Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm just tired of them not telling us when the beta will be. I mean, they must know where the beta is completion wise, tell us a 'possible' date and we'll be happy.

I'm sure they will give updates whenever it is ready....sheesh. I hope I get it, but I wonder how they will pick. I finally registered on their website.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Would it kill them to release a Demo?? RSV isn't cutting it...[/quote]

Well, i'm not buying the game until i get on the beta or play a demo. I want to see how the game plays before throwign away $60.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I haven't paid attention to the COD games and their pricing, are they like Ubi games where they will drop to $40 after 2 months?[/QUOTE]

Based on the last two, Activision usually prevents that by releasing Gold Editions.

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, i'm not buying the game until i get on the beta or play a demo. I want to see how the game plays before throwign away $60.[/quote]

Already pre-ordered it on Liongames.com for $52. I want it that bad. Only game I've pre-ordered ever was the Gran Turimo games.

Yeah... but, I want to get a taste before it comes out.

Beta Details:

Charlie Oscar Delta is your Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer (MP) BETA headquarters. Check it out! We've included all of the pertinent details for the sampling of MP action that you will experience in the COD4:MW Xbox 360 Public MP BETA. This is also where you will get an opportunity to join the COD4:MW MP BETA...and that opportunity will come sooner than you think.

Don't worry, we'll give you plenty of warning. Look for an update here in BETA headquarters. We'll also throw an announcement into SITREP and add a countdown clock on our homepage.

To be eligible for a token-you must be 18 years of age or older, punctual and capable of answering three trivia questions correctly. Yes, punctual. To be fair, we're doling out the tokens on a first come first serve basis. We're still finalizing plans for where the Beta will be available. Initially, in order to get underway we'll be rolling-out in the United States. As soon as we're able to confirm which other countries are good to go we'll be back to update everybody.

For now, dig into the details below. We organized all the information into two sections-Intel and FAQ. They outline everything you need to know, from how to download the BETA to what awaits you once you do. Stay tuned for more information.
http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/

It will also have a "party matchmaking" system:
Does the Public Beta have matchmaking? How can I play with my friends? Easy. Select 'Xbox Live' from the main menu and then choose 'Find Game'. If you want to party up with your friends, select 'Party Invite' from the same menu. You can also jump into matches your friends are playing by selecting their gamertag through the Xbox 360 dashboard, Friend's List and the option 'Join Session in Progress'.

Beta Game Modes:

Free-For-All.jpg
Team-Deathmatch.jpg

Team-Objective.jpg
Team-Tactical.jpg

It will have 3 maps:
Overgrown.jpg
Vacant.jpg

Crash.jpg

Good luck all.

After reading through the character customization(skill wise) it sounds really cool. I like some of the more quirky ones like martyrdom where you drop a live grenade as you are dying.

I've heard a lot of rumors that it could be up tomorrow (today, actually) or Monday-Tuesday. I'm leaning toward Monday-Tuesday because of that countdown clock linkinprime posted earlier.

Found a few posts about that on the TXB forums from the guys who previewed the beta in the link above.

[quote name='anomynous']if the beta is supposed to be this month, shouldnt they get it started soon?[/quote]

Seem slike all signs point to next Friday (24th)...3 days before the semester starts up for me :(

[quote name='MemphisGun']Hope its better than 3.[/quote]
Of course it will be. Infinity Ward didnt make that pile of crap that was 3. They actually care about the COD name and have always done thier best to make an excellent game.

Pre-registration details TOMORROW at 5pm PST:

Here is the news on the pre-registration details scheduled to become available tomorrow at 5pm PST:

Preamble:
We worked hard to get this beta done July 26th. Since then we’ve been working on logistical issues, MS cert, what would be involved to make everything work internationally, number of keys, and a bunch of other boring non-game stuff. Most of it is just related to being the first 3rd party console game to offer a beta.

Now there are even more logistical issues coming up. Streetwise is pumping up their servers in an effort for charlieoscardelta to be able to handle the beta traffic. Additionally, since they are testing the new servers right now they can’t really update them. So putting up countdowns, changing and testing the scripts to gather info for tokens, etc would have to wait a bit.

24 hour notice:
But we’ve been playing the beta internally, and it’s so much fun we are dying to play with you. So… let’s blow off waiting for the site and just consider this the countdown — there will be a way for people to register for the beta starting 5pm PST tomorrow. Some of those will be playing as early as tomorrow night.. tick tock tick tock.

The roll out:
The beta is going to roll out in waves. Rather than just putting a million people in the beta and hope nothing goes wrong, we will ramp up the playercount over time.

As fourzerotwo mentioned, right now some friends/family are testing. The press will be joining in the next couple days — including those of you who make it into the first wave.

No worries if you aren’t in the very first wave (most won’t be), we should have a new wave of players every day or so as we ramp up.

Details on how to register for your chance to be in the beta will be posted tomorrow at 5pm PST*. So stay tuned for details, it will be a limited time offer.

*= this may not be the only way to ever get in the beta, but it is the way to have a chance to get in the early waves.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3486

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I wonder what Trivia Questions will be asked to get you in.[/quote]

Hopefully it's all stuff from the site, not like some of their weekly trivia that seems like it's pull out of thin air.

We work together on getting these trivia questions right? I dont want some of us not getting in on this because we dont know the name of the general at Little Big Horn.

I saw cheapyD playing this last night, so as site says, some friends and members of the company are already playing it. Beat is done, they just need to get it to the masses.

Isn't this rated T? Wonder why you need to be 18...which pisses me off cause I'm only 15..almost 16 :D

EDIT - Wow I just realized it's rated M...

[quote name='Surferflames']Well I can't access the site anymore. Either they are getting hammered early or they are updating.[/QUOTE]

I would put my money on hammered. Saw this comming a mile away.

[quote name='Surferflames']Well I can't access the site anymore. Either they are getting hammered early or they are updating.[/quote]
me too, i guess ill just wait till the next signup. Plus, even if i dont get in, ill still have bioshock to play

[quote name='darkrage']still got a few minutes left

if you get in, follow up by posting your trivia questions and experience.[/QUOTE]

will do... slow molasses style >_

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got 4 tabs 2 in firefox 2 in IE and nothing...
cool21.gif
[/QUOTE]

using safari, the site is loading (slowly), but I see no changes yet.

um i thought this was for tomorrow?

edit: nevermind: "Here is the news on the pre-registration details scheduled to become available today at 5pm PST:"

bread's done
Back