Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='shieryda']Once you guys unlock the ability to add clan tags, you could enter "[CAG]" in front of your names. That way, we could all find each other during matches.[/QUOTE]
Just enter CAG, it encloses your clan tag in [ ] automatically, I don't know if adding them yourself will double it up.

[quote name='Damian']Just enter CAG, it encloses your clan tag in [ ] automatically, I don't know if adding them yourself will double it up.[/quote]

True dat. You don't need the brackets.

No it isn't actually an e-mail, it is a private message on the website.

EDIT: The buttom is "Hem" and it is in the tool bar on the left underneath the login stuff. Once you click it you get a flashing button which means you got a PM. Click on it, open the PM and voila your COD4 Beta Code.

[quote name='Wolve11']No it isn't actually an e-mail, it is a private message on the website.

EDIT: The buttom is "Hem" and it is in the tool bar on the left underneath the login stuff. Once you click it you get a flashing button which means you got a PM. Click on it, open the PM and voila your COD4 Beta Code.[/quote]

o don't see any 'hem" on the left

[quote name='FrankySox']where do you put the beta code. Probably a dumb question.[/quote]

Start your 360 and go to the marketplace slide and select the option to "redeem code." Once you type it, they will ask you if you want to download CoD 4.

[quote name='Wolve11']No it isn't actually an e-mail, it is a private message on the website.

EDIT: The buttom is "Hem" and it is in the tool bar on the left underneath the login stuff. Once you click it you get a flashing button which means you got a PM. Click on it, open the PM and voila your COD4 Beta Code.[/QUOTE]

Don't you get an email for the authorization? I filled out the form two hours ago and have not received anything to validate. I created a 2nd one with a different email address 30 min later and that hasn't received anything either. I've checked spam folders and everything.

I wish I could help more. Be sure to follow the instructions step by step. A few CAGs have been successful while others aren't. I received an immediate e-mail, clicked on the link, requested my token, refreshed with the link, received a PM, opened it with the code in it.

Just tried it again and I didn't receive the registration e-mail right away....still waiting on it now.....once you get the registration e-mail, login and use the second link in my description. Scroll down and click on the box at the bottom. Then click "Hem" on the left side toolbar and it'll refresh with a green colored message which stands for Private Message. Open it and it is in English (most of it) and it is has the code and instructions.

I'm about to get onto the beta. Send a friend request if you wanna get a game together. As a note, I'm pretty sick and half been asleep on and off most of the day until about an hour ago. I've also been on Tylenol, Dayquil, and now Theraflu soooo if my play is less than stellar, I have some kind of excuse.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'm about to get onto the beta. Send a friend request if you wanna get a game together. As a note, I'm pretty sick and half been asleep on and off most of the day until about an hour ago. I've also been on Tylenol, Dayquil, and now Theraflu soooo if my play is less than stellar, I have some kind of excuse.[/QUOTE]

Based on your gameplay, you must be sick and medicine induced every night ;)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Based on your gameplay, you must be sick and medicine induced every night ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey. I came back from my 1-11 starting performance alright.

Methinks Wolfe11 is going to get everyone kicked off Xbox Live until 9999.

I'm tempted to try his method so I don't get brutalized once the full game comes out buuuuut... I like my Xbox Live account.

[quote name='zewone']I have an extra code, I'm just going to post it here. First come, first serve:

TBF9D-XYCV9-8HV28-BP3RJ-473K6[/QUOTE]
Worked! Thanks!

[quote name='Halo05']Methinks Wolfe11 is going to get everyone kicked off Xbox Live until 9999.

I'm tempted to try his method so I don't get brutalized once the full game comes out buuuuut... I like my Xbox Live account.[/quote]

No you will not be banned for it. Just like gamespot other countries are still handing out codes too. People in the UK are getting their codes through the UK gamespot. I'm sure that this is the swedish type way of getting one. They only give out a certain amount of codes a day. I tried signing up again a few hours ago and I am still to even receive the registration e-mail.

[quote name='Wolve11']No you will not be banned for it. Just like gamespot other countries are still handing out codes too. People in the UK are getting their codes through the UK gamespot. I'm sure that this is the swedish type way of getting one. They only give out a certain amount of codes a day. I tried signing up again a few hours ago and I am still to even receive the registration e-mail.[/QUOTE]

I guess I figured that the code would d/l the European beta which would then look odd being played on a (most likely) US account and MS would wade into CoD4 with the banhammer.

[quote name='Wolve11']I'm gonna try to do this again from scratch. I'll PM someone the code if it works.[/quote]

me plez, I tryed that swedish website but it didn't really work for me

I stopped playing this for a couple days, started again last night...whoa it was like I had to learn everything all over again...by the 3rd game I was almost back to my normal kill count.

The names of my custom classes disappeared, but the weapons and perks are still there. Weird.

I was able to complete a few more challanges, too.

I know alot of you here don't care for Themes/Gamerpics, but for those of us that do:
The Artist Life:
As I mentioned earlier, we're nearing the end of development, and with the game shipping on November 5th, we've been spending our time polishing up the game wherever possible, tweaking it here and there based on community feedback, and overall putting in those little final touches that really make the game what it is.

For Artists, this is typically when they start knocking out some of the support art assets for the game, like Gamerpics, Themes, Wallpapers, and other extra art goods. I've been checking out some of the concepts and prototypes they've been coming up with and I'm pretty stoked to finally sport some of these, such as this concept pack tentatively titled "CQB":

lace_918.jpg

And this is just one of quite a few packs that they're working on. No ETA on when these may be available for download just yet, as the main focus right now is the beta and getting the final game finished and shipped. That said, we wanted to get started early on these pieces to make sure you guys have a good number of potential downloads to choose from before launch.
CharlieOscarDelta.com

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Doh.. I got nothing from the site either. I'lll try again tommorow. (Or someone can PM me a code, please?)[/QUOTE]

Yep, I tried twice, one at my regualr IP address & one at my Dell Myway.com address & I didn't get a confirmation email at either.

I'm trying to get one for a Xbox LIVE friend. Everyone in his clan has the beta but him.

This is sad... I reallly want to get in on this! I just got Live yesterday (TRU Deal with another controller, for Halo 3) but I would have loved to play the beat this weekend while I'm waiting.

[quote name='MastaGamer']God, I love this game. this will definitely give halo 3 a run for its money[/quote]

QFT, I'm utterly addicted to this damn beta. :whistle2:(

The customization is so deep, and it will take hours upon hours to get to the highest rank once the full game is out (which is at LEAST lvl. 55, according to the "Prestige Test").

It has the classic CoD atmosphere that made the others awesome, and overall I can't freakin' wait for the retail version to be released.

In other news...I'm starting to do pretty good now, just reached lvl. 16 and had an 18 kill match and a 16 kill match! I know that's probably nothing to some people, but earlier all I could get was about 8 kills. My friend just had a 41 kill match though :hot: :hot:

There is no greater feeling than calling an airstrike on Overgrown and killing 4 snipers in a row at that camping spot next to the bridge (on the opposte side of the barn).

[quote name='Kendro']There is no greater feeling than calling an airstrike on Overgrown and killing 4 snipers in a row at that camping spot next to the bridge (on the opposte side of the barn).[/QUOTE]

I killed 4 snipers at the barn once with a knife and UAV. It was funny because their all sitting there zoomed in and they don't even see me killing the guys next to them LOL

Horrible news guys.

On the road to going gold and I've got some announcements for you along the way. First thing's first. The Level cap is rising!

Friday Sept. 28th, (first thing aka 10 am PST) we're going to be maxing out the level cap for the beta at Rank 25. This is going to allow you to rank up and unlock everything that's not marked Classified including new weapons, perks, and challenges such as:

Assault Rifles:
> G3

Light Machine Guns:
> M60E4

Sniper Rifles:
> Dragunov

Perk 1:
> Claymore X2

Perk 2:
> Slight of Hand

Perk 3:
> Martyrdom

Next weekend (Friday 28th / Sunday 30th) is going to be a mad rush to level 25 as it's official, come 11:59pm on Sunday the 30th the beta will be coming to a close. I know, I know... but don't worry. It'll only be a little over a month from that point that you'll be able to get your hands on the full version of the game on November 5th.

I've been working so much lately I haven't been on Live in almost a week. I'll have to make sure to schedule some time for that weekend though. I REALLY want to try out martyrdom on my kamakazee knife combat. muahaha.

I met Juicy J and Project pat on CoD4 beta! I tried to send them a FR but their friends list was full :(. I think their still on. Im not sure if their telling the truth, but they were premoting some new record by juicy J. I cant find any news on this, but im still proud to say i might have played with the Memfis boyz.

I'm done for the night...I been killed so many times that I almost threw my controller to the wall.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

I guess it's my fault for not playing at least an hour a night...damn projects.

[quote name='retail sucks']I killed 4 snipers at the barn once with a knife and UAV. It was funny because their all sitting there zoomed in and they don't even see me killing the guys next to them LOL[/QUOTE]

Dude, I think I was one of those snipers, LOL!

bread's done
Back