league and good luck to you all going forward.
Sorry to see that. I'm here for the long haul with this game. I still think it's better than NHL 13...but with each new tuner, that becomes more and more marginal. This game at least has stretches where it plays somewhat normal. You'll have clean goals, penalties called properly, sort of competent AI, etc. It's usually very fleeting, but I still think it happens more than it did in 13.

Even in EASHL, the CAG team is 9-1 in our last 10 games...giving us the sense that we're actually being rewarded for playing well. It won't last, of course. But it's something. But yeah...marginally better, lol. That's about as good as EA can do.

Here's the thing, unless you're going to trade the game in, I don't really see the point in quitting. Most of the games people get frustrated by are against the CPU ...so that's not going to be any different in a single player mode. At least there is a "support group" here for us to get through it together. But if people would actually rather have no hockey at all, yeah, I can't really argue there.

Sendme, you you are my only human opponent this block. I can play most days between 3:30-9:00 P.M. Pacific time if we set something up.

Here's the thing, unless you're going to trade the game in, I don't really see the point in quitting. Most of the games people get frustrated by are against the CPU ...so that's not going to be any different in a single player mode. At least there is a "support group" here for us to get through it together. But if people would actually rather have no hockey at all, yeah, I can't really argue there.
The only reason I would keep it would be for the online head to head or HUT. I don't think I can bring myself to play the CPU again.

Matt, I'm good any night but tomorrowas long as it is after 5:30 central.

N8 I'm going to stick it out pending the injuries. If they get to ridiculous then I'm out.

As for the code I have yet to log on so I haven't tried it.

LMAO...what is this game doing? I just beat CPU Dallas and injured Ray Whitney in the 1st period. So, then of course, Shea Weber started getting highlighted for his "devastating hits"...7 times. His name was put on the screen 7 times throughout the rest of the game and every time, the second hit they showed was him injuring Whitney. How does EA not notice this stuff? That's not even game breaking...but obviously it's not right. Watch Whitney only be out 2 games or something now, haha.

Did we advance? I haven't checked?
No. I haven't put NHL in since Friday and I didn't even remember that was our advance day when we played. I'll do it tonight for sure. Busy holiday weekends are the exact reason managing a league from an app/website is a must in this day and age. It's sad that even Madden beats NHL in this regard. But hey...goalie fights...

Ok, we have advanced. Sorry again, guys. If this could be done from a mobile device, it would have been a lot easier. Anyway, these are the games that didn't get played this block.

Buffalo: None (good for Twick even though he dropped shortly afterward)

Detroit: None

Los Angeles: None

St. Louis: None (um...it looks like shazo even played the 3 games against Eastern Conference teams. You're not supposed to do that.)

But yeah...how about that? All games were played this time. Actually, TOO MANY games were played, lol. I was not expecting that at the end. It's nice to see people participating though. We don't have many teams left, but maybe the ones we have left are committed, and that will make a difference.

The deadline for the next set of games will be 12/6!

I thought we could play the CPU if we wanted on for the other Conference?
It was brought up one time as a topic for discussion, but was mostly decided against and never developed any further.

Considering you've sat out some other games, this one instance isn't a big deal. But for future reference, it's still conference games only. Even playing games against opposing conference CPU teams would cause you to play well over 50 games per season (especially considering the Eastern Conference only has 3 human teams right now).

It makes no sense to burn people out on one season. With people dropping like flies as it is, I'd urge everyone to pace themselves. Actually managing your team's free agents, player development, draft, etc. could end up beign more fun than playing this game. So, it would be a shame for most of the league to not even make it that far.

After seeing that video Allen kept it at a 1-0 game when Halak and Elliot can't do that, seeing how it didn't go off the stick like it should have Handzus should be dead.  Good job EA.  Still trying to figure out how Allen can keep the score at just 2 and Elliot and Halak would have let in about half of the shots.  I hope this game gets better on next gen.

All right, we've advanced to the next section of the schedule. These are the games that did not get played.

Detroit: Maple Leafs (CPU), NY Islanders (CPU), Panthers (CPU) - Not sure if this was a Thanksgiving hangover or what, but hopefully it doesn't become a recurring thing.

Good job, guys! Outside of an odd occurrence with mvp, I think we're in a good groove now. Hopefully we can keep that up.

Just one thing I wanted to mention, several people have noticed Boston rewriting the record books and basically destroying all opponents. Now, this is a little tough to measure since there are only 2 other human teams in the Eastern conference. But I do hope that Cikas is playing a realistic style of hockey, and not just skating down the ice looking for one shot against hapless AI.

The CPU is obviously ripe to be exploited and of course they're going to get blown out. But it would be in your best interest not to ruthlessly rape and pillage and take advantage of bad programming. This may not be what's happening at all. But the numbers Boston is putting up is drawing attention. As long as the playstyle is realistic though, we won't have a problem.

The deadline for this next section will be 12/11.

All right, we've advanced to the next section of the schedule. These are the games that did not get played.

Detroit: Maple Leafs (CPU), NY Islanders (CPU), Panthers (CPU) - Not sure if this was a Thanksgiving hangover or what, but hopefully it doesn't become a recurring thing.

Good job, guys! Outside of an odd occurrence with mvp, I think we're in a good groove now. Hopefully we can keep that up.

Just one thing I wanted to mention, several people have noticed Boston rewriting the record books and basically destroying all opponents. Now, this is a little tough to measure since there are only 2 other human teams in the Eastern conference. But I do hope that Cikas is playing a realistic style of hockey, and not just skating down the ice looking for one shot against hapless AI.

The CPU is obviously ripe to be exploited and of course they're going to get blown out. But it would be in your best interest not to ruthlessly rape and pillage and take advantage of bad programming. This may not be what's happening at all. But the numbers Boston is putting up is drawing attention. As long as the playstyle is realistic though, we won't have a problem.

The deadline for this next section will be 12/11.
Yea, my fault... I wasn't paying attention to the damn advancement date. I should have fricking played them yesterday morning when I was on NHL instead of playing HUT.

On a side note... I have never had nor do I intend to have a relationship with cocaine, but I feel like this game has a similar grasp on me with HUT. Oh I fucking hate myself for playing it, but I keep coming back.

I did have a run in with what I think might be the most games I had ever seen someone had played in HUT. I played him a few days ago and on the loading screen where it shows the player who each team has played the most games with, the guy I was playing had over 734 games played with his player (I think it was Kronwall). Now granted as of right now I am sitting at an overall of 400 games played exactly, and 301 of those have been in HUT seasons, but I figured it out and that guy is averaging about 9 games played a day! I don't think I could do that no matter how much I liked this game.

Lol, can't make this shit up.  Apparently a broken ankle only sidelines you for the rest of the game.  Had my 4th line rw get checked after he had passed the puck and got hurt with a broken ankle but after the game he isn't on the injured list and shows as healthy in my lineup.

Yea, my fault... I wasn't paying attention to the damn advancement date. I should have fricking played them yesterday morning when I was on NHL instead of playing HUT.

On a side note... I have never had nor do I intend to have a relationship with cocaine, but I feel like this game has a similar grasp on me with HUT. Oh I fucking hate myself for playing it, but I keep coming back.

I did have a run in with what I think might be the most games I had ever seen someone had played in HUT. I played him a few days ago and on the loading screen where it shows the player who each team has played the most games with, the guy I was playing had over 734 games played with his player (I think it was Kronwall). Now granted as of right now I am sitting at an overall of 400 games played exactly, and 301 of those have been in HUT seasons, but I figured it out and that guy is averaging about 9 games played a day! I don't think I could do that no matter how much I liked this game.
Yeah, we've run into EASHL teams that are like that...which is even worse in my opinion, since it means at least two people are co-ordinating and playing together. But yeah...teams that play 300-400 games each month. And if you go back to NHL 11, EA got rid of the multiple locker room format (allowing clubs to have more than one game taking place simultaneously) so teams wouldn't rack up a crazy number of games. But we've seen teams that have mottos of "Do not play without a captain" and teams that have told us about having shifts for when each of them play. It's truly ridiculous the amount of effort people will go through to stay at the top of a leaderboard.

Lol, can't make this shit up. Apparently a broken ankle only sidelines you for the rest of the game. Had my 4th line rw get checked after he had passed the puck and got hurt with a broken ankle but after the game he isn't on the injured list and shows as healthy in my lineup.
I thought I saw this happen when I injured Ray Whitney a few weeks back. They kept talking about how serious the injury was, and I don't remember if I checked in game to see what it was or not. But once I finished the game, I scrolled through team's injuries, and he wasn't listed. Maybe it's the "realism" of misdiagnosis, lol. Maybe for NHL 15, we'll get "Be A Team Trainer". Just give us something new, EA! We're that desperate! :lol:

Bumping this back to the first page... How does Boston only have 1 regulation loss? Unless he's played a lot more games than he's supposed to, that doesn't seem plausible.

Bumping this back to the first page... How does Boston only have 1 regulation loss? Unless he's played a lot more games than he's supposed to, that doesn't seem plausible.
I've been keeping up with every section of the schedule to see which games were played and which weren't. He's only played the games he should have played. Just seems to be a case of "not only is he destroying human opponents, but EA is helping him out with the sims as well." The only time anybody has played a game they weren't supposed to was when sendme mistakenly played 2 games against Eastern Conference teams. He's been perfect since then though...and nobody else has played the wrong team a single time.

bread's done
Back