Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='whataboutbob?']Has anybody had a "downloading game settings" screen pop up when they are trying to find a game? Ive let it sit at that screen for like an hour now and it still wont do anything. Ive left the game and come back and i still get the same screen. Anybody know what to do?[/quote]
Yes, this is a recurring bug.

[quote name='H-Town Info']when does this beta end?[/QUOTE]
The "end of September", specifically if that's the last day of Sept I don't know

Created a small gamertag sig by request:
LinkinPrime.png

Code:
http://my.livecard.net/66629/LinkinPrime.png
as always...feel free to use it.

After playing the beta, this is DEFINATLY a day one purchase for me. I only hope that the Gh3ylo 3 crowd doesn't over-shadow this. I'll be buying both but COD4 is definalty more my taste & will be the more played of the two. :D

At first it was hard to get the hang of, but once you get it it's a hell of alot fun to play. So much options with weapons and such. Plus I like the ability to complete challenges and level up. I do notice that most of the time I get killed it's from some guy like 3 rooms down scoping.

[quote name='Damian']I have no idea what this reply is supposed to mean.[/quote]

Checking image properties, it's a thwarted hotlink attempt.

[quote name='sp00ge']Checking image properties, it's a thwarted hotlink attempt.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I see that now. He would have had better luck linking to the actual news item here.

this is not a routine request but my friend (new 360 owner) wants to play this beta and if anyone has an extra code, can u please send me a PM. Thanks in advance

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That is incredibly lame. They should have focused half and half as far as achievements go, since it would have been nice to have something to work towards while playing online.[/quote]

When they showed the game at e3 they mentioned all achievements were for the campaign.

That's the point of the challenges system, which I think is much more effective than achievements.

[quote name='Surferflames']When they showed the game at e3 they mentioned all achievements were for the campaign.

That's the point of the challenges system, which I think is much more effective than achievements.[/QUOTE]

Agree'd. Having achievements in the online portion would be a little redundant.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That is incredibly lame. They should have focused half and half as far as achievements go, since it would have been nice to have something to work towards while playing online.[/QUOTE]
Actually it's fantastic. People who don't like to play online can still get all the Achievements, and people who do play online have a whole different set of accomplishments to shoot for with Challenges.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I agree with the Online Challenges being sufficient, plus I love the sound of completing challenges on CoD4 :D[/quote]

Yeah, it's very satisfying... like your mom!

So what primary weapon do you guys usually use? I'm personally a fan of the MP5.

[quote name='yukine']So what primary weapon do you guys usually use? I'm personally a fan of the MP5.[/QUOTE]

Colt M4 with holographic red dot sight.

I have 3 create a classes: all-around, up close, and long range. Long range has the M21 with scope, all-around is the RPD with Red Dot, and up close is the MP5 with Red Dot.

I used to be a huge fan of the M4 but I can't go back to it after playing with the M16 so long, it's just so much more accurate.

~22 kill streak on Team Deathmatch last night. It's frustrating because every time I get that high I die in a really stupid way, I'm confident I could hit a 30 if I manage to keep my ammo supply up. I don't mind dying between 10-19 kills though, you're mostly useless at that point since you can't get back your UAV/Airstrike/Heli ability.

Hey guys,

I just read up on the craziest way of getting a beta code, but it works! You have to follow the instructions below on how to do it because the entire website is in Swedish. The website still offers codes (I just got mine) and you almost get them immediately upon registering (and taking a few steps). Here are the instructions:

PART 1

after you reach the site go just beneath the logga in bar and click
click on bil medlem
this brings up the registration form
the first part is your user name for the site
then password followed by repeat pasword
then type a VALID email address
then enter your forename then second name
click on D.O.B and enter birthdate (best make sure your 18)
then go to the bottom and tick the last box
on the bottom right of the page is a button named skicka click this
then click the red link
PART 2
check your email after 5 minutes
click on your confirmation email link
when redirected type in your username you made
now go back to the logga in section
use the provided area to login
click on call of duty 4 on the top right of the page and if you don't see it here a shortcut to the page http://www.fz.se/beta/?id=2
scroll down and you will see a green box click this (it sends you a beta code)
wait on the site for 5 minutes(sometimes it takes 10 or 15 mins)
then click under your user name the text Hem(which means refreash)
you should then see flashing yellow text near where you clicked before. click this open the message you have been sent
BETA CODE!!!!
read my tips on how to use the site before you try you might be there for a while otherwise

heres the link: http://www.fz.se/

Let me know if you need help!

just tried out the beta the other night...pretty solid game, looks great...granted there are hiccups which I hope will be fixed. Overall a positive experiance for me

Once you guys unlock the ability to add clan tags, you could enter "[CAG]" in front of your names. That way, we could all find each other during matches.

[quote name='magiic']thats not a bad idea, I'll do that now[/quote]

It's much easier than adding everyone in this thread to your friends list!

bread's done
Back