Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

Played a couple with rudypants tonight before I had to go to work. For some reason my connection here at school is getting inconsistent. Somedays I am stuck only playing Deathmatch, somedays it is strictly HQ, and others it is just Domination(today) or Ground Wars.

Rudy...I think that is why I dropped from the party when we went into Deathmatch.

I am starting to like doing the Prestige now. I am at 2nd prestige level 42(or 41 unsure). I think this next time I am going to keep track of how many hours it takes me to go through one level of prestige.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Before we make a second friends list, let me go through and remove people that haven't played COD4 in what...like 10 days? That seem fair? Two weeks?[/quote]
10 days seems to be fair. I will be one of the few people on the waiting list to be added and are one of the few CAGs that play daily.

Don't delete me! I'll be back on in the next couple of days. Took a break to play through Mass Effect while Live was being a bitch.

I just managed a 764 point round playing domination on shipment. The second place player was 288 points. I don't remember exactly, but I think I was something like 64 and 19 kills/deaths.

Total XP for that game was 2443 since I completed the SAW marksman III and some other stuff along with the match bonus XP.

A winner is me.

I'm posting this in both the general thread and the COD Thursdays thread. I went through the friends list for CAGCOD4 and removed people that haven't played the game in the last two weeks because we've had such a demand for spots. Don't take it personally, just opening up spots for people that are interested in being active.

So, that opens up the gate for friend requests. Send yours, I'll check to see that you've played recently and I'll accept them until I fill up the spots.

I'm up for joining the CAGCOD4 list. I'm leaving Thursday to go out of town for a week and a half, but between now and then, and after that, I'll be playing fairly often (several times a week, if not every night).

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I went through the friends list for CAGCOD4 and removed people that haven't played the game in the last two weeks because we've had such a demand for spots. [/quote]

Good to hear, I swear today I kept trying to find some CAGs to play with and out of the 16 or so that were online, only 3 were playing it. Now... I can understand playing something else...alright that was a lie, who am I kidding, no I can't ... but for less than 25% of people online to be playing it is somewhat stupid and defeats the purpose of the CAGCOD4. I look forward to playing with some of the new additions.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'm posting this in both the general thread and the COD Thursdays thread. I went through the friends list for CAGCOD4 and removed people that haven't played the game in the last two weeks because we've had such a demand for spots. Don't take it personally, just opening up spots for people that are interested in being active.

So, that opens up the gate for friend requests. Send yours, I'll check to see that you've played recently and I'll accept them until I fill up the spots.[/quote]

Oooo! I'll join!

[quote name='lordwow']I got myself a 26 kill streak last night playing with some CAGs. It was insane.

I did it on HQ on Bloc, with my normal setup (silenced p90, UAV Jammer, 3 frags, extreme conditioning). I ran out of ammo in the p90, I stabbed 9 guys (the were all sniping from the opposing building, literally 5 of them were in sniper garb), and they just didn't seem to notice me sitting there with the UAV Jammer on and not shooting.[/QUOTE]
haha. i just started using uav jammer recently. i couldnt bring myself to take stopping power off.
id rock bandolier instead of excond though. i HATE running out of ammo.

[quote name='Moxio']Just got the game today, am only at level 4. :([/QUOTE]

don't worry you can rank fast. I'm a 35 after just two rental periods

[quote name='Moxio']Just got the game today, am only at level 4. :([/quote]

don't worry, i went from lvl 9 to 20 something in one day, it goes fast.

[quote name='paz9x']haha. i just started using uav jammer recently. i couldnt bring myself to take stopping power off.
id rock bandolier instead of excond though. i HATE running out of ammo.[/quote]I ALWAYS switch to my pistol and pick up a second big gun off a dead body when I first find one when there's no action right by me. That way when I run out of ammo I've got another gun, or instead of reloading during action I can switch to another big gun instead of a pistol. The best is when I'm sniping and they rush me thinking I've only got a sniper rifle and I bust out the MP5 with stopping power!

[quote name='paz9x']haha. i just started using uav jammer recently. i couldnt bring myself to take stopping power off.
id rock bandolier instead of excond though. i HATE running out of ammo.[/quote]

You can use both. My class consists of this...

MP5 or AK-47u (Silenced) or sometimes Uzi if I need challenges
whatever pistol (just swap for another sub-machine or an lmg)
Bandolier
Uav Jammer
Extreme Conditioning

=

Kill fests

[quote name='jdawgg76']I ALWAYS switch to my pistol and pick up a second big gun off a dead body when I first find one when there's no action right by me. That way when I run out of ammo I've got another gun, or instead of reloading during action I can switch to another big gun instead of a pistol. The best is when I'm sniping and they rush me thinking I've only got a sniper rifle and I bust out the MP5 with stopping power![/QUOTE]
i forgot bando is a perk 1.

yeah, it didnt occur to me to do that. im going to start.

now attachments obviously stay on the weapons, but i was under the assumption that perks were attached to the player not the weapon, meaning if you have stopping power on whatever you pick up will have it as well.

hmm anybody know?

[quote name='xcoax']I just managed a 764 point round playing domination on shipment. The second place player was 288 points. I don't remember exactly, but I think I was something like 64 and 19 kills/deaths.

Total XP for that game was 2443 since I completed the SAW marksman III and some other stuff along with the match bonus XP.

A winner is me.[/quote]
Playing Headquarters on that map is insane. I did something like that last night. So many nades and other madness. I got about 900 points (thats including the bonus) and 86 kills with like 22 deaths. Airstrikes are pretty awesome on that map. :D

[quote name='shinryuu']Playing Headquarters on that map is insane. I did something like that last night. So many nades and other madness. I got about 900 points (thats including the bonus) and 86 kills with like 22 deaths. Airstrikes are pretty awesome on that map. :D[/quote]

A few nights ago I was playing HQ on shipment and got a 15 kill streak while I was dead. I had just called in an airstrike on the location an then got two kills before it dropped the bombs, called the chopper, and got killed by one of my own bombs. I am sitting there watching the other team try to get the HQ back while just getting wrecked by my chopper.

FFA in Shipment with pistol headshots/knives only is great fun. Especially when you get a 5 kill, and just stand there. You get knifed...and then the airstrike you put on yourself kills your evildoer.

Does anyone know for sure how the match bonus is calculated? I can't seem to get a straight answer that makes sense. I will lead my team, win the match, and score more points than my friend and yet he gains a higher match bonus than me by sometimes 200 points. Is it based on the true skill ranking or is it something else. Please let me know because it is driving me nuts. Thanks.

Maybe it's based on kill/death ratio? In that case you could have more kills and points than your friend, but he gets a higher bonus for contributing more to the team by having a higher k/d?

Not sure if that makes sense. But someone with 20 kills and 25 deaths would have more points that someone with 15 kills and 5 deaths, despite the fact that the first person was a detriment to the team due to being -5 kills.

But of course that wouldn't make sense in Free For All. *shrugs*

Yeah I understand what you are saying but that was not the case yesterday. I had higher kill death and points but we were playing domination so we figured like you that he might have captured more flags or protected more flags hence contributing more to the team and earning a higher match bonus. We are both guessing which is fine. I just didn't know if Infinity Ward or whoever made an official statement about how match bonuses work. Thanks for your input though.

[quote name='Erillian']Does anyone know for sure how the match bonus is calculated? I can't seem to get a straight answer that makes sense. I will lead my team, win the match, and score more points than my friend and yet he gains a higher match bonus than me by sometimes 200 points. Is it based on the true skill ranking or is it something else. Please let me know because it is driving me nuts. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Time elapsed and level.

You arent going to earn as much match XP as a person higher (in level) than you because you would earn XP too fast.

[quote name='sasukekun']Time elapsed and level.

You arent going to earn as much match XP as a person higher (in level) than you because you would earn XP too fast.[/QUOTE]

It must have something to do with K:D or Score or something as well, as mine varies pretty wildly even when we go full time.

[quote name='mvp828']Anyone having trouble getting a match right now??[/quote]
Yeah, I kept getting a "Unable to join game session" message.

[quote name='sasukekun']Time elapsed and level.

You arent going to earn as much match XP as a person higher (in level) than you because you would earn XP too fast.[/quote]Gotta agree with this to a large degree as I was getting 200+ bonus points in DM even with k/d of 10-12 let alone 20s-10ish at the higher levels. Now that I just went prestige for the first time I've been on a really good mostly consistent run of 15-30 kills to single digit deaths (hope I didn't just jinx that) and I get bonus points in the 40-60 range. Has to have something to do with level which makes sense.

How do i get the door to open for the intel item on "One Shot One Kill" mission at the end while waiting for the helicopter?

[quote name='uEih']How do i get the door to open for the intel item on "One Shot One Kill" mission at the end while waiting for the helicopter?[/QUOTE]

You have to run into the spawn point for the enemies so that it deactivates. This will cause the other spawn point, which is where the intel is hidden, to open.

[quote name='uEih']How do i get the door to open for the intel item on "One Shot One Kill" mission at the end while waiting for the helicopter?[/QUOTE]
You might have to run around to where the enemies spawn for the door to open.

[quote name='HighlightShow']Yeah, I kept getting a "Unable to join game session" message.[/QUOTE]

Me too, having trouble joining parties too

[quote name='Callandor']You have to run into the spawn point for the enemies so that it deactivates. This will cause the other spawn point, which is where the intel is hidden, to open.[/quote]

Aww man that means its almost impossible to do that on veteran.

Did a little better today, had a few games that were like 10/5, 7/3, 8/4. Not great, but better than usual. Also had a couple really poor ones. I get owned on the maps that are sniper havens (i.e. the level from One Shot, One Kill etc.).

Tend to do best on the ship, as it's well suited to my strategy of moving from corner to corner, flanking etc.

[quote name='uEih']Aww man that means its almost impossible to do that on veteran.[/QUOTE]
Just go back on the easiest level and get all enemy intels, that's what I did.

Yep, for the Intels, play on easy, then save and quit after getting them all in a lvel and load up the next one.

No need to pull your hair out trying to do them on a hard difficulty.

bread's done
Back