Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

I sent you a Friend Request as well... I play quite a bit during the day usually. Just right now I am in a computer lab trying to get a paper done.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wow. Well being that I go to a semi-lax state school and I'm majoring in Communications, I'm not sure I'll have stuff quite as bad as that.

To stay on topic though, I took down all your gamertags, and I'll be sure to add you when Live goes back up[/quote]

Hehehe... I have a degree in Journalism. Hello, fellow communications major!
2r21yqx.jpg

I'll be sure to add you when I get home. And please call me Chase.
4i29tk.gif
Only those who ram me with airplanes need call me Kong.
b9hj6f.gif

[quote name='Chase']Hehehe... I have a degree in Journalism. Hello, fellow communications major!
2r21yqx.jpg

4i29tk.gif
b9hj6f.gif
[/quote]

I think JudasDong or KongDong would have been better.

[quote name='Chase']Hehehe... I have a degree in Journalism. Hello, fellow communications major!
2r21yqx.jpg

4i29tk.gif
b9hj6f.gif
[/quote]

lol, I'll try to remember that. I wasn't playing so hot today. Maybe I'll do a bit better tonight.

I'm taking Broadcast journalism, but only because it's the closest thing they had to radio...

[quote name='woodcan']I think JudasDong or KongDong would have been better.[/quote]

I originally wanted PenisMcFrenchmen, but XBL wouldn't have it. Nazis.

[quote name='lolwut?']lol, I'll try to remember that. I wasn't playing so hot today. Maybe I'll do a bit better tonight.

I'm taking Broadcast journalism, but only because it's the closest thing they had to radio...[/quote]

Ah okay. I went with Print Journalism due to my love of writing. :D

I haven't played in weeks. So, I doubt you'll do as bad as I do when I log into Live tonight. :cold:

[quote name='Chase']Ah okay. I went with Print Journalism due to my love of writing. :D

I haven't played in weeks. So, I doubt you'll do as bad as I do when I log into Live tonight. :cold:[/quote]

Teachers say I'm good at writing, but I'm not a fan.

And don't worry, I'll make you look good ;)

I got my Bachelor's in Journalism (news-editorial, so print). Didn't dig working at a paper much, so went to grad school for Criminology as I had go interested in that from minoring in Sociology. Have my Master's and close to finishing up my Ph D. Still get to write, but now it's scholarly articles rather than news articles!

[quote name='dmaul1114']I got my Bachelor's in Journalism (news-editorial, so print). Didn't dig working at a paper much, so went to grad school for Criminology as I had go interested in that from minoring in Sociology. Have my Master's and close to finishing up my Ph D. Still get to write, but now it's scholarly articles rather than news articles![/quote]

Hey dmaul! Want to skip a prenup and get married? :cool:?

[quote name='lolwut?']Shanlynn82
fleshribbon
Simon D I
JudasKong

Added all you guys. Guess none of you are on right now, but I am![/quote]

That totally threw me off for a second! I was like "who in the heck is JudasKong??" ;) I forgot about the stealthy name change event! :cool:

I don't know when I'll be on lolwut, but I am normally a night person! ;) So I get on in the evenings ... but have been pretty busy of late! :p Will hopefully catch ya soon though! (and all you other rag taggers ;) ).

I guess some guy was impressed by my G3 skills when I took his head off. I heard him talking about it on voice chat (I usually don't use a mic)

I love my G3 :D

G3 is awesome on Hardcore games. Regular settings it can go from being decent to nerf dart shooter for me.

P.S. I'm getting on in the next 20 minutes or so and I'll probably be playing for near the rest of the night.

I have to walk my dogs, and pick up my dry cleaning as this cleaner only has pick-ups after 5:30 p.m. (-_-). After that, I'll log in and join the fun. ^_^

I'm going on right now, and I'm sorry, but the M16 fails next to the G3. I didn't like it at first, but now that I've got the aiming down, I always come out on top in TDM.

I'm going to change my gamertag before I play, so don't be surprised if you guys don't see Velikost. I can't believe it costs 800 points to change :bomb:

EDIT: No ?'s allowed? That might be a dealbreaker...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Hey folks, been traveling lately but will be comfortably in front of my 360 tomorrow for COD4 night. HUZZAH!! HUZZAH!!

Hi,

Just wondered if COD4 is still worth buying? Are there many players still playing COD4 and if so is it too late for a new player? Since it may take a while to get all the goodies :)

Ta

Mango

[quote name='mrmango']Hi,

Just wondered if COD4 is still worth buying? Are there many players still playing COD4 and if so is it too late for a new player? Since it may take a while to get all the goodies :)

Ta

Mango[/quote]

It's still the #2 played game on XBL. I think it still switches off with H3 taking the #1 spot every once in a while. Lots of people still playing it. I don't think it's too late to get into it. If you don't prestige it doesn't take too long to get all the weapons.

Cool,

Thanks, well I have been on Halo just recently. So I guess if it is getting those numbers, then I look forward to getting it in the next couple of days :)

Thanks for the quick response!

Mango

[quote name='Trakan']It's still the #2 played game on XBL. I think it still switches off with H3 taking the #1 spot every once in a while. Lots of people still playing it. I don't think it's too late to get into it. If you don't prestige it doesn't take too long to get all the weapons.[/quote]

Just be careful mango; I played Halo almost every day until I got CoD4. I took a couple weeks off from Halo, and when I went back to try to play it, I was pretty bad. Be sure to keep your skills sharp in both games!

And I think CoD definately has some longevity. Even though World at War is coming out, I don't think a lot of people will switch over until there is another modern warfare game, as opposed to the upcoming WW2 one.

Yeah, I'm still very iffy about World at War. Opposed to others, I never liked any of the WWII first person shooters and was the whole reason I waited so long to get COD4 this past spring (i.e. I couldn't get into COD2). I have plenty of other games on my plate for this fall and will probably rent WaW before purchasing it unless I get in on the reported beta and can try things out there. Speaking of, I need to play some more COD4....my brief time last night was dedicated to SOCOM Confrontation :)

Same here Flesh.
I havent logged any COD4 time in almost a week. Ive been getting ready for a TF2 tournament, but I'll have to get some hardcore deathmatch action in soon.
Sorry I missed you and Simon on SOCOM last eve. Curse you Time Warner :censored:

[quote name='lolwut?']Just be careful mango; I played Halo almost every day until I got CoD4. I took a couple weeks off from Halo, and when I went back to try to play it, I was pretty bad. Be sure to keep your skills sharp in both games!

And I think CoD definately has some longevity. Even though World at War is coming out, I don't think a lot of people will switch over until there is another modern warfare game, as opposed to the upcoming WW2 one.[/quote]

I have a feeling there will be considerable numbers that will opt to continue playing COD4 instead of World at War, especially if Infinity War continues support for their title while they continue working on their upcoming project.

[quote name='woodcan']Yeah, I'm still very iffy about World at War. Opposed to others, I never liked any of the WWII first person shooters and was the whole reason I waited so long to get COD4 this past spring (i.e. I couldn't get into COD2). I have plenty of other games on my plate for this fall and will probably rent WaW before purchasing it unless I get in on the reported beta and can try things out there. Speaking of, I need to play some more COD4....my brief time last night was dedicated to SOCOM Confrontation :)[/quote]

I also cannot say I am a fan of World War II FPSs. However, I am always up to trying new things. I hope World at War appeases my needs. Otherwise, there's... Gears 2, SOCOM, Resistance 2, other non-shooter titles... Oh right. I almost forgot about the flood of titles coming this fall. Here's hoping World at War can keep up with the stream. I would hate to think I wouldn't be playing a Call of Duty title while playing the others.

Yeah, Gears 2 will be the game I move on to. I have no plans to get World at War. Call of Duty 2 was good--singe player anyway never tried the online since I just got around to it earlier this summer, but I really don't dig the WWII weapons etc. compared to the modern stuff.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I love WW2 shooters, and I really don't mind new ones coming out. IMO CoD2 > CoD4 in terms of single player (I only played 2 online once) so I'm definitely looking forward to an updated WW2 shooter. Can't wait to get my B.A.R. on :D

[quote name='BackInBlack']Fixed*[/quote]

The giant pile of soldiers I've slayed thought the same thing ;)

[quote name='lolwut?']I guess I'm in the minority here, but I love WW2 shooters, and I really don't mind new ones coming out. IMO CoD2 > CoD4 in terms of single player (I only played 2 online once) so I'm definitely looking forward to an updated WW2 shooter. Can't wait to get my B.A.R. on :D

The giant pile of soldiers I've slayed thought the same thing ;)[/QUOTE]

do you play regular or hardcore? that would be the biggest difference... in normal i don't think a single weapon comes even close to the m16 to be honest and trust me, i have more than my fair share of kills with every weapon. now in hardcore, there are very few weapons that can compete with the g3 in terms of overall accuracy, so it becomes an amazing weapon where i find it only decent in normal (mostly depends on the host though).

then again, any weapon that someone uses a lot can become a great weapon in any mode, i have proven that to myself by beating p90's with an uzi in normal deathmatch (or skorpian even, i have maxed out every weapon many times).

[quote name='lolwut?']The giant pile of soldiers I've slayed thought the same thing ;)[/quote]

I'll bet the pile of soldiers killed with my M16 is bigger. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']do you play regular or hardcore?[/quote]

Regular. Maybe a lot of people online just aren't that skilled...

[quote name='Trakan']I'll bet the pile of soldiers killed with my M16 is bigger. ;)[/quote]

I had one more. Then I re-killed your entire pile making it my pile so now I am in the lead by thousands.

[quote name='lolwut?']Regular. Maybe a lot of people online just aren't that skilled...

I had one more. Then I re-killed your entire pile making it my pile so now I am in the lead by thousands.[/QUOTE]

i will agree that the majority aren't that skilled, but the g3 in regular is an on/off thing. if it is a laggy host, i find the g3 to be one of the worst guns to use since it doesn't pack enough punch to drop someone quickly and lag will help them get away from it. on a good host, i love the g3 and is probably one of my most used weapons in any game mode.

plus, i bet my pile of bodies almost doubles yours!

[quote name='lolwut?']I had one more. Then I re-killed your entire pile making it my pile so now I am in the lead by thousands.[/quote]

What is this? COD Zombie war? ;)
:hot:

Chase, hope your 360 thing works out! :) It'll be tough to play Gears without it after all ;) !!

Played Hardcore TDM for the first time just now. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait for respawns. I don't like having to watch my worst teammate suck for 10 seconds.

Also, MrMango, we all play pretty regularly so when you get COD, just give us a shout out! ;) We've even been known to grace the Halo front occasionally as well ... oh the good times ... :D !

[quote name='lolwut?']Played Hardcore TDM for the first time just now. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait for respawns. I don't like having to watch my worst teammate suck for 10 seconds.[/quote]

I

[quote name='lolwut?']Played Hardcore TDM for the first time just now. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait for respawns. I don't like having to watch my worst teammate suck for 10 seconds.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to see that if you don't die!

[quote name='Shan82']What is this? COD Zombie war? ;) [/quote]

Sorry, I thought this was the Left 4 Dead general discussion :whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']you don't have to see that if you don't die![/quote]

Touche. I guess I got a little too used to my HUD. Seriously though, I played Wetwork, and I had 2 teammates sniping when there was no one to snipe.

[quote name='lolwut?']I played Wetwork, and I had 2 teammates sniping when there was no one to snipe.[/QUOTE]

Correction: there is always someone to snipe. Two snipers on Wetworks is a bit overkill though. I know I just get pissed when I'm racking up kills sniping and then someone changes classes to sniper, comes up right behind me, shoots alot and draws attention to themselves and gets me killed right as I'm about to get an airstrike/helicopter.

[quote name='lolwut?']If you say so. I was watching him a lot and he wasn't getting that many kills.[/QUOTE]

that just means he wasn't a very good sniper... i can snipe on either side of wetwork and i usually average 15-20 kills a game (without dying of course)

[quote name='Matt Young']So is the "CAG Gaming Group" thread dead now that everyone's posting in here?

Also, why is Shanna's avatar now 2 dragons fucking? LOL.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lolwut?']Regular. Maybe a lot of people online just aren't that skilled...

I had one more. Then I re-killed your entire pile making it my pile so now I am in the lead by thousands.[/quote]

Check the barracks.

bread's done
Back