Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So who's going to drop Halo 3 for the last two days of the Beta? I think I will, that's unless Halo 3 sucks me in good![/quote]

I'll be playing the beta until my coffin arrives! fucking console keeps scratching my game discs.

All you level 12's or higher: please add "CAG" as your clan tag (if you want to play with the rest of us).

Ah damn, I was excited for the sleight of hand perk since I use the saw alot, but only two days to use it, boo. I really hope claymores can be destroyed by shoting them, otherwise its gonna throw the balance off.

[quote name='shieryda']I'll be playing the beta until my coffin arrives! fucking console keeps scratching my game discs.

All you level 12's or higher: please add "CAG" as your clan tag (if you want to play with the rest of us).[/QUOTE]

How does this work? I never tried adding a tag.

The level cap rising should have happened this week. With Halo 3 coming out on Tuesday im sure the number of people playing the beta will drop by a ton.

[quote name='OGHowie']So I just add CAG, no [ ] brackets or anything like that?[/quote]

Yeah, the brackets are added automatically, like Rainbow Six: Vegas

Does the UAV Jammer perk have the same function as using a silencer or does it only mask you when you're passive(not-shooting)?

I ran out of ammo and picked up an M4 with a silencer which served me really well in the situation I was in(line of sight on a new spawn point for the opposite team) so I'd figure I'd try the stealth thing out.

[quote name='Mojimbo'](line of sight on a new spawn point for the opposite team) so I'd figure I'd try the stealth thing out.[/QUOTE]
Ick. That's just ridiculously poor sportsmanship.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Does the UAV Jammer perk have the same function as using a silencer or does it only mask you when you're passive(not-shooting)?

I ran out of ammo and picked up an M4 with a silencer which served me really well in the situation I was in(line of sight on a new spawn point for the opposite team) so I'd figure I'd try the stealth thing out.[/QUOTE]

UAV Jammer will only block you on the radar when they activate a UAV. The Silencer masks all shooting. Using both will make you invisible to the radar.

Thanks, pimpin, I think I'll try the silencer out then or at least set it up in one of the unused custom slots I have.

[quote name='Damian']Ick. That's just ridiculously poor sportsmanship.[/QUOTE]Bullshit.

On Crash I generally stay on the second story of the store building, on the outside. From there you have line of sight to at least three possible spawn points.

1. The three story building(both the front and back exits)
2. The Marines' spawn point that you start at in the beginning of the game.
3. The Terrorists' spawn point that you start at in the beginning of the game.

I was up there looking towards #1 and they started spawning at #2, which was a little past the "backyard" of the shop. I was able to pick them off as they were climbing the fence to enter the shop's rear entrance and some as they took cover behind the car that's around there. Seeing as I was there all along I find it completely acceptable. I'm not gonna let them rush me just because I lucked out and they didn't.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Thanks, pimpin, I think I'll try the silencer out then or at least set it up in one of the unused custom slots I have.

Bullshit.

On Crash I generally stay on the second story of the store building, on the outside. From there you have line of sight to at least three possible spawn points.

1. The three story building(both the front and back exits)
2. The Marines' spawn point that you start at in the beginning of the game.
3. The Terrorists' spawn point that you start at in the beginning of the game.

I was up there looking towards #1 and they started spawning at #2, which was a little past the "backyard" of the shop. I was able to pick them off as they were climbing the fence to enter the shop's rear entrance and some as they took cover behind the car that's around there. Seeing as I was there all along I find it completely acceptable. I'm not gonna let them rush me just because I lucked out and they didn't.[/quote]

So, you're a camper that stays within line of sight of spawn points. That is what's bullshit.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I was up there looking towards #1 and they started spawning at #2, which was a little past the "backyard" of the shop. I was able to pick them off as they were climbing the fence to enter the shop's rear entrance and some as they took cover behind the car that's around there. Seeing as I was there all along I find it completely acceptable. I'm not gonna let them rush me just because I lucked out and they didn't.[/QUOTE]
If you couldn't shoot them as they spawned, and they had a chance to move somewhere else, that's fine. If you were popping them as they spawned with them having no recourse, that's shitty.

[quote name='shieryda']So, you're a camper that stays within line of sight of spawn points. That is what's bullshit.[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't give a crap about "camping" or any other particular style of play being better than another. The only reason I would care is taking advantage of a bad design to remove anyone's chance of even playing.

[quote name='shieryda']So, you're a camper that stays within line of sight of spawn points. That is what's bullshit.[/QUOTE]Are you familiar with Crash? Are you familiar with the two story shop building in Crash(directly across the blue building)?

The dismissal of holding a position as "camping" is such bullshit. Yes, if I can get to higher ground you better believe I'm going to hold it as long as I can. And guess what, if I can see them, they can see me. You are just as much at a disadvantage trying to hold that spot as they are because of how many ways you can get hit up there. Off the top of my head there are at least ten active positions where an enemy can pick you off once you are up there. That's not counting the effects of grenades, airstrikes, helicopters or the grenade launcher.

For the record, this is all with an M16 or an M4, I don't touch anything with a long range scope if I don't have to.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sunday 9/30 @ 11:59pm PT[/quote]
You sure about that? Because everyone at the COD4 forums are saying that it doesn't end on the 30th.

I haven't added a "CAG" tag yet, I'll be sure to do that. Does it list all those with the tag that are currently playing or something? As that'd be very useful. I have only been able to play with a handful of CAGs once... JimmieMac, zewone, and Cheapy. I'd like to do it some more, as I'm sure you guys would use good teamwork unlike random people on the servers.

[quote name='Mojimbo']For the record, this is all with an M16 or an M4, I don't touch anything with a long range scope if I don't have to.[/quote]

Damn Moj, seriously? With your Kill : Death ratio at nearly 2.5:1 I figured you HAD to be sniping all the time.

As for if what Moj is doing is cheap, if he's talking about where I think he is, it's fucking skill to hold that position for more than a couple minutes. Sure you have a shot on multiple spawn points but you also have to watch your back for people rushing you from two different directions and people trying to pick you off from a disance from at least 3 directions. I usually just run up there, knife whoever is up there and run away. :D

That's so stupid they are going to wait until the 28th to raise it. They should have had more increments (say raising it to lvl 20 this week) and given people at least 4-5 days with the new weapons. I know, I know, it's a Beta and they don't HAVE to do anything. But it would have been nice.

[quote name='graf1k']Damn Moj, seriously? With your Kill : Death ratio at nearly 2.5:1 I figured you HAD to be sniping all the time.[/QUOTE]Yeah, nine times out of ten I'm using an M16 with a red dot. Using long range rifles is a total crapshoot for me especially when you get some lag thrown in so I don't even bother. I don't even think I've gotten past the first set of challenges for either of the sniper rifles.

[quote name='ZForce915']How do I do that cool move where you can shoot after you've been killed?[/QUOTE]
That's the Last Stand perk.

[quote name='ZForce915']How do I do that cool move where you can shoot after you've been killed?[/QUOTE]
I believe it's the "Last Stand" perk.

Ah, that does indeed suck. At least we won't have to wait long for the official release, I can't wait for it.

Again, add me if you'd like to get some games in. I've been playing Team Deathmatch for the most part, but have since discovered how awesome Search & Destroy is.

[quote name='ZForce915']How do I do that cool move where you can shoot after you've been killed?[/quote]

It's one of the perks you can assign (Perk 3 slot) to your create-a-class. It's available once you hit Level 12.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's one of the perks you can assign (Perk 3 slot) to your create-a-class. It's available once you hit Level 12.[/QUOTE]

Level 12 seems so far away! I'm having a lot more fun with this game then I thought I would. I've never played a Call of Duty game before.

Level 12 doesn't seem that far. I've probably only played 3 quick sessions, couldn't have been longer than a half hour each and I'm at level 6. So I think progression is pretty quick though I have nothing to compare it to.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Level 12 doesn't seem that far. I've probably only played 3 quick sessions, couldn't have been longer than a half hour each and I'm at level 6. So I think progression is pretty quick though I have nothing to compare it to.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be harder for people like me who blew through most of the challenges just by playing normally

Alright guys, i just got my 360 today, and i am downloading it now, unfortunately i have to go to work soon but i will be playing tonight around 10PM Central. so be sure all of yall add my gamertag (over on the left side)

[quote name='Pestilence']Alright guys, i just got my 360 today, and i am downloading it now, unfortunately i have to go to work soon but i will be playing tonight around 10PM Central. so be sure all of yall add my gamertag (over on the left side)[/QUOTE]
Added. I'm at week 2 with my 360 so you can play all the old games with me :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']Level 12 doesn't seem that far. I've probably only played 3 quick sessions, couldn't have been longer than a half hour each and I'm at level 6. So I think progression is pretty quick though I have nothing to compare it to.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. As soon as the challenges opened up, it lead to extra experience point bonuses and quicker leveling.

Also I think I saw it say Last Stand was a level 8 bonus.

Well im done with this game. It was fun while it lasted, which wasn't very long. Too repetitive. I may get this from YF360G, we will see how Halo is doing at that point.

Man, when i get Halo 3 im deleteing every thing off my HDD to make space for saved clips 'n' shit like that. Screw the CoD4 BETA i wasted a lot of time tring to get blue tiger camo and when i got it, it looked like a monkey turd.

I was able to get a beta token for my friend today through the Swedish site Wolfe pointed out. It took around 24 hours to get the confirmation email.

Here is the instruction. I refined them a little from the op.

You have to follow the instructions below on how to do it because the entire website is in Swedish. Here the instructions and link:

http://www.fz.se/

Once you reach the site go just beneath the link "logga" and click on "bil medlem" This brings up the registration form.

1). user name (Användarnamn)
2). password & repeat pasword (Losenard & Bekrafta)
3). then type a VALID email address (E-post)
4). firstname & Last name (Forenamn & Efternamn)
5). click the tab on D.O.B and enter birthdate (best make sure your 18)
6). Click the box under "Regler".
7). then scroll to the bottom right and click skicka
8). on the next page click the red texted link

PART 2
1). Check your emails for a confirmation email (may take upto 12-24 hours)
2). Click on your confirmation email link
3). When redirected type in your username you made
4). Use the provided area to login & click onto "logga".
5). Click on call of duty 4 on the top right of the page and if you don't see it here a shortcut to the page http://www.fz.se/beta/?id=2
6). Scroll down and you will see a green box click this (it sends you a beta code)
7). Wait on the site for a few minutes(sometimes it takes 10 or 15 mins)
8). Then click "Hem" (refresh)
9). You should then see flashing yellow text near where you clicked "Hem" before.
10). Click this open the message you have been sent BETA CODE!!!!

bread's done
Back