Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

Ive been using the M40A3 for sniping. I just did a level where some guy was on the rooftop. I held in the left analog, and shot at his head, then 3 more into his body and nothing. I dunno whats going on. But its really frustrating to see dead on shots counting as misses.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ive been using the M40A3 for sniping. I just did a level where some guy was on the rooftop. I held in the left analog, and shot at his head, then 3 more into his body and nothing. I dunno whats going on. But its really frustrating to see dead on shots counting as misses.[/QUOTE]

not sure what the deal is with that, the m40 is quite possibly the most accurate sniper rifle in the game (easily best bolt action). look at the connections in the room,it could be you lagging or the other person lagging as well. i have played against a guy who had a red connection, ran through 4 people shooting him without juggernaut before finally being brought down by a grenade. i know i don't hit every shot, but my accuracy is high for both of my accounts considering i use all weapons but shotguns (23.60+ and 25+), so me and 3 others shooting should be enough to bring someone down.

Man those helicopters can be a pain. I can see if you are in the middle of plain site. But its just wrong when you get inside a building and somehow it can see you and kill you through the walls.

Try using Stopping Power for the M40A3. It is possibly the best sniper I have used. (Yes, better than the .50 Caliber.)

Also be sure to hold your breath and keep your crosshair still on your target. The longer you place the crosshair still on your target the more accurate it is. Just not too long or you'll get out-gunned. Some of my friends are big Halo 3 fans and when they started playing COD4 they ended up being horrible at sniping. Halo 3 sniping is possibly the most unrealistic Sniping experience ever. Possibly because they're super-soilders and the gravity is altered. Otherwise, snipers need to be balanced and still before being shot, or the bullet would curve. It's almost impossible to shoot well without holding your breath, expecially on the M40.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Man those helicopters can be a pain. I can see if you are in the middle of plain site. But its just wrong when you get inside a building and somehow it can see you and kill you through the walls.[/QUOTE]

I have found that this generally happens if the opposing team also has a UAV going during a helicopter raid. Without the UAV, it happens much less frequently.

I hate that you get gunned down when your are in a guile suit... lying prone... in good cover... with a smoke round covering your position.

Someone was saying last night that you get targeted by the Helicopter first if you are on a turret, or if you have an RPG. I don't know if this is the case or not, but it would make sense.

[quote name='DCriminal']I have found that this generally happens if the opposing team also has a UAV going during a helicopter raid. Without the UAV, it happens much less frequently.

I hate that you get gunned down when your are in a guile suit... lying prone... in good cover... with a smoke round covering your position.

Someone was saying last night that you get targeted by the Helicopter first if you are on a turret, or if you have an RPG. I don't know if this is the case or not, but it would make sense.[/QUOTE]

i think it tends to hunt down the person with either the highest score or kill/death on the other team to be honest. whenever i am having an off game where i am in the middle of the pack only positive by a couple, the helicopter usually leaves me alone. whenever i have the highest score or have something like 15-0 and the enemy helicopter comes in, i usually die anywhere from 1-5 times by one helicopter. now if you are shooting at it, it does tend to fire back at you the most, but that is just my experiences with helicopters (which explains why my helicopters only get 1-2 kills on average before flying away even with constant UAV's online).

Yeah, I can't find the page I read it at, but the chopper will target the best player on the team, but that will be instantly replaced by anyone on a turret or aiming an RPG at it, followed by anyone in sight shooting at it.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, I can't find the page I read it at, but the chopper will target the best player on the team, but that will be instantly replaced by anyone on a turret or aiming an RPG at it, followed by anyone in sight shooting at it.[/QUOTE]

that sounds about right other than in my case... even when i have people firing rpg's and lmg's at it, it still seems to chase me down until it either gets taken down or it leaves. i just hate helicopters all around for some reason now. it rarely ever gets me any kills (barely enough for even a UAV) yet whenever someone else in the room calls one in (doesn't matter who) it gets anywhere from 3-7 kills for a teammate or targets me. it was like when i had 2 helicopters on vacant and the enemy was outside, i got a grand total of 1 kill between the two helicopters and they didn't even get shot down. my teammate calls one after my second one leaves (i was the only one that had one at the time) and their helicopter gets 5 freaking kills!

Well i just made it to level 55, im about 5,000 points away from being able to prestige. But im not sure if i want to or not. One way of thinking about it is if i can beat my old time it took to prestige. Decisions

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well i just made it to level 55, im about 5,000 points away from being able to prestige. But im not sure if i want to or not. One way of thinking about it is if i can beat my old time it took to prestige. Decisions[/quote]

Do it, Do it, Do it...

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well i just made it to level 55, im about 5,000 points away from being able to prestige. But im not sure if i want to or not. One way of thinking about it is if i can beat my old time it took to prestige. Decisions[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to anyone who tells you to do it. Decide on your own. Just don't decide too late. Otherwise all of those points you kept on level 55 could of gone to a new prestige.

I'd say do it, I was against it but ended up prestiging as soon as I hit 55 last week. I used the M16 with red dot most of the time anyway so it's not like I was missing out on much by starting over since you get that back so quickly. It's more fun to keep leveling up and unlocking stuff again.

[quote name='twen']Don't listen to anyone who tells you to do it. Decide on your own. Just don't decide too late. Otherwise all of those points you kept on level 55 could of gone to a new prestige.[/quote]

as much crap as you gave me, and kicked me out of games for not prestiging you're going to say that????!!!!:lol: You better prestige or we're gonna kick you out of games till you do.:) but seriously man, do it. it took me forever to get to 55 and I've gotten back up to 31 in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I second that. I originally considered not prestiging but have enjoyed the challenge and have found that every prestige I have found a new favorite weapon. Don't know if I'll ever make it to a Gold Cross but at least I'll have fun trying.

[quote name='gravytrn99']as much crap as you gave me, and kicked me out of games for not prestiging you're going to say that????!!!!:lol:[/QUOTE]

I can say whatever now that they've kicked me out of playing completely.

Well i got level 55 and maxed it out. Took 2 days 8 hours and 48 minutes. I did play a lot of team death match for most of this. I dunno if i want to prestige or not though. I like the 5 star medal better than the rest. Especially better than the next rank medal i would get. Plus i would rather work on getting the other patterns like Tiger, and Gold guns.

PS. If i go to prestige and hit A does it automatically do it for me? Or is there another screen that explains what happens if i do it?

[quote name='The 7th Number']
PS. If i go to prestige and hit A does it automatically do it for me? Or is there another screen that explains what happens if i do it?[/QUOTE]

Yep, you get a info screen and a chance to not do it, or keep going.

[quote name='Khondor']Yep, you get a info screen and a chance to not do it, or keep going.[/quote]

Hey, I thought you were going to sleep :whistle2:k

[quote name='woodcan']Hey, I thought you were going to sleep :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Never said sleep ;)
I was just too tired to focus tonight so i decide to just chill.

Yeah, I definitely understand, Khondor.

We gotta get some 4v4 action on Gears, though. Well, once I get some fluids back into myself. Not those fluids. Maybe. Not now. Later?

*vanishes*

[quote name='SoulReaver']Played about 5 1/2 days worth of COD4 online and just got on my 5th prestige. Geez does this take forever.[/QUOTE]

It took me something around 12 days to get to the 10th, so you're right on track.

i was one of the reasons that grvytrain prestiged. everytime he joined my party, i asked him when he was going to do it. and almost begged him to lol.

and then he finally did during the dbl exp :D

i was so proud of him :D

i feel so loved...

actually it was just before the double exp point weekend. but that was the main reason I did it, well, other than the constant begging by Blood Covenent.

I personally don't think prestiging is for everyone. If you're the kind of person who gets on the game something like once a week for a couple hours I wouldn't see prestiging as something terribly important.

However, if you're playing 2-3 nights a week for hours on end then theres no reason not to.

[quote name='gravytrn99']i feel so loved...

actually it was just before the double exp point weekend. but that was the main reason I did it, well, other than the constant begging by Blood Covenent.[/quote]

*take a train to happy town*

*woot*
*woot*

by the way, i'll be on at, and around 11pm ish.

[quote name='xcoax']I personally don't think prestiging is for everyone. If you're the kind of person who gets on the game something like once a week for a couple hours I wouldn't see prestiging as something terribly important.

However, if you're playing 2-3 nights a week for hours on end then theres no reason not to.[/quote]

apb6tf.gif

hahahaha, excuse me, let me edit that.

If you're playing 2-3 days a week for hours a night and your name isn't chasemurata theres no reason not to. I'm basing my arguement on The 7th Number's question to be honest.

I only play a couple nights a week, but I've had fun with prestiging as it's still more fun to have something to work towards eventhough I have no intention of getting anywhere near 10th prestige! :D

[quote name='xcoax']I personally don't think prestiging is for everyone. If you're the kind of person who gets on the game something like once a week for a couple hours I wouldn't see prestiging as something terribly important.

However, if you're playing 2-3 nights a week for hours on end then theres no reason not to.[/quote]

I play about 4+ hours a day when i dont have plans. But its going to take me forever to get 150 head shots with all weapons. Not to mention other challenges. This is why im not going to prestige, i dont really see a need to for me.

I can tell you from experience that going for the headshots is boring and tedious as hell. I may get 20+ kills in a game, but only two of them will be headshots. Once you get all the weapons you're good at done, the others just suck ass trying to do.

bare bones TDM for the win! i can't stand most of the perks in the game anyways, stopping power no longer cancels out juggernaut (seems like it has 0 actual affect now), no more 3x frag noobs, no more martyrdom noobs or grenade launcher noobs. OMG, i think i could actually feel like i am playing a whole new game here.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']bare bones TDM for the win! i can't stand most of the perks in the game anyways, stopping power no longer cancels out juggernaut (seems like it has 0 actual affect now), no more 3x frag noobs, no more martyrdom noobs or grenade launcher noobs. OMG, i think i could actually feel like i am playing a whole new game here.[/quote]
its not out yet is it?

The only one that looks rather meh is the multibomb S&D. I know we've tried it in a few private matches and basically the defending team has little to no chance of winning ever. That, and the bomb is planted within the first 10 seconds of the match pretty much every time.

I just wish they would have added a few more options for nine player team games, as the standard Domination and TDM ground wars have gotten kinda boring.

[quote name='xcoax']The only one that looks rather meh is the multibomb S&D. I know we've tried it in a few private matches and basically the defending team has little to no chance of winning ever. That, and the bomb is planted within the first 10 seconds of the match pretty much every time.

I just wish they would have added a few more options for nine player team games, as the standard Domination and TDM ground wars have gotten kinda boring.[/QUOTE]

i think any other mode in ground war just wouldn't work well other than MAYBE headquarters. if they did a barebones for every gametype, i think you could include something like this into ground war since there would be no 3x frag or martyrdom to ruin it like HQ now. S&D could be alright for ground war, but imagine 9 players with overkill grenade launchers... how easy would it be to spam the entire map with grenade launcher shots in the beginning? there is no way i would ever play sabotage in a ground war either, it would be a 20 minute deathmatch no doubt (it is hard enough to spawn them away with only 6).

multibomb S&D is a really bad idea if you ask me, it is hard enough to split into two groups to defend for one bomb, i can't imagine being the last person alive against two enemies that can both plant a bomb.

by the way blood covenent, no it isn't already out, what kind of question was that? i was simply saying i can't wait for it, i will never play normal team deathmatch again because of what i mentioned in my last post. personally i think they should make barebones for every gametype, not just deathmatch.

If you play hardcore team deathmatch, does it count toward your headshots if you shoot one of your guys?

Just looking for an easier way to rack up headshots, or course with their permission. :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']If you play hardcore team deathmatch, does it count toward your headshots if you shoot one of your guys?

Just looking for an easier way to rack up headshots, or course with their permission. :D[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't, but the easiest way is to do cage matches (though you will have to expect to die just as much). people in there basically only play it for challenges.

That makes sense. At least then someone cant kill me, or kill the guy im about to snipe, before i get him. LOL. Personally im loving snipers. Especially on hardcore deathmatch because its always one shot kill. In the non hardcore you have to shoot their bodies at least twice. I unlocked the Blue Tiger print for the first sniper gun. I think i have about 86 headshots.

[quote name='The 7th Number']That makes sense. At least then someone cant kill me, or kill the guy im about to snipe, before i get him. LOL. Personally im loving snipers. Especially on hardcore deathmatch because its always one shot kill. In the non hardcore you have to shoot their bodies at least twice. I unlocked the Blue Tiger print for the first sniper gun. I think i have about 86 headshots.[/QUOTE]

very nice on the blue tiger for the m40, it is a great sniper. i personally don't play hardcore because the one shot kills make everyone afraid to move basically. i have the golden dragunov on my original account (all headshots completed for all snipers), but it took a decent amount of time to do. i didn't go for gold weapons until i finished prestiging though and got two of them before i got entirely bored.

If im playing hardcore team deathmatch and someone shoots one of my partner with a last stand perk, to the point where he is in the last stand mode. Does me shooting him to finish him off save the points from going to the other team?

BTW, when someone is in last stand mode and starts spinning around, its hilarious. Like they are breakdancing. :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']If im playing hardcore team deathmatch and someone shoots one of my partner with a last stand perk, to the point where he is in the last stand mode. Does me shooting him to finish him off save the points from going to the other team?

BTW, when someone is in last stand mode and starts spinning around, its hilarious. Like they are breakdancing. :D[/quote]

Yes.

Can someone please help me ASAP. Im trying to get the 2nd intel in the level "One Shot, One Kill". The doors on this apartment is supposed to open when the heli comes. Now it did the first time, but a load of guys came out and i died. Now ive tried it twice since then and both times the doors wont open, the heli flies away, and i lose. I hate this level too. So whats going on?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can someone please help me ASAP. Im trying to get the 2nd intel in the level "One Shot, One Kill". The doors on this apartment is supposed to open when the heli comes. Now it did the first time, but a load of guys came out and i died. Now ive tried it twice since then and both times the doors wont open, the heli flies away, and i lose. I hate this level too. So whats going on?[/quote]

Nevermind i got it, but it took at least 7 times to finally get those doors to open again.

Speaking of the playlists. The original plan was to hopefully have them out by the weekend if QA went well., regretfully through we’ve found some critical bugs in the new playlists today that is making a weekend release look bleak. Regardless of QA, the playlist descriptions are still in translation, so we’ll have to wait on that no matter what. I’ll keep you guys updated on how continued QA goes and the progress of working around any issues that may arise.

Considering the new Playlists were set for this weekend, I suppose with the new delay they will be released next weekend. Yay! :bouncy:

bread's done
Back